Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
why not just buy pringles though instead of a nerdpole for your dumb chips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Mortimer posted:

point to the dutch part and either say "see we couldn't have known about your silly american law" or "its art"

Oh, sorry - didn't get the reference about art :thejoke:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Robo Reagan posted:

why not just buy pringles though instead of a nerdpole for your dumb chips

I'm pretty it's to be used specifically with pringles cans so you don't have to put them on a plate or something but directly insert this thing in the can and reverse it. It's dumb and nerdy like most kickstarter stuff.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I'm pretty it's to be used specifically with pringles cans so you don't have to put them on a plate or something but directly insert this thing in the can and reverse it. It's dumb and nerdy like most kickstarter stuff.

who uses a plate instead of reaching down the tube? they're pringles, no use in classing them up.

those kinds of snacks are bullshit anyway because they engineer them to have a strong burst of flavor that disappears quickly so you wind up eating the whole thing in one sitting. that poo poo should be illegal, glad i don't eat them anymore.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Evil Fluffy posted:

You're telling me California law prohibits a person from accepting a refund on the condition that they vacate the premises? Because that's pretty standard wording in apartment rentals pretty much everywhere I've lived (which is outside of California) and while this woman is completely inept in all this, having someone sign an agreement stating "I'm accepting a refund and must vacate within X days" wouldn't be any different than if the refund and move out period was baked in to the original contract.

Yes, it does. She agreed to a 44 day term. This made it a rental over 30 days, that was not done in a hotel situation, meaning it is legally the same as a landlord situation and legal proceedings and notice times for eviction have to be followed. I don't blame you for not knowing this, since you haven't put your own place up, but someone doing this should (this is why airbnb is often a very bad idea to get into on the hosting side!!).

At absolute earliest, the guy could be kicked out after 30 days notice with a very speedy agreement from a judge. Dominus dixerit cavendum!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Robo Reagan posted:

who uses a plate instead of reaching down the tube?

Normal people who don't eat chips alone as a substitute for a meal?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Confederate Express's Maksym Pashanin has a bit of a history in San Francisco.

SALIM SHAIKH VS. DENYS PASHANIN et al

quote:

MAR-19-2009 UNLAWFUL DETAINER - RESIDENTIAL, COMPLAINT FILED BY PLAINTIFF SHAIKH, SALIM AS TO DEFENDANT PASHANIN, DENYS PASHANIN, MAKSYM SUMMONS ISSUED, JUDICIAL COUNCIL CIVIL CASE COVER SHEET FILED

quote:

APR-02-2009 UNDER APPLICATION TO THE CLERK FOR JUDGMENT UNDER SEC 1169 C.C.P., IT IS ADJUDGED THAT PLAINTIFF SHAIKH, SALIM RECOVER FROM DEFENDANT PASHANIN, DENYS PASHANIN, MAKSYM THE RESTITUTION AND POSSESSION OF THE PREMISES: 1485 BUSH ST. #501, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94109, SEE SCANNED DOCUMENT

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

hmm yes i'm entertaining guests tonight *pulls down the nice plateware, dumps pizza flavored Pringles® on it*

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Robo Reagan posted:

hmm yes i'm entertaining guests tonight *pulls down the nice plateware, dumps pizza flavored Pringles® on it*

Actually I know plenty of people who do that. I doubt they would buy that useless rack though.

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

The last couple times I have eaten pringles it was at a friends place and we just set the stupid can on the table and each pour out a few. At no point did I feel the need for a plate or a pringles display case.

Can we not gloss over this gem though:

WickedHate posted:

Steampunk animals! Never too late to jump on THAT bandwagon.

Thats one dapper as gently caress warthog. Each Tier $20 and over comes with the author's love and affection, but for $100 or more you can get her love and unending affection. Now that's a steal.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
You know what guys, you're right. I should look at my local kickstarters.

Here we have Emo LeBlanc who needs a new guitar. I'd just link to it, but this image provides all you need to know:

As we can tell, Emo has a penchant for spending money well and putting in effort to actually make a kickstarter. One thing you'll notice is he's created 2 kickstarters. What's the other one you may ask?

