Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The red sox are also not great right now so he's wrong there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Breaky posted:

The red sox are also not great right now so he's wrong there too.
I'm not even a Red Sox fan, so he's also wrong there!

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Adidas is all out.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Welcome to Imgur. I had to abandon my original account there because some dude I pissed off was downvoting all of my comments to -6 as soon as I would make them. For people who don't know how it works there, each account can only downvote a given comment or picture one single time, so this guy had at least eight ghost accounts to downvote people's content out of existance.

People take the internet way too loving serious.

gently caress that website, it's more of a circlejerk than reddit. I quit after having to argue 3 times in as many days that hey, maybe raping women isn't a nice thing to do.

Any Internet community based around up and downvotes just seems to bring out the worst in people.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Toriori posted:

Why is it so difficult for ~Internet celebs~ to just say "my apologies if I offended anyone. It wasn't my intent, and my choice of words was poor so as an adult I will admit that, and will take this all as a learning experience."
E: ha, actually considering that PA and Now Jontron are who comes to mind, I'm not surprised. Internet manbabies acting like Internet manbabies at the slightest bump, nothing out of the ordinary.

My favorite thing about this is the one twitter celebrity who understands how to apologize: https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/490724534513700864

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

kannonfodder posted:

gently caress that website, it's more of a circlejerk than reddit. I quit after having to argue 3 times in as many days that hey, maybe raping women isn't a nice thing to do.

Any Internet community based around up and downvotes just seems to bring out the worst in people.

The upvote/downvote poo poo on Imgur is super loving annoying as someone that just likes to browse images occasionally. Half the front page is stupid upvote bait and the other half is dumb meta commentary about upvoting and downvoting. gently caress imgur.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

kazil posted:

The upvote/downvote poo poo on Imgur is super loving annoying as someone that just likes to browse images occasionally. Half the front page is stupid upvote bait and the other half is dumb meta commentary about upvoting and downvoting. gently caress imgur.

I found a pretty good trick for getting images without the bullshit. Just go to http://imgur.com/r/pics+funny as it is just a gallery of r/pics and r/funny on reddit, only without the garbage comments and voting system. Just a nice, easily browsable, gallery.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Toriori posted:

Why is it so difficult for ~Internet celebs~ to just say "my apologies if I offended anyone. It wasn't my intent, and my choice of words was poor so as an adult I will admit that, and will take this all as a learning experience."
E: ha, actually considering that PA and Now Jontron are who comes to mind, I'm not surprised. Internet manbabies acting like Internet manbabies at the slightest bump, nothing out of the ordinary.

Actual famous people have an agent and PR people and frequently have to work with others in order to get jobs and contracts. This results in them have some understanding of at least tactfulness (or if nothing else its some intern who's actually handling their social media stuff). YouTube superstars and the like have none of these things and consequently can be easily exposed as the big dumb idiots they are.

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

kannonfodder posted:

I was looking at reddit recently and it was cool to see that there's a forum especially for women to talk about women things, awesome. Then I saw someone in there complaining that they weren't discussing men's problems enough. In the women forum.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Status is not search

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

pretty soft girl posted:

Yes I am sure internet fart superstar jobtrob actively advocates for complex and nuanced political topics in his day to day life, HOW loving DARE YOU

Edit: hahah if you want to have a good time check out her twitter, she spends at least an hour tearing this guy a new rear end in a top hat and it's great

Who the gently caress is Jon Tron?

:wtc:

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I so wanted to give this guy (red) the benefit of the doubt. He's not really all together in the head sometimes, and sometimes doesn't realize how things he says might sound, but....

Ugggggh. Why do people do this and think it's anything but intensely stupid and creepy?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

M_Sinistrari posted:

If I remember rightly, a lot of the organic pesticides that get used are often more toxic than the synthetic pesticides.

Nothing natural contains toxins, you shill for Big Pharma!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
A woman who works for my mom and is Facebook friends with me is a 40-year-old vegan lesbian who posts mostly image macros about music and animal rights (her lizards are basically her children). She is a nice person, but occasionally stuff like this pops out.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Henchman of Santa posted:

(her lizards are basically her children).

Hmmmmm

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Met posted:

Who the gently caress is Jon Tron?

