Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

CommissarMega posted:

Or Magical Diary :allears:

That's Georgina Bensley/Hanako Games. Christine Love is Analogue and Hate Plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

ManOfTheYear posted:

I was checking out the top selling indie games and I found a game called Sakura Spirit. It looks like the worst creepy poo poo Japan has to offer. Is it really as bad as it looks like?

It's a good game, unironically.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah, I should've mentioned that they're made by different people, sorry. But still, both Hanako and Christine are your go-to people if you want non-skeevy western VNs.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

kirbysuperstar posted:

To be fair Hanako puts out good stuff too.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mokinokaro posted:

To be fair Hanako puts out good stuff too.

drat right. Magical Diary 2 is pretty hype, even if you do play as a dude this time.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Does anyone have experience buying from Gamefly UK? Trying to buy Endless Legend and according to Enhanced Steam, I should be able to use a 20% off coupon UKJUL20OFF, but their checkout page tells me the order doesn't meet the minimum value to use the coupon. Googling the coupon, it seems like the minimum amount to use it is 6.99£, the game is 26.99£ so I don't understand what is going on.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Lethemonster posted:

Bit confused about the Dark Souls 2 DLC: steam says I can buy a bundle of the season pass AND the Crown of the Sunken King DLC.

Season Pass = A bundle of DLC #1, DLC #2 and DLC #3. Unless they announce more in the future that’s going to be it for DLC.
Crown of the Sunken King = DLC #1

So don’t double up by accident. :v:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Is DLC automatically downloaded as an update whenever it comes out and just unlocked upon purchase, or do I have to download extra? It's been a while since I bought DLC on it's own, and my internet's kind of dodgy right now.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
For most games it's extra downloading.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Mokinokaro posted:

For most games it's extra downloading.

Unless i'm misunderstanding something, DLC always downloads automatically. You can however disable DLC in some (maybe all?) games - useful if a game has "cheat"-dlc like extra XP etc.

edit: reread the question, whether or not DLC is an extra download depends on the game. I think DS2 DLC downloaded for everyone, buying it just unlocks the extra area.

Dr Sun Try fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 23, 2014

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:
Mini Ninjas
John Romero's Legacy

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

revdrkevind posted:

John Romero's Legacy

Snagged this, thanks! I've always wanted to play this game to personally experience what everybody complains about.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
Thank you for the suggestions guys, gonna check out what I can.

But vwhat's this Hero Rise thingy? It seems like an digital version of those old choose-your-own-adventure-books. It could be fun. Is it well written? Is it fun?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
It is exactly that but horribly written with most of your decisions having no real impact.

Avoid it and anything from the company.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

It is exactly that but horribly written with most of your decisions having no real impact.

Avoid it and anything from the company.

This, except the opposite.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The Machinima Man posted:

Snagged this, thanks! I've always wanted to play this game to personally experience what everybody complains about.

On that note, is there like a mod or player-made-patch or something to improve/fix Daikatana? Master of Orion 3 had something like that, so I think the internet will come through for this game too

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

ManOfTheYear posted:

But vwhat's this Hero Rise thingy? It seems like an digital version of those old choose-your-own-adventure-books. It could be fun. Is it well written? Is it fun?

Here's RPS talking about it and there's a demo of it (and their other games) on the dev's website, so you can form your own opinion. I like them, personally.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

What are some other games like Long Live the Queen that are more resource management/strategy that have more reading and less gameplay. I'm not actually any good at video games unless they're platformers like Mega Man/AVGNA but I like to sit in front of my computer for long stretches.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Everblight posted:

What are some other games like Long Live the Queen that are more resource management/strategy that have more reading and less gameplay. I'm not actually any good at video games unless they're platformers like Mega Man/AVGNA but I like to sit in front of my computer for long stretches.

King of Dragon Pass. It's mostly about making decisions with some light resource management and combat.

And Heroes Rise is basically fanfic level writing. I forgot there was a demo though. If the demo writing doesn't bother you the full game isn't any worse.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 23, 2014

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Should I play Metro: Last Light with ranger mode on or not?

