Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

QuarkJets posted:

LPs are only made by spergs, LP facecams made by spergs are always poo poo, therefore LP facecams are always poo poo

The first dude isn't a sperg. I mean, he got a studio microphone so he can play videogames on the inter-okay he's a sperg.

VVV I'm currently running my second and you are correct

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Full disclosure, I've done 2 LPs. All LPers are spergs

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So the alpha testers for Pathfinder Online are already sharpening their pitchforks and lighting their torches.

Highlight of the thread so far:

quote:

To be fair there is a slightly higher chance now that Dancey has given them a target by telling them that if they can turn the game into a murder sim he will shut it down. They would certainly enjoy the thought of that

Edit: I didn't know if I should post this in grogs.txt, the Pathfinder thread or here but they all fit

Eox fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 21, 2014

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I strongly suspect the best way of greifing people playing Pathfinder Online is going to be letting them play Pathfinder Online.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I'm honestly surprised Pathfinder Online even managed to reach the alpha stage.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I remember people where shaking in their pants when we started playing Mechwarrior Online. At least we made them change the TOS so encouraging Alt+F4 to enable 3rd person view became a bannable offense.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Sandweed posted:

I remember people where shaking in their pants when we started playing Mechwarrior Online. At least we made them change the TOS so encouraging Alt+F4 to enable 3rd person view became a bannable offense.

I'm going to assume that you guys were the reason that once third person was in the button for it actually was F4.

Goons were the best thing to happen to that game though, and made more effort to get it improved than any of the sad-sack 'grr goons!' that played it seriously.

I also like how you pre-emptively told Paul (lead failure dev or something like that) to go do one by tripping his crippled mech to death.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I had a lot of fun in the beta rolling with goons, but the meta game loving with the terrible grognards was the best part. Shame about how the game turned out though.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

7 Days to Die is one of the many zombie survival games that came out last year. 30 or so pages back is a pretty good story about flooding someone’s mines so you’ve probably heard about it. It’s still very much an alpha but they’ve added some more stuff to the game and it’s pretty fun both in itself and also as a vehicle to dick with people who really should be playing Minecraft.

On the main goon server we have recently been introduced to Batman, a player who had taken over a central location on the map. The only reason we took any interest in the guy is because he was duping items far more than was reasonable, and unlike most cheaters who dupe supplies, Batman was duping top level building materials to make Barbie’s Dream Bunker. A couple days ago, after he shot a poor goon smuggling water, we formed a posse, killed him 20+ times and wrecked the place and then left thinking he would get the message. Last night we came back on and there he was again, fort completely rebuilt and even more outrageous amounts of duping going on. After we got the next best thing to an admission of cheating we had all the evidence we needed to request admin assistance.

We started off spawning zombie dogs on him. There was some collateral damage as some random pubbies got zombies spawned on them across the map as the proper entity ID was found. After the dogs came the giant mutant Bees. Unfortunately, due to the wonkiness of the spawn mechanics all the spawns landed outside, and while they happily went to work tearing parts off his place, none of them were actually showing up inside. It worked in our favor though as after 15 minutes of BARK BARK BZZZZZ BANG BARK CRASH BARK BZZZZZZZ BZZZZZZZZ BANG CRASH he switched servers in the hopes that we would lose interest.

This is the point where we had some difficulties. You see, in 7 Days there is an item called a Keystone. Everyone spawns with one when they first join a server and they are used to protect land, both blocking items from being placed and making blocks in their radius harder to destroy, up to 64 times. That combined with his super hardened defenses meant doing it by hand was out of the question. Thankfully, our zombie workforce was still idly chewing on the surroundings so we put them to work. Zombies will try to path directly to any player they detect, and if they can’t find a path, they will attack the first block in their way, and continuing onward until they can get to you, and they aren’t affected by keystones. So, after digging a trench we gathered up some raw meat, which zombies can smell from a long way off and had a tea party on the roof while the crew of zombies dug him a new basement addition.

Unfortunately for Batman, 7 days has a rudimentary physics system that will cause structures to collapse without proper support. It took upwards of an hour, but eventually the entire structure had been leveled. We gussied it up a little then called it a day. When the caped crusader next logs in he will appear in midair, two stories above a spike filled crater, surrounded by landmines.

Unfortunately, we don't have a picture of the abortion that Batman built, but to give a sense of impact the construction wasn't much larger than the original structure pictured below. Both pictures are from the same geographic location.

Before:

After:

We also have another pubbie named Shuudoushi or something tell us he “was more likely to die from a bullet than smoking in his line of work”, how he had already been shot 9 times, once in the “helm”, and all the usual 14-year-old-lying-to-impress-people-on-the-internet bullshit. Hopefully we will find where he lives tonight and I can write up another report of zombie home renovation. We're also going to collect the chat logs because this guy says the most amazing poo poo.