:wtc:

A big fat dramaqueen idiot who talks about video games on the Internet. He was 50% of Game Grumps (an Internet show where two friends talk over videogames) for a while before ~DRAMA~ happened and he ragequit an Internet show. Favorite topics include Banjo Kazooie, why Banjo Kazooie is awesome, and why this game sucks because it's not Banjo Kazooie.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

A woman who works for my mom and is Facebook friends with me is a 40-year-old vegan lesbian who posts mostly image macros about music and animal rights (her lizards are basically her children). She is a nice person, but occasionally stuff like this pops out.

Is this supposed to be a pig wanting to be a penguin?

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Maybe an Animal Farm reference? If it is, I'd like it.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Hedera Helix posted:

Is this supposed to be a pig wanting to be a penguin?

Looks to me like a pig that dreams of being a dead pig. The shadow looks like a pig hanging from a butcher's hook.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
I think the funniest thing about Game Grumps was everyone blindly mailing them thousands of free games, some of which were extremely rare/valuable, and many people were expecting to get their games mailed back with their autograph.

Not only did GG NOT do that, they didn't even offer an inventory of what they already had or what they'd been sent. They received some games multiple weeks in a row even. They briefly mentioned auctioning off the games they'd received for charity, but nothing came of that. So the bulk of what people sent them was probably shuffled into Egoraptor's massive game library or given away/pawned off

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
I care a lot about internet personalities who record internet videos of themselves playing video games on the internet.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Excels posted:

I think the funniest thing about Game Grumps was everyone blindly mailing them thousands of free games, some of which were extremely rare/valuable, and many people were expecting to get their games mailed back with their autograph.

Not only did GG NOT do that, they didn't even offer an inventory of what they already had or what they'd been sent. They received some games multiple weeks in a row even. They briefly mentioned auctioning off the games they'd received for charity, but nothing came of that. So the bulk of what people sent them was probably shuffled into Egoraptor's massive game library or given away/pawned off

No, they auctioned the games off via eBay and sent the proceeds to Child's Play.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Slime posted:

Looks to me like a pig that dreams of being a dead pig. The shadow looks like a pig hanging from a butcher's hook.
It's a pig that wants you to be vegan. The pig hanging from the butcher's hook (meat eating) is behind it, in shadow; in front of it, in sunlight, are the open fields of abandoning animal husbandry.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
That doesn't make any sense, why would a vegan post that?

LaserBaconMan
Jan 13, 2014

Slickdrac posted:

Not as bad as a genocide, but similar to Hitler.

I'm still wondering how the hell one manages to:godwin: themselves

Edit:

vvvvv :catstare:

LaserBaconMan has a new favorite as of 23:37 on Aug 4, 2014

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

sugar mouse posted:

Maybe an Animal Farm reference? If it is, I'd like it.

It's "Imagine" by John Lennon.

Actually that might be inaccurate. Her dogs are more like her children. She will post pictures of her lizards having sex with each other.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Two from today, no images though.

The first is on my phone, which can't do screen grabs. I told someone that I'm originally from the UK. He responded with, "Wow, so you're Dutch?"
He's a marine.

The second involves an organization that I'm a long time supporter of. Last year they created a PAC type thing you can join as well, which I did. It's always been about trying to fix the animal feed industry - creating definitions for ingredients, getting some actual regulations, basic stuff. Today they announced their latest mission... Non-GMO :suicide:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

SteveVizsla posted:

The first is on my phone, which can't do screen grabs. I told someone that I'm originally from the UK. He responded with, "Wow, so you're Dutch?"
He's a marine.

Ask him how he likes being in the Navy. (One weird trick to make Marines mad)

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

That reminds me, I've got a friend who keeps rabbits as pets. She's always posting photos and status updates to keep us informed of the animals' well-being and latest antics. This is usually fine, but Whole Foods (an upscale American supermarket chain) has lately started selling rabbit meat, so her feed is now a flood of "OMIGOD HOW CAN YOU EAT BUNNIES THEY'RE SO CUTE AND SMART AND AFFECTIONATE WHOLE FOODS MUST DIE."

It's taking all my self-control not to respond with, "You know what animals are even smarter than rabbits? Pigs."

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Cows aren't even really that stupid either, my father-in-law raises cattle and they definitely have intelligence and personalities.

Anyway,

Well that's not a very chill attitude, take a chill pill yourself lady.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Excels posted:

Er, I understand you don't like Game Grumps and that's fine but that's all wrong. They have an ongoing list in google docs of all the games they have so duplicates don't happen nearly as much as when they first started, and all the duplicates they did have, they auctioned off for charity. They still do get duplicates all the time however, and they said recently that they are going to be doing another charity auction with the new batch of them. And I imagine it's a very small amount of their fanbase that sends in games actually expects to get it back with an autograph.

The Jontron thing is annoying cause I like Jontron, I think his videos are entertaining. I liked him as the Not-So-Grump (though Danny is better in every way and just seems like an all around cool-rear end dude). But the way he handled that thing on twitter was loving dumb, and he's done that kind of thing before. It's like... either apologize and move on or just don't even reply to the complaints! But the way he handled it was like the worst way he could've done it. Conversely, in a recent Grumps video Danny and Arin made some jokes that people weren't a fan of. Instead of angrily trying to defend it on twitter, all they did was basically put up a trigger warning at the beginning of their video and moved on and the drama of that died down pretty quick.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

lmao "the doctor asked me if I had depression, none of their drat business!"

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
No images, though I can certainly grab them if anyone is interested for some reason.

I have several hardcore animal lovers on my Facebook. Lots of pets, talk about their pets all the time, that sort of thing. So why is it that those people are the only ones who share extremely graphic images of animals who have been tortured or mutilated PLEASE STOP DOING THAT PLEASE.

They're "just trying to get the word out!" but most of the time it's just Buzzfeed-style clickbait articles and seriously, just post some links to an animal shelter we can donate to, Jesus.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Macaluso posted:

The Jontron thing is annoying cause I like Jontron, I think his videos are entertaining.

the way he handled his poo poo really annoyed me because I think his videos are kind of funny too and he was flipping out in defense of being horribly mundane. For a so-called comedian he didn't put much comedic effort into trashing the PS4 or responding to criticism unless that stuff where he talked down to a Palestinian woman about dying Palestinian kids was part of some Andy Kaufman style act in which case I'll be laud him as a genius in 20 years

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Palisader posted:

No images, though I can certainly grab them if anyone is interested for some reason.

I have several hardcore animal lovers on my Facebook. Lots of pets, talk about their pets all the time, that sort of thing. So why is it that those people are the only ones who share extremely graphic images of animals who have been tortured or mutilated PLEASE STOP DOING THAT PLEASE.

They're "just trying to get the word out!" but most of the time it's just Buzzfeed-style clickbait articles and seriously, just post some links to an animal shelter we can donate to, Jesus.

Because animal rights activists are as obnoxious and smug as it gets?

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

pretty soft girl posted:

part of some Andy Kaufman style act in which case I'll be laud him as a genius in 20 years

Can we make this stupid cliche probatable?

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

The Time Dissolver posted:

Can we make this stupid cliche probatable?

go jump in a lake

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Macaluso posted:

Er, I understand you don't like Game Grumps and that's fine but that's all wrong. They have an ongoing list in google docs of all the games they have so duplicates don't happen nearly as much as when they first started, and all the duplicates they did have, they auctioned off for charity. They still do get duplicates all the time however, and they said recently that they are going to be doing another charity auction with the new batch of them. And I imagine it's a very small amount of their fanbase that sends in games actually expects to get it back with an autograph.

Most of my knowledge only goes up to about a month after Jon left, that's when I unsubscribed. I don't care about Danny at all, I find his voice annoying to listen to. He sounds too fake, and repeats his bad jokes ad-nauseum. Jon and Arin just seemed very genuine, Danny and Arin sound like a couple of gross, sleazy douchebags.

WOLFJOB

Excels has a new favorite as of 05:17 on Aug 5, 2014

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Palisader posted:

I dunno the thicko people on my feed who had their kids at 16-18 and derive their entire personality from being a parent are also the only ones who share photos of dead/dying/mutilated children. The ol' "LOOK AT DIS BABBY IT HAS CANCERS OF THE EYES OH GOD THE HUMANITY SHARE DIS AN FACEBUKE WILL DONATE $1 TO STOPPING BABBY EYE CANCERS" thing. And their friends all congregate on the photo to say how terrible and awful it is rather than to say why the gently caress are we looking at dead babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
MORE WOLFJOB

• Locked thread