Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Humble Flash Bundle: Humongous Entertainment

$1
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade
Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds

BTA
Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon
Pajama Sam
Freddi Fish 2
Spy Fox in Dry Cereal

$20
Humongous Complete Pack

that's right. I went to the trouble of typing every letter of this. some games for yer sons and doggers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Drifter posted:

It's not janky. It's fine. And it's really good.

You can take a contract to run a ski resort!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Night Dive aren't the people originally behind those games, right? Have they done anything to make them undeserving of money?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Drifter posted:

It's not janky. It's fine. And it's really good.

It's a little janky but it's pretty great. Not a fan of the rts sections though but they're totally optional so whatever. I should get back to that, I left off with the pirate faction I was in in a stalemate with the space governments while the robots slowly ate half the galaxy.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I don't think Night Dive has any original properties. They've just been doing a bang-up job of acquiring and re-releasing old ones.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

Night Dive aren't the people originally behind those games, right? Have they done anything to make them undeserving of money?

Not yet. Unless you hate them financing or otherwise facilitating the re-release of System Shock 2, some of the Wizardry games, or the rumoured No One Lives Forever.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

How long does it take for Playfire to deposit money into your GMG account? The FAQ said every 12 hours but it's been a few days, I'm wondering if something hosed up somewhere.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I just taught my dad how to install Steam, make his own account and redeem the Sid Meier Humble Bundle I gifted him so many months back after he asked me to because he didn't want to split game time over my desktop anymore.

He's been playing Civ for as long as I can remember, starting with #2, and he's logged over a thousand hours in Civ IV and not counting when he was playing it before Steam on my account.

Since about 2 years ago though he's been playing Civ IV differently: It's always an advanced start in the Industrial Age and he conducts big amphibious assaults, massive fleet invasions, aerial bombardment and coordinates different promotion combos from a dozen units like it's a grand generic wargame. He always regales me with his latest sweeping plan over the breakfast table and I'd like to think it'll keep him sharp for another 2 decades.

He doesn't much like Civ V though! :tipshat:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Justin_Brett posted:

404notfound posted:

I don't think Night Dive has any original properties. They've just been doing a bang-up job of acquiring and re-releasing old ones.
Yeah, Night Dive are basically a indie publisher that inexplicably manages to negotiate the rights to digital releases that were previously considered impossible. The only thing they've really done to piss anyone off is releasing the Humungous stuff in big chunks that kind of flood the "New Releases" bit of Steam's front page, drowning a few indies out. Which is a pity, but not exactly setting orphans alight.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Quest For Glory II posted:

How long does it take for Playfire to deposit money into your GMG account? The FAQ said every 12 hours but it's been a few days, I'm wondering if something hosed up somewhere.

Like a month or so ago my playfire stopped tracking anything, let alone putting money into my gmg account. I suppose it was around the time most goons were getting banned for using SAM, but I only used SAM for idling cards, not getting cheevos. So beats me.

Maybe they figured out I never actually bought something from them, just the free EVE thing I'm never going to use. Not that I'm complaining, it was basically free goat simulator for playing some random games.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

They finally did deposit the money so maybe they just don't do it over the weekend or something. But not until after I posted about it :tinfoil:

I don't use SAM, I just use Playfire as an excuse to actually play some of the games in my backlog.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I always click the "Spend It" button on the playfire.com page and in 99% cases it updates my balance on the GMG site. Need to be logged-in, natch.

e:

Darkrenown posted:

The Long Dark might interest you, although I am not sure how the actual mechanics of wood-cutting etc. are.

Time to add another survival game that will never be finished on my list :shepicide:

lordfrikk fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 28, 2014

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

gradenko_2000 posted:

I just taught my dad how to install Steam, make his own account and redeem the Sid Meier Humble Bundle I gifted him so many months back after he asked me to because he didn't want to split game time over my desktop anymore.

He's been playing Civ for as long as I can remember, starting with #2, and he's logged over a thousand hours in Civ IV and not counting when he was playing it before Steam on my account.