Credit to Molothecat, The Homosexual Agenda, a pubbie named MDF, and our very helpful mod Skandaron. Fine work gentlemen.

Post authored by The Homosexual Agenda

-Zydeco- fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jul 22, 2014

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

-Zydeco- posted:

We also have another pubbie named Shuudoushi or something tell us he “was more likely to die from a bullet than smoking in his line of work”, how he had already been shot 9 times, once in the “helm”, and all the usual 14-year-old-lying-to-impress-people-on-the-internet bullshit. Hopefully we will find where he lives tonight and I can write up another report of zombie home renovation. We're also going to collect the chat logs because this guy says the most amazing poo poo.

Fiddy cent?

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Spaced God posted:

Fiddy cent?

That or Solid Snake, considering the cigarette bit.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Spaced God posted:

Fiddy cent?

Not unless he's a corpsman in the Army, who was once shot by an AK that hit him hard enough that it knocked his helmet off and threw him into a wall, which knocked him out for a few minutes defying the laws of physics and the bullet stopping abilities of kevlar helmet, which are called helms according to him, at the same time. Also, he's in the HLS? From what he said we assumed he meant the DHS, but he was adamant that he was in the HLS. Real classy dude.

He also told us repeatedly to eat the cheese out of an MRE? We still don't know what the gently caress that was about.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
It's a pop culture military stereotype that the cheese from MREs will make you constipated as hell.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

-Zydeco- posted:

Not unless he's a corpsman in the Army, who was once shot by an AK that hit him hard enough that it knocked his helmet off and threw him into a wall, which knocked him out for a few minutes defying the laws of physics and the bullet stopping abilities of kevlar helmet, which are called helms according to him, at the same time. Also, he's in the HLS? From what he said we assumed he meant the DHS, but he was adamant that he was in the HLS. Real classy dude.

He also told us repeatedly to eat the cheese out of an MRE? We still don't know what the gently caress that was about.

The cheese in those things is terrible, always try to trade it to some idiot private for their peanut butter.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

-Zydeco- posted:

Quick Google means that he's either a Web dev working on HTTP Live Streaming or he's in Harvard Law.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Magres posted:

It's a pop culture military stereotype that the cheese from MREs will make you constipated as hell.

I kept telling him the cheese was nasty and whats the point and after a few tries he asked if I ate it with water. I was completely lost at that point.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Spaced God posted:

Quick Google means that he's either a Web dev working on HTTP Live Streaming or he's in Harvard Law.

Nah, he's clearly a Horrible Lying Shitlord. :v:

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS
Yeah Shuudouchebag was a non-stop bullshit fountain last night. He finally got pissed enough he came down and sniped one of us then scampered off home but he'll get his tonight.

A couple nights ago he also looked up someones IP and read someone else's steam page as evidence of his 1337 hacking skills so no matter the topic, this guy will talk out his rear end.

Edit:VVVVVVVVVVVVV - Hell yeah, that's what I wanted to hear.

Nyyen fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 23, 2014

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Nyyen posted:

Yeah Shuudouchebag was a non-stop bullshit fountain last night. He finally got pissed enough he came down and sniped one of us then scampered off home but he'll get his tonight.

He blew himself up twice on my landmines trying to get back into town this morning.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Nyyen posted:

A couple nights ago he also looked up someones IP and read someone else's steam page as evidence of his 1337 hacking skills so no matter the topic, this guy will talk out his rear end.

You guys had better watch it. If 9 bullets can't stop the man, what chance do a few goons have? We're all so hosed.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
We were playing on a TTT server. Like most terrible servers the moderators were power-tripping, their sycophants were insufferable, and they also had a really badly-coded admin addon wuat exploited to permaban all of the above. Anyone not a rankless, make-believe title-less user was shown the door, leaving us and the pubbies to enjoy TTT as it was meant to be played.

The staff took exception to this

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

-Zydeco- posted:

7 Days to Die

I really need to play this more often. The computer I had my install on had a hard drive crash and I never got around to reinstalling it. Which I guess is a bit lovely of me since I made the OP and got a fair number of people interested in it. :stonk:

But yeah, 7 Days to Die is a mecca of griefing potential. Think early era Age of Wushu levels of tears if you want an idea of it. I was the one who posted the story about the underground city sitting beneath a lake getting that same lake dropped on top of it, leading to all of it's occupants dying a horrifying death thanks to careful demolition work and a bit of panic. It's only gotten crazier since then.

