Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plan Z
May 6, 2012

kalstrams posted:

Just queue up? :confused:

My wait times have been insane, no matter how many people are in queue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Note to self: find out later how the Spitfire Mk 1a is capable of turning on a dime from a 250 kph climb and following a Bf 109 into a 500+ kph shallow dive

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

YellerBill posted:

Note to self: find out later how the Spitfire Mk 1a is capable of turning on a dime from a 250 kph climb and following a Bf 109 into a 500+ kph shallow dive

AB?

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Yeah that's not going to happen in RB, especially when it has to roll into the dive or lose power momentarily. If it did happen in RB, then I'm pretty sure it was going a bit faster than 250kph.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
He probably mistook a Yak for a Spitfire.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

El Disco posted:

Yeah that's not going to happen in RB, especially when it has to roll into the dive or lose power momentarily. If it did happen in RB, then I'm pretty sure it was going a bit faster than 250kph.

No, this was RB, Japan vs Britain (:japan: 109E-3) and that's what I don't understand. Unless the guy who caught up to me in the dive was a different spit who I didn't see at first, though looking back on it that may have been what happened.

e: watched the replay, that's what happened :downs:

Ferrovanadium fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 4, 2014

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Plan Z posted:

My wait times have been insane, no matter how many people are in queue.

From 9AM EST to around 5PM EST, wait times aren't so bad. It's night time where everything goes to poo poo, and even during prime time, I don't even try getting battles in tier 4+ tanks.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I went through the pain of the Tiger 2 with the Porsche turret only to find out the second turret isn't much better.

Well, I guess having the tank be rendered useless by a single shot to the turret is a slight improvement over having it blow up instantly.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

YellerBill posted:

No, this was RB, Japan vs Britain (:japan: 109E-3) and that's what I don't understand. Unless the guy who caught up to me in the dive was a different spit who I didn't see at first, though looking back on it that may have been what happened.

e: watched the replay, that's what happened :downs:

I've been flying the E-3 a lot lately because it goes up against early Spits and they can't do anything to gain the advantage. Spits/Hurricanes are one of the easiest fighters in the game to energy trap and just toy with until you get bored of their horizontal turning and attempts to prop hang at you.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Thief posted:

I've been flying the E-3 a lot lately because it goes up against early Spits and they can't do anything to gain the advantage. Spits/Hurricanes are one of the easiest fighters in the game to energy trap and just toy with until you get bored of their horizontal turning and attempts to prop hang at you.

The e3 is so fun to fly, and it really is one of the best planes at its tier. I'm pretty glad I missed its 'bad' days .

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Those bad days were much needed because before that it turned even better than the current F-2 variant.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
My phone post status is regrettable, because this winter soldier movie is rife with wt aaa gif potential.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Not sure why anyone flys p-400s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfoJB3wk5A0

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
War Thunder: The Anime

Bonus gif:

FW rollin, we hatin

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
The dark American v American future of War Thunder:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Holy poo poo. What adult swim video is that from?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Artificer posted:

robot chicken: shirt tales/red tails sketch

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Artificer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8Ari1r-FLw

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

note the mounted bazookas :patriot:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
T2 premium plane grind mission information coming in 1h-2h (from this edit) time :wtf:

Nope. From the russian forum, translated red text

quote:

Dear players, we apologize.

The action is delayed for technical reasons, the timing will be announced later.

Topic for discussion will be opened after the official announcement.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Aug 4, 2014

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
You know what plane doesn't get enough hate around here? The Typhoon. I get my poo poo pushed in every time I go against one. When I BnZ, their engines are strong enough to keep up with me through half my climb, so I get shredded and if I try to out maneuver one, I end up with a dead pilot. gently caress those guys forever

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The Door Frame posted:

You know what plane doesn't get enough hate around here? The Typhoon. I get my poo poo pushed in every time I go against one. When I BnZ, their engines are strong enough to keep up with me through half my climb, so I get shredded and if I try to out maneuver one, I end up with a dead pilot. gently caress those guys forever

We generally don't hate planes that are strong and are kicking our arses becuase we know it is our fault. Most of them time.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Michaellaneous posted:

We generally don't hate planes that are strong and are kicking our arses becuase we know it is our fault. Most of them time.

That's why I don't hate the German energy fighters, they're faster, stronger and all around better than my American ones. If I don't kill them on my first pass, I'm in for a world of hurt, but if I face one in a Japanese or British fighter, I can out turn them. The typhoon consistently wrecks my poo poo every time I go against one

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
The typhoon has a weak elevator, you should be looping not turning, or do high speed rolls with it to get on its tail.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
War thunder "Player Council", great another way for spergs with an agenda to try to get their lovely ideas passed on to Gaijin. I have a feeling that nothing good will come from this "democratically elected institution".