Admittedly, he put in more effort this time around with the Risks and Challenges

Financing is only one of the risks, but hey, that's a lot more than most kickstarters. What rewards do we have?

gently caress you potato salad man.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nintendo Kid posted:

Yes, it does. She agreed to a 44 day term. This made it a rental over 30 days, that was not done in a hotel situation, meaning it is legally the same as a landlord situation and legal proceedings and notice times for eviction have to be followed. I don't blame you for not knowing this, since you haven't put your own place up, but someone doing this should (this is why airbnb is often a very bad idea to get into on the hosting side!!).

At absolute earliest, the guy could be kicked out after 30 days notice with a very speedy agreement from a judge. Dominus dixerit cavendum!

I've been on both ends of renting (including assisting in having an actual, snuck-into-building squatter removed) and in my current apartment contract it stipulated in the first 30 days if I was unhappy and wanted a refund I could get one, but had to leave the apartment before a refund would be given. Knowing this woman she'd probably have refunded before he left anyways and he would've just stayed because he's a conartist, but I'm curious which California law prohibits a contract from stipulating that people unhappy with a rented unit aren't allowed to get a refund if they agree to leave within a certain period.

But all this doesn't matter, because the lady renting it likely didn't have any such clause in the contract, and it looks like when he asked for a refund she just went "uh ok here you go" and the guy read up just enough to be able to con her out of a place to stay, apparently for free, and maybe extort her for a bit more.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Evil Fluffy posted:

I've been on both ends of renting (including assisting in having an actual, snuck-into-building squatter removed) and in my current apartment contract it stipulated in the first 30 days if I was unhappy and wanted a refund I could get one, but had to leave the apartment before a refund would be given. Knowing this woman she'd probably have refunded before he left anyways and he would've just stayed because he's a conartist, but I'm curious which California law prohibits a contract from stipulating that people unhappy with a rented unit aren't allowed to get a refund if they agree to leave within a certain period.

But all this doesn't matter, because the lady renting it likely didn't have any such clause in the contract, and it looks like when he asked for a refund she just went "uh ok here you go" and the guy read up just enough to be able to con her out of a place to stay, apparently for free, and maybe extort her for a bit more.

Having such a clause doesn't allow the landlord to kick you out though. And no California law prevents getting a refund. A mutually agreed leaving can take place at any time under California law, it's only when the parties disagree that formal eviction needs to be done.

And this is the same in just about all states.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/zee-support-for-your-table

quote:

This product is designed to be installed under the table leg which waggle due to uneven surface.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ezband

quote:

We are a group of passionate tertiary students aspiring to be technopreneurs.

Apparently it's a bracelet that works as a proximity card reader. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable giving students access to my money, adding to the fact that there's no mention of what the project will actually do, how it will work, or who did they work before for.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Do they not have books in Serbia?

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Remora posted:

Do they not have books in Serbia?

Books, paper, bits of wood, rocks...

Sure, I guess it can be an exercise in design, but I guess the market is oversaturated with "things you can put under table leg so it won't hobble".

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
500 zees for 3500 dollars and i can resell them from my bar

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Antitonic posted:

Reading the local Kickstarters seems like a great way to be depressed about where you live.

So, why was Zorak's Kickstarter not allowed again? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/921748290/i-want-to-make-a-ham-sandwich?ref=city
Zorak's was the one about pouring champagne into diapers right? And one of the rewards involved shipping a diaper full of champagne?

I think there's laws and such about shipping alcohol that that didn't remotely meet.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
NPR: wtg people who gave a guy $60,000 to make potato salad while a kid from Africa struggles to go to school

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

On the plus side they get 6,000 dollars and they don't have to give back anything except letting the girl believe she can be an astronaut.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

kill whitey

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

TetsuoTW posted:

kill whitey

Well, yeah

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I was browsing around some failed KS projects and was wondering why Admiral: the board game got suspended after they'd reached their funding goal since it looks like a legit project that was well written and fully developed. Their kicktraq page shows that they were about to fail rather badly but mysteriously received about 50% of their funds all in one go on the third last day and a quick google search confirms they openly admitted that they self funded their project via a proxy. Whoops! v:shobon:v

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

At least they're not this.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1800069060/battle-maiden-the-board-game?ref=category

quote:

battle maiden is an easy to play board game involving a war between anthropomorphic furry's and human kind.

