Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Argas posted:

You forgot the part where the replacement is worse/buggier than the system it's supposed to replace.

At least there's probably no way SE can accidentally murder everyone's chocobos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

DizzyBum posted:

If you're talking about the big lifebar of your current target that shows who it's targeting and THEIR lifebar, then yeah, I always have that displayed. I just don't like having to visually find and select the tank's target every time.
Click on the bar showing the health of the thing being targeted by your current target.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Nukacola posted:

Hunts on Excalibur are 100% fine, the TS system is loving astoundingly good, git gud nerds. All glory to Vandes Aan.
I only took the data and put it into a system. The people who helped me build the data set so I could analyze should have most of the credit, I just made sense of it.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Zereth posted:

Click on the bar showing the health of the thing being targeted by your current target.

Oh hey, I didn't even think to try that. Thanks, that's good to know along with the keyboard shortcut since I sometimes like to just use the mouse.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Interesting, they used "Siva" instead of Shiva. Probably means nothing, and might just be a spelling mistake, but it certainly caught my eye I scrolled.

"Si" and "Shi" are two different romanizations of the same character (シ). It's just an odd choice of spelling.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

ElMaligno posted:

wtb someone to eat cragburger HM, cant finish it :(

All of that food is about to go flying off the plate.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

ElMaligno posted:

wtb someone to eat cragburger HM, cant finish it :(

This dish wins by a landslide.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Sons Of Man! Devourers of my charbroileds!

I wonder if the Titan is made of something edible.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Galaga Galaxian posted:

It's a sheet of nori.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

It looks like dried seaweed, so: Yeah.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Are they allowed to server alcohol? We could get some Titan Mudslides. :v:

Layered mudslide variant called "Weight of the Land".

There you go, S-E. That one's free. Because I like you.

Alternatley:

quote:

Bow down, overdweller! (Under this steak!)

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
I tried to eat that burger, but every time I thought I took a bite, it was still untouched in my hands.

Eventually I decided to eat some fries, but I'd only ever eaten fries once before, so the ketchup got everywhere and it was a huge mess.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

pksage posted:

I tried to eat that burger, but every time I thought I took a bite, it was still untouched in my hands.

Eventually I decided to eat some fries, but I'd only ever eaten fries once before, so the ketchup got everywhere and it was a huge mess.

I can't get past the last 30% of the burger

Will pay 300k gil to have someone walk me through it, PST

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Leviathan: A shot of blue curacao, then we push you down onto the floor.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Just wait until the Titan extreme burger. The plate gets so tiny and there are smaller Egi Burgers you gotta eat too.

A true Gastrocrush.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

smaller Egi Burgers

Landsliders?

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I'm going to wait until BlueGatr eats the burger so I can see how they did it.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Q: What's the cheapest drink at the primal bar?

A: The Infernal Rail.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Who Early Pulled Pork Sandwich.

:9

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Rei_ posted:

Who Early Pulled Pork Sandwich.

:9

:golfclap:

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Deviant posted:

Leviathan: A shot of blue curacao, then we push you down onto the floor.

also if you order the drink from the wrong bartender you get punched in the face instead

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So what are Ramuh's menu items?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
One thing I like about this game so far is that not only is it very very pretty, it's also very very well optimized. I tried running it at 4k with super-sampled anti aliasing but my computer started to cry tears of acid and lava so I downgraded to 1440p and now it's at a stable 60 again.

What a good lookin' game. Too bad about the distance AA though, I don't know if there's a way to actually fix that. I also have to size up all my hud elements because playing at such a big res makes them teeny tiny. :v:

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Everything off of Ramuh's menu comes with a little beard attached to it.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CJacobs posted:

One thing I like about this game so far is that not only is it very very pretty, it's also very very well optimized. I tried running it at 4k with super-sampled anti aliasing but my computer started to cry tears of acid and lava so I downgraded to 1440p and now it's at a stable 60 again.

What a good lookin' game. Too bad about the distance AA though, I don't know if there's a way to actually fix that. I also have to size up all my hud elements because playing at such a big res makes them teeny tiny. :v:

This game has magical aliasing. Like there should be NONE with SSAA and yet there you have it, aliased edges in the distance. :psyduck:

dangersandwich
May 18, 2014

What AA settings are you using? I've been trying to tweak SMAA injection using RadeonPro, but I still get some pretty bad jaggies. Downsampling is always going to look the best but I want to go for a balance of image quality and performance to avoid excessive GPU temps.

Gentleman Owl
Apr 29, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Judgement Salad. Mixture of green iceberg lettuce and purple cabbage.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

dangersandwich posted:

What AA settings are you using? I've been trying to tweak SMAA injection using RadeonPro, but I still get some pretty bad jaggies. Downsampling is always going to look the best but I want to go for a balance of image quality and performance to avoid excessive GPU temps.