Since about 2 years ago though he's been playing Civ IV differently: It's always an advanced start in the Industrial Age and he conducts big amphibious assaults, massive fleet invasions, aerial bombardment and coordinates different promotion combos from a dozen units like it's a grand generic wargame. He always regales me with his latest sweeping plan over the breakfast table and I'd like to think it'll keep him sharp for another 2 decades.

Has he ever tried the Fall from Heaven 2 mod? Because that's bloody fantastic. Completely changes how the game is played. Although if he's not into fantasy, he won't like it. I'm a huge fantasy nut, so I love it.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Binary Domain is currently $3.74 as part of the Weeklong Deals. How the does PC port fare compared to the console versions?

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I think some people have said logging out and in of gmg and playfire sometimes helps with playfire money

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lordfrikk posted:

I always click the "Spend It" button on the playfire.com page and in 99% cases it updates my balance on the GMG site. Need to be logged-in, natch.
I did that plenty of times and it did nothing. It IS in beta afterall so I guess this is one of those beta tricks. As in trick knee.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

gradenko_2000 posted:

Give your dad Crusader Kings 2 and blow his mind forever.

Max Wilco posted:

Binary Domain is currently $3.74 as part of the Weeklong Deals. How the does PC port fare compared to the console versions?

PC port plays fantastically. Never played the console versions.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Max Wilco posted:

Pretty solid. The only irritating thing is you can't use the mouse in menus.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

They finally did deposit the money so maybe they just don't do it over the weekend or something. But not until after I posted about it :tinfoil:

I had the exact same problem recently and the money came into my account today, so I guess it was just GMG being slow for some reason.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

It's a little janky but it's pretty great. Not a fan of the rts sections though but they're totally optional so whatever. I should get back to that, I left off with the pirate faction I was in in a stalemate with the space governments while the robots slowly ate half the galaxy.

The addition of a proper Pirate faction in Space Rangers HD really makes things more interesting, and opens up a lot more ways to play. As you've seen, it's very possible for two factions to stalemate each other while the third gains ground.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

The Kins posted:

Yeah, Night Dive are basically a indie publisher that inexplicably manages to negotiate the rights to digital releases that were previously considered impossible. The only thing they've really done to piss anyone off is releasing the Humungous stuff in big chunks that kind of flood the "New Releases" bit of Steam's front page, drowning a few indies out. Which is a pity, but not exactly setting orphans alight.
Last I checked Night Dive had something in the works for getting NOLF out of legal hell. I think a good chunk of them are probably lawyers, the good kind!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Anybody have any info about the tiny updates to the Dreamcast games?

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Speaking of Playfire, mine's being really weird all of a sudden and I have this feeling like I'm finally getting banned. :v: Maybe.

Zeroed out on both the client and GMG site after I totally didn't SAM my way through did the achievements for Arkham City, but then i clicked the Spend It button and suddenly my previous balance is back! So I'm sort of confused.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Hey here's some news for original Borderlands, which was a Gamespy/SecuROM title.

quote:

Borderlands update released

Steamworks multiplayer is coming in a future update.

Changes:

- Removed SecuRom from the title and all DLC
- Added a “Granting Tool” In the steam “Tools” section that turns a retail disc into a Steam version of Borderlands
- “News Ticker” added to the main menu to give you updates on the Multiplayer restoration updates.
- Imported SecuRom DLC keys into Steam, so if you bought DLC outside of Steam, activate it within Steam and get your matching content.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Hearts of Iron 2 Complete is $5. Just sayin'.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Ningyou posted:

Speaking of Playfire, mine's being really weird all of a sudden and I have this feeling like I'm finally getting banned. :v: Maybe.

Zeroed out on both the client and GMG site after I totally didn't SAM my way through did the achievements for Arkham City, but then i clicked the Spend It button and suddenly my previous balance is back! So I'm sort of confused.

