Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I'm taking a break from MMOs until I get under 200 pounds, only got 36 more pounds to go!

You are still legendary in the game.

I may have hit the Pibbletopn problem though--Wushu crashes for me randomly, sometimes even at the login screen or after 5 minutes of play. It's been like this since the latest expansion. Tried just about everything, including the tinfoil hat crap they tell you to do in the tech support thread (install on a non system drive, after defragging it, using administrator mode, with all virus and malware software off, and decapitate three rabbits while turning counterclockwise on your tippy-toes, and all will be well).

Until it's fixed I'll be on sporadically. :( I still enjoy Wushu. Just hit STW.

The level 6 gears have new set effects--there are 6 different set effects for armor, and 6 kinds of weapon bonuses. It's all in Chinagame-ese though, and some of the abilities are very difficult to understand, but they look like some nifty choices to make.

madmario fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I don't even know why I liked age of wushu, and I played it for almost a year and a half and almost every mmo I've played I've quit before the first month was up.

There was a lot of stuff to discover, and a staggering number of skills that actually had some interesting mechanics. The balance for the game was actually pretty tight if you took ancient sets out of the equation. I had a ton of fun testing certain skills to counter other skills and going back and forth in Dragon and Tiger, especially against Dokey. It was great trying new things instead of following whatever the FoTM skillset was.

There were a lot of things that changed things for the worse that made me leave. First off, Snail was obviously entering full cashgrab mode. I think they saw ArcheAge on the horizon, and wanted to get as much out of the game as they could. I didn't want to give them another dime. Second was the second generation cash shop sets. They were so obviously better than anything before them that they made the strategy of the game seem very stale to me. 250% brawn scaling :wtc:. Third was just boredom. I felt I had reached a point where I was near the top of where I could get without dropping thousands on the game, and I didn't want to do that. I knew with every fight I went into with very rare exceptions if I was going to win or if I was going to get stomped. There were just so few players.

I've since gone back to playing GW2, and joined up with Starfleet Dental. It's a lot of fun, despite not being really a griefing and hatemail generating experience. SFD are pretty good people. I tried Swordsman, but I couldn't handle the need to actively grind or the time sensitive events. The timing just didn't work for me because of the limited time I can spend with my fiance. My research into the China version also shows some very big P2W issues cropping up down the road once people actually get to assembling Lost Arts and high tier gems. Not as bad as Wushu mind you, but the Chinese people were spending the equivalent of 1k USD for skills.

I'm also loving around in Warframe, so if people play that let me know. It was fun playing with you guys while I did.

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

Hy_C posted:

I did not realize doing quests and having some pve content makes a game a world of warcraft clone.

It's the quest hubs and grinding mobs for XP that gives me a "been there, done that" feel. vOv

madmario fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 4, 2014

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

madmario posted:

It's the quest hubs and grinding mobs for XP that gives me a "been there, done that" feel. vOv

Yep. The grinding for XP is pretty much the worst bit of the game, especially when a very slight level difference leads to you getting your dick stomped.

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 4, 2014

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I don't even know why I liked age of wushu, and I played it for almost a year and a half and almost every mmo I've played I've quit before the first month was up.

It was really fun during first to second inners though Pibbs. The classes were relatively balanced and we were all figuring out what else the game had to offer before people gave up to a big fat 'gently caress you' after getting screwed by Snail.

Also seriously Haq, just quit the game. You're like the only goon left. Just sell the guild for like :20bux: and move on with your life buddy.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Kegslayer posted:

It was really fun during first to second inners though Pibbs. The classes were relatively balanced and we were all figuring out what else the game had to offer before people gave up to a big fat 'gently caress you' after getting screwed by Snail.

Also seriously Haq, just quit the game. You're like the only goon left. Just sell the guild for like :20bux: and move on with your life buddy.

There still 5-6 regulars with a couple pubbies mixed in actually (goon friends). You very heavily overstate how much I play, honestly. I just got Lightning Returns a few days ago, although I've barely had time to play it due to working 29 hours the last 3 days.

I also play a bunch of Kerbals and FTL when I'm on my computer since they're far more pick up and play than MMOs are (gf, kid, etc). I might idle a bunch in Wushu but I play very little and I usually just kill a person or two and go back to idling. Heiji tried to jump me yesterday so I did my usual walk away (literally) and insult him and then last night EmeiShredder tried to jump me and ate the loving dirt since beggar 4th even at 44 shits out damage like crazy. Before that I probably didn't have a fight for a few days because I don't fight pay2wins.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013

Haquer posted:

There still 5-6 regulars with a couple pubbies mixed in actually (goon friends). You very heavily overstate how much I play, honestly. I just got Lightning Returns a few days ago, although I've barely had time to play it due to working 29 hours the last 3 days.

I also play a bunch of Kerbals and FTL when I'm on my computer since they're far more pick up and play than MMOs are (gf, kid, etc). I might idle a bunch in Wushu but I play very little and I usually just kill a person or two and go back to idling. Heiji tried to jump me yesterday so I did my usual walk away (literally) and insult him and then last night EmeiShredder tried to jump me and ate the loving dirt since beggar 4th even at 44 shits out damage like crazy. Before that I probably didn't have a fight for a few days because I don't fight pay2wins.

