Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I like it. It's a nice changeup of the same style.

Also, more Johnny & The King!

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/johnny-the-king-2/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Bolo Man lol

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The bears one might be the loving best. It's not even a drat gimmick, just straight up Mike Ditka in a Bears-branded sweater vest.

edit:

Febreeze, you're loving crazy if you think a large number of these aren't avatar worthy.

If I would just admit my huge Buc's fandom, I'd already be sporting the Tampa Two.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jul 29, 2014

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!
All I can think of looking at the Cardinals one is that I wasn't expecting anyone other than Iowa State to ever make the connection (?) between cardinals and cyclones.

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

JT Jag posted:

What Titans one? I only see three AFC South guys.

He's probably hanging out at his second home.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Is the Panthers one a nod to Johnny Fiveaces?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Breaky posted:

Is the Panthers one a nod to Johnny Fiveaces?

No, actually...I dunno.

I made these so long ago it's hard to remember what I was thinking at the time.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

I definitely call dibs on the Colts one. I've needed a Colts avatar for way too long at this point.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

No, actually...I dunno.

I made these so long ago it's hard to remember what I was thinking at the time.

Riverboat Ron, mang. That's what I thought, anyway.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Who wants to see some rejected versions?

Texans - The Refiner

Had control over Oil, could synthesize oil out of nothing, is currently being held hostage by the US Government
Rejected for - They got skeptical about it being more Oilers than Texans. Fair enough.

Jags - HedgeTrimmer

Was a gardener who turned to vigilante justice and create sweet bush art.
Rejected for - Well he's pretty stupid. The Jags were hard to come up with a good idea for

Lions - Motor Man

Basically robocop on wheels. Young gun who got messed up, rebuilt as a cyborg, now super fast and fights crime
Rejected For - They didn't seem to get the Motor City references I was going for, so I literally just renamed him MotorTron to link it to megatron and made him huge.

Eagles - D-Cell

Flew really fast via a battery power pack strapped to his back, never ran out of energy as long as he was charged
Rejected for- being too mean to Philly. But they were okay with Mild-cat and were trying to push the Dolphins one into being an rear end in a top hat bully

Buccaneers - Contagion

Super villain who was infected with horrible disease and must live his life in a quarantine suit. Went nuts, now tries to destroy those who infected him, with no regard for anyone in his way.
Rejected for - Schiano got fired so the MRSA joke wasn't as funny now

Bills - Machine Gun Kelly

Crazy guy gets abandoned in the frozen tundra of upstate NY, adopts the theme of a buffalo and replaces his arms with Gatling guns.
Rejected for - Jim Kelly got cancer right as I finished it, thought to be insensitive

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
The Falcons one is so spot on it's hilarious. Before I read the text, I thought to myself there is a Falcons superhero named "The Falcon" who is basically wearing an alternate jersey and has nothing special or appealing about him...nailed it!

e:

Rams guy looks like a Battle Beast...I approve.

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 29, 2014

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
HedgeTrimmer actually looks pretty baller.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Bort Bortles posted:

:allears:

I am envisioning the Jaguars are some lovely ancillary superhero that dies just because of our lack of fans.

Tinkerbell w/out clapping.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I love the Raiders one

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Is there a reason the Jaguars one couldn't have been Jaxon DeVille wearing a badly tied on 'human' mask? Anyhoo, all funny. Nice work!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I love the Steelers one, I mean if we are going to be egotistical assholes at least I can imagine him being the Tony Stark brand of rear end in a top hat.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Febreeze posted:

Buccaneers - Contagion

Super villain who was infected with horrible disease and must live his life in a quarantine suit. Went nuts, now tries to destroy those who infected him, with no regard for anyone in his way.
Rejected for - Schiano got fired so the MRSA joke wasn't as funny now

This is loving great

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Febreeze posted:

Eagles - D-Cell

Flew really fast via a battery power pack strapped to his back, never ran out of energy as long as he was charged
Rejected for- being too mean to Philly. But they were okay with Mild-cat and were trying to push the Dolphins one into being an rear end in a top hat bully

This is the best one of the whole lot, goddamn :allears:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I can't believe no one has taken this av yet.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fenrir posted:

I can't believe no one has taken this av yet.

I totally would, I but am waiting for a Ravens fan take it.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Can someone make the Raiders one into an AV? I should probably buy one after being on this forum for over a decade.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The Bears one should have been just Ditka. Text: Ditka.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

achillesforever6 posted:

I love the Steelers one, I mean if we are going to be egotistical assholes at least I can imagine him being the Tony Stark brand of rear end in a top hat.

He hosed up by not making them a Super Villain called The Attention Stealer.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Chichevache posted:

He hosed up by not making them a Super Villain called The Attention Stealer.

Nah I'm pretty happy I missed that opportunity actually

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Febreeze posted:

Bills - Machine Gun Kelly

Crazy guy gets abandoned in the frozen tundra of upstate NY, adopts the theme of a buffalo and replaces his arms with Gatling guns.
Rejected for - Jim Kelly got cancer right as I finished it, thought to be insensitive

Could he never kill anyone, because his bullets always went wide right?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MrLogan posted:

Can someone make the Raiders one into an AV? I should probably buy one after being on this forum for over a decade.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Someone actually put effort into this abomination. Spoiler, sbnation is a terrible, terrible place full of nightmares and unfunny jokes.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/7/30/5951183/gatorade-league-of-captains-flavors-mmmmmm

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 30, 2014

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

lol

The facepalm in the last frame. Nicely done, TB!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Perfection.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Febreeze posted:

Who wants to see some rejected versions?

Eagles - D-Cell

As I was going down the list, I was expecting a battery-related joke for the Eagles and was surprised it wasn't there. That explains it, but I like this guy better :v:

Perfection as always :D

Fhqwhgads fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 30, 2014

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Fhqwhgads posted:

Panel 10, "bmild nature"? Typo?

you didn't see poo poo

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

:smith:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Those are my two favorite panels of TMM yet.

It hurts so good. :smith:

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Thank you, sir.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

It got a little lost in the shuffle yesterday but yeah, more Johnny and the King

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/johnny-the-king-2/

Also if anyone else wants an avatar version of a hero just tell me which one and I'll make it for you

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I need dolphin man but he has to vibrate

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Ehud posted:

I need dolphin man but he has to vibrate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

loving delivers. Every. Time.

lmao

• Locked thread