Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Sockser posted:

The chest opening to show the Spark/Matrix of Leadership is pretty cool. Have any other Primes done that?

MP-01 Prime, MP-10 Prime, Hybrid Convoy, Cybertron Prime, BWII Lio Convoy, BW Neo Big Convoy, MP Rodimus, MP-02 Ultra Magnus, the new MP Ultra Magnus, probably a million others...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Cassa posted:

No starscream head for him to ponder?

The picture shows a SS head as the preorder bonus.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

The Goon posted:

If any of you guys ever considered ordering from Uncle Billy and Aliexpress, don't.

I got my Fans Toys Scoria in and it's been a disaster. The box arrived crushed with the figure and parts scattered around the plastic tray.

The figure itself had serious blemishes and scratches all over it's die cast feet, and the gold chrome on the tail was flaking. Even Grimlock's elevator boots were loose. The QC was horrible, I can't believe this is the same company that made Quakewave.

I've mailed it back, and since I'm such a Slag whore (he was my first dinobot) im asking for a replacement, but goddamn my hopes aren't high.

There was a thing at Kapow too where a shipment got badly damaged in shipping, as in literally just dumped out of a truck on the ground in the rain and ended up in similar condition. I'd be very hesitant to pin this on Fanstoys.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

A month ago I wrote BBTS asking about replacement parts for Citizen Stack. They said to follow up in two weeks. I kept forgetting/procrastinating. Then yesterday I got an email saying "hey your stuff is shipping out". BBTS rules.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

So the final issue of Windblade came out. It appears that Knock Out has finally appeared in the IDW comics:

Unfortunately given how and why he appeared it is going to be a very long time until we see him again, if at all.

Windblade was a great mini-series and left a great foundation for Windblade Returns and any possible Starscream mini-series/spotlight.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

I like her but she's really mediocre and not well done. Stll buying it. Still enjoying it.

Also what are you basing the 'delay' on? BBTS notes? (those are lies)

I don't think she's mediocre, it looks like a pretty decent figure in fact, plane gap excluded (and the sword sheath covers it up a bit at least). I'm sure she can stand better than optibotimus made it look (promo pics have the heel area looking a bit different than how he transformed it, with the little wings hanging higher up), and also he forgot to mention that the VTOL thrusters can rotate independently from the wings. She looks super fun.

About the "delay" yeah it's just BBTS moving their date from July to August, I know they were mostly estimates in the first place.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

DoctorWhat posted:

A bit redundant, eh?

The Goon posted:

I was waiting for someone to pick up on that.

What are you silly Europeans talking about? Is this one of your crazy made-up slang words like "lorry," "football," or "digestive biscuit?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slag

:v:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

MP-10 is funny because remember how in the movie, Optimus opened his chest windows, then the little hatch inside, and there was the Matrix? MP10 opens the chest windows, opens the hatch, and then opens another hatch. He's got twice as much hatch. And then when he transforms both those hatches turn into part of the bumper and the Autobot Matrix of Leadership is just kinda dangling out the bottom, all getting road grime and mud and rock chips when he's driving. He parks overnight and a rat crawls up inside it to stay warm.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
If the matrix wanted to stay clean , it shouldn't have asked for so many transforming hatches.

radlum
May 13, 2013
The Humble Bundle is IDW Transformers themed. I'd like to get it just for the classics issues, would it be worth going past the average to get Autocracy, All Hail Megatron and MTMTE??

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If you haven't read MTMTE already, it's well worth $15 for the first two volumes.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Blackheart posted:

Gappyness and all, I still like her. Plus it's Optibotimus so I wouldn't rule out some mistransformation going on. Really like the sword+sheath, and bot mode is cool enough to justify getting this wave. Plus, it comes with Crosscut too!

Roadbuster and Skybyte got delayed to august too so maybe I can order both them and this wave, though I'm not too sure about how you save money on combined shipping on BBTS.

Where are you? I got Skybyte 2 weeks ago in the UK, and I should order Roadbuster when I get paid next week

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Why cookie Rocket posted:

The picture shows a SS head as the preorder bonus.

Oh, I thought that head was just an indication of how hosed up star scream was.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey I found Tankor! Awesome!

A poo poo, his left arm broke when I opened the package. Not Awesome.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
drat, I just picked up the first two volumes of MTMTE on Amazon for ~$20 the other night. Volume 2 looks garbage on the Kindle app, though. Is that true of the others? If so, what's a good Android alternative that'll work with these?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I enjoyed Windblade in the main but drat, the reveal of who was behind it all was kinda WTF??? and totally swept the "three people died" thing under the rug, considering.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

I enjoyed Windblade in the main but drat, the reveal of who was behind it all was kinda WTF??? and totally swept the "three people died" thing under the rug, considering.

