Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

kinmik posted:

The fact that someone can use "their" and "they're" three times in the same context and use it just once correctly is mind-boggling.

When I see something like that I assume they actually have no idea which one is correct and when, and are just choosing randomly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014

Sagebrush posted:

Here, have a mint julep! Do you have a bottle of Sprite and some sour mix?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk57WmewiRA

Once you've watched that video, watch this one: it's an absolutely magnificent contrast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJV-O1e10z8

Good God, that first one sounds hideous.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Otter Madness posted:

Good God, that first one sounds hideous.

Whoa, I'm not sure if you mean that one in particular, but Mint Juleps are loving awesome; if you like Mojitos you'll like them.

/edit: Well now I know. She kinda screwed that up, didn't she? :v:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Edmond Dantes posted:

Whoa, I'm not sure if you mean that one in particular, but Mint Juleps are loving awesome; if you like Mojitos you'll like them.

She didn't muddle it enough, yuck!

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Sagebrush posted:

When I see something like that I assume they actually have no idea which one is correct and when, and are just choosing randomly.

:their:'s an emote for it, even

which is apparently ruined because the kerning isn't the same as when it was purchased, it's ever so slightly noticeable :argh:

e: And after posting it's not even on the same line as the rest of the text, but that might just be my monitor.

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014

Edmond Dantes posted:

Sorry, I meant the first video, not Mint Juleps in general. She only managed to double the number of ingredients in a Mint Julep, so good for her, I guess.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

razorrozar posted:

:their:'s an emote for it, even

which is apparently ruined because the kerning isn't the same as when it was purchased, it's ever so slightly noticeable :argh:

e: And after posting it's not even on the same line as the rest of the text, but that might just be my monitor.

Man, that sucks. That used to be such a funny smiley, and now it doesn't work at all.

Somebody's gonna have to pay :30bux: for a new one.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

or maybe stop being the biggest baby in the universe

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rad Tad posted:

or maybe stop being the biggest baby in the universe

I was going to say something about how pouring alcohol on an open wound is going to hurt way worse than pulling a Band-Aid off, but I guess if they're taking it off it's not an open wound anymore :shrug:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Last time I was injured, I poured rum into the open wound. It didn't hurt, but I got really drunk and passed out shortly thereafter. Not sure if it was the lack of blood or the rum in my veins.

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRifHTK_9ng

twoday has a new favorite as of 11:34 on Jul 28, 2014

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Ahahaha this is the best moron :tinfoil: poo poo

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I don't get it. How is this a lifehack?

Rad Tad posted:

Ahahaha this is the best moron :tinfoil: poo poo

Tomato soup turns black when I forget to turn the burner off, too. How deep does this rabbit hole go?

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
This is also a a giant steaming pile of terrible advice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rHWUki86N8

Gets good at 2:12

twoday has a new favorite as of 13:12 on Jul 28, 2014

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

don't have a watering can? make a watering can don't use a cup what are you

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
Remove a bandaid painlessly simply by taking a swim at your local pool.

Insult Comic Barbie
Apr 21, 2010

That is the nastiest goddamn carpet I've ever seen in my life. Doesn't he have a lifehack for getting out charred energy drink stains before showing your house to the entire world?

Lemur Crisis
May 6, 2009

What will you do?
Where can you run?
Life hack: instead of boiling your energy drinks to... not find out very much about what's in them, read the nutritional information label on the can!

Or look it up on the internet, even: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=monster+energy+drink

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

twoday posted:

I loved the "wrapping tin foil around your spoon" one. Just so profoundly stupid.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Yo gently caress everything else, I want to eat this dino-corn.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Morpheus posted:

Yo gently caress everything else, I want to eat this dino-corn.

Yeah, this one actually owns really hard.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

twoday posted:

Ugh, this guy lives in my town and his videos are just grasping to loving hard these days. Why don't people like this realize when their "solutions" are MUCH more effort than the common alternatives.

Drowning In Terror
Dec 10, 2008
I think he realises that he got over 3 million views on that video and can make a decent amount of money off it and other lovely uploads.

Insult Comic Barbie posted:

That is the nastiest goddamn carpet I've ever seen in my life. Doesn't he have a lifehack for getting out charred energy drink stains before showing your house to the entire world?

