Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Strife posted:

Last September I finally bought a Challenger after having a Hyundai sedan for eight years.

I love it. I haven't done anything with it yet, but this summer is going to be a cold air intake and a Diablo Sport tune since that should be easy enough.

White is the BEST color for a Challenger, very nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Fart Pipe posted:

White is the BEST color for a Challenger, very nice.
Not my car, but I challenge (get it) this:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Cragars are cheating, though.

Stock-for-stock, I'd still take the white.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Black is pretty much the best color for anything unless youre the one keeping it clean. Challengers need to be white because Vanishing Point :D

IronCastKnight
Jul 27, 2013
I think the Neo Challengers would look pretty good in gently caress You Orange. Really highlight the aggressive body styling with some retina searing action.

Plain white is actually pretty good too. Someone has a white Challenger in the parking lot across the street, and it looks sleek as poo poo while still being menacing looking.

Mar 25, 2004

Just picked this up at the end of May. I told the dealer just to wash it and not put any miles on it so I had to go fill it up across the street immediately. I've always been a Ford guy and that's also my F-350 in the back, but I've been super impressed with the Raptor. The shell really completes the look, in my opinion, but regardless it is pretty much a requirement to haul all my dogs around. Stupid me for thinking I might get better gas mileage than the F-350 V10.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

I got this

AdmiralViscen fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jul 25, 2014

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Tremek posted:

305s (not pictured) went on it today, drag racing tomorrow night!

Apparently everyone missed this post. Bitchin ride, looking at your previous posts in this thread you've had a lot of the fringe cars I've always thought were awesome.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Apparently everyone missed this post. Bitchin ride, looking at your previous posts in this thread you've had a lot of the fringe cars I've always thought were awesome.

Tremek, what other cool poo poo have you owned besides the 97x and E55?

Hit an Apex
Dec 2, 2004

Real Racing. Real Sport.
More Alfa love.. Finally got some new bumper pieces for the front (one of the old ones cracked). I think I found the last new one in the world - just don't ask what it cost. 33 year old bumper plastic is not fun to work on.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Thanks man. :)

blk posted:

Tremek, what other cool poo poo have you owned besides the 97x and E55?

The G8 GXP was a cool car, definitely AI-bait particularly considering it was a manual. Had it for almost 4 years. The Mazdaspeed 3 was a fun ride but spun a crank bearing at 14,000 miles and 364 days of ownership; Mazda fixed it, and I promptly traded it in on the GXP. I googled the VIN recently and found out the Mazda led a short nasty and brutish existence - whoever bought it after me put on ~25,000 miles in a year and then totaled it somehow. RIP MS3 :(

Nothing else too crazy aside from maybe the 2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S we had for a couple years (another 600-run car) that had been tuned and had (I think?) an Akrapovic exhaust. Here's a clip a dealer selling it a few years ago made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7OUqFw2u7A

The exhaust was hilariously loud and I loved how obnoxious it was. It was my wife's DD and could walk most pony cars from stoplights.

Here's a pic from a drag racing day a few years ago - buddy's -V coupe on the left, the CTTS, and the GXP - before commenting on dials remember that Bandimere's the highest strip in the US at 5800 ft (the -V in the 11s also had some mods):

Unfortunately the Cayenne was murdered by an errant shitbox Expedition last fall (my wife was fine though.) I sold the G8 last year and got the E55, and now my wife's driving a '10 Mercedes GL550 and I have the -V. All fun cars. :)

Tremek fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jul 26, 2014

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Oh are we posting all the exotic cars that we've owned?

First car Ive owned, mid 90s oldsmobile:

Second car Ive owned, mid 90s oldsmobile:

Third car Ive owned, mid 90s oldsmobile:

Fourth car Ive owned, mid 90s oldsmobile:

Fifth car I own now, ford mustang:

I too am living the high life.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

I, too have dabbled with exotics.

I'm on #58. I'll spare you guys the rest.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

My new ride gave me the opportunity to go here and eat grilled moose meat! Best car, best meat! Thanks that's all!

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST

Killstick posted:

My new ride gave me the opportunity to go here and eat grilled moose meat! Best car, best meat! Thanks that's all!
I had moose sausages and moose burgers yesterday! :canada:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Cage posted:

Third car Ive owned, mid 90s oldsmobile:

I too am living the high life.
I always wondered where Holden got the rear styling for the mid 90s Stateman from. There you go.

Here's what the rear of a Statesman of that era looked like:

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
I'd say the closest the two ever got was with the VN, and the VQ Statesman. Looks ridiculously similar to the Chevrolet Caprice Classic from the early 90s. I don't like Commodores, but I've always liked the looks of them.. :ohdear:

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
I had a '13 focus st but I kept running into space issues I didn't have when my ex had her jeep handy. Without her around I decided to invest in some more cargo space without sacrificing power, so I bought a fully loaded '14 explorer sport

This thing is surprisingly nimble. I think stock it has the same 0-60 as the focus but now I can seat 7. What a blast to drive to boot.

Seik
Apr 15, 2006

Yes, I am indeed purple.
Pillbug
Photographer friend took some shots recently. Really liked how this one turned out:

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
The miata was feeling slow so I got something faster. Wanted a 5.0 but none of the dealers around me really wanted to move and I didn't want to take the depreciation with the 15s coming out so I decided to get something cheap that I could sell later if I wanted more speed.

And the miata for good measure. Its going to be going dedicated autocross/track soon.

Mar 25, 2004

Sepist posted:

I had a '13 focus st but I kept running into space issues I didn't have when my ex had her jeep handy. Without her around I decided to invest in some more cargo space without sacrificing power, so I bought a fully loaded '14 explorer sport

This thing is surprisingly nimble. I think stock it has the same 0-60 as the focus but now I can seat 7. What a blast to drive to boot.

I looked at those and almost bought one before ordering my raptor. Really nice SUV and really quick. Nice ride, dude.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Sadi posted:

The miata was feeling slow so I got something faster. Wanted a 5.0 but none of the dealers around me really wanted to move and I didn't want to take the depreciation with the 15s coming out so I decided to get something cheap that I could sell later if I wanted more speed.

And the miata for good measure. Its going to be going dedicated autocross/track soon.

Wait are you the one that bought my Miata?

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people

Comrade Flynn posted:

Wait are you the one that bought my Miata?

If you own a body shop in Columbia sc then yes. If not then no.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Seik posted:

Photographer friend took some shots recently. Really liked how this one turned out:

Awesome. The white car is the right car.

Sergiu64
May 21, 2014

travisray2004 posted:

How do you like it? I am getting closer and closer to needing a new(er) car and every time I see a 3 I want one. Just wish the MS3s were AWD.

Ooopps, I really should check on my posts more often. I still love it, it's got 71k on it now and I haven't had any problems with it. Too bad Mazda doesn't really have anything like it anymore.

Front wheel drive is limiting as it can barely put it's power down, but AWD would make it too expensive I guess. Despite all the love for MS6, they didn't do that well financially on it. One of MS3's big appeals was the price, I bought it brand spanking new with a lot of whistles for only 23k plus change.

GhostSeven
Apr 23, 2005

Yesterday Was A Million Years Ago

Seik posted:

Looks fantastic, any more pictures from the shoot?

Seik
Apr 15, 2006

Yes, I am indeed purple.
Pillbug

GhostSeven posted:

Looks fantastic, any more pictures from the shoot?

Thanks. :) Here were another 3 I liked.

GhostSeven
Apr 23, 2005

Yesterday Was A Million Years Ago
Sweet looks lovely, like the urban industrial setting.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Lose the front plate. Why are front plates even still a thing? I know they're required in some states, but I don't see why, and they ruin the look of almost every car the are on.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

veedubfreak posted:

Lose the front plate. Why are front plates even still a thing? I know they're required in some states, but I don't see why, and they ruin the look of almost every car the are on.

Agreed. I've not had a cop pull me over. If they use that as the reason I'm sure they could find something else just as easy.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

veedubfreak posted:

How do red light / speed cameras send you a fine otherwise?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Aargh posted:

How do red light / speed cameras send you a fine otherwise?

Rear plate. Also gently caress speed and red light cameras. In the US they are not enforceable and depend solely on you being guillable enough to pay the fine when you get a ticket in the mail that is neither hand delivered nor certified.

I've been pulled over exactly once since I stopped running a front plate in 2005. And the only reason I got pulled over was that myself and my mother in the box truck behind me were on a very well known drug trafficking part of I-10 leaving Texas. Although if you have to park in areas where there are meter maids, having one of the flip up plates will save you from getting a parking ticket.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 1, 2014

movax
Aug 30, 2008

veedubfreak posted:

Non-front plate state supremacy :smug:

(Still have my MI plate even though I've left)

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

veedubfreak posted:

In the US they are not enforceable and depend solely on you being guillable enough to pay the fine when you get a ticket in the mail that is neither hand delivered nor certified.
Wait, what?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fifty Three posted:

Wait, what?

Obligatory: I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice, so on and so forth, stop loving speeding and running reds.

Well, they're vaguely enforceable. Most of it comes down to the fact that the vast majority of jurisdictions using photo radar / red light cameras cheap out and just use regular USPS mail to send out citations. But, since there's no way to prove that you actually received anything sent via regular mail, they can't actually fine / penalize you because they can't prove that you had an opportunity to go to court and fight it.

Since they're sending out more than a few of these tickets, it's not worth their money or time to go after every single person who ignores them with a process server and/or certified mail. They reserve that for people like this who rack up 37 tickets:

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
I just got my wife a new ride. It's tradition for me to get her a volvo a few weeks before her due date. Hopefully this one doesn't get wrecked after a few months like the last one.

'96 855R with 130k miles. Needs a lot of love, but the drive train seems reasonably well maintained. We took it on a 3000 mile roadtrip the week after we bought it.

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

IOwnCalculus posted:

Well, they're vaguely enforceable. Most of it comes down to the fact that the vast majority of jurisdictions using photo radar / red light cameras cheap out and just use regular USPS mail to send out citations.

Wouldn't you have to play dumb long enough to get your licence suspended and then fight it? The camera footage is reviewed by a cop who turns it into a moving violation if you don't respond after like 60 days or something. From that point on it is just like a regular ticket and costs twice as much. (ask me how I learned this the hard way in Florida)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Here in San Diego the cops could care less about front plates. Its great.

That said it took all of 10 minutes parked on a street in LA to get a ticket. :10bux: after I "fixed it". Then just took it off again. Heh.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Leroy Diplowski posted:

I just got my wife a new ride. It's tradition for me to get her a volvo a few weeks before her due date. Hopefully this one doesn't get wrecked after a few months like the last one.

'96 855R with 130k miles. Needs a lot of love, but the drive train seems reasonably well maintained. We took it on a 3000 mile roadtrip the week after we bought it.

Tradition? How many kids do you have that it's a tradition?

Congrats on the kid, the car and the hot wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Leroy Diplowski posted:

Wouldn't you have to play dumb long enough to get your licence suspended and then fight it? The camera footage is reviewed by a cop who turns it into a moving violation if you don't respond after like 60 days or something. From that point on it is just like a regular ticket and costs twice as much. (ask me how I learned this the hard way in Florida)

Sounds like it varies heavily on location. Here, if you ignore it and manage to not get pulled over for anything else / otherwise served, after two years they just file it as dead. Part of it is they need you to either admit to driving the car, or tell them who actually was, even with photos.