Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

A Fancy Bloke posted:

I totally lost it when they made him do a limerick and you could hear Jason totally dying off-mic as Andy desperately tried to make a limerick on the fly.

Hearing them railroad Patrick McMahon into making a limerick was incredible.

"...what was the first line again?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
You know, I spent a lot of that episode hoping that Andy would get another turn the tables moment by following up one of the knocking on the door moments with one of his characters acknowledging the new entrant as Falcon.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

SoupyTwist posted:

Hearing them railroad Patrick McMahon into making a limerick was incredible.

"...what was the first line again?"
I don't know if you guys have heard the finale of Daly's podcast but you really should check out that limerick-off.

"THERE ONCE WAS A POPE FROM THE FUTURE"
"oooh, you've backed yourself into a corner there"

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I love the poo poo they gave Patrick for not working on his limerick while they were talking to Chip Gardner. "You're just staring blankly!"

"Clive? Clive Dundee? You're Irish too?"
- "That's right...uh, hang on I'm trying to remember...oh no I'm from England yeaaah!"

Illinois Smith posted:

I don't know if you guys have heard the finale of Daly's podcast...
You do know what thread this is right? :v:

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Give Andy Daly the pulitzer and get it over with. You win that for improv right?

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Terrific episode, Andy is God. I would have been so angry if there was no August Lindt. Good combination of two of the best types of CBB episodes: million character clusterfucks and people trying to force a plot out of total nonsense.

We all thought that Dalton Wilcox was going to gently caress the hole in that stone right?

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx
So did Scott really think that rattlesnakes had stingers?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jason even asked if anyone in the room needed to leave when Andy was juggling (I think) 3 characters and Andy said NOPE and rolled with it. So, so great. I really wish they'd taken video of this one.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
loving lost my poo poo at "Nah Sha Sha" and it only got weirder and better from there. Come to think of it I really love Hot Dog. I didn't the first time he appeared but he's really grown on me.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GobiasIndustries posted:

I really wish they'd taken video of this one.

I was thinking the same thing. I still love watching Ep 200 on the Earwolf VPN. Seeing Andy juggle all of the characters would have been magical. I would have paid a few bucks to download a video of it.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

How are u posted:

loving lost my poo poo at "Nah Sha Sha" and it only got weirder and better from there. Come to think of it I really love Hot Dog. I didn't the first time he appeared but he's really grown on me.

This was the best part of the episode - it could have gotten too lost in the mythology (as a lot of multi-part episodes do), but every character got to do its own more mundane things too.

Danny Mahoney talking batteries again at length as the episode was reaching its climax was great

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

xbilkis posted:

Danny Mahoney talking batteries again at length as the episode was reaching its climax was great

That was the most exciting part! I mean, you can't even GET those boomboxes anymore!

I also loved his "if this rock needs batteries, we're screwed" line

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yessss Tiny and Victor

I'd love to see these characters on one of the big special shows with a full room

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I'm ashamed to say that I reflexively did the "It's been online"-thing in my mind the exact same moment as Scott said it.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Victor's podcast was hilarious.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
aaaag my ear drums.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Fezz posted:

Victor's podcast was hilarious.
Ugh, another amazing podcast to add to my weekly list.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
I liked that apparently nobody recognized the Big Bang Theory theme song.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I like how when victor went crazy and pummeled Scott, he sounded like Skwisgaar is he was the Hulk.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The audio feedback/buzzing shouldn't have been as funny as it was. But it killed me.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

The buzzing was annoying until it went away, then it was hilarious when it came back in the middle of the unintelligible interview. Good rear end comedy timing there

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

soggybagel posted:

The audio feedback/buzzing shouldn't have been as funny as it was. But it killed me.

The moment when the dentist started talking was one of the funniest things I've ever heard on CBB.

JustTheWorst
Sep 14, 2008

Filled with delicious shrimp!
Jonah in this ep might be enough to push PFT out of the "best background laughter" chair.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
These last two episodes should be 1-2 in the top 10 at the end of the year. Jesus christ even though I'd read 'oh the buzz it killed me' it just slayed me when the dentist came in. I pretended I was having a coughing fit and had to take a seat on my walk to work.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I was crying during Victor's podcast. So good.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Periodiko posted:

The moment when the dentist started talking was one of the funniest things I've ever heard on CBB.

I was running listening to this, and had to just pause it there until I got home to avoid blacking out.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I was actually in a restaurant and laughed out really loud and I had to pretend like I was coughing.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...vy-seal-sniper/

If James Adomian isn't a guest on Monday's CBB, I will be upset. :(

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Periodiko posted:

Ab, so. Lutely!

Best ep of the year to date. I can't believe they topped Oh Golly You Devil the very next ep.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Twin Shadow isn't the last musical guest I'd expect to be on CBB, but he's fairly close.

Confess was a great album if 80s new wave with better production is your thing.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Twin Shadow isn't the last musical guest I'd expect to be on CBB, but he's fairly close.

Confess was a great album if 80s new wave with better production is your thing.

Love Twin Shadow. Haven't listened yet but looks like from the pics on Earwolf he's doing covers with a 12-string.

e: Also I4H dropped a great live episode from DCM today featuring a ton of hilarious people.

Fieryspork
Sep 21, 2004
Shamu knows that i'm being sarcastic

Waffleopolis posted:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...vy-seal-sniper/

If James Adomian isn't a guest on Monday's CBB, I will be upset. :(

Ugh, i hope not, there is not a single aspect of CBB i am more sick of than Adomian's Jesse Ventura impression.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Fieryspork posted:

Ugh, i hope not, there is not a single aspect of CBB i am more sick of than Adomian's Jesse Ventura impression.

Didn't phrase it in the form of a question, literally couldn't read what you wrote

Fieryspork
Sep 21, 2004
Shamu knows that i'm being sarcastic

Politicalrancor posted:

Didn't phrase it in the form of a question, literally couldn't read what you wrote

excuse me.

is there a more worn out gag more deserving of being replaced by Jukebox Jury than Adomian's Jesse Ventura impression?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

cake boss

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Oh! Is it Bad Opinion time? Because I'm pretty tired of the Dalyverse.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Scott just tweeted me and next ep its Jesse Ventura and Cake Boss recreating the Chris Kelly situation.

Also I'm tired of the Dalyverse too in a way that the Womplerverse has yet to tire me out. Probably because the Womplerverse has characters in it that are not just Marissa and Listler.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

FordPRefectLL posted:

Scott just tweeted me and next ep its Jesse Ventura and Cake Boss recreating the Chris Kelly situation.

Also I'm tired of the Dalyverse too in a way that the Womplerverse has yet to tire me out. Probably because the Womplerverse has characters in it that are not just Marissa and Listler.

There's the smooth radio lady...and I can't remember any others.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Bad opinion time?
Solo bolo wasn't a great episode and definitely not one of the best of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012

ManoliIsFat posted:

There's the smooth radio lady...and I can't remember any others.

She's not even part of that, she's just played by Lennon Parham. I think that poster was talking more about the Asian girls or Seth or Gutterballs.