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
We could try to get a goon in there to get some good ideas punched through, like the 'SPAAG or plane as secondary choice in CA mode'. But I haven't opend the pdf yet... is there some restriction like forum activity, etc? Or just a vote thing.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Dramicus posted:

War thunder "Player Council", great another way for spergs with an agenda to try to get their lovely ideas passed on to Gaijin. I have a feeling that nothing good will come from this "democratically elected institution".

It will just be another proof that democracy doesn't work.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Man that's a bad idea.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Democracy posted:

Anyone who has previously signed an NDA with Gaijin, including employees and
volunteers current and past, interns, family members of Gaijin employees, as well as
other gaming company employees, affiliates and partners, are ineligible for a place
in the WTPC.

Didn't all the people in the closed beta for ground combat sign an NDA? :confused:

Also the whole document just looks like it has been thrown together by an intern who got the duty "Write some paper on some lovely player council" without actually having any knowledge on how such things work.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
The requirements to get anyone on the player council are tailor made to select the most autistic fanboys that will probably obsess over minute details that nobody actually cares about and other poo poo that doesn't matter. Even if you got a goon on it, people can only serve 'one term', and then they're gone.

It will be just as stupid and useless as everything else.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Michaellaneous posted:

Didn't all the people in the closed beta for ground combat sign an NDA? :confused:
Yes, they all fall under "past volunteers". But that's not even really a thing. I wonder how do Gaijin interpret "other gaming company affiliates and partners".

Booya
Feb 17, 2012

Wooper posted:

War Thunder: The Anime

Bonus gif:

FW rollin, we hatin

What is this from, and is it good?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Heliosicle posted:

The typhoon has a weak elevator, you should be looping not turning, or do high speed rolls with it to get on its tail.

Oh yeah, I have 3 dimensions to work with

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Booya posted:

What is this from, and is it good?

Cockpit - Episode 1, it's not really good but somewhat entertaining for it's skewed/weird view on history. Like nazis are not that bad, cause they were honorable warrior like people who didn't nuke anyone... unlike those dirty, unhonorable americans that you learn about in episode 2.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
gently caress revisionist anime.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe
I need some RB advice regarding the 109, or how to not consistently be poo poo with it.

The basic concept of the BnZ is using the lightweight/streamlined nature of the plane to transfer energy from kinetic to potential and back again, and in the case of the 109, this is minimal turning, instead relying on diving on a target, making a passing shot, then climbing back out. Obviously this requires a height advantage to begin with.

So at the moment, I climb as much as I can and avoid any encounters that I don't have the advantage for with broad spiralling climbs. My problem is the diving bit. How high above the thing that I'm attempting to shoot should I be when starting the dive? When flying out, what sort of angle should I be at? I shouldn't be turning during the dive as that bleeds energy, so you just take misses and be patient?

Appreciate the help.

Edit: apologies if I'm on your team while flying the 109. I'm attempting to be less poo poo.

Hav fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 4, 2014

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Hav posted:

I need some RB advice regarding the 109, or how to not consistently be poo poo with it.

The basic concept of the BnZ is using the lightweight/streamlined nature of the plane to transfer energy from kinetic to potential and back again, and in the case of the 109, this is minimal turning, instead relying on diving on a target, making a passing shot, then climbing back out. Obviously this requires a height advantage to begin with.

So at the moment, I climb as much as I can and avoid any encounters that I don't have the advantage for with broad spiralling climbs. My problem is the diving bit. How high above the thing that I'm attempting to shoot should I be when starting the dive? When flying out, what sort of angle should I be at? I shouldn't be turning during the dive as that bleeds energy, so you just take misses and be patient?

Appreciate the help.

Actually I believe heavy planes are better at the pure boom and zoom. They're able to fall faster and retain more of that energy for the climb.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hav posted:

While I do not BnZ frequently, in general you have to avoid anything related to bleeding energy and misses are a thing to be sucked up.

Edit: Maybe you can go for repeated shot after a miss, but in my case I prefer to turn out above my target so I usually just go on for another run.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Hav posted:

Appreciate the help.

Edit: apologies if I'm on your team while flying the 109. I'm attempting to be less poo poo.

No, BnZ is better off done with heavier planes, like the Thunderbolt. Heavier planes build up more stored kinetic energy due to their weight and as such can generally zoom climb longer than a light plane like the 109. 109s in particular can't achieve especially high speeds in a dive, which limits how much energy they can build up. Compared to planes like the Thunderbolt and Corsair, 109s are bad boomers.

Planes like the 109 are light and have large powerplants, and excel at rapidly expending and then regaining energy over and over, a la loops, rolls, and yo-yos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Generally you should consider that your first few dives are not there to actually hit him, but to force the enemy down or waste energy. Just act like you would attack, fire a few tracers and make him act.

High energy targets are rather difficult to hit, and you have to be amazingly good at deflections and prediction to pull it off with the BF.

Take your time, having a friend watching out over you helps while you do your moves.

• Locked thread