Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

That's a bit more complicated because the funding streams for different areas of investigation are divided between entities. Looking at funding in one department will give you an inaccurate image of what actual expenditures are like. Do you have a source for that claim?

Nope I can't. At least the only source I could find that said anything about funding was this. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/44/post/obamas-2013-budget-would-give-justice-department-a-funding-boost/2012/02/13/gIQArUiCBR_blog.html

Which states it to be around 700 million, but I am not sure how that group or groups actually functions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Well if Congress hates what Obama is doing so much they can pass legislation saying he can't do whatever it is they don't like.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
I googled Rand Paul and my verdict is: holy poo poo how did I not notice that terrible rug?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

paragon1 posted:

Well if Congress hates what Obama is doing so much they can pass legislation saying he can't do whatever it is they don't like.

Depends on the source of the power asserted in the executive order. Some are beyond congressional scope- although more crucially, congressional override of an executive order, any executive order, is very difficult to achieve in the current political climate. When it can occur, it requires a lot of whipping and generates heavy press-which is why Presidents like to use them to bait the opposing party. That's a lovely use of a legal power meant for routine administrative affairs.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Defenestration posted:

I googled Rand Paul and my verdict is: holy poo poo how did I not notice that terrible rug?

Tousled, it's tousled wavy hair. It's a sign of youthful vigor.

tousled.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its a sign he scalped someones shih tzu.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Rumor has it that Bill O'Reilly wants to cut it off and use it as the falafel thing and just put it on your pussy but you'd have to do it really light, just kind of a tease business.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
well there's the most disturbing thing I've read all month, thanks

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

ReindeerF posted:

Rumor has it that Bill O'Reilly wants to cut it off and use it as the falafel thing and just put it on your pussy but you'd have to do it really light, just kind of a tease business.

http://www.wikihow.com/Say-No-in-Various-Languages

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i feel like you should be hauled in front of some kind of tribunal for that post

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

ReindeerF posted:

wait what

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Bill O'Reilly sex tapes, back from during the Bush Administration.

It's really sad that he seems like one of the better Fox News hosts just because he's sprinted towards Crazytown 0.5mph slower than the rest of them.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hes also an accomplished fiction author

Bill O'Reilly, in a drug dealer voice posted:

Say baby, put down that pipe and get my pipe up.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
I love how O'Reilly's sexytime voicemails sound like Phil Hartman's overblown Sinatra character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUeYnfWJDv4

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxc8ZY0plM4

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
prepare my host

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

StandardVC10 posted:

It's really sad that he seems like one of the better Fox News hosts just because he's sprinted towards Crazytown 0.5mph slower than the rest of them.

Shep Smith is objectively awesome.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

StandardVC10 posted:

Isn't he primarily responsible for all the "War on Christmas" junk?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Hedera Helix posted:

Isn't he primarily responsible for all the "War on Christmas" junk?

He's a main vendor of that horseshit, yes.

agarjogger
May 16, 2011
What is you Dudes Emeriti' opinion on the Aussie show/political comedy troupe Chaser?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Discendo Vox posted:

Depends on the source of the power asserted in the executive order. Some are beyond congressional scope- although more crucially, congressional override of an executive order, any executive order, is very difficult to achieve in the current political climate. When it can occur, it requires a lot of whipping and generates heavy press-which is why Presidents like to use them to bait the opposing party. That's a lovely use of a legal power meant for routine administrative affairs.

I know that, and you know that, but does your standard Tea Party douchebag that chants "Obama is Hitler" know that?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

agarjogger posted:

What is you Dudes Emeriti' opinion on the Aussie show/political comedy troupe Chaser?

pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABtlI2Wk3Ws

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

It's a contested area, legally. I generally view it with intense suspicion because when it's done for political purposes(like in this case) it's a pretty massive circumvention of Congress. Imagine a Republican administration that decides hate crimes and financial embezzlement are a low priority for Justice Department attention. Executive oversight of the administrative apparatus is an area that wasn't countenanced in the original design of the constitution, and while it's necessary to some degree it's also a real weak spot in US constitutional structure and jurisprudence.

Discendo Vox posted:

it's kind of funny to me that your legal views on executive power almost match john yoo's perfectly (when a democrat is in office).

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Jagchosis posted:

it's kind of funny to me that your legal views on executive power almost match john yoo's perfectly (when a democrat is in office).

I'm OK with that because I hold the same position regardless of administration or policy at issue(hey, I could be mimicking Yoo under Bush-much worse!). I think the nondiscrimination EO would be great- as a law, not as a TPM article. I'm a big fan of the administrative state generally, but the systems of executive branch control, which are all based on the most ad hoc of ad hoc legal doctrines, are a genuine structural flaw in the federal government.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 21, 2014

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drxmFBf8B-A

kool a.d. posted:

soap em with falafel like o'reilly thought a loofah was hitting they chalupa up

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Hey, some of us just have lovely, way-too-curly hair.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pope Guilty posted:

Hey, some of us just have lovely, way-too-curly hair.

Mine starts curling when it gets long. It's long right now because I can't afford to get it cut and I haven't gotten exasperated enough to buzz it myself again.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

razorrozar posted:

Mine starts curling when it gets long. It's long right now because I can't afford to get it cut and I haven't gotten exasperated enough to buzz it myself again.

If I don't keep mine under a couple of inches, it's Gene Shalit time.

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012

ReindeerF posted:

Thank you, ReindeerF, I just spent several minutes rolling on the floor due to to that simultaneously hilarious and horrible imagery. And they say D&D isn't funny... :catstare:

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Crepe myrtles+summer rain=

Not my car, thank God.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

razorrozar posted:

Crepe myrtles+summer rain=

Not my car, thank God.

I think their car looks nice with so many flowers

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

agarjogger posted:

the chaser own.

also das racist owned rip in peace

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
A master-planned community near the water in Gulf Coast Texas, where rednecks move and pretend to be yuppies after they work at the chemical plant for a decade, has just passed an ordinance barring any housing of immigrants within the city. The lady behind it is...

http://www.heidifortexas.com/

CONSTITUTIONAL ACTIVIST

(live every weekday from 12-2PM)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm so loving over Thomas Jefferson.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Thomas Jefferson, reading about the Terror in the newspaper: "This is a good thing that I like."

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
In the year 2200, he, among others, will be our new pantheon of gods.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Of course when these anti-immigrant suburban-dwellers think it comes time to water the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots, they're going to hire a bunch of Mexicans to do it.

Unless of course you can buy sprinklers that disperse patriot blood.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

N. Senada posted:

In the year 2200, he, among others, will be our new pantheon of gods.

e: Christ that was big. Goddamn phone.

razorrozar fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jul 21, 2014

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Tony Jowns posted:

also das racist owned rip in peace

i saw them live a few years ago it was good. truely rip in piece to that brave group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Swan Oat posted:

i saw them live a few years ago it was good. truely rip in piece to that brave group.

yeah i saw them on the relax tour (supported by danny brown and despot, what a fuckin lineup) back when i lived in seattle. i remember pitching it to my english-lit nerd (and therefore kind of inadvertently racist) friends as "postmodernist postcolonial rap" and while that was a pretentious fuckin label invented purely for the purposes of getting white "hip-hop not rap" fans to give them a shot i kind of still stand by it and sit down man was one of my top five records of 2010.

• Locked thread