Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Post a description of your boots, not your face :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
So I've played a few full 90s in my new fruit boots and hell, they own. My foot feels like its bonded to the drat boot. I also look like a big nonce but w/e.

Highly recommended if you can get them for free.

Earthy Ape Unit fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 25, 2014

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Nice hosed up apple. What's the deal with them though, looks like the flyknit has some sort of wax covering? Is that a vague attempt at waterproofing?

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Bogan Krkic posted:

Nice hosed up apple. What's the deal with them though, looks like the flyknit has some sort of wax covering? Is that a vague attempt at waterproofing?

Yeah, the bottom has that ACG style covering like the hypervenoms but none of the weird dimpling.

I have long thin feet and its the best fit ive had in a boot in a long time. I tried the magista obras too, and while they are nice (and the heel cup is fantastic) I liked the fit of these more.

The sock thing feels a bit gimmicky at first but the way it replaces the tounge of the boot is the real key. I know the regular mercurials have the unified tounge but when this one wraps up your ankle it feels pretty drat seamless.

Not full price amazing but I would suggest stealing them or killing for them if you can get away with it.

Also that apple was good. Fuji so its basically the anime apple.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

They are glorious horrible boots, although I did decide at the last minute not to get the other ones that were the same price :getin:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Yeah, the bottom has that ACG style covering like the hypervenoms but none of the weird dimpling.

I have long thin feet and its the best fit ive had in a boot in a long time. I tried the magista obras too, and while they are nice (and the heel cup is fantastic) I liked the fit of these more.

The sock thing feels a bit gimmicky at first but the way it replaces the tounge of the boot is the real key. I know the regular mercurials have the unified tounge but when this one wraps up your ankle it feels pretty drat seamless.

Not full price amazing but I would suggest stealing them or killing for them if you can get away with it.

Also that apple was good. Fuji so its basically the anime apple.

Hmm, I really like the dimpling on the hypervenoms, I think that's my favourite part. I might see if I can track down a pair of futsal ones to try on if they actually exist, since my hypervenoms are starting to die and I don't actually like the feel of the gato IIs I bought to replace them.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I'm really happy with my mercurials so far

They're really soft and light though so might not be for everyone.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I only ever had one pair of mercurials, but they didn't have that dimply texture and were a little bit shite tbh, I could never get any decent swerve or backspin on the ball. Looked lovely though

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Being a complete muppet with my feet I've never found any difference past comfort. As such I just wear whatever is comfortable and not too horrific looking.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Yeah I'm absolute shite too, but that's why I try to get any advantage from my boots that I can

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Drogadon posted:

I'm really happy with my mercurials so far

They're really soft and light though so might not be for everyone.

These are my wet weather boots. I like them a lot, especially in the rain cause they dont get too heavy and poo poo.

Its awesome

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Does Warrior make anything that's not ugly as gently caress?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

Does Warrior make anything that's not ugly as gently caress?

No, that's their schtick.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Bogan Krkic posted:

Yeah I'm absolute shite too, but that's why I try to get any advantage from my boots that I can

I throw my money into my gloves since they actually make a noticable difference (and the better ones stop me from breaking fingers left right and centre).

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Ugh, two weeks ago I got hit on the side of my leg just under the knee by someone's cleats while chasing down a ball towards the goal and it still hurts. I thought I was getting better early this week but I guess playing again was a bad idea. :(

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I took a knee to the face today. They played a (admittedly really loving good) through ball to their forward, who took a heavy touch. I dove on it, and two steps from the forward later I got kneed in the head, right above my left eye. I was out cold but managed to hold onto the ball.

My eye is now swollen shut.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Bobby Digital posted:

I took a knee to the face today. They played a (admittedly really loving good) through ball to their forward, who took a heavy touch. I dove on it, and two steps from the forward later I got kneed in the head, right above my left eye. I was out cold but managed to hold onto the ball.

My eye is now swollen shut.

You'll never be the left eye of a major corporation.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

You'll never be the left eye of a major corporation.

It's true, I'll never light their headquarters on fire.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
What is up with boot sizing nowadays. I take a UK 9.5/10 for almost all my other shoes but I take an 11 for these new Nikes and a 12 for the Adidas ones I tried on. I have a pair of Tiempos from 2009 and they're size 10 and feel larger than my size 11 Bombas from 2013. Is this like vanity sizing or something?

I think mainly I'm upset because Sports Direct didn't have the black Mercurials that I had my heart set on.

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

My first season of indoor has come to a close.

Regular Season:
code:
W	D	L	GS	GA	GD
0	1	7	13	61	-48
:siren:Playoffs:siren: (8 team league, everyone qualifies)
Lost 8-0 against the top ranked team.

We have definitely improved since our first match a few months ago, our best game was a 2-0 defeat against a team we lost 9-1 several weeks earlier. Our only draw came from playing a team that was down a player the entire match.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

That GD is rough, but hey--it's all uphill from here!

We have one match left in our 11v11 regular season and as a defender, I'm pleased to say we've only allowed 2 goals so far (every other team has given up between 4 and 11). Unfortunately, our strikers can't seem to finish so we're only 2nd in the table. Feeling good about the playoffs, though.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
We just finished our 3rd season of indoor and we have improved again but we decided to go down a league... It seems like we either get totally blown out or its a really close game and we lose by a last second goal...

code:
GP	W	L	T	PCT	PS	PSA	PF
8	3	5	0	37.5	32	51	9.0
We are hoping with moving down a league it will get rid of the blow out games and all just be closer games..

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

drat you guys did 51 public service announcements in an 8 game season? Impressive.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

I don't understand why anybody is playing indoor soccer during the summer.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Ugh, sprained my ankle blocking a shot last wednesday and it's still hosed. No chance I'm playing for the next two months.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Shrapnig posted:

drat you guys did 51 public service announcements in an 8 game season? Impressive.

Surprised I have to help someone in a soccer thread but ok:

GP Games Played
W Wins
L Losses
T Ties
PCT Winning Percentage
PS Points Scored
PSA Points Scored Against
PF Points For

quote:

It's hot and I burn easy.

fyallm fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Aug 14, 2014

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

fyallm posted:

GP Games Played
W Wins
L Losses
T Ties
PCT Winning Percentage
PS Points Scored
PF Points For

They're called goals you tit.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Shrapnig posted:

They're called goals you tit.

Sorry for copying and pasting how my league has it posted on their website.

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

CaptainRightful posted:

Outdoor in Florida during the summer is a sure fire way to have a bad time.

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em
My team is 3-2-1 and on a win streak after a rough start.

We play outside in Georgia. It's usually hot, but this summer has been mild and amazing. Basically - suck it up, wimps.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TasmanianX posted:

Basically - suck it up, wimps.

This.

Most of you fucks play goalie anyway.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

We finished the season top of the table after coming in second place 5 times in a row. One of our losses was a forfeit because these idiots scheduled a game during the World Cup final. We're also one of only two teams to finish with a positive GD and the lowest goals against. Naturally, I play in defense so the whole team can thank me for it.

Next season starts up in 10 days. Going for a repeat.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Tigren posted:

We finished the season top of the table after coming in second place 5 times in a row. One of our losses was a forfeit because these idiots scheduled a game during the World Cup final. We're also one of only two teams to finish with a positive GD and the lowest goals against. Naturally, I play in defense so the whole team can thank me for it.

Did you cut off the bottom of these tables? How does each division have an aggregate GD of like -15?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Ungratek posted:

Did you cut off the bottom of these tables? How does each division have an aggregate GD of like -15?

There's a third (Premier) division that the league uses to fill in scheduling holes that usually wrecks the rest of the teams. It's basically full of ex college players whereas the other two divisions are just fat balding nerds.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Not enough puns in that list of names. Not even a Murder on Zidane's Floor, smdh.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

fyallm posted:

GP Games Played
W Wins
L Losses
T Ties
PCT Winning Percentage
PS Points Scored
PF Points For

What the gently caress is the difference between points scored and points for

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

Tigren posted:

Are the guys who call themselves Real Madrid the cunts I imagine them to be?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

What the gently caress is the difference between points scored and points for

Points scored actually means goals scored.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Shrapnig posted:

Points scored actually means goals scored.

And points for is actual points? ffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
poo poo, DID YOU SEE THAT?!? WHAT A POINT!!!