Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palooka
Mar 13, 2005

MUST...WATCH...ALL...TV

Spincut posted:

There's two new Resistance expansions up on KS!

It seems like a lot of the expansions is backporting the Avalon stuff back into the base Resistance (including promos like Lancelot and Excalibur), but there's also some new stuff in there too. You can get both expansions for $20, and they've said that there will be two printings, so if you back early, you'll be getting into the first printing in November.

So does this actually include everything from Avalon plus all Avalon's promos? I don't have anything beyond basic Resistance and basic Avalon and have always wanted to have everything available for all, but in the Resistance universe. Unfortunately because I don't know exactly what all the promo stuff does, I can't suss from the Kickstarter page whether it's included (in Resistance form)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Palooka posted:

So does this actually include everything from Avalon plus all Avalon's promos? I don't have anything beyond basic Resistance and basic Avalon and have always wanted to have everything available for all, but in the Resistance universe. Unfortunately because I don't know exactly what all the promo stuff does, I can't suss from the Kickstarter page whether it's included (in Resistance form)

It sounds like it ports over Lancelot, Lady of the Lake, Excalibur, and some variant of the Assassin (I don't think Merlin is in?). I don't know if SF Resistance has Mordred, Morgana, Percival, etc in miscellaneous promos.

So instead of having one game with many options, they've decided to split it between two otherwise mechanically identical games with different skins on top. It is either really stupid of these people or really brilliant to make people who like the mechanics of The Resistance double dip.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

GrandpaPants posted:

It sounds like it ports over Lancelot, Lady of the Lake, Excalibur, and some variant of the Assassin (I don't think Merlin is in?). I don't know if SF Resistance has Mordred, Morgana, Percival, etc in miscellaneous promos.

So instead of having one game with many options, they've decided to split it between two otherwise mechanically identical games with different skins on top. It is either really stupid of these people or really brilliant to make people who like the mechanics of The Resistance double dip.

It's poorly named, but under the Assassin Module in Hidden Agenda expansion:

"Every since we announced The Resistance: Avalon the request has been to take the exciting new roles from Avalon and make them available for The Resistance. We are very excited to now make that available - the Assassin module of Hidden Agenda contains all the Avalon roles, rethemed and renamed to fit into The Resistance Universe."

So it looks like everything from Avalon is available for vanilla Resistance.

EDIT: Also I'm going to send them a message and ask if the new stuff is going to be made available for Avalon. I'll let you know if I get a response.

EDIT2: That was fast! Already got a response:

quote:

Thank you for the support.

There are no current plans to expand Avalon.

So it looks like if you want everything, it's Resistance + xpac.

Spincut fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jul 27, 2014

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

NTRabbit posted:

They're also pushing close to 12 months late, lied about everything during and after the campaign, appear to have rushed out some pretty poor minis despite gobs of advice from people who know better, and aren't allowing backers attending GenCon to pick up what they pledged for.

Yeah, it's been a lovely experience. They had demo games pre-kickstarter, even, where they bragged about how great the minis were, but they were stand-ins and they hadn't even started on the actual sculpts (or anything else, hardly) until afterwards. The worst part is the way they write their updates: it's been a constant stream of skeeviness and blame pointing at anyone and everyone outside of palladium. The blame pointing probably takes up over half the total length of their updates since it ended too. Oh, and if you got one of the main packages, you're going to be missing about 1/3 of it, and at the rate they've been going, plus them seeming to have not started on any of the remaining products, it looks like it'll be over a year to see the rest, if at all.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I'm waiting for the point in time where they demand an extra postage fee to send you the rest, and then refuse to do replacements for any missing or damaged parts unless you phone them and pay for it

Palooka
Mar 13, 2005

MUST...WATCH...ALL...TV

Spincut posted:

"Every since we announced The Resistance: Avalon the request has been to take the exciting new roles from Avalon and make them available for The Resistance. We are very excited to now make that available - the Assassin module of Hidden Agenda contains all the Avalon roles, rethemed and renamed to fit into The Resistance Universe."

EDIT: Also I'm going to send them a message and ask if the new stuff is going to be made available for Avalon. I'll let you know if I get a response.

Ah, thanks for checking on that. Backed!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

SpikeMcclane posted:

Yeah, it's been a lovely experience. They had demo games pre-kickstarter, even, where they bragged about how great the minis were, but they were stand-ins and they hadn't even started on the actual sculpts (or anything else, hardly) until afterwards. The worst part is the way they write their updates: it's been a constant stream of skeeviness and blame pointing at anyone and everyone outside of palladium. The blame pointing probably takes up over half the total length of their updates since it ended too. Oh, and if you got one of the main packages, you're going to be missing about 1/3 of it, and at the rate they've been going, plus them seeming to have not started on any of the remaining products, it looks like it'll be over a year to see the rest, if at all.

I backed Through the Breach, and while it's taken awhile due to various delays from the multi-part minis, Wyrd has made a point of shipping out all the product before Gencon (due to shipping times, people may not get it until after Gencon, but at least it's being shipped out before Gencon). People in the comments for the game bitch because the game is shipping soon, and were saying Robotech was a better run kickstarter. After seeing this, all I can do is laugh.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Who remembers Audatia and its IndieGoGo campaign from exactly a year ago? They've printed the first two decks, so I stopped by their demo at Ropecon this weekend and picked up my copies. They're bloody wonderful. The cards look great and it amazes me how intuitive they're to read, and the game's not half bad either. :3:

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
MArk Rein Hagen's AMA on Reddit drew some heat because of his delayed KS projects: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2boyia/i_am_mark_reinhagen_world_creator_and_game/

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

clockworkjoe posted:

MArk Rein Hagen's AMA on Reddit drew some heat because of his delayed KS projects: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2boyia/i_am_mark_reinhagen_world_creator_and_game/
The most important question - "What's the deal with the dot?" was also asked.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Necromancer games has jumped on the early 'produce stuff for 5th edition D&D' bandwagon. Necromancer Kickstarter

What's notable is the timing. The kickstarter doesn't finish until the start of September. A chunk of the work is yet to be written or edited/laid out etc. Yet they're claiming to deliver the books in November, including signed, leather-bound versions on the same timescale.

I wonder if their gap out of publishing means they've forgotten how long it actually takes.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

PST posted:

Necromancer games has jumped on the early 'produce stuff for 5th edition D&D' bandwagon. Necromancer Kickstarter
What's notable is the timing. The kickstarter doesn't finish until the start of September. A chunk of the work is yet to be written or edited/laid out etc. Yet they're claiming to deliver the books in November, including signed, leather-bound versions on the same timescale.
I wonder if their gap out of publishing means they've forgotten how long it actually takes.

I had forgotten to look back at that Kickstarter. I really only want Quests of Doom, and you couldn't just pledge for that before. Now that it's unlocked, I just might...

atholbrose fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 29, 2014

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The more I see of Cthulhu Wars, the more I realize that I probably don't have a table big enough to play it. Hell, I'd be surprised if the game ships in anything smaller than a goddamn foot locker.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

GrandpaPants posted:

The more I see of Cthulhu Wars, the more I realize that I probably don't have a table big enough to play it. Hell, I'd be surprised if the game ships in anything smaller than a goddamn foot locker.

It shall not be shipped to locations, it will arise from the see and smite the land.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Welp. I backed the Resistance KS. I figure I don't have any copy of the game and it _looks_ like this is the (new? soon to be old?) best version of the game.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Dammit, why don't people pack their loving stuff properly. I just got my copy of Lost City of Barakus (along with the add-on Stoneheart Valley) and the bottom corners of both books are crushed along with the maps that were tucked inside. It's kind of minor, but really annoying. I wouldn't have bought them from a store in this state. I'd feel kinda jerkish asking for a replacement, but plenty of other RPG Kickstarters have gotten their stuff to me without it getting damaged...

