Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Inzombiac posted:

Just use cocoa powder, you loving morons!

But that doesn't have the sugar in it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Lifehack: You can cut off both of your hands at once by holding a hatchet in each hand and swinging them at each other at the same time in a crazy zig-zaggy way.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Quiet Feet posted:

Lifehack: You can cut off both of your hands at once by holding a hatchet in each hand and swinging them at each other at the same time in a crazy zig-zaggy way.

I only had a pocket knife and a box cutter on-hand, but I think you're onto something here!

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Rad Tad posted:

hack your fatass quick before mom gets home

Step 1: Get Oreos
Step 2: Mash up Oreos
Step 3: Disregard Oreos and get the pepper
Step 4: Cover vanilla ice cream with freshly ground pepper before you eat it.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Pneub posted:

I only had a pocket knife and a box cutter on-hand, but I think you're onto something here!

Lifehack: if you lose fingat, go to hospital and post mote later

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Step 1: Get Oreos
Step 2: Mash up Oreos
Step 3: Disregard Oreos and get the pepper
Step 4: Cover vanilla ice cream with freshly ground pepper before you eat it.

That would make for a good prank.

Here's a stupider food hack:

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
If you must grind up cookies in a pepper mill why use oreos? You are causing so much work for yourself since oreos have cream. The better choice if you must is to use wafers

Lifehack:
If you are going to be fat and lazy be fat and lazy properly

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Optimist with doubt posted:

If you must grind up cookies in a pepper mill why use oreos? You are causing so much work for yourself since oreos have cream. The better choice if you must is to use wafers

Lifehack:

Because you can then eat a bowl of oreo cream, duh.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I feel :smug: as hell because I've been crushing Oreos by hand for my ice cream since forever ago.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

You guys are good at making these things.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Why microwave it? That's a trip across the house and lots of waiting. Just eat it out of the jar. Don't forget to make a spoon rest out of a paper towel beforehand, though.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Why microwave it? That's a trip across the house and lots of waiting. Just eat it out of the jar. Don't forget to make a spoon rest out of a paper towel beforehand, though.

If you're reduced to eating pork'n'beans you might as well just eat it out of the can like the homeless person you are or are about to become.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Lifehack: Never pay rent or utilities again, and increase your free time by 12-16 hours per day by becoming a hobo!

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Coffee And Pie posted:

Lifehack: if you lose fingat, go to hospital and post mote later

The pocket knife was barely heavy enough to break the skin with a chopping motion with my wrists at that angle, and forget about the box cutter. I'm gonna have to buy another hatchet, I'll keep you posted.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

lifehack use a razor to shave slivers of soap to take with you when you travel

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
You can store toilet paper more easily if you take it off the rolls and stuff it all into a large bag

#lifehacks

twoday
May 4, 2005

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Optimist with doubt posted:

Lifehack:

You would be surprised how many people don't actually know that plain chocolate wafers are a Thing. There used to be a yearly DIY Christmas presents thread in GBS, and one of the popular recipes is Oreo truffles - it's basically crushed oreos mashed together with cream cheese and coffee liquor, then covered in chocolate.

Every year, someone asks if they should leave the cream in the oreos or not (you're supposed to leave the cream). And every year, a handful of idiots admit that they spend the time separating the cookies and individually scraping the cream out of each one and then throwing it out. I don't know if they think the cookie bits of Oreo cookies have special powers or something, they're just normal cocoa biscuits.

So there are people on this very forum who have taken the time to turn a whole package of Oreos into plain chocolate biscuits by hand because it never occurred to them that those exist as a product.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Mmm, that's a good idea for when I have my 36 Oreo snack binges!

twoday
May 4, 2005

I'm losing the ability to distinguish real life hacks from their parodies. Is there even a difference?

Rub mayonnaise and vinegar on your face #lifehack

Be an rear end in a top hat #lifehack

Store things on a shelf #lifehack

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

That's probably a handy tip if you are looking to stay on unemployment benefits a while longer but still need to send out resumes.

Handy if I ever have to find myself prepping first-aid kits for a bunch of people in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

To that end, everyone should buy bars of silver. It's a better precious metal to invest in than gold because if the zombie apocalypse is werewolves instead, you'll be set.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

twoday posted:

I'm losing the ability to distinguish real life hacks from their parodies. Is there even a difference?

Store things on a shelf #lifehack

A drawer, technically - but next we'll be telling people how to put on their pants and calling it a lifehack.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

And every year, a handful of idiots admit that they spend the time separating the cookies and individually scraping the cream out of each one and then throwing it out.

What.

What. No.

If you do not make a giant ball of pure diabetes and then scarf it down like the sad gently caress you know you are, then why even continue living. Why, I ask.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

StrangersInTheNight posted:

You would be surprised how many people don't actually know that plain chocolate wafers are a Thing. There used to be a yearly DIY Christmas presents thread in GBS, and one of the popular recipes is Oreo truffles - it's basically crushed oreos mashed together with cream cheese and coffee liquor, then covered in chocolate.

Every year, someone asks if they should leave the cream in the oreos or not (you're supposed to leave the cream). And every year, a handful of idiots admit that they spend the time separating the cookies and individually scraping the cream out of each one and then throwing it out. I don't know if they think the cookie bits of Oreo cookies have special powers or something, they're just normal cocoa biscuits.

So there are people on this very forum who have taken the time to turn a whole package of Oreos into plain chocolate biscuits by hand because it never occurred to them that those exist as a product.

Can you get specifically Oreos without cream? I've known a couple weirdos who insisted store-brand or any type of chocolate cream sandwiches that weren't Oreos didn't taste good enough for their refined palates.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

he knows...
An "oreo" is effectively just a chocolate wafer with cream in the middle. The example I posted above is one but there are others.

Also regarding this

As white trash as it is, it's a handy way to bring booze into a place with high booze prices.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Don't mind me, nothing to see here, I'm just wandering around this music festival occasionally doing shots of Listerine

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

he knows...
I've seen weirder things at a music festival. I was thinking more along the lines of cruise ships.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
Lifehack: Put toothpaste directly on your toothbrush to better control how much you squeeze out.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Lifehack: If you hide your booze inside a brown paper bag, no one knows you're drunk on the train.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Tiggum posted:

Lifehack: If you hide your booze inside a brown paper bag, no one knows you're drunk on the train.

Lifehack: If you hide booze inside your body, you will be drunk and won't need to sneak your booze around!

Boozehack: If you want to be drunk at work secretly, inject the booze directly into your anus. You can get drunk fast without having people smell alcohol on your breathe!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Tiggum posted:

Don't want to everyone on the train to know you're drunk? Simply drive your own car!

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Thesaurus posted:

Boozehack: If you want to be drunk at work secretly, inject the booze directly into your anus. You can get drunk fast without having people smell alcohol on your breathe!
Nice try, but what if I happen to work as an anus model?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SLOSifl posted:

Nice try, but what if I happen to work as an anus model?

They probably expect you to be drunk if your job's that lovely.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

im pooping! posted:

I feel :smug: as hell because I've been crushing Oreos by hand for my ice cream since forever ago.

The ill deserved smugness of the half-ton goon

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This one isn't even right. They made "You" Person of the Year.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Thesaurus posted:

Avoid farting though.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

twoday posted:

This right here is real - I have a pair of jeans I use for riding where the zip falls down when you walk around, this trick saved me the price of a new pair.

I mean, this hack hacked my life.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The real life hack is only using jeans with buttons on the fly :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Thesaurus posted:

Have you tried it? Because I have and it doesn't work.

#HAX