Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Commander2x posted:

You don't need Implants for everything, use the power of your mind and THINK about a strategy that will help you overcome the obstacle or situation. This is what the human mind was meant to do, too bad SOE would rather you be mindless drones PAYING for sht you can easily think to do yourself.
You just need to use the power of your mind and think of a strategy that will overcome the obstacle or situation, because every time you actually attempt to overcome it you'll fail miserably or succeed in only the most bare technical sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap

Fans posted:

I sometimes go into despair mode over the lack of sensor dongs on both Miller and Mattherson. I'm going to end up playing nothing but Infiltrator eventually with a maxed out sensor dong, just because playing without one is awful now.

It's like having a Map Hack Burn Card from Titan Fall on all the time and that's considered one of the very best cards to have. Except it works even better because it shows peoples facing too! It is a completely ridiculous advantage and yet many a time I'll get to a fight and see neither side has put a dong down and have to go swap to infil to do it myself, then swim in a sea of free XP from the kills it gives.

Can't agree more. Both are so crazy powerful when you max them out. As silly as it sounds a high BR Infil as squad lead with a maxed out sensor package is pretty much as close to a "Commander" class this game has. You don't need to yell at people where the fight is when you can paint the entire enemy position with radar dongs and blips and highlight enemy sundies with smoke and Attack Req icons. Infil was my least played class until I fell in love with radar dots and :dong:s . Now its basically the only thing I play because its just so god drat powerful as a force modifier. Pubbies and Squaddies go from headless chickens running around the map to highly motivated and organized killing machines and I just roll in the passive recon XP that trickles my way and get flank kills erryday.

Clamps McGraw posted:

I still find more utility in max rank sensor darts than the Dong

Did you know you can use both at the same time? They live on timers! Once deployed they'll stay in the environment until they time out or you switch away from Infil. You can hot swap between both for maximum mini-map superiority. On defense I love to lay out a net of sensor dots to find the main artery of enemy flow and then deploy the dong as close to the enemy sundy as I can get it.

Recon leads the way! Invest in Radar Dongs today!

Nookovian-Red fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 30, 2014

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
Razor is really our best carbine in my opinion, not quite as specialized but your never in a situation where your at a major disadvantage. You can bring it to tower fights and out door slug fests and be just fine in each.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Bob Wins posted:

Razor is really our best carbine in my opinion, not quite as specialized but your never in a situation where your at a major disadvantage. You can bring it to tower fights and out door slug fests and be just fine in each.
Out of curiosity, why would you prefer it over the Mercenary for those particular generalist fights, given that it does better damage and handles pretty much the same? When I think "don't know what my NC Engi/LA is going to encounter" I think Merc first and foremost, because it really does do everything.

INKRO
Feb 7, 2012

quote:

Nobody in VS command chat likes him either, and apparently most of the Waterson crowd have him on ignore!

His name very faintly rings a bell, I think I've seen him argue in command chat once or twice way back in the day.

I guess it's something I usually miss out on as a solopubbie though. :v:

INKRO fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 30, 2014

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Nakar posted:

Out of curiosity, why would you prefer it over the Mercenary for those particular generalist fights, given that it does better damage and handles pretty much the same? When I think "don't know what my NC Engi/LA is going to encounter" I think Merc first and foremost, because it really does do everything.
X11.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

To be fair the X11 is awesome, but it doesn't do well in CQC.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Nakar posted:

Much easier to compensate for Up-Right recoil, better bullet velocity, slightly better reload speed.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Commander2x is even better on forumside:

Commander2x posted:

Here's why you talk too much out the side of your neck.

Out of 250k players on Waterson server I happen to be in the top 100, 1k, 2k, and 3k ALL - ALL TIME with a k/d of a meer .710 there goes your logic of this game.

Also I've been TKd 620 times making a very large slice in my Death toll/ k/d not to mention the FACT that if you play Waterson you will see me suicide more than any player I can think of due to actually having fun and blowing myself up on turbo flashs.

