Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

JR is the worst jfc this interview with AJ who had a great appearance on the Observer, he just uses everything AJ says to go off on some tangential anecdote to which AJ can only say "right" or "absolutely."

Also god I'm tired of him spending more time putting over the idea of advertising than there's actual commercial time on the show. wow yeah we get it you dont charge us for your rants because of these generous companies what a treat for us

edit: how is AJ supposed to answer for sinclair's production values

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jul 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Luigi Thirty posted:

and an exclusive master class where he teaches you all about writing professional wrestling! What a value!

*love not guaranteed

Hasn't Russo "taught" a "class" about how to write wrestling for the last ten years or so? I remember an advertisement with a bullet list of points he was going to cover during a seminar.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

It really was JR gives AJ Styles a bunch of advice hour. Ross doesn't sound at all sober doing these, its great.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

flashy_mcflash posted:

He shouldn't have done MLW a couple weeks ago because that exhausted my Russo quota for at least the year, if not a lifetime.

I can't say I've listened to it either. I was hoping to con someone else into doing that for me.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Steve Austin's interview with Ken Shamrock was insane. That guy may beat out Jake Roberts for the title of "Most hosed-up Childhood in Wrestling". He was about midway through his WWE run when I first started watching wrestling, so I'll always have a soft spot for the guy. It was good to hear that he is doing relatively well for himself these days.

Also, I'm glad I dropped in here before I wasted my time on the to AJ Styles interview. It is a shame that it ended up not being very interesting because I was somewhat looking forward to it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I think people go a bit over the top in their disdain for JR's podcast, but holy poo poo that was a bad interview with AJ and the blame lays squarely on JR's shoulders. He meandered through multiple different subjects AFTER asking a question before giving AJ a chance to answer, and his questions were of the type that left AJ unable to give much more than short answers before JR went off on another tangent.

I actually agree with a lot of the things that JR says (if not necessarily how he says them), but I wanted to hear AJ's thoughts and stories - the podcast he did with Jericho was far superior.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Episode 51 - [call dropped]

This show is both a chore to produce and probably to listen to as well. We run down every wrestling show from the last 4 days and eventually start sprinting through them because of connection problems

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g1wa2pkla82rl2k/051+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Actually I edited out most the dead air and mostly left in our lamentations over the drops. This was recorded in 11 takes. I think it's hilarious because of that, and it's mostly seamless and the audio levels are generally steady.

Reag, was on, and he's Scottish, so it follows he's to blame.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

flashy_mcflash posted:

He shouldn't have done MLW a couple weeks ago because that exhausted my Russo quota for at least the year, if not a lifetime.

Great White Hope posted:

Forget that, I watched a video with Bryan and Dave interviewing Russo shortly into his WCW days on youtube, and that burned me out on listening to Russo.

I just started listening. It's pretty funny. You guys should listen to it.

"I do not like long matches. I'm ADD, OCD, all those things. I like it short. Once a match starts, I want to know what the finish is." - at 14 minutes

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Super Ninja Fish posted:

I just started listening. It's pretty funny. You guys should listen to it.

"I do not like long matches. I'm ADD, OCD, all those things. I like it short. Once a match starts, I want to know what the finish is." - at 14 minutes

I can't imagine that he'll have an easy time getting guests.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ted Irvine: Enthusiastic Wrestling Fan on Jericho's podcast is really sweet :3:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Ted Irvine: Enthusiastic Wrestling Fan on Jericho's podcast is really sweet :3:

I hate him for cursing the Rangers.

Jazz Hoyt
Nov 25, 2007

Ha ha! "The Gaint."

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Jazz Hoyt posted:

Ha ha! "The Gaint."

I like how he's the shortest one of them all.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jazz Hoyt posted:

Ha ha! "The Gaint."

Just like his dad, Andor.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you are interested in lucha you need to read Dr. Lucha's article. In writing about Mil Mascaras he decided he needed to write a short history of early lucha as background.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Jerusalem posted:

I think people go a bit over the top in their disdain for JR's podcast, but holy poo poo that was a bad interview with AJ and the blame lays squarely on JR's shoulders. He meandered through multiple different subjects AFTER asking a question before giving AJ a chance to answer, and his questions were of the type that left AJ unable to give much more than short answers before JR went off on another tangent.

I actually agree with a lot of the things that JR says (if not necessarily how he says them), but I wanted to hear AJ's thoughts and stories - the podcast he did with Jericho was far superior.

One thing I noticed with Jericho is that when his guest wants to talk he'll just listen. The only time he really talked over Page/Jake was when they were running out of time and he clearly had some other questions to ask them. Ross is almost like he doesn't trust his guest to speak. I thought maybe it was early teething problems with his podcast, but he's not got the hang of what makes a good interview (Which is odd, because he moderated plenty of them for WWE).

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I propose that Scottish people be granted independence from the Pisscast for the forseeable future

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

dsriggs posted:

I propose that Scottish people be granted independence from the Pisscast for the forseeable future

Pretty sure that's what the internet was trying to achieve last night.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I love Steve Austin's new catchphrase "oval office hair".

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Gonzo McFee posted:

I love Steve Austin's new catchphrase "oval office hair".

Have you never heard that before or do you just think he says it a lot? Because that expression has been around forever

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ribsauce posted:

Have you never heard that before or do you just think he says it a lot? Because that expression has been around forever

He says it a lot, and only recently started up with it I think. ergo, it's his "new" catchphrase.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I enjoyed the ken shamrock interview for the most part. There were a lot of times when I was calling bullshit, like when he said he's still in the top 10% off the ufc. :psyduck:

I still don't know how I feel about the Bob shamrock bit. I'm leaning towards bullshit as well but I'm curious if Frank will ever comment on the issue.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Big Dave posted:

When Rousey did her Maxim photo shoot where they named her one of the 100 hottest women in the world (that’s the work of publicists, because she’s probably not one of the 100 hottest women in her zip code...

Dave, are you trying to get into trouble?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Arbite posted:

He wants to shoot on her, BROTHER!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Bah! Big Dave could have any woman he wants, he's got no time for some plain-jane nobody like Ronda Rousey!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

He wants to shoot on her, BROTHER!

This is going to lead to a 10 minute podcast discussion of why Ronda, objectively, isn't that hot, a la the Sting/Big Daddy HOF arguments, isn't it?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

After years of being a ring rat in AJW Dave just doesn't have a thing for gaijins anymore.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
There's a reason they call it Glorious Nippon.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Every time I think I have Dave figured out and he can't surprise me anymore, he drops bombs like this haha

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I really liked Austin's interview today with Sierra's founder. Interesting stuff.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Arbite posted:

lmao jesus christ dave

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

dsriggs posted:

Next time any PSP podcast wants a Scottish guest then holla at me!!!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Arbite posted:

Who said this? Who's Big Dave? Batista, Melty?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ICHIBAHN posted:

Who said this? Who's Big Dave? Batista, Melty?

when people say 'Big Dave' on this board they usually mean dirtsheet pioneer Finlay. He's Finlay, and he loves to wroite.

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

flashy_mcflash posted:

when people say 'Big Dave' on this board they usually mean dirtsheet pioneer Finlay. He's Finlay, and he loves to wroite.

And his short, loud, high-energy partner [Hornswoggle]

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wanks

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

flashy_mcflash posted:

Or Batista.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Well, I thay hith name ith Finlay, and he'th a bathturd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I really do wish Batista and Bryan Danielson would do a podcast together just to confuse the internet.

• Locked thread