:frogsiren: Honor alert issued for Haquertal, man the harpoons :frogsiren:

So looking at http://www.ageofwushu.com/news/view/410, seems like the cross server events are from 12:00-23:50 server. Do we know if we can just keep queuing up for it or does it work like D&T/school rivalry?

askas
Jun 17, 2013
I believe you can do it anytime during those hours. It is like tornadoes though, VIP can do 10 rounds per day and non-VIP can do 5.

Also, if anyone has any Arhat Fist pages/break weapons you don't want a handful of people are collecting them. You can talk to Violence, Leffe, or myself and we'll tell you what we're doing. Basically Bumba was an rear end in a top hat.

askas fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Aug 4, 2014

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013

askas posted:

I believe you can do it anytime during those hours. It is like tornadoes though, VIP can do 10 rounds per day and non-VIP can do 5.

Also, if anyone has any Arhat Fist pages/break weapons you don't want a handful of people are collecting them. You can talk to Violence, Leffe, or myself and we'll tell you what we're doing. Basically Bumba is an rear end in a top hat.

One does not simply get off the bumbacycle :psyduck:

Was looking at the NPC and it looks like the GSS set from cross server PvP are available to 40 people for 1-6 and 15 for 7-8? Unless those tokens for participating are rewarded in high quantities, getting 45k points for the full set looks to be a grind.

askas
Jun 17, 2013
There is no rush for golden snake sword, the vendor says the quantity replenishes every Saturday.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Haroshia posted:

The balance for the game was actually pretty tight if you took ancient sets out of the equation.

- a beggar

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Hole Wolf posted:

- a beggar

After the dropped the faction patch anybody could become a beggar if they wanted.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
Age of Beggars helped kill the game, getting firewashings to change to yang/hard is terrible.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

madmario posted:

Who does quests or grinding mobs after 40? Hint: No one sane does.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

I enjoyed my time in Age of Wushu because of the forced pvp, the way you became an npc when you logged off (really made the world seem alive, even if half of them were bots) and flight skills.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

So are there like 3 people playing this now?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Haroshia posted:

Yep. The grinding for XP is pretty much the worst bit of the game

I just read you started playing Warframe. You know what the main concept of warframe is right?

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

BERGfu posted:

I just read you started playing Warframe. You know what the main concept of warframe is right?

You seem awfully perturbed that people don't want to play Swordsman. It's another lovely foreign F2P that will die just like all the rest.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

GreatestNerdEver posted:

You seem awfully perturbed that people don't want to play Swordsman. It's another lovely foreign F2P that will die just like all the rest.

That whoosh you heard was the point flying by your head I was making where he was explaining the game was too "grindy" and then goes to another free to play game that is just as, if not more, "grindy".

I also guess you're one of the three people that are left?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Phrasing posted:

I enjoyed my time in Age of Wushu because of the forced pvp, the way you became an npc when you logged off (really made the world seem alive, even if half of them were bots) and flight skills.

Yeah, I miss awesome flying skills. I would occasionally climb to the top of some huge building for no reason.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

BERGfu posted:

Stabbing dudes and shooting dudes? I'm not playing it like an MMO, I'm playing it as something to occasionally scratch my shooting game itch.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

BERGfu posted:

That whoosh you heard was the point flying by your head I was making where he was explaining the game was too "grindy" and then goes to another free to play game that is just as, if not more, "grindy".

I also guess you're one of the three people that are left?

Except you're ignoring the point that some people don't want to get involved in another awful F2P, which is something you need to accept. And no, I quit Wushu months ago, and Swordsman still sucks.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Haroshia posted:

Stabbing dudes and shooting dudes? I'm not playing it like an MMO, I'm playing it as something to occasionally scratch my shooting game itch.

Yeah the beginning is good for that but, unless you bought other classes, it gets jammed up hunting for alerts. Kind of sucks because the game play is quite fluid.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

GreatestNerdEver posted:

Except you're ignoring the point that some people don't want to get involved in another awful F2P, which is something you need to accept. And no, I quit Wushu months ago, and Swordsman still sucks.

Why would I care if you quit Wushu or think that swordsman sucks? Also you still didn't understand what I said because I wasn't trying to get people into any other games. You just assumed that I was doing that.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

madmario posted:

You are still legendary in the game.

I may have hit the Pibbletopn problem though--Wushu crashes for me randomly, sometimes even at the login screen or after 5 minutes of play. It's been like this since the latest expansion. Tried just about everything, including the tinfoil hat crap they tell you to do in the tech support thread (install on a non system drive, after defragging it, using administrator mode, with all virus and malware software off, and decapitate three rabbits while turning counterclockwise on your tippy-toes, and all will be well).

Until it's fixed I'll be on sporadically. :( I still enjoy Wushu. Just hit STW.

