Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best version of El?
This poll is closed.
Elminster 20 6.45%
Elmara 20 6.45%
Entwine 13 4.19%
GURPS 99 31.94%
El Kabong 153 49.35%
Elves 5 1.61%
Total: 310 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tollymain posted:

and we never saw winson again

wish we'd never see you again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Spincut posted:

God dammit, Davin!

What did I do?! :ohdear:

Also, congrats, Ettin! Tell me all your conspiracy secrets?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

dwarf74 posted:

So, new Ettin Overlord, have the grog taxes been paid sufficiently? Can the floodgates of the grog-heavens open up to grog-criticizing as it was in the golden days before Wynston Payn ruined it?
I'm pretty sure he did that at the orders of the administration so the answer is gonna be "no".

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
all i know is being a fool, i'm afraid

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I'm probably only giving out avatars for contest winners and special accomplishments to avoid being swamped by requests and to my knowledge threads like g.txt being quote-only are a forum-wide rule, so nope :getin:

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Davin Valkri posted:

Also, congrats, Ettin! Tell me all your conspiracy secrets?

He's too busy spray painting UN logos on old Soviet tanks for when the liberal communist transgendered story gamers declare the formation of the one world government.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

He's too busy spray painting UN logos on old Soviet tanks for when the liberal communist transgendered story gamers declare the formation of the one world government.

That sounds pretty awesome actually

Ettin, can we start spreading propaganda regarding your eventual takeover of RPGSite, I mean it's just inevitable right?

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
What happened to Elminster during the spell plague?

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
He lost his groove and his old lady went insane. He got it back.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

He lost his groove and his old lady went insane. He got it back.

His groove or his old lady?

And why are we talking about some stupid old wizard anyway? Wizards are boring! I wanna talk about, I dunno, Ettin's ascension and whether he can get us backstage to the Single World Nation or whatever.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
End the grog tax. No taxation without, something.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Though to be fair it did take him a long time to start boning new-Mystra. I'm not actually certain he ever did bang new-Mystra. At that point he totes had all the kids (also Mystra's chosen IIRC) he raised to have casual sex with, though.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Mormon Star Wars posted:

HAVE YOU MET THE MECHWARRIOR RPG?

Paladium Books Presents: Robotech The Shadow Chronicles Role-Playing Game

(By Kevin Siembieda)

Why do I own this again? I just use it as a paperweight mostly.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Davin Valkri posted:

His groove. His old lady is on her way.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Davin Valkri posted:

Both. She's sane, I guess. It's the Simbul, she's pretty much that female character.

Aren't they resetting the Forgotten Realms because manbabies pitched a fit about things getting mixed up?

They should just pull a Star Trek, make two universes. One where Elminster is an accepting progressive twenty something action wizard and the standard old sex offender one.

EDIT: I get all my Forgotten Realms lore from the wiki. gently caress reading those books now.

Wilde Jagd
Jan 2, 2014

by XyloJW
Ettin please remove the grog tax. I wish to piggyback off the hard-working grogposters and earn forums fame by owning the grogs completely from a different forum.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

DalaranJ posted:

Paladium Books Presents: Robotech The Shadow Chronicles Role-Playing Game

(By Kevin Siembieda)

Why do I own this again? I just use it as a paperweight mostly.

I own that. Its not a mech rpg. Its a cry for help.

By own i mean at my gaming shop years back they gave away free RPG books. It was the one i got.

I got tricked.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Talkc posted:

I own that. Its not a mech rpg. Its a cry for help.

By own i mean at my gaming shop years back they gave away free RPG books. It was the one i got.

I got tricked.

Good things about Robotech The Shadow Chronicles RPG:

-Some of the art looks like it might have come from the show?
-Smiling Blacksploitation GM presides over "What Is A Roleplaying Game?"

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Ettin posted:

I'm probably only giving out avatars for contest winners and special accomplishments to avoid being swamped by requests and to my knowledge threads like g.txt being quote-only are a forum-wide rule, so nope :getin:

Gamers.txt in games isn't quote only anymore so that one's actually up to you! They also have a policy of ignoring/making fun of reports in the thread to try to make it easier on mods.

It's a really lovely thread, but a really good honeypot.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

DalaranJ posted:

Good things about Robotech The Shadow Chronicles RPG:

-Some of the art looks like it might have come from the show?
-Smiling Blacksploitation GM presides over "What Is A Roleplaying Game?"

-For a paperback its bludgeon worthy.
-It contains 2 days worth of daily fiber.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Aren't they resetting the Forgotten Realms because manbabies pitched a fit about things getting mixed up?

If they didn't reset FR after the Time of Troubles they probably won't reset it now. That poo poo garnered just as much manbaby rage, it just wasn't as easy to find.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wilde Jagd posted:

Ettin please remove the grog tax. I wish to piggyback off the hard-working grogposters and earn forums fame by owning the grogs completely from a different forum.

Don't post in g.tx or you'll end up like meeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Wilde Jagd
Jan 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Evil Mastermind posted:

Don't post in g.tx or you'll end up like meeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Too late! I've already taken to twitter, screaming internet obscenities at those who do not share my opinion about traditional games, social issues, or the combination of both.

A Catastrophe
Jun 26, 2014

Mormon Star Wars posted:

He apologized for writing a book so cool that scrubs couldn't appreciate it. Eat that, elfhaters.
Is that true because I kinda suspected that's what would actually happen.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

A Catastrophe posted:

Is that true because I kinda suspected that's what would actually happen.

ELVES don't need to apologize, they have transcended foolish human customs that put shame on people who write horrible Mary Sue books glorifying their favorite race.

edit: They have not transcended Numenara being a setting full of awesome ideas wasted on bad mechanics and wasted potential, though. ELVES are ashamed of that, and will issue an apology when their perfect society can muster one good enough.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fantasy Football is still fantasy!

Edit: I just realized that I'm now 2 to 3 of the Four Gregs.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wilde Jagd posted:

Too late! I've already taken to twitter, screaming internet obscenities at those who do not share my opinion about traditional games, social issues, or the combination of both.

I haven't gotten that bad yet (I'm not on twitter), I'm just cycling between "hope for the hobby" and "gently caress this hobby" on about a twenty-minute cycle.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Fantasy Football is still fantasy!

Get ready for the new Chuck Lorre comedy that combines the idea of two of his other popular sitcoms.

It's "Two and a Half Gregs"!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

What are the four Gregs?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Davin Valkri posted:

What are the four Gregs?

Four Gregs!

D'n'D Greg (One Greg!)
Sci-fi Greg (Two Gregs!)
Open Source Greg (Three Gregs!)
Japanese Culture Greg (Four Gregs!)

Four Gregs!

One of my favorite Homestar bits.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I haven't gotten that bad yet (I'm not on twitter), I'm just cycling between "hope for the hobby" and "gently caress this hobby" on about a twenty-minute cycle.

I don't know if it works for you (every writer's different), but whenever I start feeling down in the dumps or read too much Internet drama, I channel my stress and frustration into writing. This has actually worked out kind of well for me, as it redirects that energy to more productive uses.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

I go to sleep and this is what I loving wake up to

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
poo poo, I already voted for GURPS, and now El Kabong is part of the poll? I demand a recount.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

S.D. posted:

poo poo, I already voted for GURPS, and now El Kabong is part of the poll? I demand a recount.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

S.D. posted:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Add Ellen DeGeneres to the poll and change all the votes to that, tia.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

Add Ellen DeGeneres to the poll and change all the votes to that, tia.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Wilde Jagd posted:

Ettin posted:

to my knowledge threads like g.txt being quote-only are a forum-wide rule, so nope :getin:

He just said it isn't happening man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Ettin posted:

Gamers.txt hasn't been for a while.

• Locked thread