Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Lemon King posted:

I understood what you meant.
As for components besides what the only way is to increase font size is the scale each component on the grid.

Wow, I have been looking at the UI options for this for quite a while. I had no idea you could mouse over elements and scale them by scrolling the mouse wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
This SOCKERR_CONNECT_TIMEOUT bug is loving bullshit. I am sitting here wanting to play but waiting for some guy somewhere to reset a setting on my account.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Mistikman posted:

This SOCKERR_CONNECT_TIMEOUT bug is loving bullshit. I am sitting here wanting to play but waiting for some guy somewhere to reset a setting on my account.

It's Sunday. It will be interesting to see if anything is done today at all.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

How does one craft hybrid color ability modules?

I had assumed that researching two of the constituent colours would allow me to make them... but no dice.

Im trying to make orange mods, but to no avail. I can only do yellow and red.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I don't think you can craft them, you'll have to find them, buy them from traders, or buy them on the marketplace.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Fina posted:

I don't think you can craft them, you'll have to find them, buy them from traders, or buy them on the marketplace.

I hope this is rectified, then.
Not being able to craft more than half of the viable mods is a bit of a punch in the dick.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

DarkDobe posted:

Not being able to craft more than half of the viable mods is a bit of a punch in the dick.

Yup, crafting is a joke at the moment. In order to craft 1 epic item you need to salvage at least 2 other epic items, plus farming resources, and salvaging other rare/uncommon items. I think all of crafting will have to be rectified to make it even remotely worthwhile. I'm sad I spent so much Crystite back into research expecting crafting to be similar to pre-patch.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Yeah, crafting in general sucks. The sheer number of crystite and research points you need to research a level 40 item is completely absurd. You could instead convert that crystite to credits and buy the item you wanted to craft off of the marketplace a dozen times over.

Aupuch
Jul 25, 2000
Forum Veteran

Mistikman posted:

Looks like someone is working the issue. ~3 hours and 7 pages later.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Fina posted:

Yeah, crafting in general sucks. The sheer number of crystite and research points you need to research a level 40 item is completely absurd. You could instead convert that crystite to credits and buy the item you wanted to craft off of the marketplace a dozen times over.

And for every 10 people that do just that there will be one very rich crafter who invested the one time research fee to sell them.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I don't know about that. I researched the plasma cannon and went to the marketplace to buy some of the crafting components I was missing, and then I searched the cannon itself and ended up buying a better weapon for less than the price of the crafting components to create it.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Digital_Jesus posted:

And for every 10 people that do just that there will be one very rich crafter who invested the one time research fee to sell them.

Hardly. Crafters have to buy materials, which currently are more valuable than the item you make from them.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Something is up with my dread. :devil:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOA36Q6JNqw

e: Thumping with Goons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq_h1AI40MA

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Aug 4, 2014

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

2:55 is loving magical.

"Oh hey guys what's goi-"
*slide whistle*

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Played a bit. Got to level 6, did the campaign mission 1. So, what else is there to do? I dont get my next campaign mission till 10. Is the only thing to do in game is job board stuff?

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Madcosby posted:

Played a bit. Got to level 6, did the campaign mission 1. So, what else is there to do? I dont get my next campaign mission till 10. Is the only thing to do in game is job board stuff?

You can find open world ares missions (different from the job board), random giant creatures, and squad based content such as thumping with other players.

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

I was in one of the early closed beta phases for this, I remember enjoying it but there not being much game in the game. I also remember being fairly annoyed when they reworked the medic, I liked being basically a TF2 medic dammit.

But a buddy of mine works at Red5 as an effects artist, something I completely forgot about until he asked if I wanted a free deluxe edition code. The game is so much better now it's not even funny, the only thing I miss is the arena-style PVP which was a fun break when you got tired of grind. Not that there's much grind in the game nowadays.

It's actually somewhat sad wandering around and finding all these little areas that were obviously built for some specific purpose, but are now just used for the not-frequent-enough ares missions. Same with wandering around Copa, weird empty spots where weapon vendors used to be, etc.

I was having a blast playing the firecat until I hit level 10. It kindof sucks that battleframes designed for AOE really hit a wall at 10 when the game starts tossing humanoid enemies with giant sacks of HP at you. It just never felt like the firecat weapon could dish out enough damage before the laser accurate bastards shot me up. But it got me trying all the different frames, and I'm really enjoying the bastion now. The turrets are nice, but I absolutely adore the sticky grenade launcher. I've always been best with lob-style weapons in games like these, and ones that let you play tactically are just icing.

It is a shame that there's no automatic downlevelling or some other incentive to return to the early areas. I still enjoy dropping a squad thumper right outside Copa just to bring some of the old beta thumper swarms of enemies back.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

Enos Shenk posted:

I also remember being fairly annoyed when they reworked the medic, I liked being basically a TF2 medic dammit.

Yes, absolutely. The old medic was aces. Also, the way they butchered the jumpjet power and made the player slip off of ledges took so much fun out of the game and is one of the primary reasons travel feels so terrible unless you have a bike.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Lemon King posted:

You can find open world ares missions (different from the job board), random giant creatures, and squad based content such as thumping with other players.

I heard your name dropped in one of the quests, but I forgot which. I remember seeing you around since early beta but is there a specific story to that reference?

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
Is firefall VIP worth the beans if you are paying real cash for'em?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Kilazar posted:

Is firefall VIP worth the beans if you are paying real cash for'em?

It seemed to be the one thing that wasn't cheaper if you converted beans to credit. The glider is nice, but it's not hard to stay stocked on 1-use glider pads. Otherwise it's really just +25% exp.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
yeah I was kinda looking at it mostly for the boosted glider.