Plus the community has that right level of creativity, general intolerance, and potential berserk fury to go with the insane tools the devs give you to be a post apocalyptic jackass. Couple in actually decent combat mechanics and you can sometimes get situations where there's an hour long siege of your base by pubbies who are so angry at you loving with them that they sound rabid.

I remember that at one point early on in the thread Murderchurch had at least like 15 pubbies just dying and rushing the place for two hours against our fortified defenses. They weren't even armed. They'd just ram themselves onto our wooden pungi stick traps to try and clog them down with corpses, advance through withering machine gun and sniper fire to wear down our ammo supply, and at one point literally sapped our walls by clawing the dirt under it out with their bare hands, all so they could close on us and try to beat us to death with their fists in a blind rage.

This was because over the course of a week or two we made their lives a living hell by constantly chasing them through the woods with scoped rifles like we were that hunter in The Most Dangerous Game, occasionally popping off wild shots to keep them running forever. Or we'd just invite them inside Murderchurch, make them think they were welcome, then offer to baptize them which meant a shotgun blast to the head as a way to join our ranks. Or we'd find their home and place a high explosive mine right inside the doorway so that they'd step on it when trying to bring loot back to their base. Or just turn entire towns and buildings into explosive death traps that'd collapse on top of you the moment you set off a booby trap.

Due to our dickery we were pretty much the only people with guns, or even anything like the basic amenities to survive. Eventually the pubbies all just kind of snapped at the hellhole we made out of the server and formed the closest thing a game can get to a barbarian horde to try and bring us down and take our poo poo. Some dude even tried to ambush me outside Murderchuch at one point with a makeshift axe made out of a sharp rock he had tied to a stick.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jul 25, 2014

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

I think my favorite part of this is that only 2 months and 34 posts separate a "Senior Mod" from a "Junior Member".

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Promoted Pawn posted:

I think my favorite part of this is that only 2 months and 34 posts separate a "Senior Mod" from a "Junior Member".

Dude, he's got 2 reputation, this guy is up there with the best.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

That's not just rage profanity, that's sheer poetry.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Can someone please read that second post and soundcloud it? :allears:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
The Griefing Thread: An entire family of flourishing wildlife comfortably seated in your anus

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 16 minutes!

tomanton posted:

We were playing on a TTT server. Like most terrible servers the moderators were power-tripping, their sycophants were insufferable, and they also had a really badly-coded admin addon wuat exploited to permaban all of the above. Anyone not a rankless, make-believe title-less user was shown the door, leaving us and the pubbies to enjoy TTT as it was meant to be played.

The staff took exception to this

That is incredible. I meant to ask, do you guys still want a moderator-free TTT server? If I can get some goons to help guide me on what sucks and what doesn't, my friend and I just renovated our colo server and we're looking to populate it with some stuff that people will actually use.

I think this came up in this thread like 50 pages ago, but I don't remember who to contact on obscure poo poo like that. There isn't anything in PGS. To be clear, this thing would basically be 'set it and forget it' for me, because gently caress if I'm moderating something like that but I would absolutely love to have a honeypot server to capture the frothing, impotent rage of the stupendously broken people who play that game.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
That was probably the best one, there were a few more because after they banned wuat and unbanned his victims he got on an alternate account and banned them all over again, also at the same time he was propkilling everyone which I guess added to the chaos. Their forums weren't too worked up about it but again that moderator was the life of the party.

tomanton fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 25, 2014

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So how do you kill someone with a pig? Because that's hilarious.

Dux Supremus
Feb 2, 2009

Tracula posted:

Can someone please read that second post and soundcloud it? :allears:
Someone should get pipes! to do it.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

Archonex posted:

So how do you kill someone with a pig? Because that's hilarious.
Long story short the game lets you carry around HL2 physics objects, if you turn too quickly they fly out of your hands at mach 1 and kill people instantly. Someone made a Minecraft TTT map with needlessly heavy pig props, you can see us killing with them at about 3:30 in this video but you really should watch the whole thing because it's six solid minutes of angry and bewildered pubbies as they get sent into orbit by bowling balls, microwaves, Krabby Patties and basically everything on every map that isn't nailed down.

The best part is if you butterfinger props like this (as opposed to deliberately letting them go) the server counts the deaths as suicides so your victims can't point to anything in the logs and you can get away with it forever, generally though none of us care about subtlety and we just go pedal to the floor until the server is empty or we're all banned. Our houserule is whoever gets banned first has to find the next server to ruin

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

It's some sort of script to throw them that fast though - does the server have to have any special rules/modifications or can you use it on any of them?

The accuracy is also flawless so I don't know if it's autoaim or just editing out the unsuccessful attempts.

