Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Basically.

Infinite ammo would be loving insane on anything that isn't a rifle.

It's pretty loving insane on the Phaseshift as is, not that most people believe me. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
I think we've long ago established that if you give the VS something weak on paper with charge mechanics, most of them will buy it, then complain that it's too weak, and then outfits like GOKU will quietly destroy worlds using it. Higby, make it happen, you owe us for generating Lancer sales!

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I don't know about "insane." Infinite ammo exists already in the form of "anything Engineers can use" and it's hardly that overpowering. The issue is more putting it on a class that is normally limited by unsustainable resources, like Infiltrator and Light Assault. An infinite ammo LMG would be fairly meh, and an infinite ammo AR would probably not be worth using over things like the Terminus or TORQ unless it was as good as those (and it wouldn't be). And the Phaseshift, while an Infiltrator weapon, is somewhat balanced out by the fact that it's a sniper rifle, which aren't exactly the most ammo-inefficient weapons to begin with.

Basically an infinite ammo SMG would be Very Bad as you would get gank infiltrators that never stop ganking and LAs limited only by the few seconds it takes their jumpjets to recharge and heat to dissipate. Also an infinite ammo shotgun I guess, but since infinite ammo is a VS trait and shotguns are an NC trait we don't have to worry about that ever happening.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
I would do terrible, terrible things to get my hands on a Vandal with unlimited ammo.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
VS- Inf ammo/charge/no reloading
TR- No COF
NC- All bullets now explode

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

vigorous sodomy posted:

What do I get for auraxing 5 TR LMGs? A black CARV with a telescoping stock, EOTech site, bi-pod, and tac lights?

If I remember correctly, the TR auraxium lmg is a carv with a 200 round mag, a special foregrip/compensator combo, and some other poo poo. Or somesuch.

All of the aurax weapons are like that. The GODSAW and Betelgeuse are pimped versions of the starter guns, both of which are already great. The only issue with this is that two VS starters (the Solstice VE3 and Pulsar VS1) are both really underwhelming and easily outclassed by even just your basic NS weapon. Thus, there's really no incentive to care about the special guns, because they're less flexible while still being horrifically boring to use.

The only way you could make me care about the aurax AR or carbine is to make them actually good guns. The Pulsar variant is still worse than the Terminus and, arguably, the NS-11A.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Guns that aren't even out yet are totally worse, right? Right guys? Its fair to say this? :allears:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

A Tartan Tory posted:

I would do terrible, terrible things to get my hands on a Vandal with unlimited ammo.

A slug shotgun with infinite ammo would be pretty much identical. Worse velocity but it's 1 less shot to kill at max/min, 2 HS to kill at all ranges, and has perfect first shot accuracy which the Vandal doesn't have. It would also be able to a fantastic CQC gun up close because you could switch to buckshot (if it's a standard gun and not an auraxium variant). Even has 0.75x, and if it were something like the Mattock/Baron the velocity wouldn't even be that bad at 400m/s compared to 520m/s

It's NC too so just give it something like an Experimental Nanite Deconstruction Extraction Regulator or whatever that just funnels nanites from blown up/deconstructed things into the gun instead of into the massive nanite pool or wherever it goes.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Killed B00tyWarrior and VonicX twice.

I practically invented MLG. :smaug:

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

So I redeployed to Wildstar and managed to hit 50 before remembering I loving hate MMORPGs. What the gently caress did I miss? I see lib nerfs in the patch notes, some lovely swamp or something, and I'm on loving Emerald now? :wtc:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hossin owns, but basically you are right otherwise.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

alarumklok posted:

So I redeployed to Wildstar and managed to hit 50 before remembering I loving hate MMORPGs. What the gently caress did I miss? I see lib nerfs in the patch notes, some lovely swamp or something, and I'm on loving Emerald now? :wtc:

Lib weapons are now more specialized like tank weapons (dalton = AP, zephyr = HEAT)
Lib ammo nerfed heavily they now have to resupply after 20ish reloads
Hossin a new continent is out and it owns
Mattherson and Watterson were merged and had a server brawl on the PTR to determine who would keep the server name, the winning conditions were a huge shitfest so nobody could tell who actually won so they just named it Emerald

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Manslaughter posted:

Lib weapons are now more specialized like tank weapons (dalton = AP, zephyr = HEAT)
Lib ammo nerfed heavily they now have to resupply after 20ish reloads
Mattherson and Watterson were merged and had a server brawl on the PTR to determine who would keep the server name, the winning conditions were a huge shitfest so nobody could tell who actually won so they just named it Emerald

Awesome, awesome, awesome, and classic, respectively. I also have way more certs than I remember, was there a refund for something? Holy poo poo I can't aim anymore.

Edit: VV good to know, thanks for the answers. I'm going to drive a flash around Hossin for hours tonight and pretend I'm high on space-swamp-weed to nobody in particular, it's going to be great.

alarumklok fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jul 21, 2014

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

They re-did a lot of weapon attachments, combining the various 'levels' of grip/laser sight/whatever into single attachments, so they refunded everyone the certs. Your weapons might look like they still have them attached, but they don't. It will fix itself once you fiddle with the attachments but you'll need to re-buy them.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Horizontal Tree posted:

Guns that aren't even out yet are totally worse, right? Right guys? Its fair to say this? :allears:

Higby just said the solstice A is going to just be a solstice with laser/SPA/UBS which everyone can agree is poo poo because you can already get the solstice SF with any scope/comp/UBGL/SPA and same with the equinox.

We should let the devs know ahead of time that we deffo don't like the idea such underwhelming guns becoming the onion on a stick. The Betelgeuse/GODSAW/CARVA all look awesome and are better then the originals due to them having access to exmags. They are excellent carrots and everyone would be motivated to stay with that one weapon until they aurax it to get them.

Give the solstice A exmags/SPA/compgrip like the LMG's and holy poo poo i can guarantee you every VS will want that loving carbine merely because of exmags which should be a clear loving sign that VS has a DPM problem. Why does every aurax gun need to be the same across factions? the guns are deffo not the same throw some different options on there to make them more attractive.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Manslaughter posted:

Whats great about this one is when people exploit the biolab shields to fire lib weapons inside of them they actually have to stop at some point and resupply and can't just sit there firing 400 shells per trip.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Oh my god, the Anchor. Oh my god. Holy poo poo.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Horizontal Tree posted:

It ain't bad. Did you hold off on buying it until a sale?

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
It was on sale yesterday. Its one of the best guns in the game, no question. I have 126.4 kills per hour with it so far :psypop:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Its accuracy is deceptive, once you master the vertical recoil. It has better tolerance than most assault rifles, better horizontal recoil than most other LMGs, and no DPS compromise to get there. Not that the GD-22S is bad either (I do still love its short reload), but being at 167/600 really does make a difference.

I don't think it's a huge surprise that the Anchor and SVA-88 still perform best in most metrics compared to all other LMGs.

Anyway, sometimes Forumside just gives you the joke themselves:

Forumside posted:

Yeah... you have ridiculously rosy tinted glasses on don't you? TR is the NS empire at best right now. To describe our gear as underwhelming is a joke...
You know what? He's right. He's totally right. Describing TR gear as underwhelming is a joke. :laffo:

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

My eyes are buggy from trying to squint on Hossin. I rebought all of my attachments and still somehow have 1k certs, which is like ~500 more than I thought I should have. And libs make noises now! Now if only the tross still didn't garbage ammo reserves.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Horizontal Tree posted:

Yeesh, who'd have thought that a Gauss Rifle with SPA and bigger mags would be any good? :downs:

I kinda wanted to pick up the Anchor during the last general sale, but it's got the "what am I going to put away to make room for it?" disease. I've got the SAW for a traditional LMG (temporarily replaced by the EM6), the Jackhammer for ragetell farming, the Cyclone for mobility (temporarily replaced by the NS-15M. Very temporarily), and the Warden for open field battle. One can only use so many loadouts at a time, goddamnit!

Epic High Five posted:

Merc with a laser is a solid gun out to mid range, and with an UBSG it'll have instagib potential up close as the UBSG is equal to one shot from a first gen pump. Toss in SP to further shore up the already good mid-long performance of the Merc and you've got yourself a nice little gun. I'm looking forward to this!

You know how people say "I'm glad I got a gold version of this gun so I can aurax it again"? This is me and the Compact S, after reading about the UBSG on the carbines.

Or I would, if I had any chance of unlocking the pimp-Mercenary before 2016 :negative:

Epic High Five posted:

A slug shotgun with infinite ammo would be pretty much identical. Worse velocity but it's 1 less shot to kill at max/min, 2 HS to kill at all ranges, and has perfect first shot accuracy which the Vandal doesn't have. It would also be able to a fantastic CQC gun up close because you could switch to buckshot (if it's a standard gun and not an auraxium variant). Even has 0.75x, and if it were something like the Mattock/Baron the velocity wouldn't even be that bad at 400m/s compared to 520m/s

It's NC too so just give it something like an Experimental Nanite Deconstruction Extraction Regulator or whatever that just funnels nanites from blown up/deconstructed things into the gun instead of into the massive nanite pool or wherever it goes.

Wait, have you forgotten that shotguns are already equippable by the Magical Ammo-Pooper class? There's a reason I took forever to bother with the Warden.