I use the settings at the top of page 759:

Elentor posted:

To force SSAA in a GeForce you can download NVIDIA Inspector, force the flag 0x004012C5 for AntiAliasing Compatibility, use AntiAliasing Setting "4x [4x Multisampling]", AntiAliasing - Transparency Multisampling as "Disabled" and AntiAliasing - Transparency Supersampling as "4x Sparse Grid Supersampling". You can also try with 2x but results look a bit weird in some places.

Do it at your own risk, it's very taxing on the GPU. It looks a lot better than SSAA would on other games because FFXIV has a truckload of temporal aliasing even on textures, not just on polygon edges. I don't really know what causes it, but you'll immediately notice the entire image as much cleaner. Not to mention grass and trees will no longer look like they're having convulsions.

My computer is super beefy so I can run it in this way with almost no performance detriment, but I've yet to see a computer that can run games at 4k with super-sampling that didn't cost like 3000+ dollars. :v:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dangersandwich posted:

He's also running an Nvidia card. Currently I don'th know of a way to force SSAA for AMD cards. Best option is RadeonPro. Also, there seems to be NOTHING capable of removing all the jagged edges.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I hope they offer a nine course meal called the Buffet Coil of Bahamut.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
For desert you have the Good Cake Marble Mog

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
CHOW DOWN, OVERDWELLER

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Bowl of Embers is easy, just serve up extra spicy curry rice in a bowl.

...Oh man, I am really glad I'm about to go to lunch.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
They're having a hard time getting waiters. When one comes out of the kitchen with food a hundred people jump on the poor bastard and tear him to pieces.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Dragoon exclusive drink, Bottom of the Fuzzy Navel.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

BGrifter posted:

They're having a hard time getting waiters. When one comes out of the kitchen with food a hundred people jump on the poor bastard and tear him to pieces.

And then there's always some rear end in a top hat that has to start shouting in the restaurant afterwards. It's first come first serve, nobody has to wait for anyone to show up before you start eating! :colbert:

dangersandwich
May 18, 2014

Stanley Pain posted:

He's also running an Nvidia card. Currently I don'th know of a way to force SSAA for AMD cards. Best option is RadeonPro. Also, there seems to be NOTHING capable of removing all the jagged edges.

Try this for OGSSAA:

dangersandwich posted:

Give this a shot: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509076 (guide for AMD cards within)

In Catalyst Control Center the default options for AA are MS, adaptive MS, and SS, but the the Catalyst drivers only allow sparse grid SSAA for DX10/11 games like XIV, as opposed to OGSSAA (downsampling). Whether OG or SG works better depends on the implementation and I'll have to screw around with it tonight.

To enable SGSSAA on AMD cards, try this under "How to set it up:" http://naturalviolence.webs.com/sgssaa.htm

Let me know which ones kills the jaggies better.

edit: I found this post of some guy who tested SGSSAA on XIV with bad results.

edit 2: more poo poo

dangersandwich fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 29, 2014

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

DizzyBum posted:

And then there's always some rear end in a top hat that has to start shouting in the restaurant afterwards. It's first come first serve, nobody has to wait for anyone to show up before you start eating! :colbert:

I really enjoyed the cafe the first time I went, but it was really empty then. Every time I've gone since Ryu Monjin, Strawberry Panties, and bunch of other Mor Dhonans have just been making GBS threads up the environment with their shouting.

The only reason I keep coming back is that Twelvewood Casserole. I've never seen so many layers.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Freak Futanari posted:

CHOW DOWN, OVERDWELLER

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

DizzyBum posted:

Started running LNC in dungeons for a change of pace from tanking, planning to max DRG and not suck at it. I love WAR but tanking new content is stressful, so I figured I'd go into stuff and learn it in a role that carries less responsibility.

What's the easiest way to target the tank's target? Surely there must be a better method than looking at the target bar and picking out the mob with the matching letter marking.

Also, in case you hadn't noticed from your own tanking experiences, tanks kinda change targets a lot to make sure they have solid threat on everything. (Or at least, they should.) "Whatever the tank happens to be targeting at the moment when I check" may very well not be "what I should actually be killing right now". In other words, even as a DPS you should take some responsibility for making good decisions.

If the mobs are being numbered: follow the numbering scheme unless it's really really dumb (e.g. some enemy that'll die in two or three GCDs is being left for later), in which case see the following advice.

If the mobs are not being numbered: use your own judgment from tanking experiences to figure out what needs to go first. Generally that means "things that can hurt a lot" (such as bees or bombs) or "things that spam annoying movement-forcing AoE" or "things that'll die and be out of our hair unusually fast".

- As a dragoon, you will particularly appreciate it when the tank no longer has to move to get out of AoE. Actually being able to get your Heavy Thrust buff and do your Impulse Drive combo, rather than being thwarted by spinning enemies, is really nice. Take this lesson back with you when you're tanking yourself.

If the mobs are not being numbered but none of them stand out as "must die first": fling some AoE early on so everything's on your aggro list, and then you can check the enemies' HP on your aggro list and select the lowest-HP target there.

• Locked thread