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma

Dreggon posted:

It's some sort of script to throw them that fast though - does the server have to have any special rules/modifications or can you use it on any of them?

The accuracy is also flawless so I don't know if it's autoaim or just editing out the unsuccessful attempts.

It's not.

With practice, you can easily make those shots by simply exploiting the engine. No scripts required.

Daman
Oct 28, 2011
lol no it's definitely a cheat. idk about wuat's but it's very simple to hook calcview/renderview and render the scene so that it looks like you're looking behind you + invert angles on your aimbot. setting your aimangles to the opposite and then releasing the prop in one tick produces the desired prop velocity.

creating a full-auto propkilling aimbot sounds like some fun programming honestly, have it autokill anyone visible if there's a prop available nearby to do it with. only hard part would be calculating if the prop will actually hit the player, would need to verify the target is visible through a wide enough space such that the prop will fit through it 100% of the time.

edit: propkilling is possible without cheating, but you're not going to be able to fling it correctly 100% of the time

Daman fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 25, 2014

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Archonex posted:

I really need to play this more often. The computer I had my install on had a hard drive crash and I never got around to reinstalling it. Which I guess is a bit lovely of me since I made the OP and got a fair number of people interested in it. :stonk:

Our current project is Eat Red Meat and Berzerkman2000, two pubbies based in the far north. They were continually killing another pair of northern pubbies, which we took offense to since that was our schtick. We tracked them to their base which was backed up to the near instant death radiation zone and a mostly competently built shelter. Three of us tried ambushing them as they left their base, but were humiliatingly defeated and lost two sniper rifles and a SMG in the process. It was decided at this point that they had engaged in illegal weapons development (by killing us) and therefor the correct course of action would be to establish a DMZ and impose sanctions. We gathered a six goon posse and headed up north.

We established a nearby base camp and stockpiled hundreds of building materials and then got to work. As four goons provided cover fire, the remaining two quickly erected a temporary impassable palisade what was then manned by the shooters. Cover established, the real work began. 18 keystones, more than any non-murderous pubbie hunter would ever see, were laid in a rough U shape at the outskirts of the two pubbie's existing keystone protection. Then a massive 5-8 block high was was constructed encircling their encampment on all non-irradiated sides. Two sniper nests were constructed and then the space between the inner and outer walls were filled with wooden spikes. Then we left. Eat Red Meat and Berzerkman2000 are now trapped inside a few hundred square meter pubbie preserve overlooked by sniper towers, ringed by spikes, and locked in by a wall that they cannot realistically escape through without several real world hours of work that we can reverse and repair in seconds. We were going to issue demands, but an impending server reset has everyone feeling apathetic, so we'll probably just leave them there for the next two weeks.

Servers been down but once it's back I'll get some screen shots.

TLDR: Two pubbies got some good guns by killing us so decided to wall them into a tiny area that they have no hope of leaving.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

-Zydeco- posted:

Servers been down but once it's back I'll get some screen shots.

TLDR: Two pubbies got some good guns by killing us so decided to wall them into a tiny area that they have no hope of leaving.

I endorse this project.

Here's something that I participated in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGYQg1aUh2w

Abuse of broken game mechanics?
-check
Forcing a group of people into being trolled for days and days?
-check
Causing them undue anguish and ruining their game experience?
-check
Buying up all their goods at firesale prices because they couldn't even get out of their front door?
-check

All in all, it's very satisfying what bored nerds can do.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Kirby? He'll be a fry cook on Dreamland.
EvE stories are way better when there aren't videos.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

-Zydeco- posted:

Eat Red Meat and Berzerkman2000 are now trapped inside a few hundred square meter pubbie preserve overlooked by sniper towers, ringed by spikes, and locked in by a wall that they cannot realistically escape through without several real world hours of work that we can reverse and repair in seconds.
This reminds me of nothing as much as that "YOU HORSE COCK" story from way back in this thread. It's glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Server came back up.

Coming up from the south this is the first thing you will see.
SW corner

SE corner

at the very center of all this is their base.

Their views from the inner wall.

Same and a view of Molo's DMZ art installation "Dick with a Dick".

Scenic DMZ wildlife viewing tower.

Also, and update on the Batman saga from a few days ago, he finally came back. Unfortunately, in this game if your bed or sleeping bag is removed or destroyed while you are offline your spawn will be fixed until you lay another bag or bed down. This means that Batman's spawn is perpetually about 30 feet up over a pit of spike leading to his untimely and since he keeps spawning in midair due to no access to a sleeping bag or place to put it, repeated death. We have named the site the "Batman memorial crater" in his honor and in recognition of the endless entertainment he provided.

-Zydeco- fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 25, 2014

• Locked thread