My friend picked up the game again after not playing it forever, and he has some boosted glider from alpha or some poo poo. So it's annoying trying to keep up with him on world tours.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Trilin posted:

I heard your name dropped in one of the quests, but I forgot which. I remember seeing you around since early beta but is there a specific story to that reference?
Search around on the Firefall forum for my threads. ;)

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Lemon King posted:

Search around on the Firefall forum for my threads. ;)

Ah, gotcha. I hadn't looked that way yet.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
How the hell do you re-enable the action bar? Mine is gone and I can't seem to make it appear again.

Nevermind.

/rui

Monolith. fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Aug 4, 2014

Bear Throne
Apr 9, 2014
Are any of the Arsenal skills worth replacing? Also, does explosive rounds work with their weapon skills?

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Fina posted:

Yeah, I've been meaning to ask for a while if researching anything on your first frame while leveling is worthwhile before it reaches level 40. After playing through several other MMOs with ambitious crafting systems I'm expecting the answer to be something akin to saving crystite/credits until 40 and try to buy other pilot licenses if you're not spending red beans on them, or credits for end-game level gear. Post-25 it seems the final campaign mission Blackwater Anomaly is the hot-poo poo place to farm and I'm expecting there's a good chance of gear upgrades in there making research a bit obsolete.

Making blue-quality abilities has been pretty fun though :science:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Well I have found researching modules to green to be generally worth it for leveling, haven't really started making GBS threads out 40 purples though and as far as gear goes it varies, you're generally better off just grabbing a blue now and again off the market, especially at 40. Unless of course you already know someone who will build stuff for you for materials.

BWA drops really good stuff but I'd be careful about it. I spent an hour soloing the boss only to find out that the Recluse gun is complete poo poo because it pretty much gives up on AoE in favor of direct damage and you really want that AoE.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Two things would make this game 100 times better. First, add a phone system where you can call your contacts without having to hoof it back to their lazy asses between every quest. Make it so you can just pick up new missions by phone without having to return to the board as well. Two, make job board missions have a max distance of 400 meters between every objective. I understand they want to sell bikes and cover up their lack of content, but even on a purchased bike the constant 1200 meter journeys for every step of a job board mission make me want to log off.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
The thing with the Ares missions is that they look for an empty part of the world to spawn in. That's why it often takes a while to load the next objective, the game is waiting for another quest to clear up a spot in the world for it to spawn the quest in. Sometimes an NPC will be in one place to give you the mission and then they're out in the middle of nowhere for you to turn the thing in.

I'm not sure how this will work when the servers are loaded though.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Bear Throne posted:

Are any of the Arsenal skills worth replacing? Also, does explosive rounds work with their weapon skills?
Combat Shotgun and Particle Beam aren't scaling damage so they are really underpowered. Explosive Rounds works with the LMG, so equip that. I currently have Heavy Armor for my other ability, but pretty much all of the Dread abilities are great.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Apple Craft posted:

Yes, absolutely. The old medic was aces. Also, the way they butchered the jumpjet power and made the player slip off of ledges took so much fun out of the game and is one of the primary reasons travel feels so terrible unless you have a bike.

I miss having all the extra jj energy from CPU too, but what you say about slipping off edges is backwards. It's soooo much better now than it used to be. It's actually possible to get a momentary footing on an angled surface now so you can jump up and get over. Before 1.0 it would always make you jump off at the same angle ensuring you'd never get over the edge.

Eltoasto posted:

It seemed to be the one thing that wasn't cheaper if you converted beans to credit. The glider is nice, but it's not hard to stay stocked on 1-use glider pads. Otherwise it's really just +25% exp.

...and 8 extra market slots, and 25% more crystite from missions and drops. It's also supposed to increase your printer slots from 2 to 4 which used to be the main selling point for me but I think it's bugged because after VIP ran out for me, I still have 4 printer slots. I'm waiting to see if the same thing happens on my other accounts.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Nalin posted:

Combat Shotgun and Particle Beam aren't scaling damage so they are really underpowered. Explosive Rounds works with the LMG, so equip that. I currently have Heavy Armor for my other ability, but pretty much all of the Dread abilities are great.

Combat Shotgun and Particle Beam were really awesome when I started out, but yes, they scale pretty badly. I currently run heavy armor, turret mode and explosive rounds with my Arsenal cause I'm an Idiot who just plays Arsenal cause I think it's the nicest looking Dreadnaught frame.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Combat Shotgun has never been good.

Edit: Also gonna need a fuckton of semiconductors, if anybody has extras or wants to trade for metals or other crafting poo poo I'm sure I could make it worth your while.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 4, 2014

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

DarkDobe posted:

I wonder if the hybrid mods will be recipe unlocks you have to purchase or obtain in the game.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

I was talking about the Ding Squirrel addon the other day on Mumble. I remembered to take a screen shot this time.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Hey Inimicul, I think you friended me the other day since I applied for Goon2. In as Rootcellar, just haven't been online much in the past 2 days.

eth0.n
Jun 1, 2012
Am I correct that the Tesla Rifle gains no benefit from Rate-of-Fire modules? It doesn't show any difference on the item stats. Seems like the best way to go is maximum ammo capacity. Nothing else seems to matter.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

I wish the Samurai Mask would use the frame colors, cause than I'd be able to use the unicorn color sheme with it... but this will have to do. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Morglon posted:

BWA drops really good stuff but I'd be careful about it. I spent an hour soloing the boss only to find out that the Recluse gun is complete poo poo because it pretty much gives up on AoE in favor of direct damage and you really want that AoE.

Are you sure you're using a bio crossbow? Because recluse is literally the fart out aoe clouds: the frame.

• Locked thread