Please don't click on that link. (I know it's too late.)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
World's Biggest Dick Drawing

quote:

The pledges for this art project will directly dictate the outcome of the dick drawing. Every dollar will add an inch to the drawing. The inches will be accumulated and drawn on high quality paper, then the paper will be spread out to form the dick drawing. This forming of the dick drawing will most likely take place outside wherever a large surface area is available. The goal is set at 100 inches (which would probably be a record breaking dick drawing) but I will draw this thing as many inches as the pledges expect me to. Every pledge will have their name attributed to their inch and all pledges will be listed in a huge thank you letter. Let's see who is willing to make this drawing erect to massive proportions!
Status = fully erect funded

Jedit posted:

At least they're not this.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1800069060/battle-maiden-the-board-game?ref=category

Please don't click on that link. (I know it's too late.)

Day 10 of the campaign: zero updates, zero comments, zero backers, zero pledges. :waycool:
Also I know almost next to nothing about guns but I'm pretty sure that sniper has the scope on its rifle backwards.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I was browsing around some failed KS projects and was wondering why Admiral: the board game got suspended after they'd reached their funding goal since it looks like a legit project that was well written and fully developed. Their kicktraq page shows that they were about to fail rather badly but mysteriously received about 50% of their funds all in one go on the third last day and a quick google search confirms they openly admitted that they self funded their project via a proxy. Whoops! v:shobon:v

And now they're going with Game Salute.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

It won't even be the world's biggest dick drawing. Cerne Abbas Giant

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Qwertycoatl posted:

Even more recently there was that kid that painted a dick on his parents' house big enough to be visible on Google Maps. 100 inches is practically a micropenis by drawn dick standards.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Also I know almost next to nothing about guns but I'm pretty sure that sniper has the scope on its rifle backwards.

Confirmed.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

TetsuoTW posted:

Even more recently there was that kid that painted a dick on his parents' house big enough to be visible on Google Maps. 100 inches is practically a micropenis by drawn dick standards.
Perhaps it's a stretcher not a funder

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Qwertycoatl posted:

There's also the penis painted onto the Liteiny bascule bridge next to the FSB (former KGB) headquarters in St. Petersburg.

Compare that to Cerne Abbas:

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 19:51 on Jul 26, 2014

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

There's also the penis painted onto the Liteiny bascule bridge next to the FSB (former KGB) headquarters in St. Petersburg.

Compare that to Cerne Abbas:

It's not the size of your landscaped penis, it's what you do with it. :colbert:

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Hmmm

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vagina-wallpaper-art-installation

quote:

“Why is it always penises? There is so much to draw in the world, and if it’s about genitals, why not a vagina?”

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Holy poo poo, I forgot the Nazca lines in Peru:

Dickboy is about 1500 years too late. :colbert:

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

TetsuoTW posted:

Well, it's one inch per dollar pledged, so it's already at 331 inches. The chalk giant's is 432, the one on the roof is 720, and the Liteiny one is around 2560. The first two seem doable if funding keeps up, but it'll be hard for him to beat the last one.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
The dick funds only grow linearly, but the material cost will increase at the square of dick length assuming he keeps the cock properly proportioned and with appropriately thick lines. If the kickstarter gets enough funding it will bankrupt him.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Sefer posted:

Well, it's one inch per dollar pledged, so it's already at 331 inches. The chalk giant's is 432, the one on the roof is 720, and the Liteiny one is around 2560. The first two seem doable if funding keeps up, but it'll be hard for him to beat the last one.

I've never met a dick that was too hard to beat. :colbert:

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
An awful kickstarter in the making! (Warning for autoplay, loving tumblr)

It's got everything, including an admission that he hasn't really done any work (or else he stole RPG Maker) and that it'll be TOTALLY MADE and THE BEST GAME EVER FELLAS.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Sefer posted:

Germstore posted:

The dick funds only grow linearly, but the material cost will increase at the square of dick length assuming he keeps the cock properly proportioned and with appropriately thick lines. If the kickstarter gets enough funding it will bankrupt him.

OK Goons, we did this before with Doobie... you know what must happen now.

Cassius Belli has a new favorite as of 21:53 on Jul 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

WickedHate posted:

An American replica of the Great Pyramid! Because that's totally what people have always wanted.

Don't we already have one of these in Las Vegas?