Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I miss Cyberthug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Cloks posted:

Bad opinion time?
Solo bolo wasn't a great episode and definitely not one of the best of the year.

HOW loving DARE YOU! I know I said it was Bad Opinion Time but that's going too far.

UP AND ADAM posted:

I miss Cyberthug.

That's a Good Opinion tho.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Cloks posted:

Bad opinion time?
Solo bolo wasn't a great episode and definitely not one of the best of the year.

I shut it off after 45 minutes I was so bored.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Conduit for Sale! posted:

HOW loving DARE YOU! I know I said it was Bad Opinion Time but that's going too far.

I've listened to it three times and I'll probably make that four this weekend. Solo bolo needs to be an annual event.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Beeez posted:

She's not even part of that, she's just played by Lennon Parham. I think that poster was talking more about the Asian girls or Seth or Gutterballs.
Ohhh duh. I can feel that. But there's also been like 2x more Daly episodes. There's not that much variety across womp episodes, I bet it'd drag if there was any more. that latest one was seriously like late arrested development, 80% of the time was eaten up by explaining callbacks. diminishing returns

UP AND ADAM posted:

I miss Cyberthug.
So, so good. Maybe it's just cuz I lived in New York, but the Miles character hits absolutely every note. The voice is perfect Hot 97 (may be his real voice)

"Do you like rolling on dubs?" "Yaaaaaa" "Do you like...top models?" "Sure!"

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 2, 2014

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Do you like.. moneeeeeeey?

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Replace the weather report with the fire report.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I think the whompler stuff is all super boring and unfunny and it's popularity is the joke

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

I hate Bad Opinion Time.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
BOT is upsetting me.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Bad Opinion Time is for Doug Loves Movies threads! You're supposed to live tweet the beavs in this thread!

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

Bad Opinion Time is for Doug Loves Movies threads! You're supposed to live tweet the beavs in this thread!

tweet

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
*June Diane Raphael voice* I had a real problem with bad opinion time.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Twin Shadow isn't the last musical guest I'd expect to be on CBB, but he's fairly close.

Confess was a great album if 80s new wave with better production is your thing.

Didn't Scott mention on an early Analyze Phish that he really liked Confess? I remember getting the album because of his recommendation.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

a worthy uhh posted:

Do you like.. moneeeeeeey?

Yeah! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B5ZYyVezQM

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Hollis Brown posted:

*June Diane Raphael voice* I had a real problem with bad opinion time.
Guys, what is bad opinion time??

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
*Zouks voice* Wait a second. You LIKED bad opinion time!?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Last night at a party I was pulled away for a conversation by someone demanding a Solo Bolo.

And that's when I knew I had met my new best friend.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 3, 2014

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

caligulamprey posted:

Last night at a party tonight I was pulled away for a conversation by someone demanding a Solo Bolo.

And that's when I knew I had met my new best friend.

That's beautiful.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Politicalrancor posted:

Dag y'all I think we are way overdue for a new thread title.. I can never just pick one out of the ether though.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

maybe like "Oh Golly" or just Technicality No Down Boo Over?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Oh golly, you devil!

Or something about an assisted fall

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
There are still plenty of beavs in need of live tweeting, I don't see why we need a new thread title.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Darrell Hammond cutting tattoos anyone?

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

Jesus, today's CBB may be the most boring episode they've ever done. Loudon Wainright's voice is basically a sedative and even PFT seemed like he was phoning it in. Strongly recommend everyone skip it.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
You got it

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, acoustic singer/songrwriters and crazy make 'em up comedy shows just don't mix.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

JethroMcB posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, acoustic singer/songrwriters and crazy make 'em up comedy shows just don't mix.

Counterpoint: "Tapas the Mornin' to Jah"

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

a worthy uhh posted:

Counterpoint: "Tapas the Mornin' to Jah"

Oh.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Politicalrancor posted:

maybe like "Oh Golly" or just Technicality No Down Boo Over?

Technicality No Down Boo Over!?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I have a feeling someone dropped out so they just had PFT himself on as the first guest. But I'm glad they did because I think PFT just bein PFT is way funnier than any of his characters. And I still think PFT's characters are funny.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

FitFortDanga posted:

Technicality No Down Boo Over!?

Technicality no down boo, over?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

I think Loudon Wainwright III is pretty funny though. Is this a sign that I'm getting old?

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
I thought his songs were hit and miss but he kept up with the show's style of humor and "yes and" spirit pretty well for a nearly 70 year old folk singer.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

UnclePlasticBitch posted:

I thought his songs were hit and miss but he kept up with the show's style of humor and "yes and" spirit pretty well for a nearly 70 year old folk singer.

He did a lot of "no, well, okay".

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I found the Rajskub/Peppitone episode kind of boringly unlistenable and was really excited about a PFT one. Way to bum me out, thread. :smith:

I was meaning to ask, for fans of CBB, are there any massively standout episodes of How Did This Get Made or Improv 4 Humans? I want to give them a try but specifically with the puregrain bestest stuff.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

VagueRant posted:

I found the Rajskub/Peppitone episode kind of boringly unlistenable and was really excited about a PFT one. Way to bum me out, thread. :smith:

I was meaning to ask, for fans of CBB, are there any massively standout episodes of How Did This Get Made or Improv 4 Humans? I want to give them a try but specifically with the puregrain bestest stuff.

For i4h I'd recommend the 4/20 special as my favorite

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Pretty much any of the Improv4Humans best of episodes are the way to go as an introduction. But pretty much any episode will be good. Maybe it's just me, but for me I4H is the most consistently funny podcast there is.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

tnimark posted:

Pretty much any of the Improv4Humans best of episodes are the way to go as an introduction. But pretty much any episode will be good. Maybe it's just me, but for me I4H is the most consistently funny podcast there is.

This. Cherry-pick the episodes with guests you like because they're basically all gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

quote:

The Something Awful ForumsThe Finer ArtsRapidly Going DeafRapidly Going Deaf › Comedy Bang! Bang! The Podcast: Technicality. No. Down. Boo. Over.

Technicality no down boo over!?