Not only AGAIN are these stats worthless THEY ARE NOT AN INDICATION of a players skill. You are just a sucker and maybe you should play something more your IQ level maybe Mickey Mouse Adventures

Oh and since I know you NEED to look my stats up go ahead - Waterson - Commander2x
also you can peep the youtube to feel swole about how a player with .710 k/d is murdering suckers left n right ktnx

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
That can't be a real person. It's like someone's trying too hard to win at shithead pubby bingo.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It's really kind of sad when you go watch his youtubes. He might actually be mentally handicapped, the way his mouse sort of wiggles its way over to stationary targets and misses :smith:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

alg posted:

Much easier to compensate for Up-Right recoil, better bullet velocity, slightly better reload speed.
Decent points, but the up-right recoil isn't easier to compensate for, it's just different (although it's not worse either, because the Razor's angle is fixed). And the Merc has slightly better baseline horizontal recoil, though the difference is somewhat miniscule and their tolerance is the same. The Razor would be noticeably better in situations where you have to magdump constantly as its long reload is much shorter than the Merc's is, but I've rarely had an issue with that when using 167 guns. 167/550 is a little slow for me when dealing with close range TTKs.

Granted in a tower fight I'd probably just use the Cyclone over either of them.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is he the same guy that made an alt and just sniped out of spawn shields until he had a KD of like 500/1 to prove some sort of point?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fart Car '97 posted:

It's really kind of sad when you go watch his youtubes. He might actually be mentally handicapped, the way his mouse sort of wiggles its way over to stationary targets and misses :smith:

God drat dude, way to make me feel bad for the guy.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

Commander2x posted:

murdering suckers left n right

with an amazing 4 KPH and an average of playing eight hours a day, he gets as much kills as a ok player gets in a one hour session.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fart Car '97 posted:

To be fair the X11 is awesome, but it doesn't do well in CQC.

I use 200 damage guns in CQC exclusively and find that they function perfectly fine. Their dps isn't even really that bad (equal to a VS starter or a TR S-variant) and despite what you'll be told by numerous pubbies, missing a bunch using a bullet hose will generally lose you fights against someone carefully landing most shots with a lower DPS gun in this game. If the aiming person lands a headshot (not to mention a 400 damage headshot) then it's almost a certainty.

Plus if you get good with mid-long range guns in CQC you've got weapons that will be utter face fuckers from 0-300m. Anybody who watches me play knows I run in first, stay at the front, and use 200 damage guns almost exclusively and I do just fine!

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Eonwe posted:

God drat dude, way to make me feel bad for the guy.

Commander2x posted:

Stafford Loans/ Scholarships/ PT job = I can pay for anything I need thank you, not everyone is out here to collect the highest $ amount some of us just live modest and value family over $$

Man's got priorities you jealous goons. Family over $$.

If by family you mean PS2.

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Commander2x

10 hours of PS2 a day for months. Man knows how to live.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Is he... playing on a 4:3 resolution monitor? In this, the Year of Our Luigi 2014?

...and his MAX allies are using ZOE...

...and he helps them out with smoke. :smith:

EDIT: Oh my God his DA stat site doesn't have enough information to create an IVI profile, I've never even seen that.

EDIT EDIT: He has sub-10 KPH with MAX AI arms. How is that even possible?

Nakar fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 30, 2014

ProfessorGroove
Jun 10, 2006

by Ion Helmet

BadLlama posted:

Is he the same guy that made an alt and just sniped out of spawn shields until he had a KD of like 500/1 to prove some sort of point?

I want to say that was DJ unicorn, noted TR pubby who I also think was banned at some point for playing stupid music over proximity. Why I know that I don't know.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Fart Car '97 posted:

Welp glad you pointed this out before i made myself look like a loving animal by making a campaign to make fun of him! I was going to tout him as VS's stew360/wisdomcube.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sedisp posted:

Man's got priorities you jealous goons. Family over $$.

If by family you mean PS2.

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Commander2x

10 hours of PS2 a day for months. Man knows how to live.

