Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
I almost expected to scroll down and see he had grown to table breaking scary rear end Al Davis picture size. (http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/1089/r2m2.jpg)

So glad the blink is there.

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jul 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Volkerball posted:

This is sort of a trial run I've been working on a bit. I just wanted to see if I could do it and be happy with the result, so I kind of rushed through the whole "joke" part so I could see the finished product. Took goddamn forever, so I probably will only do this for things I think are brilliant, but I think I'll be able to make some gold with this. Plus it was a lot of fun.

This is completely awesome Volk, it gives me a very Sea Lab 2021/Frisky Dingo vibe. Please do more.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Why isn't Nancy being killed? :v:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

oh my god that last panel :laffo:

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

awesome. very awesome.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Incredible. Bravo.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

You're alright Toaster Beef.

The satire and sarcasm that permeates TFF leaves me kind of :smith: sometimes, but I'll be god-damned if you and Febreeze don't just make me smile.

Shout out to Volker too, because he did a comic-style thing and it was brilliant.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 24, 2014

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Breaky posted:

The box of KFC just sitting there...

Reid's hand and arm is blocked by a bottle of gatorade, so the KFC box was partially to cover that. I also originally planned on having the last frame being him silently munching on it, but it didn't end up going that way.

Febreeze posted:

I felt like it should have ended after the 3rd panel but the "chokin on something" redeemed it with high praise. This is a good idea, make more.

It probably should've, but if I couldn't have gotten shirtess Bray sitting down to look decent, I would've scrapped the whole concept. Just testing around a bit.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

Reid's hand and arm is blocked by a bottle of gatorade, so the KFC box was partially to cover that. I also originally planned on having the last frame being him silently munching on it, but it didn't end up going that way.

It probably should've, but if I couldn't have gotten shirtess Bray sitting down to look decent, I would've scrapped the whole concept. Just testing around a bit.

It's perfect man, don't let anyone tell you different.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chilichimp posted:

It's perfect man, don't let anyone tell you different.

Don't get me wrong, I loved it. The stare down between Bray and Reid after the suckin dick joke slayed me, but this is definitely very rough, and just beginning to tap the potential.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Deteriorata posted:

I curious as to why they took the logos off the helmets.

Topps could not print the logos, no rights as mentioned, and Fleer could print the logos but not the players names.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

When football news breaks, I smile a little, because I know Febreeze, and now TB again, will have a comic about it.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The thread is really just being amazing right now.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Darth Brooks posted:

I found out that some of the original artwork and photographs used on old football cards are up online.

First, amazing...Second, It's absolutely amazing to me that more players didn't die on field during the first generation Astroturf era. I mean look at that, it's basically dirtier than a parking lot and looks about the same consistency. And I think that field was only a handful of years old at the time that picture was snapped...

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Volkerball posted:

I thought it was funny. Thought it was going to be a Chekov's gun.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I'm just gonna go ahead and preempt everybody's requests

Magicpants fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jul 25, 2014

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Magicpants posted:

May I use this for my fantasy football teams logo toasterbeef?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Magicpants posted:

If I didn't love my av so much, holy poo poo.

Should probably go to a Ravens fan anyway.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Crunkjuice posted:

May I use this for my fantasy football teams logo toasterbeef?

Silly to even ask, go right ahead dude

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
"Beating her up while I'm going down.
Beating her up 'til she hit the ground."

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 25, 2014

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

TyroneGoldstein posted:

First, amazing...Second, It's absolutely amazing to me that more players didn't die on field during the first generation Astroturf era. I mean look at that, it's basically dirtier than a parking lot and looks about the same consistency. And I think that field was only a handful of years old at the time that picture was snapped...

There is a god drat car parked 10 feet from the endzone

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I feel like the number on the jersey can be interchangeable to any player you want.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Totally considering redface Snyder as my new avatar.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
OBVIOUSLY, a man should never hit a woman, BUT WOMEN, ya'll be doing some poo poo that makes men wanna HIT ya'll sometimes.

How can anyone interpret that into me saying women are asking for it? I was RAISED by women. WOMEN, are my dear, dear friend...

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Goddamn is it good to have you back man.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Handcuff that man to his desk. Glorious, TB.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

thankyou magicpants for realizing my dream of seeing headdress Snyder become a real, tangible, thing on a screen.

now I wanna see Stephen a and skip bots interview headdress Snyder and by the end, they're both malfunctioning and their heads are popping off because even they cant keep up

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is very good.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

:lol:

Can't wait for the ESPN commercial with Manningbot, Skipbot, and Smithbot.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This is one of my favorites

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I am back from the farm and have consistent internet now. Can someone help me out with making that avatar I want from Shad Khan's Cat? I was thinking of starting on Khan's worried face in the last panel, and then a fast pan and tilt out to dancing Jaxon.

In completely unrelated news, I also may be going to the Fullham/DC friendly at Everbank tomorrow if my neighbor is not going to use his free tickets he gets for being a season ticket holder.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Suspect Bucket posted:

In completely unrelated news, I also may be going to the Fullham/DC friendly at Everbank tomorrow if my neighbor is not going to use his free tickets he gets for being a season ticket holder.
I'll be there as well! If you see a tall fat guy wearing a t-shirt for the supporters group of an NASL team that doesn't even exist yet, it's probably me!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hey I'm going to one of those tomorrow at Sports Authority. Man U/Roma. Only it's not a friendly, it's some cheesy cup thing, but whatever.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

I'm glad no one saw me when I saw TMM was back because what I did was rather undignified.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
TB, again so glad you are back.

I think I'm gonna have to bust out my old laptop with functional mic ports to get my first session done, but it does add the benefit of mobility. Though if it overheats and crashes mid-session, I might throw it out the window.

Also, if my test session sometime when I have time this week goes well, I'm going to try and do re-records of SOME of the Browns Album so I actually have functional quality recordings to replace the god awful ones I made last year.

But first things first, I cast my sad and drunken eyes on the city of Detroit. It's streets, the 4 blocks of them that you can safely walk on, are calling to me. As if a million fans all saw a kickoff returned on the Lions at once, and resorted to whiskey and incredibly powerful drugs. It's players call to me, with an air of Sisyphus, of inevitability. No matter how close the stone gets to the crest, the siren will always call. And the stone will roll back.

But most of all, I roll back, as always, to the pre-season, to hope, and ultimately, inevitable failure. I welcome it. For it is through failure that we show strength. Let us fail together, Fartists. God I wish my roommate wasn't sleeping or I'd record now.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
:nws:
Awright!
:nws:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well that's something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU