Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

comes along bort posted:

Not mentioned in that clip but the upset guy is from Heritage Foundation, because of course.

He's on the Sunday circuit rather often and has perfected the art of playing the victim. Dude is insufferable, but that's surely a requirement to work at Heritage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damonic
Jan 17, 2006
Juan: "The Tea Party is mostly older white people"
Fox Douche: "You're the one demonizing people!"

Geez! I don't know what to say or do except laugh.

edit: I love it at the end when he just looked away and grimaced like "gently caress this guy". :)

Damonic fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Aug 4, 2014

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

Sir Tonk posted:

This guy, geez. Racist people sure do get upset when you call them out.

That guy was the whiniest racist I can remember seeing on Fox News.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Oh god, he's using "gang" to invoke violent thugs instead of "group of old friends" isn't he

It's well known that "Our Gang" AKA The Little Rascals were a mob of violent children employed by various illicit alcohol distribution outfits during Prohibition.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Darkman Fanpage posted:

It's well known that "Our Gang" AKA The Little Rascals were a mob of violent children employed by various illicit alcohol distribution outfits during Prohibition.

That would've made those old shorts watchable.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Behold! Witness the consequences of Obama's constant demonization of success:

quote:

Twin Cities talk-show host Jason Lewis made a sudden exit from radio Thursday night, quitting in the middle of his syndicated show, heard locally on Clear Channel’s KTLK (1130 AM).

Reached Friday morning, the conservative commentator said he decided to end “The Jason Lewis Show” to devote his full attention to his fledgling libertarian website, Galt.io, but also to put his money where his mouth is on taxation and highly regulated businesses.

“There’s a tipping point for everyone and for the economy as well,” he said. “I’m going to try to make certain [Minnesota Gov.] Mark Dayton gets as little of my money as possible going forward. My ending may have been a bit dramatic, but it’s a suitable one, because it’s happening all over. If people who take capital risks keep getting demonized, they will stop playing the game.”

Lewis made a 15-minute video that the site calls a “parody of what it is like working in a highly regulated industry and some of the events that led to his decision” to end his show.

Galt.io, named for John Galt, the protagonist of libertarian hero Ayn Rand’s 1957 novel “Atlas Shrugged,” will be a “marketplace for causes,” said Lewis, who plans to contribute commentary as well. “We want to reward activism, but have fun as well, offering rewards for points.”

The site’s members are part of a virtual economy that uses “Galtcoins,” earned through dividends, voting and updates, to invest in such causes as supporting the Keystone XL pipeline or contributing to a political candidate’s campaign.

The site was launched after an independent crowdfunding campaign last November that raised nearly $800,000, largely on the strength of on-air promotions by Lewis, whose show was carried by more than 50 stations nationwide. According to the site’s co-founder and president, tech start-up consultant Alex Huff, most contributions were in the $25 range, with fewer than 10 topping $1,000.

The 7,000-member site had been invitation-only, Lewis said, but the goal is to expand membership and increase capital.

Here's his "parody" video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yYYPMnJYPI

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Yeah, that was the fakest poo poo that I've ever seen or heard of. Lewis has spent the last 6-8 months pimping his stupid website on-air and having fake callers blow him over how awesome it was going to be. He's been a smug, heartless, libertarian shitheel his entire time in the studio and I can only hope that he falls flat on his face with his lovely, pandering website.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
OH GOD how will this society survive without the efforts of a D-list AM talk radio host????

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That's it. I've had it. I'm going Galt!

*Immediately starves*

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

skaboomizzy posted:

OH GOD how will this society survive without the efforts of a D-list AM talk radio host????

Even worse, he had his producer come on after he "went Galt" and be all, "Jason? Dude? Hey audience, Jason totally just got up like a major badass and walked off to lead the revolution of the Makers over the Takers. He'll catch you at Galt.io and on the flip side!"

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
$800,000 for some goofy loving libertarian rpg site. This guy is a genius.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Hahahaha!

I've never actually visited until just now, but here is their introduction.

quote:

Galt.io is a members-only network of makers inspired by “Galt’s Gulch” from Ayn Rand’s classic novel “Atlas Shrugged”. Members are part of a virtual economy that uses Galtcoins to invest in causes. Unlike social networks that gather around frivolous interactions between members, Galt.io members collaborate around serious issues concerning our country, politics and government. Members who contribute to the community earn Galtcoins through dividends, voting and updates.

Galt.io launched on May 15, 2014 and has already become the most engaging network anywhere on the internet. Our members are more active and dig deeper than any other network in the world, period. The economy has already grown to over 1.1 billion Galtcoins and 6.4 million shares owned. What was originally intended as a small but powerful community has already grown to over 4 thousand Members and continues to see accelerated growth every day. This has happened despite the membership requirement of having to be invited by an existing member. Even with the growth we’ve seen, we have been unable to accomodate the growing demand of people who want to become members and can’t find an invite.

While we still consider Galt.io to be in BETA, we are taking steps to help the community grow by accepting new members without losing sight of our commitment to quality over quantity when it comes to our members.

Galt.io started out as a Crowdfunding effort with the goal of raising $250K to begin development of the vision. The goal was surpassed the next day and eventually brought in pledges of over $800K and was one of the most successful Crowdfunding campaigns in history. This accomplishment is even more amazing when you consider that it was done independently, without the benefit of an established crowdfunding network. While the levels of engagement we’ve seen have exceeded even our expectations, the crowdfunding success can be attributed to our members/pledgers who, like us, saw the need for something like Galt.io to exist and put their time and money behind it to make it happen.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
It's gonna be great when the IRS eats his soul for not reporting any of this income.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Mark DuPlasse has really let himself go.