Ok nevermind, that is hilarious. "Family" life

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Commander2x posted:

Unlike yourself I have 2 kids (since my wife can actually have children) so loneliness is not an option. Also since my wife stays at home with the kids, she keeps my resource gain goin' in case I can't log into PS2 at that moment. (Boss standing there)

This is the most :smith: thing I read.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

is that guy making GBS threads on people whose wives can't have kids

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

alg posted:

Man, there's trash talking in MMOs and then there's that. I feel like that should be out of bounds.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

alg posted:

Also how does that even come into play on a video games forum. Not only his kids, but the discussion about whether or not someone else's wife can have kids or not. Basically, this guy is a really weird piece of poo poo.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

plays PS 10 hours a day. Wife on standbye to make sure the auto afk kick timer doesnt go off, this dudes got it made. His life owns.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Desideratus posted:

YESSSSSS COMMANDER2X! This guy is my fav, every time I see him use orders I issue a counter-orders wherein I mention his stats and how bad+dumb he is, and then just watch the meltdown. He made a video of my where I offered to get gay with him: "GAKU Desideratus - The butthurt stat nerd". Nobody in VS command chat likes him either, and apparently most of the Waterson crowd have him on ignore! I can post more screens of our convos if anyone cares~

Here's the video description, if you don't wanna click the link:

This guy has a 5 minute video of 'havin' fun' where he drives flashes off of cliffs, towers, shooting terminals and repairing them, and does pretty much anything you could do in a BMX game on Playstation 1. I wonder if he's 15, or literally retarded.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jul 30, 2014

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Ra-amun posted:

with an amazing 4 KPH and an average of playing eight hours a day, he gets as much kills as a ok player gets in a one hour session.

How is that even possible? I spend the majority of my time as an engineer and a medic and not even shooting poeple while averaging 17 kills an hour. I consider myself bad at this game because I am just barely about to break 1 KDR while playing since last year (I used to be really, really bad). But how does he even manage to be that piss poor at a game?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gaghskull posted:

How is that even possible? I spend the majority of my time as an engineer and a medic and not even shooting poeple while averaging 17 kills an hour. I consider myself bad at this game because I am just barely about to break 1 KDR while playing since last year (I used to be really, really bad). But how does he even manage to be that piss poor at a game?

Apparently he makes his wife log into his character to AFK in the warpgate to get resources, so that probably drags his KPH down a lot.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Arghy posted:

Welp glad you pointed this out before i made myself look like a loving animal by making a campaign to make fun of him! I was going to tout him as VS's stew360/wisdomcube.

Being mentally handicapped doesn't excuse someone from being a huge shitlord. Go hog wild!

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
So when he has 750 resources in all three categories what does he make her do then?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Well he certainly can't let her play the game, then he'd probably have to beat her for doing better than him.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Also you guys weren't kidding about the Cyclone being a really loving good gun :stare:

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Fart Car '97 posted:

Also you guys weren't kidding about the Cyclone being a really loving good gun :stare:

SEE? We actually know what we're talking about when we say things are really loving good guns. It's just that goons are awful at deciding what makes a really bad gun sometimes (No, the lasher is not a bad gun).

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

To be fair, goons used to think the GD-7F was the greatest gun of all time.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Vargs posted:

I still disagree that the GD-7F is a bad gun :colbert:. Maybe not for an engineer, but for an LA using it right, it can really tear poo poo up.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Its not a bad hit and run gun, there are just better options for the same tactics.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Back to the best LA gun anyways:

http://www.gfycat.com/BlankSpeedyCygnet
:black101:

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jul 30, 2014

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Vargs posted:

The 7F USED to be a really good gun. USED to, back when flinch was based on raw RPM and super high RPM weapons could force your target to mosh meaning they stood zero chance of fighting back. This meant that the NC's arsenal back then (bear in mind this was pre-SMGs) was at a huuuuuge disadvantage in firefights. In that environment something that fired at 845rpm was great, whatever other downsides it may have. Now it's not so clear and the downsides of the 7F are much, much more apparent. This is just one reason why the Cyclone is recommended over it.

Of course back then the Hacksaws also fired 50% faster, has +6 in the mags compared to now, did about 50% more damage overall, and fired about 50% faster so it all balanced out provided you were in a biolab. And you were in a biolab, because outside of there it was a nonstop parade of lolpods and Zephyrs

v v v the DPM is less of an issue for the Serpent because it reloads faster than the 7F v v v

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Vargs posted:

If your dueling fellow LA's the GD-7f is a great gun because you will loving tear apart the other guy--its the same thing as the serpent. I bust out the serpent/pulsar C for dedicated LA duels. I love this whole 'THE DPM!' yes its a VS gun literally our entire faction deals with that. Its a bullet hose that will kill the other dude in a blink if you can aim--who cares about up time or reload when the other guy is loving gibbed chunks on the ground.

• Locked thread