Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Say Nothing posted:

Finally, ARRGGHH!

http://i.imgur.com/VPEYkFsl.jpg

Linked for body horror. This is apparently an allergic reaction to the ink.

Looks like another person letting their tattoo get infected, to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Cmdr Tomalak posted:

Also it's the old version of the Creed. That's either an old tattoo or dude hasn't been to Mass in the last 3 years. There's no real way to add the extra words on there either...

It's more or less the English Language Liturgical Consultation version that's used by Protestant denominations. I was going to guess Methodist, but they say "catholic church" rather than "Christian church" so I am guessing it's an Evangelical denomination's adaptation.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

AlbieQuirky posted:

It's more or less the English Language Liturgical Consultation version that's used by Protestant denominations. I was going to guess Methodist, but they say "catholic church" rather than "Christian church" so I am guessing it's an Evangelical denomination's adaptation.

It's the older version of the Catholic Apostle's Creed word for word except reading "Christian" instead of Catholic."

It would have been hardcore if he tried to fit the Nicene Creed.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Count Freebasie posted:

It's the older version of the Catholic Apostle's Creed word for word except reading "Christian" instead of Catholic."

It would have been hardcore if he tried to fit the Nicene Creed.

It has "descended to the dead" rather than "descended into Hell" also. Obviously the different translations are going to be similar; it's a short text in a well-understood language.

I would pay money to see someone with the Nicene Creed on their back. They'd have to be really fat or tall, or it would have to be tiny!

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

AlbieQuirky posted:

It has "descended to the dead" rather than "descended into Hell" also.

Good catch; missed that.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?
All this Creed chat has seriously made me think that my future tattoo of the Gayatri is at least a relatively less-bad idea.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

All this Creed chat has seriously made me think that my future tattoo of the Gayatri is at least a relatively less-bad idea.

gently caress that. The 100 syllable Vajrasattva mantra or go home.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Is there any way to get a quote on you that isn't terrible? I always really loved JR Oppenheimer's interview answer about testing the atomic bomb and how it reflects on the majesty and horror of human innovation but I feel like it's too long (and possibly pretentious) to get put on my body permanently.

I don't want to be in this thread. :ohdear:

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Seven words or less combined with a symbolic image is a nice rule of thumb.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

13Pandora13 posted:

Is there any way to get a quote on you that isn't terrible? I always really loved JR Oppenheimer's interview answer about testing the atomic bomb and how it reflects on the majesty and horror of human innovation but I feel like it's too long (and possibly pretentious) to get put on my body permanently.

Was he being interviewed by Trent Reznor?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

13Pandora13 posted:

I have a tattoo that's "kind of" a quote except it's not. I took the quote and translated (transcribed? drew?) it into a simple regular tattoo. To most people it's just a bunch of feathers turning into birds but to me it says "this poo poo is bananas -GWEN STEFANI".

No I don't actually have that tattoo but the idea is the same.

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious

13Pandora13 posted:

I have a friend who has "always eat your brussel sprouts" in script (perfectly legible) on her ribs. Her grandfather died when she was young and it was the last thing he said to her. Terrible is probably the last word I would use to describe it. But it is a different situation than a literary, movie, or history quote that you happen to like.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

May Contain Nuts posted:

I have a friend who has "always eat your brussel sprouts" in script (perfectly legible) on her ribs. Her grandfather died when she was young and it was the last thing he said to her. Terrible is probably the last word I would use to describe it. But it is a different situation than a literary, movie, or history quote that you happen to like.

I think this is awesome.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

13Pandora13 posted:

Better to have a mushroom cloud and Kenneth Bainbridge's reply to Oppenheimer. "Now we are all sons of bitches."

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Shampoo posted:

Better to have a mushroom cloud and Kenneth Bainbridge's reply to Oppenheimer. "Now we are all sons of bitches."

I like this version! Bainbridge got it a little better than Oppenheimer, whose quote is catchy but a little :jerkbag:

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Look at this truck

Look at it

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Shampoo posted:

This is pretty great too.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Haruharuharuko posted:

Look at this truck

Look at it

Stormy. Stormy the truck.

hac
Oct 21, 2005

Shampoo posted:

Really tempted to get this tattoo.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus Christ!

I was going to post Fresco Jesus as a joke, but of course, SOMEONE HAS A TATTOO OF IT!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Jesus Christ!

Rik Mayall Jesus best Jesus.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Say Nothing posted:

Jesus Christ!

He's all, "This board. I love it so." Or,"Tell me your secrets, wise board." Kinda like this macro.

quote:

I was going to post Fresco Jesus as a joke, but of course, SOMEONE HAS A TATTOO OF IT!

I'll give this one a pass, just because it still makes me laugh.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Say Nothing posted:

Jesus Christ!

I dunno, this one is tacky as poo poo but it's kinda ballin in a Goku sort of way.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Boris Galerkin posted:

Fingers don't bend that way and why would anyone hold a knife like this.

Looks like someone making a variation of the sign of the cross.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
How many joints do those fingers have?

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

hac posted:

Really tempted to get this tattoo.

Me too actually. Would look really cool in a traditional or new school(my pref) style with a scroll around it.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

ITT we all get tattoos lamenting the nuclear age

Patchouli Patrol
Nov 11, 2007

It came from Tumblr. Can you figure out what the gently caress animal this is supposed to be?

Apparently it is a cat?

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
no doubt it's bad, but it's definitely a kitty.

Patchouli Patrol
Nov 11, 2007

At first, I thought it was a Boston Terrier or a deformed rabbit.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

That is very obviously a cat you dumbass

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Patchouli Patrol posted:

It came from a girl I know that wont let me touch her.

Fixed that for you.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Patchouli Patrol posted:

It came from Tumblr. Can you figure out what the gently caress animal this is supposed to be?

It's kind of weird looking, but it's clearly a cat.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Patchouli Patrol posted:

Apparently it is a cat?

Whoa, is that a camel? A jellyfish? Maybe a buggalo? That strange beast could be anything.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Tasteless Tattoos: We won't tell you that your ex's tattoos suck, sorry.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Haruharuharuko posted:

Look at this truck

Look at it

The way the back wheels are angling down, I remember that as being the very first part of Optimus Prime's transformation.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Honestly, I think the rose looks worse than the cat.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

AlbieQuirky posted:

Rik Mayall Jesus best Jesus.

You don't know how right you are. This is his "autobiography":

an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

Patchouli Patrol posted:

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Haruharuharuko posted:

Look at this truck

Look at it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Rigs:_Over_the_Road_Racing

• Locked thread