Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 382 days!
:bsdsnype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

being exiled to do some weird skunkworks poo poo because they're too chickenshit to actually fire you doesn't sounds like a horrible fate to be honest

depends on if they're still paying you and if they expect results

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

being exiled to do some weird skunkworks poo poo because they're too chickenshit to actually fire you doesn't sounds like a horrible fate to be honest

what do you think your new divisions budget is going to look like in a year or two?

it'll be you and the intern huddled around a mister coffee for warmth by year three

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

infernal machines posted:

what do you think your new divisions budget is going to look like in a year or two?

it'll be you and the intern huddled around a mister coffee for warmth by year three

Shaggar posted:

depends on if they expect results

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

infernal machines posted:

Time to post post post

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

aka eric kicking sergey to screwgle x labs to gently caress the glass marketing manager while he colludes with the nsa

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

FMguru posted:

maybe he will get the jobs treatment - when they wanted stebe out of apple in the 1980s they created a special group (called something like the "advanced technology group"), said it would be developing futuristic way-out not-even-on-the-roadmap technologies, put jobs in charge of it, transferred all his flunkies and cronies to it, and put them in a separate office building a mile from apple campus (where they could "work without distraction"). stebe took the hint.

every time i read an official announcement about executives being moved around i look for the phrase "newly created" because 9 times out of 10 it is someone being sent to siberia never to return

literally was part of a team that had an executive come in to run it for this exact reason

last 6 months were sweet be cause we were burning cash with no oversight whatsoever

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

like, poo poo was so hilariously bad they flew in an accountant from singapore or something to figure out how much money we were wasting because i guess headquarters/ceo saw this black hole of cash lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

pram
Jun 10, 2001

oh dilbert

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

:yayclod:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

whatever guy invented the 7 figure severance package [even if you're fired for gross incompetence] must have his portrait up in every business school across america

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

qirex posted:

the 7 figure severance package

ah yes, the 'ol golden reach-around

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

qirex posted:

whatever guy invented the 7 figure severance package [even if you're fired for gross incompetence] must have his portrait up in every business school across america

once you make it to C-level you literally cannot gently caress up

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

PleasureKevin posted:

release the corporate FaceTime tim

federating with facetime so your sip pbx can call iphone users (gently caress everyone else) would cause avaya to poo poo themselves, and be glorious.

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
lync federation is cool cause now i can know for sure that a supplier is ignoring my email instead of them maybe just not being at their desk

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

we use lync and it's ok but we don't use any of the audio/video features, just chat and screen sharing

we've been piloting zoom because it works on ipads and macs but it's p bad

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

qirex posted:

we use lync and it's ok but we don't use any of the audio/video features, just chat and screen sharing

way to light the Shaggar signal

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

way to light the Shaggar signal

*bing*bing*bing*bing*bing* it's the shaggar signal *bing*bing*bing*bing*bing*

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

AtomD posted:

lync federation is cool cause now i can know for sure that a supplier is ignoring my email instead of them maybe just not being at their desk

that sounds terrible; i don't want people getting on my back two minutes after sending me mail

pram
Jun 10, 2001

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

bart cars look nothing like that, immersion ruined

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

also that's teapot not shaggar

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
somebody link me a good teapot thread

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

there are companies irl who still do not use corporate im or use dumb crap like Skype. its unbelievable.

we dont use lync, but is there no lync app for ios?

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
everywhere I've worked that used lync had it whitelisted to internal ips only. unless you're vpning on your phone constantly an iOS app would be dumb.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
there ar eprobably plenty of orgs who allow external access.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
i allow external access if u know what i mean ;)

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
im only gonna post in this thread from now on

gas the other ms thread plz

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

born on a buy you posted:

everywhere I've worked that used lync had it whitelisted to internal ips only. unless you're vpning on your phone constantly an iOS app would be dumb.

sounds real dumb
i set ours up so it works with ios/android/wp from outside, there's open federation and also federation with skype
tbh skype federation is a pain in the dick to explain to anyone (the skype user must have a microsoft account and also there's a weird syntax to the addresses)

tho if our company was larger and i had to work with separate teams to get the natting/dns records, certificates and reverse proxy poo poo all done id probably have said fuckit

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Cocoa Crispies posted:

*bing*bing*bing*bing*bing* it's the shaggar signal *bing*bing*bing*bing*bing*

hey look a bing that finds things

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

flakeloaf posted:

hey i am generally not a fan of microsoft's products but often i find bing to be superior over google imho

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
oh my god, sniep is actually old man satya nadella!!!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
it's not that microsoft has any real relevant level of excellence or even competence with bing

it's that google keeps making GBS threads up their results worse and worse and worse and bing is relatively unfiltered

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

flakeloaf posted:

that's a first

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Sniep posted:

hey i am generally not a fan of microsoft's products but often i find bing to be superior over google imho

don't try to use bing! to find technet documents

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sudo Echo posted:

also that's teapot not shaggar

rnt they 1 in da same

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

don't try to use bing! to find technet documents

especially not MS ones