Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theadder
Dec 30, 2011

PleasureKevin posted:

judging by the state of those dock icons and the nation itself i find it easier to believe they modified OS X wrote their own Finder and About this Mac and unified menu bar.

it p clearly lunix tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

holy lol if they drop it $50 again i can't wait to see the xbox faithful explode demanding they get a price adjustment, free game, or whatever

anyone should know that buying a launch console is a terrible idea

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
im not into console shames so maybe this is an old observation but every time i hear "xbox one" i think they're talking about the original xbox and wonder why anyone is talking about a machine over a decade old

just seems like a terrible branding choice, from a company with nothing but terrible branding choices

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
i bet they already have the wheels in motion to do something like offer halo 2 remaster free on xbox live as some pittance for two major price drops in a year

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

im not into console shames so maybe this is an old observation but every time i hear "xbox one" i think they're talking about the original xbox and wonder why anyone is talking about a machine over a decade old

just seems like a terrible branding choice, from a company with nothing but terrible branding choices

they really didn't want to use xbox 720 and PS4 > XB3 so they did the third most dumb option

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

they were also completely blindsided by the way everyone decide to call it the "xbone" once the name was announced

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

quote:

Officials from the country's copyright authority asked Microsoft in late 2013 to set prices according to China's situation, improve its services and consider the interests of the country's users of its software.

make your software cheaper. also please do more china-specific stuff.

lmao

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lmao look at this dumbass with his 'numerical order' bullshit. its bideo games not book pages, friend, have a lil imagination!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Thanks Ants posted:

make your software cheaper. also please do more china-specific stuff.

lmao

yeah it's p much a shakedown

pram
Jun 10, 2001
poor microsoft!!!

sports
Sep 1, 2012
microsoft has hosed themselves over by alienating everyone and taking rash, arbitrary hardware decisions.

touch interface is retarded and nobody uses it on laptops. best of all they don't get any money from touch screen manufacturers, it was literally pure conviction and the fact that everybody with a windows computer also owned an ipad that moved them to implement touch interface.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
got to gently caress around with a surface pro 3 today

its light as heck. like really light

the hinge doesnt suck dogballs

lol @ windows 8 being a fuckin touch OS, because it isnt. its bad. real bad

and it was two thousand two hundred dollars, lmao

pram
Jun 10, 2001

graph posted:

got to gently caress around with a surface pro 3 today

its light as heck. like really light

the hinge doesnt suck dogballs

lol @ windows 8 being a fuckin touch OS, because it isnt. its bad. real bad

tell me more about your trip to best buy

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
oh and the pen is lol as gently caress, nothing works with the pen, the pen is useless and by default the top clicky button opens onenote ?????

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

pram posted:

tell me more about your trip to best buy

no my boss ordered it and i get to shame him about it until he ewastes it

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

graph posted:

NOPE

haha jesus, 2 grand is insane for a laptop these days.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

graph posted:

default the top clicky button opens onenote ?????

that is a feature that MS is super proud of BTW. can't wait for people to idly play with the stylus in a meeting and open up a billion onenote instances.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

mod sassinator posted:

that is a feature that MS is super proud of BTW

you know, you can tell because the button is the same color as the endnote icon

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

mod sassinator posted:

haha jesus, 2 grand is insane for a laptop these days.

the rmbp work got for me was 2500 and it is the most magical thing i have ever used in my whole entire life

pram
Jun 10, 2001
they are still selling the pro 2 for $800 lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

incredible

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
everyone i knew who was excited about the surface got their hands on it and progressed from "yeah this is awesome" to "wow what a pos" after about 2 weeks

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
'designed for the power user who doesnt stand still'

can someone translate that for me

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

graph posted:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

graph posted:

designed for this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8To-6VIJZRE

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
that was a real, microsoft developed ad campaign btw

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

graph posted:

'not designed for the power user'

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

this is the saddest, saddest loving poo poo

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

i've done all these things

none of them with microsoft products :smug:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
http://www.zdnet.com/chinese-microsoft-staff-protest-hostile-takeover-of-nokia-unit-violent-job-cuts-7000032287/

Chinese Microsoft staff protest 'hostile' takeover of Nokia unit, 'violent' job cuts posted:

Microsoft employees belonging to Nokia's division in Beijing have held another day of protests against job cuts following the Redmond giant's takeover of the handset unit.

The protests originally attracted hundreds of Microsoft employees, and according to MarketWatch, the second day of protests was held by almost 100 members of staff at Yizhuang industrial park. China's state media reported Sunday that Microsoft plans to cut 4,700 jobs from the Beijing-based unit, which will leave staff numbers of approximately 300, a steep drop from the unit's current staffing levels of 5,000.

Protesters say that Microsoft has broken its promise not to cut jobs within the first year following the acquisition of the Nokia handset division in April. The deal, agreed upon for $7.2 billion, transferred Nokia's handset unit to Microsoft, and also gives the tech giant access to Nokia's patent portfolio for ten years.

China National Radio (CNR) reported on Sunday that in addition to the layoffs, staff are protesting due to "inappropriate" compensation. According to the plan, staff laid off are entitled to two months' salary plus a month's pay for each year worked at the company. However, Nokia staff members told CNR that those who do not sign the plan will be fired, which could be in breach of Chinese labor laws.

Protesters outside the Beijing handset research and development center held slogans which accuse Microsoft of instigating a "hostile" takeover and "violent" layoffs. Reuters sources say the first wave of protest went on for approximately five hours until the protestors "had sore throats" from shouting.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

what are you talking about, microsoft is great at bra

nding

sports
Sep 1, 2012

sweat glands power user.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
please don't post suicide pics

sports
Sep 1, 2012

i hosed my way into this position at github

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

these are making me legit livid.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

that is a feature that MS is super proud of BTW. can't wait for people to idly play with the stylus in a meeting and open up a billion onenote instances.

onenote is actually pretty good note-taking software, but microsoft has this weird obsession with pushing it on people who have absolutely no reason to use it. their material is all "use it to plan vacations! make a shopping list that the wife can update from home while the bumbling husband tries to shop! research online purchases! compile a detailed dossier on your suburban enemies! help your kid with a book report somehow!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
of course theyd name the notepad sequel 'onenote'

• Locked thread