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 21, 2014

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

NihilCredo posted:

Yeesh, who'd have thought that a Gauss Rifle with SPA and bigger mags would be any good? :downs:

I kinda wanted to pick up the Anchor during the last general sale, but it's got the "what am I going to put away to make room for it?" category.

Well you missed it on sale yesterday (2 days ago?)

I have S ratings for KPH on two chars with the Gauss Rifle, and DOUBLE THE KPH OF THE GAUSS on the Anchor. And M accuracy ratings on all three, with each around 20% HSR. Best loving guns.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

alarumklok posted:

My eyes are buggy from trying to squint on Hossin. I rebought all of my attachments and still somehow have 1k certs, which is like ~500 more than I thought I should have. And libs make noises now! Now if only the tross still didn't garbage ammo reserves.

The biggest change is "advanced" attachments don't exist, so if you had 5 of those suddenly you're 500 certs richer because you got refunded 1k but only had to spend 500.

edit nevermind you have ghost certs :iiam:

mbt fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 21, 2014

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Mortimer posted:

The biggest change is "advanced" attachments don't exist, so if you had 5 of those suddenly you're 500 certs richer because you got refunded 1k but only had to spend 500.

Uhh, what? You got refunded 200certs each, and they cost 200certs to rebuy. You just don't have to buy it in two tiers anymore, its one attachment that costs 200 instead of two that cost 100 each.
I would up making certs from that on all my characters anyway cause there were some guns that I just put grips on instead of Adv Lasers, or I just didn't bother buying anything for them again.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So is there a Directive for SMGs?

Want that super Cyclone.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Horizontal Tree posted:

Well you missed it on sale yesterday (2 days ago?)

Nah, that was a premium deal, and I've never bought a membership. I do have a few SC left but they're booked for whichever 200-damage medic gun goes on sale first.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fuzz posted:

So is there a Directive for SMGs?

Want that super Cyclone.

There is, gun is called The Tempest. Looks like it uses the model of the Blitz. Let's hope that's just a placeholder :ohdear:

Can't wait to aurax the Cyclone 3 different times

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Epic High Five posted:

There is, gun is called The Tempest. Looks like it uses the model of the Blitz. Let's hope that's just a placeholder :ohdear:

Can't wait to aurax the Cyclone 3 different times

Dick officially HARD.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Nakar posted:

Basically an infinite ammo SMG would be Very Bad as you would get gank infiltrators that never stop ganking and LAs limited only by the few seconds it takes their jumpjets to recharge and heat to dissipate. Also an infinite ammo shotgun I guess, but since infinite ammo is a VS trait and shotguns are an NC trait we don't have to worry about that ever happening.

Infinite ammo slug shotgun with a charge mechanic.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

NovemberMike posted:

Infinite ammo slug shotgun with a charge mechanic.

And it makes a PPA sound on impact.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

So TOTALI-TERRAN TUESDAY!!!!!11!1!1 is still on tomorrow but I got an unexpected concert invite that I can't pass up. Is there anybody who could run K0TH ops in my absence? It's suuuuuper easy

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
My Anchor stats finally updated on DA Stats. This is why I love it. Everyone needs to try this gun with a 2x, SPA, and a grip.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I'd probably love the Anchor but I'll also probably never buy it because it just seems like "the GD-22S, except 900 certs more expensive and slightly less cool looking".

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Horizontal Tree posted:

My Anchor stats finally updated on DA Stats. This is why I love it. Everyone needs to try this gun with a 2x, SPA, and a grip.

:stare:

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

This is what I was doing when you squad invited me earlier... Its why I was praying Naum became an actual fight.
Am I MLGfarm enough for Recursion yet? :confuoot:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Horizontal Tree posted:

Yeah I started trying it with a 2x tonight since it occurred to me that it can get one now. It actually seems to be a big help, although it's not as smooth as the GD-22S. Once you get over the FSRM though you can really dump ammo into heads with it and the higher RPM is very noticeable. Stomped around Amerish tonight with it against AOD and did okay, only death was to another NC shooting a rocket into my back because NC. :downs:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Thread needs less people spergin over numbers and more people postin gifs of sweet pr0 shots

http://www.gfycat.com/ShortTerrificLaughingthrush

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Fart Car '97 posted:

Thread needs less people spergin over numbers and more people postin gifs of sweet pr0 shots

http://www.gfycat.com/ShortTerrificLaughingthrush

I got a sweet Liberator kill today I wish I had recorded, same thing, saw him flying away smoking went behind a hill and I lobbed a shell after it because why not. Had reloaded and fired a shot at something else on the ground before the previous shell hit and killed the Liberator. Wouldn't even had known it was from that except my guy gave the "Scratch one Liberator" call out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I've been gone for a while, what's all this talk about new weapons?

• Locked thread