[edit] Took some deep breaths and a look at their website, where they have a nice note about replacing stuff damaged in shipping, so I dropped them a line. I'm sure it'll be ok.

atholbrose fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 29, 2014

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

Spincut posted:

Well that's loving annoying. I have Avalon and the promos, which means unless I buy a second copy of the game, I don't get the new stuff.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Just stumbled on the Renaissance Miniatures terrain kickstarter, and I quite like the terrain they're offering. They're well over their funding goal, have already delivered (albeit somewhat late) a terrain KS of a different style using the same tech, have all of the models built and ready, and are pretty up-front about what went wrong last time. I'm hoping they deliver on time, but the dock scenery looks good.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Well, I complained in public, so here's the follow-up: Frog God is sending me replacements. Quick, gracious e-mail reply.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Hedningen posted:

Just stumbled on the Renaissance Miniatures terrain kickstarter, and I quite like the terrain they're offering. They're well over their funding goal, have already delivered (albeit somewhat late) a terrain KS of a different style using the same tech, have all of the models built and ready, and are pretty up-front about what went wrong last time. I'm hoping they deliver on time, but the dock scenery looks good.

I can't seem to find it. Link?

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

Doctor Zero posted:

I can't seem to find it. Link?

Oh poo poo, probably should have done that. Here you go.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

My game of Matching Manatees arrived today, it's just as :3: as Matching Lions

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

GrandpaPants posted:

You can see the prototype box in a photo in the most recent Kickstarter update. It looks to be about 8" x 15" x 30". The board is in the foreground and matches what we've seen in Sandy's gameplay videos, which is roughly 24" x 36".

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Indie Games posted another update about The Resistance expansion with a little more clarification with regards to Avalon:

quote:

Avalon compatibility - this isn't something that I thought that people would be interested in - mixing Avalon with these new expansions. But I have received a number of questions about this -"Will this expansion work with Avalon?". Now that we've added a full set of Mission cards and a full set of Character cards, the answer is "Yes, the Kickstarter Edition of Hostile Intent & Hidden Danger can be used with Avalon." It will of course be a mix and match of themes, but it can be done. And to answer the follow up question, there is no planned Avalon expansion - Avalon is and will continue to be a stand alone game.

So that can be seen a plus, I dunno. I was originally going to get the expansion plus vanilla Resistance, but I might just grab the expansion.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

No Soul Left Behind met its goal and has revealed its stretch goals: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcdream/no-soul-left-behind/posts/933268

quote:

AT $8,000: STRANGE FATE. A downloadable conversion guide to run No Soul Left Behind with the Strange Fate rules from The Kerberos Club (Fate Edition) and Base Raiders.

AT $10,000: SCENARIO SEEDS. An appendix with new Scenario Seeds to continue the campaign beyond the main scenarios of No Soul Left Behind.

AT $12,000: FULL COLOR HARDBACK! Every backer who picked a print copy as a reward gets a color hardback instead of a black-and-white paperback.

BEYOND THAT: New scenarios, new villains and heroes, conversions for Mutants and Masterminds, Wild Talents, Savage Worlds, and more.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

GrandpaPants posted:

Sandy Peterson posted:

The box is 17 inches by 12 inches by some huge awkward depth that I don't want to look up right now, but it is more than 5 inches deep.

Interestingly, not quite Ogre-sized.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

berzerkmonkey posted:

Interestingly, not quite Ogre-sized.

Ogre was a great deal, I got a cool game AND a coffee table.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I work at UPS and had an Ogre box come down the belt one day.

