Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

kiimo posted:

No man the Entourage movie is so great you should definitely buy a ticket and go see it because

... Kevin Dillon is in it and he's loving amazing as Drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

I was all onboard for Jurassic World until it turned out to be about an amazingly dangerous fake Dinosaur engineered to be a park attraction. gently caress that poo poo man. Half the appeal of Jurassic Park is that it's not a simple monster movie.

A couple of pages back, but a genetically engineered dinosaur designed by committee to be 'cool' literally fits the themes of the original to a t. Even better if its like that big robot from Robocop and is overdesigned to the point of failure.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If you liked the show you're in for a treat because you get 90 more minutes of the show.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The big chameleon dinosaur was in the JP arcade shooter. They weren't super smart and it was a quarter sucking boss fight but it's not exactly a new element to JP. The T-Rex final fight was bullshit.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

All I can find of the Chappie movie's poster is photos:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Desperado Bones posted:

All I can find of the Chappie movie's poster is photos:

Is that Ninja and Yolandi on the wall?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Is that Ninja and Yolandi on the wall?

Yep, they're the ones who take care of him in the movie (literally them).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chappie_%28film%29

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Oh hey they finally made a sequel!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Had no idea what the hell Chappie was, but instantly recognized it as Blomkamp. He looks a lot like the robot from his demo reel like 10 years ago.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

kiimo posted:

If you liked the show you're in for a treat because you get 90 more minutes of the show.

I've never watched the show, but I hope this is the tag line.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GonSmithe posted:

Yep, they're the ones who take care of him in the movie (literally them).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chappie_%28film%29

Hahah I thought Yolandi's line from Baby's on Fire was a joke but nope "Neill Blomkamps makin' me a movie star" is now an actual thing. I have to see this movie.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Slugworth posted:

Had no idea what the hell Chappie was, but instantly recognized it as Blomkamp. He looks a lot like the robot from his demo reel like 10 years ago.

For folks who don't know, Chappie is about a Blomkamp police droid that gets reprogrammed and raised as a baby by Die Antwoord.

This image has made my day.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Susan's face reminds me of people who tattoo drawings of baby faces on themselves to horrifyingly terrible results.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 24, 2014

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Meanwhile Topher Grace looks vaguely disappointed at the person looking at the poster. "You're not actually considering watching this piece of poo poo, are you?"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vagabundo posted:

Meanwhile Topher Grace looks vaguely disappointed at the person looking at the poster. "You're not actually considering watching this piece of poo poo, are you?"

He looks like he's trying to become Jake Gyllenhall through sheer force of will.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Speaking of Jake Gyllenhall, has this been posted yet?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I really don't like that trailer.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Man he's been puttin in work lately.

edit - he looks positively gaunt in that trailer.

bows1 fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 24, 2014

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The big chameleon dinosaur was in the JP arcade shooter. They weren't super smart and it was a quarter sucking boss fight but it's not exactly a new element to JP. The T-Rex final fight was bullshit.

:eng101: The Carnotaurus was originally in the Lost World book- I was really disappointed that they didn't include it in the movie. Still got a kickass toy out of the deal, though. The chameleon camouflage thing is pretty much horseshit though, just like the Dilophosaurus spit and frill.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Slugworth posted:

Yeah, it kinda looks like the Tetra Vaal/Robotemp style robots he's done in his shorts. Supposedly, Sharlto's coming back as well to voice Chappie.

I wonder how Brandon Auret's character's going to die in this one. Hopefully Blomkamo goes reverse Buscemi and leaves enough of the guy to fit into a casket.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

bows1 posted:

Man he's been puttin in work lately.

edit - he looks positively gaunt in that trailer.

Yeah, he's working his rear end off. He might even pull a McConaughey in my book.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Well, with the colour scheme, it's appropriate someone's doing the Dreamworks Eyebrow.

In the spirit of AVENGERS 2: Not-So Super Supers.

SuperItalianMan and his amazing aerodynamic head!

Main superpower: Kickin' your honky rear end!

I have nothing to say that's funnier than Terrance Hills expression.

SuperNameCheckMan!

Nice suspenders, Super Ninja 1!

THRILL to eye-poking and head-boinking! Oops, wrong Stooge.

Estúpido que Supersonic Man!

If it wasn't for her Black Belt, this would be an NC-17 poster.

Forgot this one, which is a loving classic.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Just Offscreen posted:

:eng101: The Carnotaurus was originally in the Lost World book- I was really disappointed that they didn't include it in the movie. Still got a kickass toy out of the deal, though. The chameleon camouflage thing is pretty much horseshit though, just like the Dilophosaurus spit and frill.
Man and people thought the T-Rex had tiny arms

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Allen Wren posted:

Watch your donkey...Smokey's gonna getcha

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I'm pretty sure I saw those vans sold as Hot Wheels toys.

Two more Avengers 2 posters.

And a composite from BSS.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

The MSJ posted:

I'm pretty sure I saw those vans sold as Hot Wheels toys.

Two more Avengers 2 posters.

I love how that one in the middle left looks like it's trying to make its way back through the mob like "Screw this, I ain't fightin' no Hulk."

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
And, of course, Black Widow has her back to the enemy. :sigh:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
She also looks entirely uninterested in the entire affair. Great choice of reference facial expression.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
At least someone is having a good time.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Wow y'all are hypercrticial. I think the poster looks fine and at least isn't framed around her tits and/or rear end for a change.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
That's a shitload of Ultrons. When I was a boy one Ultron was more than enough. :corsair:

EDIT: Just noticed that one at the bottom center in the BW one has an arrow through the face! :stare:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

mind the walrus posted:

Wow y'all are hypercrticial. I think the poster looks fine and at least isn't framed around her tits and/or rear end for a change.

I gotta agree there. She's not just a centerfold in that poster, she's kicking rear end.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I don't disagree, but look at Cap. Cap is kicking rear end. She needs a "kicking rear end" face and not a "looking at something confusing" face.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

That's face's just making-sure-you-get-him-in-the-throat

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah she's clearly doing some precision fighting because she doesn't have the brute strength of her colleagues. God loving forbid the members of this wildly diverse team show some differences in how they approach battle.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

This just reminds me of this

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Doctor Bishop posted:

I love how that one in the middle left looks like it's trying to make its way back through the mob like "Screw this, I ain't fightin' no Hulk."

Hahaha drat, that's the best part of the poster.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I really like the Ultron design, but there really is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah I agree Cleretic. I mean I get that there needs to be some footsoldier army for group scenes but just copy/pasting the parent Ultron design dilutes the power of the character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Allen Wren posted:

To be fair, the Super Van was a pretty cool looking car: