Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
e: never mind

Wheezle fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Aug 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

King Doom posted:

Can you just make everyone in this thread a mod for a day? I promise the CF forums will be scoured down to the bedrock within moments.

I can see it now.

Opening post in a thread posted:

whuch rase ais ur favorit

mine is a avien

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST. Reason: Gotta' ban someone.)

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Hey I just saw Guardians of the Galaxy. Can Starboard just be that?

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Shoehead posted:

Did you get my dick message?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Shoehead posted:

I AM GROOT

demanrisu
Aug 2, 2014

weh

SubNat posted:

Speaking of ship layouts! :haw:
One of my mods is finally almost done! ( e: atleast the v o.9 edition.)
Gonna' toss it onto the Starbound modsite in a bit.

Yo! I think you (or someone else) posted this somewhere. maybe /r/starbound. Anyway, it looks really good! One question, though - what's that bit on the top above the cockpit meant to be?

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

demanrisu posted:

Yo! I think you (or someone else) posted this somewhere. maybe /r/starbound. Anyway, it looks really good! One question, though - what's that bit on the top above the cockpit meant to be?

Spaceship mohawk / Sensor suite was my main intention.
I mainly added it to break up the design a bit and add some heft around the cockpit, and to mirror the design of some of my earlier ships by having a lump around the same place near the top/back.

There isn't really a whole lot more to it than that, honestly.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Goons ruin everything

(I wonder who was the idiot who leaked this?)

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I didn't even realize this was a thing :allears:

They are just mad at not having their own secret clubhouse.

EDIT: I like "Gasp!" for some reason.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 3, 2014

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Section Z posted:

I enjoyed the reddit post that's all indignant about it and the comments are like 'alright.'

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Little do the Starbound forum users know, Starbound actually has two special forums for discussing the game; one of which is called the Starbound thread on The Something Awful Forums, you may have heard of it.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

oh no, the devs chose to hang out with the people who have the least chance of being terrible nerds and trying to get them deported/demanding to see what money is being spent on/being lovely people in general over a videogame that is, in fact, being developed at a slow-ish but steady pace despite what some people want to claim

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Sadly inevitable. I hope this doesn't cause poor Tiy and Molly too much stress, but it's hardly going to derail development. A pity, there was some fun interaction in there.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Section Z posted:

"okay." is the best. Shame it's a the bottom.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Everything about that thread is hilarious. Holy poo poo.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
At least they haven't found the other subforum yet, that would be scandalous

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Section Z posted:

I liked "Gasp!" too.

It was me

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

oh no not private usergroups

So...am I just not cool enough to have already been told about secret GOON subforum for ruining Starbound?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
How could anyone get worked up over something this unexciting?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Wait until they hear about the goongoku subforum, where selected goons make can make direct suggestions to the design and gameplay staff in real time!

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
I didn't know this existed. Then again I wouldn't want to post on the Starbound forums in any capacity.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Redditor posted:

The problem being CF is giving goons preferential treatment.
I don't know about you, but I think the community's ideas should be judged based on merit, not based on whatever super secret club they belong to.
We even got to see first hand what sort of preferential treatment goons receive in the community thread on this very topic, as "regular" posters received warnings while goons got off scot-free with their substandard posting.
Hmm let's see what this person considers a "regular poster" who was unfairly targeted

quote:

Wow yea why would that post ever get moderated? I sure hope we solve this mystery.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

WarpedNaba posted:

Wait until they hear about the goongoku subforum, where selected goons make can make direct suggestions to the design and gameplay staff in real time!

The secret hiding place of the CumGun™.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Yeah, they really loving loved me. Apparently I was getting reported a mile a minute.

I'm also very passive aggressive and apparently I have sucked all the dicks in Chucklefish. In a row!

BUTTERWORBS
Oct 16, 2002

Loxbourne posted:

I hope this doesn't cause poor Tiy and Molly too much stress, but it's hardly going to derail development

thank god, wouldn't want to slow down this bullet train lmao

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

BUTTERWORBS posted:

:eyepop:

Check this fucker out. Saying whats on my mind before I realize it.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Jackard posted:

On the internet, where everybody is the specialest snowflake, there are a poo poo load of people who melt down every time somebody appears to be specialer than they are. It's part of why goons are frequently hated wherever they go.

ToxicSlurpee fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 3, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

BUTTERWORBS posted:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Woah, check out these sick burns. It seems SA is not the paywalled haven they would have you believe!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Jackard posted:

Hmm let's see what this person considers a "regular poster" who was unfairly targeted

Wow yea why would that post ever get moderated? I sure hope we solve this mystery.

That was me, I did that :v:

My favorite thing to come out of all of this is that there's apparently more than the Goon subforum. But who knows it could be bullshit.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Shoehead posted:

My favorite thing to come out of all of this is that there's apparently more than the Goon subforum. But who knows it could be bullshit.
I hear there is a secret pony subforum which is totally real and not made up by BRAWW on the spot.

BUTTERWORBS posted:

:master:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Shoehead posted:

That was me, I did that :v:

We aren't nearly as special as we originally thought, we should take up arms.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Jackard posted:

I hear there is a secret pony subforum which is totally real and not made up by BRAWW on the spot.

:master:

Braww never lies, that's why everyone hates him. Too honest for his own good.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Jackard posted:

What amazing forums. It's definitely the goons that are ruining Starbound.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Oh poo poo! [BREAKING][CONSPIRACY]

http://www.reddit.com/r/Drama/comments/2cgpi0/breaking_conspiracy_vg_discovers_starbound_forums/

We need to get our team of lawyers on this ASAP. Damage control is a bitch, but I'm sure we can pull enough strings with our puppet mods/devs to get everyone that even mentions goons banned. Make sure comments get filtered so that only goon posts can be seen on the official forums so that it looks like nothing is going on.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Saxophone posted:

Oh poo poo! [BREAKING][CONSPIRACY]

http://www.reddit.com/r/Drama/comments/2cgpi0/breaking_conspiracy_vg_discovers_starbound_forums/

We need to get our team of lawyers on this ASAP. Damage control is a bitch, but I'm sure we can pull enough strings with our puppet mods/devs to get everyone that even mentions goons banned. Make sure comments get filtered so that only goon posts can be seen on the official forums so that it looks like nothing is going on.

Well, I wasn't invited into the super cool secret Starbound forums, but at least I'm part of the secret cabal of SA members who don't have to pay :10bux: every month. :smuggo:

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Jackard posted:

I wonder.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Ernie Muppari posted:

Well, I wasn't invited into the super cool secret Starbound forums, but at least I'm part of the secret cabal of SA members who don't have to pay :10bux: every month. :smuggo:

My Uncle works at Chucklefish, so I pretty much get to ban anyone I want!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

dog kisser posted:

I enjoyed the reddit post that's all indignant about it and the comments are like 'alright.'
No you don't understand this is a huge deal entitling me to a refund because

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

The best part is the set of imgur screenshots that are just the tamest possible bullshit.

• Locked thread