The level 6 gears have new set effects--there are 6 different set effects for armor, and 6 kinds of weapon bonuses. It's all in Chinagame-ese though, and some of the abilities are very difficult to understand, but they look like some nifty choices to make.

Yeah if it hadn't of broken for me, I'd probably still be playing it, I bet I'm a hell of a lot more infamous if DurrHurrDurr (Jizzwhiz420) is still running around on my account!

Haquer posted:

Man, I never did get around to trying to write that Goontang history chronicling the guild. Hopefully sometime in the future I'll get to play with you guys again, it was a pretty amazing experience.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
The neat part pibs is that a lot of people came in at different times to the game and have different view points.

There are goons who think we never had a struggle in the game.

Katsukai
Aug 27, 2013
Anyone wanna still give an try in Age of Wulin? The guild still isn't disbanded.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

Third World Reggin posted:

The neat part pibs is that a lot of people came in at different times to the game and have different view points.

There are goons who think we never had a struggle in the game.

My favorite part was when I was a vietnamese roof spy.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013

Saradiart posted:

My favorite part was when I was a vietnamese roof spy.

"Walking the dog" was definitely code for disclosing Goon movement during guild wars.

Has anyone else noticed more people running around from the Brasil guild? IIRC, that guild was NT's rivals in the battle to control all of Jiming.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Katsukai posted:

Anyone wanna still give an try in Age of Wulin? The guild still isn't disbanded.

Wulin has a decent population, fewer whales, server merges at the end of the month, and 4th internals in November. The problem with Wulin is that 90% of the server is anti-random PvP and most attempts to get PvP going are squashed. The major alliance (which also hates random PvP) controls all of the super inner items, and they are zerg guilds on top of that.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

PassiveSentence posted:

"Walking the dog" was definitely code for disclosing Goon movement during guild wars.

Has anyone else noticed more people running around from the Brasil guild? IIRC, that guild was NT's rivals in the battle to control all of Jiming.

Kairyu apparently had an alt in it and is trying to revive it or some poo poo.

Brasil died over a year ago and formed Public-Enemy, which died a few months ago and merged into Rebellion. He's getting the dregs of the loving dregs.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Killing brasil and pe is my favourite thing to do in wushu
Gotta love it, soloing their entire goldcart team is just too funny
I did that every weekend for three months and they still have not learned
Not to hit Taichi shield vOv

Katsukai
Aug 27, 2013

GreatestNerdEver posted:

Wulin has a decent population, fewer whales, server merges at the end of the month, and 4th internals in November. The problem with Wulin is that 90% of the server is anti-random PvP and most attempts to get PvP going are squashed. The major alliance (which also hates random PvP) controls all of the super inner items, and they are zerg guilds on top of that.

Typical case of carebears destroying MMOs.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwOEwVb7eKc

So going to be worth learning basic Chinese for this XD

Edit: Also the fighting style of these Umbrella wielding POMF/Emei lookalikes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUeKSPHfidI

Natalie_Luna fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 6, 2014

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Natalie_Luna posted:

Edit: Also the fighting style of these Umbrella wielding POMF/Emei lookalikes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUeKSPHfidI

Lady Snowblood-style Iajutsu!

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Jesus loving christ is sky ladder dumb. First I got paired with noobs and then I'm getting paired with people below my level but they all have loving absurd ping. Like the kind where you just stand there until they chew through your HP even though you have 60ms ping kind. It's like I'm fighting a loving army of ChienMa's.

Also I called out a guy with near max weapon manuals, full C5 gear with a couple C6 jade pieces as well and decked the gently caress out weapons as well as ancient tai chi fist on being a pay2win.

Which I guess makes me a sore loser? Okay!

E: I spoke too soon on sky ladder being dumb. This poor guy has it worse than I do it seems

E: :shobon:

Haquer fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Aug 6, 2014

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Haquer posted:

Jesus loving christ is sky ladder dumb. First I got paired with noobs and then I'm getting paired with people below my level but they all have loving absurd ping. Like the kind where you just stand there until they chew through your HP even though you have 60ms ping kind. It's like I'm fighting a loving army of ChienMa's.

Also I called out a guy with near max weapon manuals, full C5 gear with a couple C6 jade pieces as well and decked the gently caress out weapons as well as ancient tai chi fist on being a pay2win.

Which I guess makes me a sore loser? Okay!

E: I spoke too soon on sky ladder being dumb. This poor guy has it worse than I do it seems

E: :shobon:

This is what I mean when I say the combat in Wushu is fundamentally broken. The game is coded like poo poo and is utter ping2win.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

You are being a sore loser. You lost, why cry about it?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I'm enjoying it, although with 33 ping my experience may be better than most. Still, the pairings are often absurdly uneven.

It's still fun to fight 1v1 against people other than the usual crowd in front of the chengdu bank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Hy_C posted:

You are being a sore loser. You lost, why cry about it?

The first part of the conversation was while I was stuck in an Ancient Tai Chi rage.

Also you calling somebody out on this when you're the one who ragequit Wushu by killing a bunch of goon noobies in a goonball after a goon killed you :thumbsup: