Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Hey, the iGear IDW seekers look a bit better with these heads. I think it's a cast of the MP11 mold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Veg posted:

Wait for the BW Rampage remold. Looks incredible.
Speaking of this guy, if anyone wants mine I'll sell it. I care not for your fleshy meat robots.

http://transformersclub.com/rampage14.cfm

I also am still looking to get rid of my subscription service Circuit, Jackpot, and Ultra Mammoth, Mammoth aside they're so ugly they're not selling for enough on eBay to go through the trouble of listing them.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Blackheart posted:

Try the shoulder fix I suggested a bit back, I don't know if I explained it well but it really helps the figure.

I know how to get them to function as they are, it's just looking at the internals of the shoulder joint, it's way to thin of plastic on way too heavy of arms, with weird joint set ups. I mean, someone tried, but way too hard, and without actually messing with the joint off of a computer.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

ForeverSmug posted:

I hate that he's a cameraman in IDW. Although his spark was in that same jail as Arcee so maybe hes just reformed right now.

He's pretty cool as a cameraman though.

Even if he says things that even Waspinator not dumb enough to say sometimes.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Still don't care about him, but it does come with a little core robot! That's sort of cool.

I dunno if you guys have seen the list of "botcon exclusives that didn't make it" but there were a couple of cool ones, including FoC Kickback as Ransack. They didn't do it because Hasbro told them they might go for it themselves.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Blackheart posted:

I dunno if you guys have seen the list of "botcon exclusives that didn't make it" but there were a couple of cool ones, including FoC Kickback as Ransack. They didn't do it because Hasbro told them they might go for it themselves.

Where did you see this?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

If they make a Ransack that would mean all we would need is a Barrage(probably redecoed from Bombshell) and we would have both entire teams of insecticons.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Where did you see this?

Here let me just quote it:

Superquad7 on TFW2005 posted:

Hey guys, I know we're very much post-Botcon 2014 here, but following convention chatter and such, my eyes got a little bit wider following Benson Yee's Twitter feed. I tend to really enjoy the "behind the scenes" types of things, and I had a lot of fun keeping up with Ben Yee while he was tweeting these. I figured that some of you may have missed out on these, and I thought I'd go through and organize everything just a little bit for easier reading. By all means, if I've missed something or am in error, please kindly let me know.

That said, off we go!

[INDENT]From Benson Yee’s Twitter feed (https://twitter.com/BWTF_Ben, 06/22/2014):

“At [the] TCC panel, [we’re] revealing unused concepts!”:
  • Movie Mindwipe as Overlord;
  • Lockdown as Marlboro Wheeljack;
  • Female Cykill?!;
  • Tigerhawk as Predaking;
  • Shattered Glass Stranglehold from movie Lockdown;
  • Animated Soundwave as Hubcap;
  • Skyquake from Classics Silverbolt [Universe 2.0, presumably? ~Superquad7];
  • Thunderclash with Turbomasters, made from several Prime molds;
  • Battle Unicorn as Twilight Sparkle Prime.

Next: What we almost got (2011 had more concepts than any other):
  • Kickback as Ransack (not done because Hasbro might do it);
  • Cannonball from Prime Wheeljack;
  • Bumper from Prime Rumble;
  • Crosshairs from Generations Kup;
  • Strika from Animated Bulkhead;
  • Bruton from Grimlock;
  • Bruton from Bulkhead;
  • Machine Wars Prowl from Mirage;
  • Hubcap from Hoist;
  • Showing Animated proposal;
  • There was a Classics Stunticon proposal at one time;
  • A Beast Wars Shattered Glass set was also considered.

Now showing PDF of how proposals look:
  • "Toxic Mayhem" was the original Animated theme;
  • [We] almost used the Web diver Bumblebee, but the sculpt was not available;
  • Tigatron from Animated Rodimus;
  • Shokaract from Animated Blackout;
  • Bugly was also on the table;
  • Some ideas take[n] out of sets will show up as club exclusives, like Jackpot, Flamewar and Nightracer from Animated Arcee;
  • In 2007 we proposed an Alternators set. Galvatron from Wheeljack, Cyclonus from Mirage, Magnus as the Ford pickup;
  • Never to be: Rodimus Primal from Rattrap;
  • Animated Optimus as Kup.
[/INDENT]

What are some of your thoughts on these? Which ones would you have liked to seen, and which ones are you glad really didn't get to see the light of day? I tend to have very strong feelings with the Alternators/Binaltech line, and that's no secret, so I really didn't want to see those. However, some of these like Bugly and Animated Nightracer are really cool to me. The Crosshairs is very intriguing as well!

Also remember this?:

The poll results are:

quote:

1. GoShooter 29.3%
2. Alpha Trion 28.9%
3. Metals Silverbolt 14.8%
4. Autobot Drift Black Ver. 12.7%
5. The Fallen 5%
6. Sunstreaker Police Type 3.8%
7. Smokescreen, Overdrive 2.9%
8. Downshift 1.6%
9. Camshaft 1%

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jul 22, 2014

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Who is GoShooter and why is Silverbolt only third? :mad:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I guess it's one of those characters who gets popular because of how obscure they are or something. I don't really know who the hell goshooter is.

e: also GUYS THERE'S A NEW ASTROTRAIN TOY COMING!

:v:

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 22, 2014

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Now where is Boat/Plane guy and Tanker/plane guy...

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

He's a Headmaster Jr. from Masterforce.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Anora posted:

Now where is... Tanker/plane guy

There's been a Tall Tankor and a Fat Tankor already, how many more Tankors do you need?

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

For reals, Silverbolt is the only worthwhile thing on that list.

Phy posted:

There's been a Tall Tankor and a Fat Tankor already, how many more Tankors do you need?

We're still waiting for Good Tankor

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

I-I still think you're cool,
Onii-chan...

Phy posted:

Nemesis Tankor

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Decepticon Tankblast.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

I guess it's one of those characters who gets popular because of how obscure they are or something. I don't really know who the hell goshooter is.

e: also GUYS THERE'S A NEW ASTROTRAIN TOY COMING!

:v:
That's a real pathetic astrotrain. He can't even become a train. It's like having someone being named Blitzwing but he can only be a tank.

If the altmode is in the name it just never works.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can we call him Spacebus instead?

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Hey look, it's Angry Bird Transformers.

I wonder just how popular these things will be??

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I would be down for Angry Bird Transformers if they were the angry birds as outer shells and transformed into super elaborate mechanical man-creatures. Like Rock Lords but weirder.

Those look like crap.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Well, I'll play the app for a day or so, at least.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

is that loving Sky Lynx on the far left

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rei_ posted:

is that loving Sky Lynx on the far left

I think that one is Grimlock

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

It looks like I might get to interview RiD writer John Barber and Windblade writer Marghiread Scott at Comic-Con. Is there anything you guys would like me to ask them if I do?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

So there's a Wingblade video review out. :siren:Trigger Warning: optibotimus:siren:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

So there's a Wingblade video review out. :siren:Trigger Warning: optibotimus:siren:
I was gonna post that but I wasn't sure how to express "mute your speakers, avert your eyes, maybe timidly glance over at the screen when it isn't full of ham" properly.

She doesn't look very good. Still buying it, oh well. The sword is awesome at least.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Steve Vader posted:

It looks like I might get to interview RiD writer John Barber and Windblade writer Marghiread Scott at Comic-Con. Is there anything you guys would like me to ask them if I do?

Yeah, are there any transformers they won't let them use?

I dislike her head, and those feet just hanging out on the jet back.

Anora fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jul 23, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Gappyness and all, I still like her. Plus it's Optibotimus so I wouldn't rule out some mistransformation going on. Really like the sword+sheath, and bot mode is cool enough to justify getting this wave. Plus, it comes with Crosscut too!

Roadbuster and Skybyte got delayed to august too so maybe I can order both them and this wave, though I'm not too sure about how you save money on combined shipping on BBTS.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

Can we call him Spacebus instead?

Maybe Hasbro should make the name official. Except it's pronounced "Spa-si-bus". He should probably get an updated space mode though.

Too bad about the Sky-Byte delay. I've been waiting for him a while. No wonder not many of the more prominent video reviewers have him yet.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

If any of you guys ever considered ordering from Uncle Billy and Aliexpress, don't.

I got my Fans Toys Scoria in and it's been a disaster. The box arrived crushed with the figure and parts scattered around the plastic tray.

The figure itself had serious blemishes and scratches all over it's die cast feet, and the gold chrome on the tail was flaking. Even Grimlock's elevator boots were loose. The QC was horrible, I can't believe this is the same company that made Quakewave.

I've mailed it back, and since I'm such a Slag whore (he was my first dinobot) im asking for a replacement, but goddamn my hopes aren't high.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The Goon posted:

Slag whore

A bit redundant, eh?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

Gappyness and all, I still like her.
I like her but she's really mediocre and not well done. Stll buying it. Still enjoying it.

Also what are you basing the 'delay' on? BBTS notes? (those are lies)

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

A bit redundant, eh?

I was waiting for someone to pick up on that.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Goddamnit Hot Toys

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Joe Fisto posted:

Goddamnit Hot Toys

It's puffy and weirdly proportioned and clearly doesn't transform so who the heck cares?

Also what makes it a [STARSCREAM VERSION] anyway?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

DoctorWhat posted:

It's puffy and weirdly proportioned and clearly doesn't transform so who the heck cares?

Also what makes it a [STARSCREAM VERSION] anyway?

It comes with a wing backpack

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
It seems like G1 Prime took a page from Movie Prime and is now dismembering Decepticons and wearing their body parts as clothes.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
No starscream head for him to ponder? Though it's legs are weird, I dig everything waist up about that prime.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
That is one of the weirdest transformers related products I've seen and that includes kiss players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The chest opening to show the Spark/Matrix of Leadership is pretty cool. Have any other Primes done that?