Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

mind the walrus posted:

I giggled like a little girl when I saw Harrison Ford in his dumpy Iron Man colors. Lordy those look bad.

Shame his character's name isn't Maj. Grumpier, because that's what I first thought it said on his name tag.

(Also, is he trying to channel Tom Clancy?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

King Vidiot posted:

What in the hell is wrong with John Cusack's jaw?:

Appears to be Undercover Ben Stiller.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 6, 2014

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

boom boom boom posted:

From the thumbnail I thought that was a poster for a new Kamen Rider.

Full size it still looks like a poster for a new Kamen Rider

ANT KICK!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Glen Powell is my favorite:

"Another member of the team!"

With such illustrious roles as "Trader #1" in The Dark Knight Rises, he definitely deserves to be up on-screen with the likes of Stallone and Schwarzenegger. His name with be Thorn / Wifi. I swear there's just something so magnetically bad about these movies, but I'm repelled instead of intrigued.

So many of these posters feature "badly photoshopped floating head" too:

And of course:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Harrison Ford as Maj. R. McDonald.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Why is his zipper at his crotch but his jumpsuit zipped up halfway?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Why is his zipper at his crotch but his jumpsuit zipped up halfway?

double zipper

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Gonz posted:

Harrison Ford as Maj. R. McDonald.

I was thinking low-budget Iron Man, but this is much better.

This is some of the worst cleavage 'shopping I've seen in a while.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I'm going cleavage shopping later anyone wanna come.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Honey I Shrunk Myself !!!

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Are those knitting needles?

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Palmersaurus posted:

Are those knitting needles?

Probably Kiss if the Dragon style acupuncture needles.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

gently caress your Hobbit, this is my poo poo right here.

Is this back on? I thought it got cancelled.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Random Stranger posted:

I suspect that a lot of the things I dislike in The Hobbit movies are a result of studio interference. A demand to make one very short, episodic book into three films, for example. Some exec wants more ties to the original trilogy so buff up those parts. The whole thing feels far more "cash-in" than The Lord of the Rings did at its worst and that's not something that Jackson would be directly responsible for. At least the design of the film is just as strong as it was in the Lord of the Rings movies.

I'd kind of like for someone, maybe Peter Jackson himself :v:, to make a 2-3 hour cut of the whole thing once it's done. I bet it'll work a lot better when it's not bloated beyond all reason.

On the other hand, the blatant overuse of CG effects is basically all Jackson, unfortunately.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Allen Wren posted:

Is this back on? I thought it got cancelled.

Yep. Tom Hardy is playing Max Rockatansky now. George Miller is directing.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Marvel also released these two Avengers 2 posters that seems to be part of a larger banner.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

That sure looks like a scary situation. How the heck are the Avengers going to get out of that one?

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

hahahahhahahaa

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

That sure looks like a scary situation. How the heck are the Avengers going to get out of that one?

punching things

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Sheldrake posted:

hahahahhahahaa

Who the hell is that even supposed to be? The shield chick? Why is she on the poster and not... literally anyone loving else? Is she an Avenger now?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ruddiger posted:

Who the hell is that even supposed to be? The shield chick? Why is she on the poster and not... literally anyone loving else? Is she an Avenger now?

That's Scarlet Witch. You can tell from the red, and the magic.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

CaptainHollywood posted:

Well, with the colour scheme, it's appropriate someone's doing the Dreamworks Eyebrow.

In the spirit of AVENGERS 2: Not-So Super Supers.

SuperItalianMan and his amazing aerodynamic head!

Main superpower: Kickin' your honky rear end!

I have nothing to say that's funnier than Terrance Hills expression.

SuperNameCheckMan!

Nice suspenders, Super Ninja 1!

THRILL to eye-poking and head-boinking! Oops, wrong Stooge.

Estúpido que Supersonic Man!

If it wasn't for her Black Belt, this would be an NC-17 poster.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ruddiger posted:

It's supposed to be Elizabeth Olsen.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

I hope I'm not the only one who thought those were fingerprints all over her jump suit.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

net cafe scandal posted:

Wow, previously they battled an army of generic hive-minded aliens. But now they are battling an army of generic hive-minded robots! This is going to be intense!

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Oh no! Not a superhero movie!

Seriously guys the appeal of the last movie was seeing the various Avengers interact with each other. Even though it was weighed down by some bad action and irritating Whedon dialogue, it was still a lot of fun. I'm hopeful this one expands upon story more, sure, but what are you guys expecting? That they won't fight a bunch of bad guys and encounter action?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I still can't get over how bad Scarlet Witch looks. This must be how everyone else felt about Quicksilver in Days of Future Past.

Uatu The Lurker
Sep 14, 2003

I can say no more!
Already I have over stayed my time in this ephemeral sphere!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I still can't get over how bad Scarlet Witch looks. This must be how everyone else felt about Quicksilver in Days of Future Past.

It's like they couldn't decide on an approach to her traditional costume and just went "Eh, I dunno, I guess we'll just go with nothing."

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Except that ended up being the best bit of the film and the costume ended up making sense for the character, he's some goofy teenager.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

Except that ended up being the best bit of the film and the costume ended up making sense for the character, he's some goofy teenager.

Oh I absolutely agree, I loved that Quicksilver design from the start and everyone thought I was crazy.

Elizabeth Olsen is 25, but by dressing her up as a 17 year old circa 1996, they have made her look 45. It's pretty hilarious, I dunno, maybe they go with that. Also the eyes in that poster are amazing.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Elizabeth Olsen as The Teenager You See At The Mall Food Court Like Every Weekend I Think She Works At Spencer's.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

CaptainHollywood posted:

I am sad to say this chick has a major role in Entourage. Why are we letting this happen?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Requesting thread name change:

Movie Posters - The good, the bad & The Expendables

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

DarkSol posted:

Shame his character's name isn't Maj. Grumpier, because that's what I first thought it said on his name tag.

(Also, is he trying to channel Tom Clancy?)

It's so weird because you have so many people involved cast-wise who lived the dream (in Expendables 1/2 at least), but everything about the marketing for Expendables 3 is like they gave the job of "make it look 80s/90s action movie stuff" to someone who has no idea what that is or means. Like it's being managed by a twelve year old kid or like a twenty-two year old hipster* who has like a huge collection of VHS tapes but never actually watched any of them.

*I know I know the term means nothing now on the internet.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I am seriously wondering if the neon colours are in part an attempt to distract and disguise the terrible photoshop-pasted-heads and boobs of some of the minor cast.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

kiimo posted:

I am sad to say this chick has a major role in Entourage. Why are we letting this happen?

This is a neat comment because the idea of something being beneath either a mixed martial artist trying to break into acting or the loving Entourage movie is so weird I honestly can't tell which you're lamenting.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Calico Heart posted:

Requesting thread name change:

Movie Posters - The good, the bad & The Expendables

I second this!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sir Kodiak posted:

This is a neat comment because the idea of something being beneath either a mixed martial artist trying to break into acting or the loving Entourage movie is so weird I honestly can't tell which you're lamenting.

No man the Entourage movie is so great you should definitely buy a ticket and go see it because

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Ronda will be fine, being the only current legitimate star UFC has currently.