They have server updates and poo poo so you're bound to have the display fritz out every now and then. It's no big deal.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Just to add 3 interesting titles from the weeklong deals:

1954 Alcatraz is the newest adventure game from Daedalic Entertainment - guys who made Deponia. It looks like an interesting setting and I haven't seen it on a sale as deep yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7ldIMBNKJY&t=19s

Chainsaw Warrior is a digital version of a classic board game that I rememeber being pretty great. I don't know if this adaptation is as good though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUDUi9cfL98

The Chaos Engine is apparently a pretty good game but extremely hard and old-school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foRFi04MSKk&t=23s

Apart for the other solid titles I'd say this is one of the best Weeklong Deals line-ups yet.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
G2A.com has Divinity Original Sin for $22.67, which is a pretty good deal on an almost brand new game.

Also some other good stuff, like Brave New world for 9.74, Elder Scrolls Online (lol) for 20.48, and even Windows 8.1 Pro for like 20 dollars.

Edit: huh, apparently these are from third party sellers so I don't know how that works, plus they only accept Paypal which sucks.

Leper Residue fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 28, 2014

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is there a SteamOS thread around? I'm trying to test it in a VirtualBox environment, as I want to eventually put that on my HTPC with XBMC, but I'm running into issues. If not, my problem is after I try to login to the Steam desktop (not the Linux desktop), the screen just stays at the grey background. Steam doesn't launch from the Linux desktop either.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

IUG posted:

Is there a SteamOS thread around? I'm trying to test it in a VirtualBox environment, as I want to eventually put that on my HTPC with XBMC, but I'm running into issues. If not, my problem is after I try to login to the Steam desktop (not the Linux desktop), the screen just stays at the grey background. Steam doesn't launch from the Linux desktop either.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571857

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Humble Flash Bundle: Humongous Entertainment

$1
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade
Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds

BTA
Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon
Pajama Sam
Freddi Fish 2
Spy Fox in Dry Cereal

$20
Humongous Complete Pack

that's right. I went to the trouble of typing every letter of this. some games for yer sons and doggers
Hell yes, time for a nostalgia trip.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Thanks. I blame the lack of a working search, and it looks like it would be a couples pages back in the Games forum (no posts for 5 days).

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Hey here's some news for original Borderlands, which was a Gamespy/SecuROM title.

That's great to hear. While I loved Borderlands 2 a lot more, there was some stuff I enjoyed more in the original, but it was always a pain to play with friends since half the time I had to use a tunnel software to even connect.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Well the average on the bundle has shot up to 12.85 somehow, so I guess I'll just get the two titles for a couple bucks.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
You should wait as the average always tanks shortly after, if you pay now you'll need to pay another $11 to beat the average even if the new BTA is at $4.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Huh, I could have sworn they already did that? But I guess that updates suggests that retail PC versions weren't able to be activated on Steam so maybe what I'm thinking of was only updating the Steam version.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Im_Special posted:

You should wait as the average always tanks shortly after, if you pay now you'll need to pay another $11 to beat the average even if the new BTA is at $4.

If that's the case and the average drops enough, couldn't you just buy another bundle for the new average and then also have extra keys for the one dollar tier? Or does linking your steam account prevent that kind of cheesing?

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

The Humongous Complete Pack for $20 is a pretty good deal, and the bundle is only up for the next 19 hours, so I'm not sure the average is going to go down all that much.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It looks like you get spare keys if you buy the 20$ bundle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Everblight posted:

[re Stranded]

It also has no way to adjust any settings at all, and only runs windowed at what looks like 480x480 (yes, square). The cards sell for a ton (average value for the 3 you get is like $1.80), but SAM doesn't recognize it, so you have to *actually* idle the game to get them, and there's no way to mute the sound (no settings menu, remember).

For future reference, you can use SAM for games that don't show up in your game list (but that you own) by typing in the code for it in the "add game" text box. You get the code by going to the game's store page (or any page related to that game) and checking the URL. For Stranded, it would be 295250.

• Locked thread