Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
Better strap in cause this lifehack right here is gonna blow your minds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Wandle Cax posted:

I think it's more stupid to try and jam a large spoon into the hole on a sauce pan handle. You should just get a spoon dish to rest it on, a cheap one is probably not expensive. Or just use a small plate or bowl! Life hacks

Yea, that one was especially stupid looking, with the guy splattering sauce everywhere throwing the spoon down on the stove like some kind of freaked out idiot. All it needs is a THANKS OBAMA! on it.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Karma Monkey posted:

Yea, that one was especially stupid looking, with the guy splattering sauce everywhere throwing the spoon down on the stove like some kind of freaked out idiot. All it needs is a THANKS OBAMA! on it.

It had all the irate energy of an infomercial. That bit should have been in b/w

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Seriously, has nobody seen spoon holders/plates/whatever in their lives? Hell, just put down a square of paper towel if you don't have one.

On the other hand, the bread in the cookies thing is legit, my grandma taught me that trick back when I was like, 5.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Choco1980 posted:

Seriously, has nobody seen spoon holders/plates/whatever in their lives? Hell, just put down a square of paper towel if you don't have one.
Or just put the spoon on the bench, then wipe the bench down when you're done (which you should be doing anyway). Then you won't even need to wash an extra plate or waste some paper.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Nastyman posted:

Better strap in cause this lifehack right here is gonna blow your minds

That spoon would melt if that pot was on a burner.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

mr. mephistopheles posted:

That spoon would melt if that pot was on a burner.

Look at this scrub who doesn't have silicon spoons.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Tiggum posted:

Or just put the spoon on the bench, then wipe the bench down when you're done (which you should be doing anyway). Then you won't even need to wash an extra plate or waste some paper.

Washing the spoon resting dish would take about 0.5 milliseconds and you should already be washing dishes anyway, so it doesn't matter either way does it.

hohum
Mar 17, 2010

umoms.

razorrozar posted:

It's produced by your own body and flows directly into your mouth with no contact with anything else. What's gross about that? Do you also dislike the taste of your palate?

If your mouth is a disaster area then I could see how you might be grossed out by your own saliva.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Meatwave posted:

Look at this scrub who doesn't have silicon spoons.

The picture is poo poo so it's hard to tell but it looks like the corners of the spoon are already melted from it being plastic.

Also if you don't use wooden spoons for cooking you can go gently caress yourself.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

The picture is poo poo so it's hard to tell but it looks like the corners of the spoon are already melted from it being plastic.

Also if you don't use wooden spoons for cooking you can go gently caress yourself.

Spoons and spoon rests are .99 at .99 Only. What are you waiting for?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Beat the heat this summer by sleeping all day and using night time as your free time!

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

It's a silicon spoon and it's just old and worn, like my camera.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

darkhand posted:

Beat the heat this summer by sleeping all day and using night time as your free time!

The life of a morning radio show host. Use foil on the windows to make it dark enough to sleep.

A career in radio is the stupid life hack.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Antifreeze Head posted:

The life of a morning radio show host. Use foil on the windows to make it dark enough to sleep.

By the time my day is half over, McDonald's is still serving breakfast :smith:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Antifreeze Head posted:

No, I want to be paid poo poo with no job security, but my ego's too big to work fast food!

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Tired of chewing? Take a tip from the animal kingdom and vomit over your food before sucking up the rest.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Really Pants posted:

Your intestinal tract is never not touching doody.

Tired of paying for horror books? Read this sentence and never need to pay for scary stories again! There's a skeleton inside your body. :eek:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

President Ark posted:

Tired of paying for horror books? Read this sentence and never need to pay for scary stories again! There's a skeleton inside your body. :eek:
I don't know what dumb video to link in response this or that.

I don't think I used enough jpeg compression.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Croccers posted:

I don't know what dumb video to link in response this or that.

I don't think I used enough jpeg compression.

Edit I am a moron.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Stop getting angry at whatever cooking utensils other people decide to use you sperglord.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

twoday posted:

This is also a a giant steaming pile of terrible advice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rHWUki86N8

Gets good at 2:12

You have no idea how badly I wanted to see him put that knife right through his hand with the can of beans bullshit, and then again when he was cutting bread with those terrible knife handling skills...

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

SLOSifl posted:

Keep your pants on when you poo poo, no more messy bathroom experiences!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

My wife had a cousin who bought some intentionally distressed jeans with holes in the knees, as was the fashion a few years ago.
Grandma came to visit and did the laundry, and sewed patches into all the holes after he'd only worn them once :3:

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
How much can you love a pair of jeans so much that sewing over the stain is option A before just buying new pants?

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
Uhhh.. I don't get the spoon chat. Like, why do you need to rest the spoon on anything? Why not just loving leave it resting IN the pan?

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009

Ewan posted:

Uhhh.. I don't get the spoon chat. Like, why do you need to rest the spoon on anything? Why not just loving leave it resting IN the pan?

If it's a sauce or something you don't want it getting all up the neck of the spoon.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Grape Juice Vampire posted:

If it's a sauce or something you don't want it getting all up the neck of the spoon.

Or heating up the spoon to the point of pain. I burned myself on a silicon(e?) spoon that had been steamed for ten minutes.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Just buy a jar of sauce from the supermarket and microwave that poo poo. Cooking-hacks.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Lifehack: Fold up a paper towel into a neat square, put it on your counter and place your sauce spoon on it. The dirty paper towel can be thrown away after use!

Lifehack: Lick dirty sauce spoon clean and put it anywhere whatever its clean.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

Grape Juice Vampire posted:

Two questions:
1. Why is resting it going to make it go further up the neck than stirring it? Given that when you stir you should be touching the bottom anyway
2. Why do you care if sauce "gets all up the neck of the spoon"? You're going to wash it anyway.

I'm seriously confused. The heating point is valid I suppose, but I don't think I've ever come across such a poorly designed spoon/spatula/etc that conducts heat like that.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Dude, seriously, the thread isn't even that long yet and this is the 3rd (or 4th?) time this has been posted.

#SAHack Dont even READ the thread. Takes too long.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

EZipperelli posted:

Dude, seriously, the thread isn't even that long yet and this is the 3rd (or 4th?) time this has been posted.

#SAHack Dont even READ the thread. Takes too long.

As far as I'm concerned that's the best lifehack in here.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

ulvir posted:

Stop getting angry at whatever cooking utensils other people decide to use you sperglord.

Thank you for your very serious response to my very serious post on internet comedy forum somethingawful.com.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Need money in a hurry? Sell your prescription medicine to teens or desperate homeless people!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Morpheus posted:

Or heating up the spoon to the point of pain. I burned myself on a silicon(e?) spoon that had been steamed for ten minutes.

:eng101:Silicone. Silicon is sand and computer chips, silicone is in your kitchen and in fake boobs.

Lifehack: Is your drink at a warmer temperature than you'd like? Freeze some small blocks of water beforehand to put in your drinks and cool them down in no time.

Coffee Wolf
Oct 12, 2007

Mmmmm Banana

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

hack your fatass quick before mom gets home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rad Tad posted:

hack your fatass quick before mom gets home

Just use cocoa powder, you loving morons!