Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

infernal machines posted:

hell, until exchange 2010 OWA would run in a gimped "lite" mode if you used anything other than IE. now OWA on 2007 or 2010 will only work in gimped mode if you're using ie 10 or 11, unless you add it to "compatibility view" in the browser.

gg microsoft

and now mobile ie 11 spoofs safari headers.

oh god, i'm cumming again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

what are you referring to? (i dont use outlook 2013)

maybe the 'feature' that selects things you don't want to select. i hate that loving thing.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

nah I think he means instead of jumping to the end of the character you just typed it moves there slowly. i assume originally the characters faded in as well until someone managed to stop that bullshit.

Kosani
Jun 30, 2004
Ni ni.
I love u guys.

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

nah I think he means instead of jumping to the end of the character you just typed it moves there slowly. i assume originally the characters faded in as well until someone managed to stop that bullshit.

yeah, this. it's so goddamn strange.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Thanks Ants posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTtf_BgFS08

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
it's great how Excel will still format a long string of numbers as scientific and there's still now way to turn off that behavior

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

minivanmegafun posted:

yeah, this. it's so goddamn strange.

i think it could be improved by having the characters also wipe into view from under the cursor, that would be really cool. also, have both the cursor move and the text appear at a constant speed, like 10 pixels per second.

also if the paragraph is justified, when the last wort is too long for the line, have it "swoop" smoothly to the start of the next row and also have all the other words "swoop" to their proper justified locations.

just throwing some ideas out there.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You Am I posted:

Is there any really blinding need to move from Office 2011 other than the year in its title?

Regressions in excel would be nice

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Pinterest Mom posted:

Regressions in excel would be nice

everything since excel 5.0 is a regression

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

Cocoa Crispies posted:

everything since excel 5.0 is a regression

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

it's great how Excel will still format a long string of numbers as scientific and there's still now way to turn off that behavior

pffft, stop complaining. you can just build a vba macro to auto-fix that

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

office 2015:
  • default paste behavior is "without formatting"
  • outlook "this occurrence or whole series?" dialog only appears after trying to edit a meeting
  • powerpoint has a presentation view with thumbnails on the side
  • selecting text only picks up what your mouse actually touched
  • excel never assumes a data type
there microsoft I made you billions of dollars I will come work for your stupid company but only if you bring me in as a partner

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh here's something on my wish list for excel: support for pre 1900s dates

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

qirex posted:

[*]default paste behavior is "without formatting"

i'd settle for "not halting the entire system for twenty seconds to paste text i copied from a web page", that'd be nice

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

qirex posted:

[*]default paste behavior is "without formatting"

And this
And proper multitasking

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

pffft, stop complaining. you can just build a vba macro to auto-fix that

microsoft meets open source

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

minivanmegafun posted:

I wrote something in outlook 2013 for windows and went "holy gently caress who thought a sliding inset caret was a good idea?" you see that poo poo in movies but that doesn't mean it actually makes sense in practice

also why is the entire UI IN CAPS like "UPDATING FOLDER Inbox"

Because they flattened the poo poo out of the ui so the only way to differentiate a tab or whatever from other poo poo is to capitalize it. It looks like rear end

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Millstone posted:

It looks authentically digital

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

qirex posted:

office 2015:
  • default paste behavior is "without formatting"
  • outlook "this occurrence or whole series?" dialog only appears after trying to edit a meeting
  • powerpoint has a presentation view with thumbnails on the side
  • selecting text only picks up what your mouse actually touched
  • excel never assumes a data type
there microsoft I made you billions of dollars I will come work for your stupid company but only if you bring me in as a partner

unglhghgng i came blood

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

infernal machines posted:

outlook 2011 is a huge unstable piece of poo poo. idk about word or excel or whatever but they're probably similar. also the updater is the most hilariously stupid piece of software i've ever seen

the first update for mac office is an update to the updater that you have to manually download and install

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

theres a new office 2011 package with office 365 support that only requires one large update and no microsoft auto update update!

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

this is what happens why you try to run that file

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

this is the next update after that update

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Blackula69 posted:

the first update for mac office is an update to the updater that you have to manually download and install

it's even worse. despite the instruction text telling you must manually get the update, simply hitting install will get that exact same update through the updater. because who knows what the gently caress is going on with these idiots

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

and then it makes you restart your mac to get more updates

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

qirex posted:

we use lync and it's ok but we don't use any of the audio/video features, just chat and screen sharing

we've been piloting zoom because it works on ipads and macs but it's p bad

legit lync's AV is great

lync for mac is butt, lync for ios is p ok

lync owns

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Blackula69 posted:

this is the next update after that update

looooooooooooool

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Blackula69 posted:

this is what happens why you try to run that file

i am not a beep boop computer man but shouldn't microsoft be signing their software in a way that lets it be installed

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Blackula69 posted:

i am not a beep boop computer man but shouldn't microsoft be signing their software in a way that lets it be installed

lol!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Blackula69 posted:

that would involve giving apple money

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
why are y'al even shocked that updates to a microsoft product require updates to the updater first, when was the last time they managed to ship a software update without requiring an updater update

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Blackula69 posted:

microsoft doesn't even sign binaries on windows in a consistent way. there are at least three common MS signatures i can think of off the top of my head in just vanilla windows.

if you add dev tools or deployment stuff there are at least another four, and some of them look pretty suspect until you verify the signature online.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Blackula69 posted:

hobbesmaster posted:

because it's so much easier to poo poo in your user's mouths

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
i don't know why they just can't have the updater do silent updates

if your updater gets hosed up from a patch then oh well, i can't patch my lovely software until you post a hotfix sometime in the 3 months between updates

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

computer parts posted:

they're all .pkgs and can be pushed out ezpz over ard

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

computer parts posted:

if your updater gets hosed up from a patch then oh well, i can't patch my lovely software until you post a hotfix sometime in the 3 months between updates

there's almost certainly a cultural problem at microsoft preevnting them from making a good automatic updater because there are plenty out there already

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

its the same money they already gave Apple for the iOS App Store

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

before you install this update you must update windows updater
click here to install the windows updater update download module
would you like to set bing as your default search bar and install microsoft windows desktop search
this version of desktop search requires an updated version of windows updater download module
50 goto 20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

and why don't they use the app store and...

• Locked thread