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
Okay, thank you. My last question is what are the best adventure games on steam? I found a game called Gods Will Be Watching and it looks very interesting, but it's not open yet. The Blackwell series was mentioned, but the concept isn't too interesting for me. I've been playing The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead with my friend, but those games are nearly complete, so what can I get to replace them?

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

New beta update...

:siren:
Library
Games can now be assigned to more than one category at a time

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Vodos posted:

Does anyone have experience buying from Gamefly UK? Trying to buy Endless Legend and according to Enhanced Steam, I should be able to use a 20% off coupon UKJUL20OFF, but their checkout page tells me the order doesn't meet the minimum value to use the coupon. Googling the coupon, it seems like the minimum amount to use it is 6.99£, the game is 26.99£ so I don't understand what is going on.

They email those coupons out to people and the fine print on mine says 'Some exclusions may apply, minimum order £10', so I guess it's excluded. Enhanced Steam falls down when it comes to coupons, don't rely on what it says.

Crashbee fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 23, 2014

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Hogo Fogo posted:

New beta update...

Library

Also:

"In desktop library details, list, and small views, games can be multiply selected using shift-click and control-click and certain operations can be performed on the group"

Best update ever.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Hogo Fogo posted:

New beta update...

Library

loving finally.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Hogo Fogo posted:

Library
:slick:

This is the best news ever

John Capslocke
Jun 5, 2007

Everblight posted:

:slick:

This is the best news ever

quote:

Major update of embedded web browser to increase performance, reliability, and to bring in various security fixes and functionality updates

biggest lie ever, now web stuff doesn't load at all for me

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

37th Chamber posted:

biggest lie ever, now web stuff doesn't load at all for me

That would massively increase security.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/23/free-steam-key/

Free Steam keys for RACE 07 & GTR Evolution this week.

John Capslocke
Jun 5, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/23/free-steam-key/

Free Steam keys for RACE 07 & GTR Evolution this week.

Seems to come with Bang Bang Racing too.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Anyone in the Steam beta can use Steam Music as well.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Also in the beta files: An updated design for the Steam Controller:

Looks like they replaced the left "d-pad" with a traditional analog stick.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
A friend let me play a little bit of Halfway, and I only played about an hour and a half of it, but here's what I think anyway.

I thought the aesthetic looks pretty nice. Controls handle fine. There's a little narrative and story, and it's nicely interspersed between shooting things. It's nothing special, but it's decently basic.

Combat is 2-turn move/attack, attack/attack, character special move, move/move et cetera. However, the environments are kinda cramped, so combat tends to feel like you're playing an arena lane type of thing. It feels to me a bit like an even more simple Shadowrun: Returns - which I didn't much enjoy, combat-wise.

You get to choose from multiple missions occasionally - for instance you can either go collect your third trooper or go fight some baddies for supplies first. Either or, so it can alter your 'strategy' a bit, I suppose.

You have standard armor upgrades and weapons and stuff, but meh. I'm done with it. It's not a good enough strategy game to make me want to play more of it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Sounds like a game that I'll be happy to spend $6 on.

Tweek-
Jul 13, 2014
Somebody here has an opinion about Legends of Eisenwald? Or played the game?
I am interested but first want to here what fellow goons think about it.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

The Kins posted:

Also in the beta files: An updated design for the Steam Controller:

Looks like they replaced the left "d-pad" with a traditional analog stick.

Not a huge fan of that, gotta be honest. The D-pad is essential to playing a lot of games (like platformers), and having an analog stick as a replacement is kinda counter-intuitive.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
When did they introduce the library categories? I'm pretty sure it took at least 5 years to add that multicategory option.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Every time I see the Steam controller I am less and less interested in using it. :smith:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Hey! Remember how EA gave the "Ultimate Edition" of The Sims 2 away to everyone who owned some other digital version of the game?

Well now they're giving it away to everyone for free until the end of the month, presumably to stop people from bugging Origin support to add their decade old retail keys to their account.

To get it, crack open Origin and redeem the CD-key I-LOVE-THE-SIMS before 10AM PDT on July 31st.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Lance Streetman posted:

Not a huge fan of that, gotta be honest. The D-pad is essential to playing a lot of games (like platformers), and having an analog stick as a replacement is kinda counter-intuitive.

With the touch pads they now basically have three sticks. I do not grasp this decision.

• Locked thread