Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
MELTZER LIVE:

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/listen/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Professor Funk posted:

How could Vince fire a man with this hair?

Out of a cannon

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/27/impact-wrestling-cancelled-spike-tv-tna/

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

get hosed willow

e; get hosed russo

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Another Person posted:

get hosed willow

e; get hosed russo

Dave said the Russo thing had "everything to do with it"

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Court and Dave sounds like disappointed parents. "Why would you lie with so much to lose?"

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

who are those people

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

epitasis posted:

who are those people

FO_VVerhei is Vinny from the Bryan/Vinny Show on F4W.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ch3cooh posted:

Dave said the Russo thing had "everything to do with it"

What's the "Russo thing"? Did he do something specific recently or was it just a general,"Man gently caress Vince Russo" thing?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they secretly hired russo when spike tv made it clear they didnt want him and then found out when he accidentally sent an email to pwinsider

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

epitasis posted:

they secretly hired russo when spike tv made it clear they didnt want him and then found out when he accidentally sent an email to pwinsider

...why would any company do this? This isn't loving High School, millions of dollars and peoples livelihoods are on the line here.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

What's the "Russo thing"? Did he do something specific recently or was it just a general,"Man gently caress Vince Russo" thing?

TNA hired Vince Russo to book their product and then tried to keep it a secret because they know everybody hates him, including Spike TV who still hadn't renewed their TV deal yet. Well Russo accidentally broke the story himself and now their show has been cancelled. So now everybody is out of a job come October all because Dixie Carter really wanted to hire Vince Russo. They don't even have the excuse of him being friends with Jeff Jarrett anymore.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

...why would any company do this? This isn't loving High School, millions of dollars and peoples livelihoods are on the line here.

Questions we're all left to ponder

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mike were those commas more important than the spaces?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I suppose all of this commotion does dovetail nicely into Russo's new site and podcast. The man is 2 for 3 in being instrumental in bringing down wrestling promotions.

Or maybe he's part of WWE's plot for wrestling sports entertainment domination! :tinfoil:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So in a Gina vs Ronda fight who does The Rock back?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bryan: Why does Spike dislike Russo?

Dave: Maybe they just know wrestling.

edit: poo poo imagine if it was an Anderson Silva match.

edit2: Clarification, story 1 was TNA which was expected to break last week but didn't, story 2 is a UFC fight that's an undercard match for Jones/Cormier that will be "many buys".

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jul 28, 2014

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Guessing Faber-MacGregor is the big fight

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

????

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I never watched a minute of TNA so the only thing I get out of this is anticipation for Meltzer's eventual TNA postmortem/destruction in the Observer. Probably going to be on the level of vitriol of his circa 2000-2001 WCW writing.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Ah Swea to Gawd, Vince Russo just blocked the Attitude Era Podcast on Twittah.

And they were so happy when he started following them. :smith:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

Ah Swea to Gawd, Vince Russo just blocked the Attitude Era Podcast on Twittah.

And they were so happy when he started following them. :smith:

he blocked me too!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Haha, Vince Russo planned to do a podcast with the Attitude Era Podcast boys. Guess that's canceled now!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Vince Russo blocked me after he told people not to misquote him and then I tweeted his "I'm American, I don't give a poo poo about Japanese and Mexican wrestlers" quote at him

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bard Maddox posted:

Vince Russo blocked me after he told people not to misquote him and then I tweeted his "I'm American, I don't give a poo poo about Japanese and Mexican wrestlers" quote at him

I asked him if his VIP section will be the new home of TNA

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

So how bad are the subscription numbers going to be? Could they have actually declined somehow (people using bad cards, refusing charges etc to get out of the commitment)?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

So how bad are the subscription numbers going to be? Could they have actually declined somehow (people using bad cards, refusing charges etc to get out of the commitment)?

For the Network? I could see them being pretty bad. There have to be a non-zero (and possibly a large number) of people who signed up just for Mania and have little reason to re-up. My guess it's 710K or less.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That's possible, yes, although I think it's unlikely. I'm guessing it's around 750k

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Dave was just saying in his breaking news podcast that only a select few in the company have any real numbers on the Network and not to read too much into the desperation on TV. I'd be very very shocked if they've gone down, but I doubt it's going to be pretty.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Somewhere in the 700k range is what I'm guessing.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Can it have gone down? Has six months passed since people were able to get it?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Arbite posted:

Can it have gone down? Has six months passed since people were able to get it?

You can still cancel before the 6 months is up, you're just on the hook for all of the money.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Dixie Carter being so stupid as to constantly rehire Vince Russo and then lying about it to the one company keeping TNA alive is so loving ridiculous that I can't stop laughing at it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

August 25th is the earliest numbers can start dropping, as that's when my sub expires and I signed up day 1.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thauros posted:

Dave was just saying in his breaking news podcast that only a select few in the company have any real numbers on the Network and not to read too much into the desperation on TV. I'd be very very shocked if they've gone down, but I doubt it's going to be pretty.

I had my sub set not to auto-renew and got an e-mail a few days ago with Randy Orton telling me that I should totally change that so it's obviously something they are working people on. I'm sure they have something that tells them how many people they are currently going to lose when that first wave of non-renewals hits and considering the last couple months it would not shock me if that's a heavy number.

(I set my account to renew because I like the PPVs for $10 and the original content that I do watch + nXt is just a nice bonus)

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I was wondering if there is any chance they would try to get away without announcing the real number. Like if they said "We experienced 15% subscriber growth over the past quarter" or "We have over 700,000 active subscribers" or something. I can't decide if that would be better or worse than announcing a bad number outright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Dunbar posted:

I was wondering if there is any chance they would try to get away without announcing the real number. Like if they said "We experienced 15% subscriber growth over the past quarter" or "We have over 700,000 active subscribers" or something. I can't decide if that would be better or worse than announcing a bad number outright.

If they don't give an exact number, shareholders will demand an exact number, and probably be even more pissed than they would be at just saying the bad number outright.

• Locked thread