Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Having read "Buddy Does Seattle" and "Buddy Does Jersey" multiple times (man, I miss my old library), this is one of those instances where the animated version doesn't work for me at all, because the voice work is atrocious. (Also, agreed that the animation house I remember most for doing Inspector Gadget doing "Hate" is indeed pretty :lol:.)

Agreed about the voices. It's telling that none of the actors listed in the credits did anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Pickles: Ah! böwakawa poussé, poussé.

Bleeker works off Apple maps.

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Robbie and Bobby didn't update today, though it usually only skips Saturday and Sunday. Weird.

Really weird. Robbie and Bobby is now a webcomic that only updates about monthly. What you're posting are reruns. I'm surprised you're not getting them direct from the website.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I missed a few days. Sorry! Someone posted one of the F Minuses but here's the others.

This comic led to people posting comments about global warming and facts about different penguins living in different habitats.

But enough of that stuff. I know you all only read my posts because of Mary Worth, and I'm OK with that.

Still no reason is given for how he's a bad doctor. I wonder if something will be revealed later and will cause Olive's parents to realize she was right all along?

I will persuade them, for I am MARY WORTH!

...and then there's Rex Morgan MD

Settle your stomach...permanently.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Johnny Walker posted:

But enough of that stuff. I know you all only read my posts because of Mary Worth, and I'm OK with that.

I actually only read the F Minus. Mary Worth and Rex Morgan got too boring after a while. :v:

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Jane's World

Truck? Sabotage? What?
Maybe it has something to do with those strips where Jane was reporting on a monster truck rally? Like Ted is winning because the other trucks are being sabotaged? Just a guess, though, since I honestly have no idea when or where anything in this strip happens, and can only recognize, like, two characters in it.

(That said, I do actually like reading it. It's a challenge!)

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Classic Prince Valiant

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
At some point I'm expecting Mandrake to awake in his bed and start complaining about the rarebit he ate last night.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Maltose posted:

He totally did, Doyle just didn't say "Holmes was wearing a deerstalker, you know, the exact sort of hat you'd wear out to the country. It's very important that you are aware that it's a deerstalker and not a less common sort of hat."

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

I stand corrected, but I honestly thought those were two different kinds of cap. The former looks like a cap that fits close to the head, the later looks like it's got a lot of empty space. Most of the images I can recall seeing of that sort of cap are the latter, exaggerated kind.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You leave The Cure out of this, Gilchrist! :argh:

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

On a road trip in Estonia:
- Come out of there!

Tartu is an Estonian city and tartu is the imperative form of "grab" in Finnish.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Wanamingo posted:

I thought it was the cleaner using a broom to mop the floor.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Burger King has been around for a long time!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (May 14, 1927)

Peanuts, in which Charlie Brown proves he can get a kite up if it serves the punchline. (August 5, 1967)

The Sorrows Of The Immaculately Pure Artist

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (May 27-28, 1925)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

EasyEW posted:

I can't get over Batiuk trying to sell "Lust for Lisa" as the title of a 'chick flick.'

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I just want to point out the irony that this storyline features Lyn's self-insert judging another person for bad parenting. Mood Swing Comix.

Pooch Café

Oh no, Poncho's got the toxo!

Ballard Street

I know that feeling. Sometimes you need something to rage at to keep yourself sane.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Kammat posted:

Modesty Blaise

It took a bit of time to find out what the hell a Kongo was. So now you know.

Non Sequitur

:lol: That was pretty loving funny, Wiley!

Heavenly Nostrils still off a day.

Bloooooot!

9 Chickweed Lane 8/2/2003

Zits

Naw, you're overreacting. They still have their clothes on.

Kevin & Kell

Well, I guess I'm interested in the reason for the lockdown at the predator camp. Are the herbivores retaliating or something?

E: Whoops, double posted HN. Wouldn't want anyone to miss Brooke's amazingly dull storyline.

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 2, 2014

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

RandomFerret posted:

Pooch Café

Oh no, Poncho's got the toxo!

Moo Mittens now walks around naked and gives no fucks.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

Well, I guess I'm interested in the reason for the lockdown at the predator camp. Are the herbivores retaliating or something?

Obviously Coney couldn't help herself and ate all the kids in Herbivore Camp. Oh, kids. :3: :unsmigghh:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

9 Chickweed Lane 8/2/2003

I'm glad this guy still learned to write with his horribly deformed hand.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Great Moments in Rock 'n' Roll

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

I wouldn't complain too much, they're still out at the park doing stuff.

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

You know, I once had a cat that liked to climb underneath the bedsheets and sleep directly on top of the mattress. Pretty sure it somehow managed to escape ever being accidentally sat on.

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dick Tracy

Pfft, umbrellas. Losers.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I was definitely expecting another "one man couldn't possibly own two [item]!" with suspect #3 hiding the killer in his house.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I have to admit I get such a perverse glee out of the insanity of Inspector Danger. Please never stop posting it.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Wanamingo posted:

Pfft, umbrellas. Losers.

I love how the first guy immediately panics and shouts that he's innocent as soon as he sees Inspector Danger. It truly must be horrible existence to live in Inspector Danger's world. They should take Patrice O'Neal's advice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrBPmoIAyts&t=97s

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
I can't believe Mary Worth of all comics has become the most infuriating strip posted.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Dr. Dos posted:

I can't believe Mary Worth of all comics has become the most infuriating strip posted.

Look at the post above yours, read the comic that's in it, and try saying that again.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Wanamingo posted:

Pfft, umbrellas. Losers.

WHAT THE gently caress

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

EasyEW posted:

No action-movie director or star has ever said this. gently caress off, Batiuk.

Cow and Boy

Sherman's Lagoon

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.
Inspector Danger is amazing. It's like the guy has seen Slylock Fox and read Two Minute Mysteries and loved them both and wanted to combine them, but completely missed the point of them.

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.

Yes, those are real quotes from those guys.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:laffo: This shouldn't be funny but it is anyway

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (August 4, 1956)

Peanuts: Year One (January 18-20, 1951)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Looks like Mary's almost ready to take the place of Olive's mom.

Rex Morgan MD

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

Evil Mastermind posted:

The Dinette Set

A viaduct?! Okay, but you gonna die.

Pickles drinks champaigne from a lady's slipper.

Bleeker was a day ahead without my realizing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

I really hope they explain at some point why she's so freaked out by the doctor, and that it doesn't just end with her going to a different doctor and thanking Mary for helping her parents listen to her.

• Locked thread