It dwarfed most of the rest of the boxes. It was big enough that a desktop PC could probably fit comfortably inside the box.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Ogre is literally the only trad game I have ever seen that has a "Team Lift" warning on the box.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

clockworkjoe posted:

No Soul Left Behind met its goal and has revealed its stretch goals: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcdream/no-soul-left-behind/posts/933268

At $8,000 we'll convert our adventure to Strange Fate!

At $16,000 we'll convert our adventure to a better version of Fate!

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Kai Tave posted:

At $8,000 we'll convert our adventure to Strange Fate!

At $16,000 we'll convert our adventure to a better version of Fate!

I like Strange Fate. I also haven't seen any good Fate Core implementations of super power creation yet. The standard 'make your skills and stuns better!' is too vague for my liking.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Captain Invictus posted:

It was big enough that a desktop PC could probably fit comfortably inside the box.

The Ogre box is big enough for a child old enough to operate a computer to use as a fort.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I work at UPS and had an Ogre box come down the belt one day.

It dwarfed most of the rest of the boxes. It was big enough that a desktop PC could probably fit comfortably inside the box.

There was a joke doing the rounds that if Steve Jackson made the same mistake as the Glory To Rome guy and lost his house, at least he'd still have somewhere to live.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

A friend of mine is Kickstarting his casual board game. It's super cute and I like the modular board feature for variety in play. It's got a countdown timer which ensures that a 45-60 minute game actually happens each time. View here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1655781518/lift-off-get-me-off-this-planet

Also an immensely solid Kickstarter. The game is done, the rule book has been laid out (and you can download it), lots of video reviews available, and no dumb stretch goals.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Thanlis posted:

A friend of mine is Kickstarting his casual board game. It's super cute and I like the modular board feature for variety in play. It's got a countdown timer which ensures that a 45-60 minute game actually happens each time. View here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1655781518/lift-off-get-me-off-this-planet

Also an immensely solid Kickstarter. The game is done, the rule book has been laid out (and you can download it), lots of video reviews available, and no dumb stretch goals.

Does he know there was a board game called "Liftoff!" already? Complete with the exclamation point.
There's an LP of it here.

BGG also has a game from 2000 called Lift Off.

I don't know that there's necessarily a trademark issue, but your friend should look into it, and aside from that, it's better (for the purposes of people googling your product) to have a completely unique name for your thing.

Other than that, the game looks really cute and the KS page seems well put together.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

Does he know there was a board game called "Liftoff!" already? Complete with the exclamation point.

I don't know that there's necessarily a trademark issue, but your friend should look into it, and aside from that, it's better (for the purposes of people googling your product) to have a completely unique name for your thing.

Other than that, the game looks really cute and the KS page seems well put together.

"Get Me Off This Planet!" would be a perfectly good name.

I'm not backing this, though it looks good. International shipping is a ballbreaker.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

Mildly awkward! I will let him know, thank you.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
It's Patreon not Kickstarter but still this seems pretty cool.

Nahual a Powered by the Apocalypse game about mythic Mexican angel hunters.

If it was a regular Kickstarter or Indiegogo I would back it, but I don't care for the Patreon format. Hopefully they'll be successful and I can just buy the book when it's complete.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Oh hey, neat. The setting/idea looks great.
Might finally get me to actually set up a Patreon account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gasperkun
Oct 11, 2012
Hey folks. I've been busy for a few months but I've still been backing Kickstarters. I found an opportunity to swing back by here and wanted to mention a couple projects I'm following that are nearing the end of their funding drives.

Fragged Empire has about a day and a half left. It looks really great and if you haven't heard about it by now you might wanna check it out if you like sandbox RPGs, post-apocalypse stuff, space travel, etc. It's also gonna have minis combat with an alternate option for more "narrative" combat for those who don't like minis. Very high production values but also he's shipping from Australia so the price is a bit higher than what you might be accustomed to.

Barbarians of Lemuria Mythic Edition - not too bad a deal if you don't have this game yet or are cool with a new edition. I think this is basically the third edition of it.

• Locked thread