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003

Wow, this has almost as many strawmen in it as the political cartoon thread.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

When you sign up you have to choose your top 5 priorities from a list. I chose legalize marijuana 5 times. America will blaze it in 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Ninjasaurus posted:

That guy was the whiniest racist I can remember seeing on Fox News.

He reminded me of South Park's version of John Edward, just replace "douche" with "racist."

edit

They have a channel labeled iPhone. What radio station has a channel specifically for iPhones?

Wait, why did he start with the song from Blazing Saddles?

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Aug 4, 2014

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

Sir Tonk posted:

I was just going to post that. It's totally the Blazing Saddles theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-HRbsejTyw

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Sir Tonk posted:

The sheriff is near?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Zeroisanumber posted:

Hahahaha!

American Heroes?

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Zeroisanumber posted:

Hahahaha!

So I'm lost as to the point of this. First, it's crowdfunded, which seems to be antithetical to the whole "libertarian" philosophy. Second, the entire site is build on open source web components, like Bootstrap (could tell the minute I saw that hamburger icon, didn't even need the dev tools open to see that) and JQuery. Now, those are awesome tools, but they were built by people who contribute their time and energy to them for no money, nor really fame. They just want to build cool stuff and give it back to the community, source and all, for free... in other words, the total loving opposite of what a libertarian would get behind.

Of course, libertarian being hypocritical is not really a new thing. I just don't get it.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

King Metal
Jun 15, 2001

N. Senada posted:

American Heroes?

Rocky and Tyler Durden... why not the GREATEST American Hero?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

King Metal posted:

Rocky and Tyler Durden... why not the GREATEST American Hero?

Not quite!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

N. Senada posted:

American Heroes?

President Lincoln, famous Libertarian.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

N. Senada posted:

American Heroes?

I thought this was a joke until I actually went to the website.

Danaerys Targaryen? Brad PittTyler Durden? Rocky (I actually thought this was Bruce Lee at first glance)? Katniss? What looks like Rorschach from The Watchmen? The Statue of Liberty?

Nothing like shooting down Libertarianism like pointing out that virtually all of your loving poster-child heroes are fictional to really enliven that libertine spirit, am I right?

Not to mention Abraham Lincoln (:lol:) and noted B-list actor Ronald Reagan.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Nothing like shooting down Libertarianism like pointing out that virtually all of your loving poster-child heroes are fictional to really enliven that libertine spirit, am I right?

It's doubly funny in that Rorschach was made to show how that no-compromises-crazyland-Randite mindset leads to very broken people. It's the equivalent of using I.Y. Yunioshi on an Asian-American website.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
Ah yes, the well known libertarian with objectivist leanings Danaerys Targaryen.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

Ah yes, the well known libertarian with objectivist leanings Danaerys Targaryen.

She's a white lady who ostensibly frees brown people but doesn't actually do anything to help them improve their life after they've received said freedom. Sounds like the right wing to me :v:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The entirety of her power is derived from uncontrollable airborne monsters, though really she prefers to tout her impeccable heritage - a heritage consumed in bloodshed and madness, but ultimately her only link to a forgotten and invented birthright.

Daenarys, not Palin.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I'm sure everyone is very surprised, but apparently Palin's network is one long infomercial for her and whatever bullshit she wants to talk about. It's like Oprah's channel for people that never learned how to read.

Wonkette and a few others are doing coverage.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sir Tonk posted:

I'm sure everyone is very surprised, but apparently Palin's network is one long infomercial for her and whatever bullshit she wants to talk about. It's like Oprah's channel for people that never learned how to read.

Wonkette and a few others are doing coverage.
Seems like it's a cheap direct-to-video knockoff of The Blaze.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

If we treat doctors with Ebola, no one will have any incentive to avoid Ebola and the epidemic will continue.

God, it's like I have to explain the most basic real-world concepts to you dumb liberals.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I just heard some conspiracy theory nut on Fox News that people from Somalia, Egypt, and Libya are coming across the border. People with diseases (apparently Ebola), and the guys source is Breitbart.com. :rolleyes:.

He just said this without citing any sort of real facts, statistics or anything of the sort. It was just met with a nod and a smile from the Fox News host.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

VitalSigns posted:

If we treat doctors with Ebola, no one will have any incentive to avoid Ebola and the epidemic will continue.

I think it's more "Don't help blagh people if you don't want to die horribly".

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Mr Interweb posted:

Behold! Witness the consequences of Obama's constant demonization of success:

"...to invest in such causes as supporting the Keystone XL pipeline..."

Yes I'm sure an infusion of cash donated by AM talk radio fans is exactly what that cause needs.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Meanwhile, Drudge Report doesn't know the difference between Cuba and Puerto Rico's flag.

Drudge Report has something wrong? My word! :monocle:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I had to check that this was not fake because this is something else

Peggy Noonan Everyone

quote:

The president shouldn’t be using a fateful and divisive word like “impeachment” to raise money and rouse his base. He shouldn’t be at campaign-type rallies where he speaks only to the base, he should be speaking to the country. He shouldn’t be out there dropping his g’s, slouching around a podium, complaining about his ill treatment, describing his opponents with disdain: “Stop just hatin’ all the time.”

I hear a faint whistle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Why do various flavors of conservatives love Frederick Douglass, aside from using him as deflection?