I agree. I still enjoyed the miniseries overall, but that reveal was as interesting as a deflated balloon. Especially after how exciting issue 3 was revealling the obvious choice wasn't behind it after all.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Well Uncle Billy has said he'll reimburse my shipping fees and personally inspect the replacement Scoria, so I've gotta say I'm pretty happy with his customer service so far.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Secretly, he's spitting in your replacement.

Picked up Sharkticon Megatron, He's okay, that Jet butt is a mess though. Man, Hasbro, you have to at least make one side of the jet not look awful. He's definitely a Robot mode toy.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Joe Fisto posted:

Goddamnit Hot Toys

Finally, the Pat Lee Optimus we never wanted.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Silhouette posted:

Finally, the Pat Lee Optimus we never wanted.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It is amazing how utterly loving abysmal Revoltech Prime is compared to Revoltech Megatron which looks great in almost any post and has fantastic coloring, especially the metallic candy apple red on his legs.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I ordered Masterpiece G2 Sideswipe from an eBay store in a stock clearance sale, I got an exclusive MP-18S Masterpiece Silverstreak instead. Is that a good trade off? I was already thinking of getting the Nissan Fairlady mold anyway (something I like about Transformers with car bumper boob).

edit: I sent the seller an email and he called me saying it's an employee mistake. I'm getting that Sideswipe after all, I just to sent him the Streak back. Good thing I prefer the Prowl version of that mold.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jul 24, 2014

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Hasbro Superion and Menasor pics

Someone points out in the thread that the Viyager Prime we've seen IS Motormaster

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Eh, I'm not impressed.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh wow, they really have been taking notes from the third party stuff.

"Oh hey guys, you made a Superion? Nice. Fetch me my tools..."

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I need some kind of assurance these weren't designed by the team responsible for FOC Bruticus before I can even begin to give a poo poo.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I need some kind of assurance these weren't designed by the team responsible for FOC Bruticus before I can even begin to give a poo poo.

They've got dedicated hand parts and Voyager torsos, looks like, so barring some massive failure of engineering not determinable from these pictures (GORILLA AAAARRRRMMMMSSS!!!), they look pretty solid so far. Superion especially, apart from the broad-looking hips.

Menasor looks to be at least somewhat mistransformed, but he also looks like a retool of the IDW VOY Optimus figure, so that might explain more than a few things.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
The chestplates seem detachable too.

If it were just the feet and hands I'd think they'd just be set aside, but seems like they wouldn't need to make chestplate kibble if they didn't have some plan for the kibble outside combined mode.

Maybe it becomes a little base for the included legends figure.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Rita Repulsa posted:

The chestplates seem detachable too.

If it were just the feet and hands I'd think they'd just be set aside, but seems like they wouldn't need to make chestplate kibble if they didn't have some plan for the kibble outside combined mode.

Maybe it becomes a little base for the included legends figure.

Legends figure?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

DoctorWhat posted:

Legends figure?

in the link:

quote:

Each combiner comes with a Legends figure. Superion has Powerglide and Menasor Chest car is also an unnamed Legends figure.
cool, ANOTHER powerglide!!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Menasor looks like poo poo and Superion is only okay. I guess I ask for too much given the third party stuff. :(

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Both are voyagers for their leader bots and both are very bulky. Unlike FOC bruticus and Ruination where everything was a Delixe.

It's just they won't fire the guy who's entire job is to properly transform the transformers.

Also if Menasor is a Prime repaint than this means that we'll get an Optimus Prime combiner with 4 other autobots.

The Legends guys will act as carriers for all the combiner bits it seems. The Legends Powerglide we saw is the same powerglide for Superion it looks like. Making each team a 6 bot combiner.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jul 24, 2014

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Superion's right leg is a helicopter in those pics.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Superion's right leg is a helicopter in those pics.

Wonde rif this means we'll get defensor then?

I think people are right in thinking that the Autobot version Menasor will be Prime, Mirage, Sideswipe, Chromedome and Crosswise. One of the cars even has a similar hood to Chromedomes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If that Menasor doesn't look better in production it will be a lot easier to buy the 3P set.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.

The_Doctor posted:

Oh wow, they really have been taking notes from the third party stuff.

"Oh hey guys, you made a Superion? Nice. Fetch me my tools..."

3rd party guys are probably salivating over all the new upgrade kits they can make.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

New combiners are 100% Scramble City-capable according to SDCC panel, more info to follow. Also combiner stuff ties into IDW.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

G1 Slog is an Amazon exclusive.

I like these combiners! They seem to have good articulation and voyager-sized bodies which is more than I could ask for.

e: haha, Optimus Prime combiner.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Torsos confirmed as VOY, first wave is Silverbolt and Optimus (who is a Scramble City torso, as suspected). Motormaster is retool of OP for wave 2. All the DLX and VOY figures in 2015 are combiners!