Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

The tie-ins at the very least should be fun.

Also at SDCC Marvel basically said they'll be including any Spider-Man not owned by Sony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Man, is that Spider-Bitch from "Old Man Logan" in the back there? I'm not sure about that.

Soonmot posted:

You don't notice it at first until about halfway through when Ramos goes and gives WWII era chingchong slant eyes. Asian, ninja and named SILK! :haw:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Cindy being (I presume) Korean, especially if she pulls the usual Slott dodge and eventually ends up in the hands of a much better writer. I'm just not sure how I'm supposed to figure out a relatively subtle racial characteristic when it's drawn by somebody like Ramos.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jessica isn't wearing her Black Widow costume :colbert:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Jessica isn't wearing her Black Widow costume :colbert:

That's a good thing because her Spider-Woman costume is much better :colbert:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Lunatic Sledge posted:

If everybody over at Marvel could maybe avoid screwing this up that would be delightful, because I'm now finding it really hard not to actually get excited.

I'm just scared. I just don't want to be hurt again, Spider-man.

Is that Silk on the upper left there? (sorry I keep bringing her up)

Also who is that lady spider-person with the iron spider legs?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Waterhaul posted:

The tie-ins at the very least should be fun.

Also at SDCC Marvel basically said they'll be including any Spider-Man not owned by Sony.

I hope that means we can get '90s TAS Spidey meeting SHOOOOOOCKEEEEERRRRRR.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Suben posted:

I hope that means we can get '90s TAS Spidey meeting SHOOOOOOCKEEEEERRRRRR.

Unfortunately, there's already been a Spider-Man story in the last few years called "The Ends of the Earth".

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope we get a Venom drive-by honking too.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Doc Ock gets a new body, and it's an Austrian body-builder (he can even start calling his arms "weldoes") with a stupid haircut in a suit of green and orange armour.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Ben Reilly in 2014 sighting.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!
Yup ASM vol.3 #004 was pretty :shepface:.

It was like reading bad fan fiction. Also da fuque? They just start smacking lips at the end??.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Lunatic Sledge posted:

If everybody over at Marvel could maybe avoid screwing this up that would be delightful, because I'm now finding it really hard not to actually get excited.

I'm just scared. I just don't want to be hurt again, Spider-man.

Spider... Monkey? What? :stare:

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

ThermoPhysical posted:

Spider... Monkey? What? :stare:

From the stupid bad short lived Marvel Apes line.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

SalTheBard posted:

I love Spider Man and I started reading comics again when Superior Spider Man started. I liked Superior because of how different the character was. I can't stand Amazing at all. While I didn't think this issue was as bad as some people, I really can't stand this story at all.

Can I ask why ASM isn't appealing to you? It is the exact same creative team and really the same flaws and strengths of Slott (in my opinion) are present in both his ASM and his SSM. Is it just the character of Spock that makes it worth it or did you notice soemthing different in terms of writing and plot that somehow doesn't exist now?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

notthegoatseguy posted:

Can I ask why ASM isn't appealing to you? It is the exact same creative team and really the same flaws and strengths of Slott (in my opinion) are present in both his ASM and his SSM. Is it just the character of Spock that makes it worth it or did you notice soemthing different in terms of writing and plot that somehow doesn't exist now?

I enjoyed Spock as a fresh twist on an old character. ASM just doesn't "speak" to me the way that SSM did. It could be partially that SSM was responsible for getting me reading comics again after a 12 year hiatus and I'm still bitter that it ended. I'm sure in a few months I'll look forward to new issues of ASM. I also have trouble dealing with change in general :(

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Who's the Spider-Man holding a chocolate bar? 1967 cartoon? Newspaper comic? Electric Company? Dear god, I hope Electric Company Spidey makes an appearance.

No Japanese Spider-Man on that cover, disappointing. I hope the reason we haven't seen any of him yet is so that he can show up at the very end during the final battle and save the day with his giant robot.

In fact, screw having a coherent story entirely. I just want an endless series of vignettes starring a bunch of obscure Spideys. That would probably be better than what we're more likely to get.

Fred is on fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jul 26, 2014

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Fred is on posted:

Who's the Spider-Man holding a chocolate bar? 1967 cartoon? Newspaper comic? Electric Company? Dear god, I hope Electric Company Spidey makes an appearance.

No Japanese Spider-Man on that cover, disappointing. I hope the reason we haven't seen any of him yet is so that he can show up at the very end during the final battle and save the day with his giant robot.

In fact, screw having a coherent story entirely. I just want an endless series of vignettes starring a bunch of obscure Spideys. That would probably be better than what we're more likely to get.

I think they confirmed Japanese Spider-man in the Spider-verse panel. There's also gonna be a team-up mini with random Spideys (they didn't say which team-ups they'll be, but it can apparently be combinations like Miles and Spider-ham)

Newspaper comic and 1967 cartoon Spideys team up and stupid their way to save the day :allears:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I hope Newspaper Spider-Man has a tie in storyline.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Newspaper Spider-Man is going to appear to save the day, then get taken out by a brick.

Saeku
Sep 22, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

I enjoyed Spock as a fresh twist on an old character. ASM just doesn't "speak" to me the way that SSM did. It could be partially that SSM was responsible for getting me reading comics again after a 12 year hiatus and I'm still bitter that it ended. I'm sure in a few months I'll look forward to new issues of ASM. I also have trouble dealing with change in general :(

I'm on the exact same page as you. Looking back at SSM, it's frequently dumb as hell, but that's not too bad a problem for a story about Spider-Man, and Spock's a compelling enough character to make you keep reading. And the fact that the premise was obviously unsustainable gave the book a certain velocity. Screw ASM, in a few months I'll be looking forward to two more issues of SSM as part of Edge of Spider-Verse!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I think they confirmed Japanese Spider-man in the Spider-verse panel. There's also gonna be a team-up mini with random Spideys (they didn't say which team-ups they'll be, but it can apparently be combinations like Miles and Spider-ham)

Newspaper comic and 1967 cartoon Spideys team up and stupid their way to save the day :allears:

I hope 60s cartoon Spidey breaks someone's mind by making a shotgun out of webbing or something ridiculous like that.

Or at least takes the time to slowly monologue that his spider-sense is warning him of immediate danger.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Hopeless/Land Spider-Woman book is official and it's going to have Jessica AND Silk!

It's like Marvel set out to create the single most unappealing book possible.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
This is starting to remind me of that Emma Frost book from the early 2000s which might have been a good way to draw in female readers if not for those Greg Horn covers that had nothing to do with the stories inside.

Hopeless is batting about .500 at Marvel if you count Arena and Undercover as one massive misfire of a book, but I can only assume that Greg Land is a draw for some massive, unspoken majority of the audience.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Why couldn't Bendis and Maleev just stayed on and given us Spider-Woman: Alien Hunter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Waterhaul posted:

Why couldn't Bendis and Maleev just stayed on and given us Spider-Woman: Alien Hunter.

Because nobody bought the book outside of BSS.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Suben posted:

Hopeless/Land Spider-Woman book is official and it's going to have Jessica AND Silk!

It's like Marvel set out to create the single most unappealing book possible.

Somehow, having the creators be "hopeless land" is fitting.

edit: Silk has a better costume, but still Asian as poo poo.

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jul 27, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Not going to lie Land drawing Jessica and Silk worries me.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Not going to lie Land drawing worries me.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

What is this "Great Power" arc that the 100th Anniversary issue of ASM is talking about as 8 of 8?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

ThermoPhysical posted:

What is this "Great Power" arc that the 100th Anniversary issue of ASM is talking about as 8 of 8?

The seven issues that came before that one.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

ThermoPhysical posted:

All of the 100th anniversary issues are written as if they were published in the 2060s, so it's talking about the previous seven issues that never came out.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Tavarin posted:

All of the 100th anniversary issues are written as if they were published in the 2060s, so it's talking about the previous seven issues that never came out.

Yet

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Tavarin posted:

Oh.

That's...kind of annoying, actually.

Is it something I should skip?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ThermoPhysical posted:

Oh.

Probably. All of the 100th Anniversary issues are just "man imagine what this comic would be like in the future" and the gimmick is they all pretend like they're just single issues from that time and so they drop you in the "middle" of a story for a setting. Some of them are kind of cute and neat (Fantastic Four, Avengers), Spider-Man's is just kinda there. X-Men's is downright offensive in how bad it is.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jul 31, 2014

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Avengers 100 is what you wish big 2 comics will become. Spider-Man/X-Men 100 is what they will become.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ThermoPhysical posted:

Oh.

Yes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Half tempted to add a calendar note 40-some years from now to pick up the arc to see how it started.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Bought a grab box of 70+ comics off of eBay for dirt cheap and they came in today. This was in the box. A Spider-Man #1 signed by Todd McFarlane, including a letter of authenticity. Sweet digs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Windows 98 posted:

Bought a grab box of 70+ comics off of eBay for dirt cheap and they came in today. This was in the box. A Spider-Man #1 signed by Todd McFarlane, including a letter of authenticity. Sweet digs.

I will give you $1 and this half eaten twinkie sitting on my desk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Windows 98 posted:

I am legit very jealous of you. I love that cover.

• Locked thread