Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

I've been waiting almost a year for that last line.

Also the other stuff was pretty cool.

Interesting that Brandon Routh's Powerpoint features the name "Star City."

It looks like some kind of improvement plan he has for the city or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Scyantific posted:

Leave it to Oliver to turn everything into a goddamn disaster.

Amen to that.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Oh good, Caity Lotz is immediately back. And Detective Lance looks okay. Amanda Waller's seemingly terrible actress continues to have a really bad delivery. And Laurel is also there again for some reason?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

VagueRant posted:

And Laurel is also there again for some reason?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Some Numbers posted:

I've been waiting almost a year for that last line.

So has Amell.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
So DC didn't want them to use Ted Kord? I wonder what their plans are, its not like they have any other TV series to launch DC characters in.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

It occurs to me that since they're only a few episodes into filming, these scenes must all come from the first two or three episodes, right? That means that uses the line early in the season, unless they filmed that scene for the trailer and are saving it for a much later episode.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

pentyne posted:

So DC didn't want them to use Ted Kord? I wonder what their plans are, its not like they have any other TV series to launch DC characters in.

Their plans are Jaime Reyes/Ted Kord is Geoff Johns one exception to the "debuted earlier, must be the better version" rule. Ted Kord has vanished into the aether.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Well, he's recently reappeared in some form as of the Forever Evil storyline, but there's no sign of how or why he'll become important, last I checked. He's just the son of Kord Industries' previous boss, and had to avoid a buyout by Lex Luthor. That's it.

So it might be they're also wanting to avoid it because 'poo poo we have to figure out what we're actually doing with this guy', but I wouldn't be surprised if Jaime's relative popularity among DC staff (his series continued despite relatively low sales numbers till it could properly finish, origin story played out on three different tv shows, and two of those proceeded to use his main plot, plus an attempted TV show that didn't get past its promo video) hasn't played a part as well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

pentyne posted:

That isn't, and never will be, confirmed.

But that's what people are guessing. On the other hand, they said the person they did let them use was much cooler and Ray Palmer is not cooler than Ted Kord.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I think they pretty much did just outright confirm it at Comic-Con.

quote:

Kreisberg said they were "very concious of who they decided to bring on" this season. They actually originally asked for Ted Kord, "but DC has other plans for him, so they said how about Ray Palmer? And we said that would work better!"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Okay yeah, that is pretty conclusive.

These producers really do give a whole lot more than other shows.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
It was kind of a given at this point, but you know who (url is a spoiler) officially confirmed for season 3. No word on the actor yet.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

VDay posted:

It was kind of a given at this point, but you know who (url is a spoiler) officially confirmed for season 3. No word on the actor yet.

:suspense:

They're going all out this season.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

VDay posted:

Hype. So, so hype. I like the outfit at least.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

:suspense:

They're going all out this season.

I'm going to need a splatter guard for my screen when this season kicks off.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

VDay posted:

Well. That's...well.

What's going to be left for season 4?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Some Numbers posted:

Well. That's...well.

Ambush Bug.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Some Numbers posted:

Well. That's...well.

Batman or bust.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Some Numbers posted:

Well. That's...well.

Glorious Godfrey and Max Lord.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Season 4 will be Galactus.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Well. That's...well.

Darkseid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Well obviously, they've brought the Atom in so Ollie can shoot him into Darkseid's brain.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Season 4 is gonna be a live-action recreation of the comic book storyline Identity Crisis.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Green Lanterns obviously. Road trip!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Some Numbers posted:

Well. That's...well.

Secret Society

VVVV Season 3 of Scrubs was good though :confused: Take your point though.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jul 27, 2014

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
gently caress, I hope this season works out.

Lately all good shows have had a good first season, an amazing second season and then a disappointing third that leads to an even worse fourth and ultimately leaves you not caring and spoils its own legacy. :smith: (Okay, I'm basically just talking about Community and Nikita...also Burn Notice and Scruuubs?)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
There's a great option open to them that no one at DC would fight them over.

The Challengers of the Unknown

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

VagueRant posted:

gently caress, I hope this season works out.

Lately all good shows have had a good first season, an amazing second season and then a disappointing third that leads to an even worse fourth and ultimately leaves you not caring and spoils its own legacy. :smith: (Okay, I'm basically just talking about Community and Nikita...also Burn Notice and Scruuubs?)

This happens a lot, but it doesn't have to happen. Supernatural peaked around the middle of Season 5, shortly before it was intended to end. Avatar Season 3 was its strongest; also, coincidentally, where it was designed to end. I feel like having a plan really helps, and the writers have said they've got at least five years worth of plot mapped out. So here's hoping Arrow stays good through Season 5 at least. :unsmith:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
As sad as it is when a show ends, it's better to have it live a full, proper life and then die with dignity; rather than have it shamble on for a few more seasons as a zombie, like house; or bones which still just keeps on going.

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy

Spergatory posted:

This happens a lot, but it doesn't have to happen. Supernatural peaked around the middle of Season 5, shortly before it was intended to end. Avatar Season 3 was its strongest; also, coincidentally, where it was designed to end. I feel like having a plan really helps, and the writers have said they've got at least five years worth of plot mapped out. So here's hoping Arrow stays good through Season 5 at least. :unsmith:

But Avatar did end after 3. Legend of Korra featured some of the same characters in cameo roles bug it wasn't like trying to squeeze a fourth season out of the gang or the same time period.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Why are you guys cherrypicking random TV shows in order to decide if Arrow will still be good next season? It's not actually going to tell you anything.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Animated shows at that.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Some Numbers posted:

Well. That's...well.

Monsieur Mallah and the Brain.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I have a feeling Waller is going turn into a villain later on. Also I'm hearing rumors that Oded Fehr is gonna be Ra's.

E: MOTHERFUCKING WILDCAT is coming to Arrow. Holy poo poo this season is going to own so hard.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-season-3-villain-ras-al-ghul-721453

quote:

Another new character heading to Arrow in the new season will be Wildcat, who will have an encounter with Laurel.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jul 27, 2014

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Scyantific posted:

I have a feeling Waller is going turn into a villain later on. Also I'm hearing rumors that Oded Fehr is gonna be Ra's.

E: MOTHERFUCKING WILDCAT is coming to Arrow. Holy poo poo this season is going to own so hard.
[url=http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-season-3-villain-ras-al-ghul-721453]

Oded Fehr's Ra's on YJ was pretty good. He wasn't David Warner, but really, who else could be?

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
Season 3 - Ra's al Ghul - :aaaaa:

This season is going to own so hard. Thank you Arrow for continuing to be the best.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Scyantific posted:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-season-3-villain-ras-al-ghul-721453

Oh that's cool. Wildcat's pretty important to Black Canary's backstory.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Scyantific posted:

Also I'm hearing rumors that Oded Fehr is gonna be Ra's.

Eh. I like Fehr as an actor, but he (like many of the actors I've heard about for Ra's) seems too young. I don't buy him as the father of Katrina Law, or even really as the wise mentor to Barrowman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

Oh that's cool. Wildcat's pretty important to Black Canary's backstory.

Canary about to get a plausible instructor in badassery

• Locked thread