Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

Jingleheimer posted:

I figured I needed to take a break from the game for a little while since my guy in RTTS is apparently the video game version of Mike Olt. I like hitting dingers but it would be nice to actually get on base every once in a while.

I retired a guy like this and made a contact/ speed character. It's so much more fun being the lead off hitter, getting on base and then stealing your way around to a run in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I really wish you could set it to auto-sim once you get to third.

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

I really wish you could set it to auto-sim once you get to third.

Just try to steal home every time. It has to work eventually, right?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I accidentally stole home. 3-2 count, 2 outs, but only runners on the corners. I ran on the pitch, it was a ball and a walk, and somehow the catcher standing right there missed the tag on me.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I've stolen home on a delayed steal when the guy on 1st takes 2nd. Also if there's a pickoff attempt at 1st you have a good shot if you get a good jump and the 1B goes into a specific animation.

I've also hit a couple of ITP home runs when the ball gets to the cutoff man and he starts jogging it in because he assumes you're staying on third.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

New patch! Looks promising! lol @ jeter heads being on random dudes

code:
List of changes that apply to both MLB 14 The Show PS3 (1.17) and PS4 (1.12) patches:
-Online Gameplay stability (a lot of changes and improvements):
--General online synching and stability.
--Play results are now consistent on both users machines.
--Fielder synching issues across two users online now fixed.
--Batter desync when batter calls time.
--Balks on balls in the dirt no longer cause hang.
--Ball deflected collision on defensive players now consistent on both user screens.
--Late fielding dives no longer cause the game to hang online.
--Fielding decisions and throws are now consistent on both player screens.
--Late Bunt (and bunts pulled back) and swing attempts now give the same game result
--Check swing improvements to online gameplay
--Challenge of the Week pitcher settings no longer carrying over from any other game mode.
--Timing issues with pausing the game and guess pitching at the same time no longer cause issues.
--Stealing home while batter takes strike 3 for the 3rd out issue fixed.
--Ball 4 resulting in a walk on a wild pitch and trying to advance the runner on first issue fixed.
-Fixed infrequent end of online game crash at closing on-screen-display graphic.
-Fixed rare instance of on-screen bright color/black corruption affecting stadiums and players.
-Fixed very rare corrupted player faces issue. This would show up as dark splotches and patches. This happened in certain player substitutions in Franchise mode Spring Training.
-In Game Options for Camera changes are now saved when reloading the game.
-Road to the Show crash when loading into Batting practice addressed
-At-bat ambient Organ music addressed (wasn't playing when intended)
-Custom Music applied to all players now properly working.
-First HR in a Franchise game issue no longer stating "First Career HR" every time.
-Umpire balls, strikes and 3rd strike audio calls now playing properly and consistently
-With Music Mode on, stealing a base no longer skips the song track.
-Andrelton Simmons face fixed!
-Home Run Derby can now be entered during the install, once the needed assets are loaded.
-Bernie Brewer now seen after a Home Run in Miller Park.
-Addressed Strike Zone size on PS4 that cause ball/strike calls to appear very wrong.
-Analog throw meter difficulty balanced or all levels.
-Fixed issue with repeated jumping near a pop-up causing the runner to take off for the next base.
-All Vault screens should now default to rating (no longer sorted by user name).
-Diamond Dynasty> My Bids fix to prevent a crash when users have more than 500 transactions.
-Online score posting fix to prevent lost online game scores and data.
-Addressed a Login/Boot-up crash that would sometimes occur when logging in during peak hours.
-Fixed Diamond Dynasty "vs cpu" pre-game line-up crash that could happen before proceeding into the game load.
-The Show Live Double Header games now have crowds for both games.
-Diamond Dynasty and The Show Live issue fixed where some players were showing Headley (PS4) and Jeter (PS3) heads on certain players.

Thanks for playing,
The Show team

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Too bad they didn't fix the game in time to save our league.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

davecrazy posted:

Too bad they didn't fix the game in time to save our league.

I was 2 games from finishing. :(

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I'd be interested in a smaller draft league with active players. 12 would be enough. After you get your starters and pitching staff there's an autodraft setting.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

ForbiddenWonder posted:

I'd be interested in a smaller draft league with active players. 12 would be enough. After you get your starters and pitching staff there's an autodraft setting.

I'm interested.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
30 mins to download a 200 meg patch. Destiny doing a number on the servers?

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I think PSN was down earlier, and 3/4 of my list is playing it too. I'm waiting for the finished product.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
PSN is absolute shambles, it has to be the mad rush for Destiny.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I got a few online games in last night. The stuttering in the fielding was better but not 100% fixed. Guys still warped around.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

jabro posted:

I'm interested.

that would be kinda fun. I loved the concept of a league but the poo poo poo poo poo poo online kinda killed everyone off.

Dr Geek
Jan 28, 2007
I'm down for a league. I bought a wired cable just to play this game online so it'd be nice to finally make use of it.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

I'm down if theres a spot.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I've been looking for reasons to play more than just RTTS, I could get in on a league

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I like the fantasy draft proposal. The Twins can not suck once more not really I'll swing at junk in the dirt

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I just bought the ps4 and this game today. I will probably suck for a week or two but it'd be fun to play goons if there's a spot.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

ForbiddenWonder posted:

my interest has been sparked

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
The game glitched out and the pitcher forgot to actually start pitching.

I ended up going over to the mound to ask him if he was ok, but there he stood. So I went over to home plate to get their take on things. I was worried I would have to restart the game or something since I was doing so well.

I ended up walking down the line back to 1st base and then the game unfucked itself and the pitcher threw a fastball while I was a third of the way there. I still got the double play on his rear end :smugdog:

I was disappointed that SCE didn't have the crowd boo the pitcher for wasting time or have the umpire yell at me for getting in the way and the interfering with play as a protection against this kind of bug.

skooma512 fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jul 20, 2014

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

skooma512 posted:

The game glitched out and the pitcher forgot to actually start pitching.

I ended up going over to the mound to ask him if he was ok, but there he stood. So I went over to home plate to get their take on things. I was worried I would have to restart the game or something since I was doing so well.

I ended up walking down the line back to 1st base and then the game unfucked itself and the pitcher threw a fastball while I was a third of the way there. I still got the double play on his rear end :smugdog:

I was disappointed that SCE didn't have the crowd boo the pitcher for wasting time or have the umpire yell at me for getting in the way and the interfering with play as a protection against this kind of bug.

I had the same thing happen to me last night except I was in CF and I was able to slowly meander my way to home plate and by time I got there the pitcher decide to pitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1mZj36Ft8I

Luckily it was only a weak pop up, although if my reaction/fielding was higher maybe I could have made the play. (There also seems to be a flash in the video, so I'm going to assume my guy had a panic attack when he saw the batter lift his leg).

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Got a triple, then an HR, then a single....

But the shitbird center fielder caught my 9th inning hit and took away my cycle :catstare:. The game did me a solid and took the game to the 11th inning anyway, but it was some bullshit infield dripper and that was it.

Why isn't there an achievement for completing the cycle? Or even for a lot of the other cool baseball poo poo? Getting your first HR, a triple, double play, stealing home, completing the cycle, perfect cycles, loving no-hitters and perfect games? If this was on Steam I guarantee it would have all that and not just for the grand slam.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Is there any way in RTTS to make it always show the distance of the home run? Seems like 1/6 replays show the distance, but I can't seem to tell that there's any rhyme or reason as to what causes it. And it should happen every drat time.

Why yes I am interested to learn just how far that ball I hit into McCovey Cove went, especially since the water in this game is apparently just concrete that looks like water and the ball kept rolling for eternity off into the distance.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Is there any way in RTTS to make it always show the distance of the home run? Seems like 1/6 replays show the distance, but I can't seem to tell that there's any rhyme or reason as to what causes it. And it should happen every drat time.

Why yes I am interested to learn just how far that ball I hit into McCovey Cove went, especially since the water in this game is apparently just concrete that looks like water and the ball kept rolling for eternity off into the distance.

Nope. I would also like this, especially since I hit one over the brick wall in Citi Bank. Seriously think that one was a 500 footer.

Also have hit a few over the billboard signs above the green monster.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
Oh man... I tried to play this again on the Vita after playing a LOT on the PS4 and it's impossible to play. The framerate is just so drat bad that I can't hit anything.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

It seems to show the distance when the next batter comes up for me almost every time.

I love using pitchers with weird windups online. Alex Cobb from Tampa is my favorite so far.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
man gently caress hitting against guys with 82 mph 4 seamers

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

ForbiddenWonder posted:

It seems to show the distance when the next batter comes up for me almost every time.

I love using pitchers with weird windups online. Alex Cobb from Tampa is my favorite so far.

Yeah but it doesn't do this in RttS because you don't see the next hitter.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
8 1/3 perfect innings and some dumbass scrub dribbles a groundball past the 62 rated shortstop the Twins are starting in 2016 for some unknown reason. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Bottom of the 1st, runners on 1st and 2nd no outs. First pitch and I absolutely smoke a ball to the gap in left, should easily score one if not both, the two runners don't start running until i already pass the runner on first, lead runner stops at 3rd and the guy I passed gets tagged out at second.

I reset the game because gently caress you

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
bottom of the ninth, I'm 3 for 3 with 2 dingers, games tied, there's a runner on 3rd with 2 outs and I get pinch hit for by loving Chris Parmelee who strikes out and gets the 1 run loss. I'm slashing .390 in May, leading the league in RBIs and hits.

goddamnit Gardy :mad:

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
If you're bored with the game I highly recommend downloading the greatest of all time roster. The Yankees line up is peak Jeter, DiMaggio, Ruth, Mantle, Gehrig, Cano, Maris, Berra, and Arod.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Is the fantasy league ever going to get off the ground or was it just a "wouldn't be great!" post? Don't make me start it because we'll be using the greatest all time roster download.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

jabro posted:

Is the fantasy league ever going to get off the ground or was it just a "wouldn't be great!" post? Don't make me start it because we'll be using the greatest all time roster download.

I am totally fine with that

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

jabro posted:

I 100% support this idea, just be aware the Yankees are completely unfair and Tampa bay is basically it's current roster against Babe Ruth, Cy Young, Bonds etc. A lot of the teams are just insane so balance is a bit funny.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

gleep gloop posted:

I 100% support this idea, just be aware the Yankees are completely unfair and Tampa bay is basically it's current roster against Babe Ruth, Cy Young, Bonds etc. A lot of the teams are just insane so balance is a bit funny.

It's a fantasy draft so all of that is not a problem.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

jabro posted:

It's a fantasy draft so all of that is not a problem.

Oh haha whoops. In that case let's do it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Just so long as Pete Rose is the best player in it.

• Locked thread