Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
Oh man those things were cool looking. My friend and I both had one, a hatch for him and a notch for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So I went down to Fair Park (dates back to the art deco period.. many museums, and home to the State Fair of Texas), hoping to get some photos of the buildings. And re-shoot the giant Texas Star ferris wheel now that I have a wider lens.

And I did get the photo I wanted:

Got close to the ferris wheel... hear a lot of music. Turns out there was a low rider/classic car show, and I was just walking into the tail end of it. It ended in 15 minutes, so I wasn't exactly keen on paying $15 to get in, so I shot a few photos of cars in front of the buildings. Then while waiting for my bus, caught a bunch of really awesome ones leaving.

Click the teaser photo for a small album. Quick and dirty camera work since I was also waiting on a bus.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

InitialDave posted:

Ironic, really.

Edit: Oh, man, it's been a long time since I've even seen one of these, never mind one in decent nick. Any UK goons want to take the punt?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Silvia-S12-1-8-turbo-/271555986588?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3f39ff849c

Australia got those, but badged as the Nissan Gazelle. They had the gutless CA20E motor in it, which made a mockery of the name.

reddeathdrinker
Aug 5, 2003

Scotland the What?

InitialDave posted:

Ironic, really.

Edit: Oh, man, it's been a long time since I've even seen one of these, never mind one in decent nick. Any UK goons want to take the punt?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Silvia-S12-1-8-turbo-/271555986588?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3f39ff849c

3 brothers used to live across the road from me back in the day when they were new - they each had one of those, a red, a white and a black one, with sequential registration numbers...

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

:haw:

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!
Went down to a show and shine and ran into a goon who never posts. He won 'best modern car' for his XR6 - he'll never post them so here:

and here it is with the intake replaced with a plush turbo

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Looks like he turbo charged a non turbo motor. Interesting way to go about things

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

You Am I posted:

Looks like he turbo charged a non turbo motor. Interesting way to go about things

I'm not sure why you say that but that started life as an XR6 Turbo.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It looks like that turbo is big enough for the factory one to fit inside the intake hole.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

You Am I posted:

That's a normal thing to do :confused:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

That's a normal thing to do :confused:

Not when the falcon comes with a factory turbo motor. But it's a moot point because that one is a factory turbo.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Slavvy posted:

Not when the falcon comes with a factory turbo motor. But it's a moot point because that one is a factory turbo.

Oh I get that, but I was just saying putting a turbo on a non-turbo car is a pretty normal thing to do

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

From the OSHA.jpg thread

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

:haw: I want one.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
JNC had an article this morning about Rocket Craft, a Japanese stuffed animal house that makes bad rear end stuffed cars...

... and stuffed 13Bs.

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/2014/07/29/art-corner-rocket-crafts-stuffed-cars-are-the-cutest-thing-ever/

ExtremeODD
Jul 16, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That thing hasn't been scrapped yet? Do an update!

Wont post more here because of the lack of awesome, well I think it is but whatever. Ill find somewhere to do a photodump of it. Been putting it to work hauling wood, air conditioners, fridges, etc. So far hasnt killed me or anyone else and I get a lot of complements (ALWAYS redneck guys in pickups) so I cant complain for the low price of $0.00.

That strap isnt structural or anything like it, just got stuck and I dont want to cut it. And yes that backwall is the rear hatch door moved forward, no cutting required :D.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The patina....it's perfect.

This is what it's "should" look like

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Am I in the right thread? Is this a Cortina, or a Granada? Either way, I think I could sleep flat out in the back.

"It is not done well; but you are surprised to find it done at all."

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Teach posted:

Am I in the right thread? Is this a Cortina, or a Granada? Either way, I think I could sleep flat out in the back.

Is that not one of thoese airport shuttles from way back when?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Teach posted:

The front end looks like a Granada front end. Not sure about the tail end.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, it's Granada.

I think this is actually the same car at an earlier stage?

OneOverZero
Oct 14, 2005

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT SEALED BEAMS
Daily life in Asheville, NC.

The CJ has been parked outside a building down the road from me for over a month - has a promo sign in the bucket. I keep hoping a For Sale sign will pop up...

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

OneOverZero posted:

Daily life in Asheville, NC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5GnBvpFnzA

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

How can that lunatic possibly still be alive? gently caress you Darwin do your bloody job.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Slavvy posted:

How can that lunatic possibly still be alive? gently caress you Darwin do your bloody job.

How dare you say that about Red Green!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Talking poo poo about Red Green should be an AI bannable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bZIcMcSXZk

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jul 30, 2014

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The Range Rover Sport SVR has just run an 8m14s lap of the 'ring.

That's, err, quite quick for a :btroll:. I'm not entirely enthusiastic about the whole "fast SUV" thing, but God drat.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

InitialDave posted:

The Range Rover Sport SVR has just run an 8m14s lap of the 'ring.

That's, err, quite quick for a :btroll:. I'm not entirely enthusiastic about the whole "fast SUV" thing, but God drat.

Looks insane at speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2o2GnLbmhU

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

Wasabi the J posted:

Talking poo poo about Red Green should be an AI bannable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bZIcMcSXZk

Pretty much. Also thanks for helping me waste my day. Red Green's Official Youtube has... all of the episodes

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST

You've just made my day.

I want to be this man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niegc7QcilM

SlimManFat fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jul 30, 2014

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Stanced VW's aren't normally AI, but having the balls to drive them on the streets of São Paulo, which is full of potholes, ripples, and tall/narrow speed bumps, is pretty cool. These guys were heading to a group meeting of older VW's (which are common in Brasil but not as nice as these were).
I especially like the Brasilia.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z72gm8tMGiU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Looks like the Subakill competition is already well underway.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
my favorite Corvette generation

XtaC
Feb 17, 2011
Ohhhh ... I spy a Plazmaman plenum there .... I've got some of the same stuff of mah Terry :D

tobu posted:

Went down to a show and shine and ran into a goon who never posts. He won 'best modern car' for his XR6 - he'll never post them so here:

and here it is with the intake replaced with a plush turbo

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
The rebuild is almost complete.

More here.

That license plate...:dance:

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

Boomerjinks posted:

More here.

Beautiful

edit: But did he do the gas tanks?

Aureus fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jul 31, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Boomerjinks posted:

More here.

thank you, rear end in a top hat

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Looks like the Subakill competition is already well underway.

I love that they used that wheel / tire combo. That looks so drat good :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jul 31, 2014