That's not a carpet lmao, though I am wondering about the encroaching damp in the corner.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

And it's gone, I guess we win? :unsmith:

Insult Comic Barbie
Apr 21, 2010

Drowning In Terror posted:

That's not a carpet lmao, though I am wondering about the encroaching damp in the corner.

You're right, I wasn't paying attention. I was probably high from all those chemicals in my morning coffee. Speaking of which:

Life hack: dilute your coffee with several ounces of chilled liquor to cool it down and make you less likely to care when you inevitably burn yourself.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
Lifehack: Wait several minutes for coffee to cool down so that you don't burn your mouth.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

My favorite thing about the tinfoil spoon is that he doesn't realize that the little hole on the sauce pan is specifically for that. You just jam the spoon in there instead fo loving about with tin foil. Or just... I dunno, put that poo poo down and wipe up after like a normal human being.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Keep your pants on when you poo poo, no more messy bathroom experiences!

One simple tip to cleaning your ceiling fans is to use the leg of your poo poo filled pants - slide the leg over the fan blade and then pull it off. Now you have dust stuck to the poo poo in your pants instead of the fan blade (mostly).

An emotionally abused housewife in Sarasota has a great tip for getting the smell of dust covered poo poo out of your living room. Simply collect all of your vomit in used 2 liter soda bottles, and leave them on the porch in the sun. When you come home, the vomit fumes will form a crusty layer inside your airway, protecting you from the poo poo and dust smells inside!

17 shocking uses for old soda bottles filled with your vomit!
Don't let them tell you they are only for poo poo and dust smell protection

Used tampons as wolverine traps? This one will save you millions on wolverine control.

SLOSifl has a new favorite as of 21:13 on Jul 28, 2014

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

If only there was something you could add to a liquid to cool it down, like frozen water or something...

Also, another saliva-related tip, from an article debunked on Snopes:

quote:

If you should drink the juice, drink it mouthful by mouthful slowly, because you must let it mix with your saliva before swallowing it.

e: Is your drink either too hot or too cold? Spit in it to bring it closer to your body temperature!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

SerialKilldeer posted:

e: Is your drink either too hot or too cold? Spit in it to bring it closer to your body temperature!

Thanks for indirectly making me think about how much of my own spit I must be drinking over the course of a day. I'm going to go barf forever now.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Phy posted:

Thanks for indirectly making me think about how much of my own spit I must be drinking over the course of a day. I'm going to go barf forever now.

It's produced by your own body and flows directly into your mouth with no contact with anything else. What's gross about that? Do you also dislike the taste of your palate?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Phy posted:

Your intestinal tract is never not touching doody.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

razorrozar posted:

It's produced by your own body and flows directly into your mouth with no contact with anything else. What's gross about that? Do you also dislike the taste of your palate?

I've recently had some wisdom teeth issues which made my mouth taste like pus for the last week so yes to your question.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Sociopastry posted:

My favorite thing about the tinfoil spoon is that he doesn't realize that the little hole on the sauce pan is specifically for that. You just jam the spoon in there instead fo loving about with tin foil. Or just... I dunno, put that poo poo down and wipe up after like a normal human being.

Not to poo poo on your life-hack parade, but that hole is so you can hang the pot on a hook.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Really Pants posted:

Your mouth is the start of one very long flesh-tube that leads all the way to your rear end in a top hat.

You mouth and rear end in a top hat are linked together. Forever.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Your mouth is the start of one very long flesh-tube that leads all the way to your rear end in a top hat.

Your poop was delicious only a few short hours before. Life Hack.. it can be again.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Really Pants posted:

Topologically, though, the doody is never actually inside your body, only worming its way along the surface, so it's ok

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

kazil posted:

Not to poo poo on your life-hack parade, but that hole is so you can hang the pot on a hook.

I am aware. Mostly I was just making fun of how loving stupid he is not to just be like I CAN PUT SPOON IN HOLE AS OPPOSED TO TINFOIL HERP.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Who What Now posted:

Human Centipede IV: Life Hack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Sociopastry posted:

I am aware. Mostly I was just making fun of how loving stupid he is not to just be like I CAN PUT SPOON IN HOLE AS OPPOSED TO TINFOIL HERP.

I think it's more stupid to try and jam a large spoon into the hole on a sauce pan handle. You should just get a spoon dish to rest it on, a cheap one is probably not expensive. Or just use a small plate or bowl! Life hacks