Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I liked the part where his cat turned up and spent the entire second half of the pitch video trying to get his attention. Watching it made much harder to laugh at this one though :(

e: the console does not use CGI Effects. it uses CYBER AUTHENTICATED TABLE [CAT] tools that you can use to make cat based movies and games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Pay me £400 to make some spice racks to sell to businesses or something. No, you can't have any. You can only get a £10 thank you card. Idiot. Also that won't cover the goal of the KickStarter because they're limited. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1484064877/spice-rack

Athletic Footjob has a new favorite as of 14:45 on Aug 4, 2014

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Athletic Footjob posted:

Pay me £400 to make some spice racks to sell to businesses or something. No, you can't have any. You can only get a £10 thank you card. Idiot. Also that won't cover the goal of the KickStarter because they're limited. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1484064877/spice-rack

Are these people developmentally disabled or mentally ill or what? I mean it's one thing to be incompetent and have a lovely presentation/business plan that's not going to sell but it's another to set pledge brackets which literally cannot fulfill the funding goal, that's just overwhelmingly obvious and basic information! He went to the hassle of creating a profile, uploading pictures and explaining his (terrible) business plan and then he tanks himself by being unable to notice a first-school levels maths problem? I just :psyduck:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Are these people developmentally disabled or mentally ill or what? I mean it's one thing to be incompetent and have a lovely presentation/business plan that's not going to sell but it's another to set pledge brackets which literally cannot fulfill the funding goal, that's just overwhelmingly obvious and basic information! He went to the hassle of creating a profile, uploading pictures and explaining his (terrible) business plan and then he tanks himself by being unable to notice a first-school levels maths problem? I just :psyduck:

"Look Mum, it's not my fault I can't get a job and move out, I tried with this kickstarter but despite my best efforts it just isn't working out"

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Alan Smithee posted:

The Cybermatrix
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/973736766/the-cybermatrix-100-tu01

I dare you to complete the video challenge (funding completed)

really confused by the fact he only has one donation tier, which has six donations, yet he has 23 other backers that gave him the other $440?

lolasaurusrex
Feb 8, 2013

Excels posted:

really confused by the fact he only has one donation tier, which has six donations, yet he has 23 other backers that gave him the other $440?

Is a cyber-stove actually a stove?

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

A Steampunk Gent posted:

It's a minimum pledge level, nothing is stopping people from pledging hundreds of pounds for that reward aside from everything that is wrong with that kickstarter!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Alan Smithee posted:

Uh, didn't someone say using it for charity was against the TOS?

Kickstarer can't do poo poo about it if he has the money. Though they might be stupid enough to try since they were incapable of realizing a PUA date rape manual was a bad idea because they only had about a day to google what pickup artists are and good lord that'd be a lot of work.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
True. You could pretty much go "seeya suckers, hookers and blow for life!" and they couldnt touch you. At least with the charity line most people won't follow up on it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Help this Arteest do NOTHING

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/my-day-of-nothing-you-can-brag-i-funded-nothing

quote:

So my friends and I were sitting around eating potato salad. I was asked, if I could get any project crowd funded what would it be? I have 3 or 4 things that need cash to get moving. But my answer was…NOTHING!

quote:

Check out the perks that are better than rotten Potato Salad after being sent thru the mail.

:negative: goddamn you

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Still better than her many hideous forms of art

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Paying her to stop making her 'art' for a brief time is actually a worthy cause.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

pushing the limits of laziness to new frontiers

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Gao posted:

So what do you guys think of JIBO? The video reeks of snake oil, but the person behind it is an actual roboticist at MIT.

quote:

Artificial Intelligence algorithms learn your preferences to adapt and fit into your life

Eh this is bullshit or not quite bullshit that sounds like more than what it really means.

If AI algorithms were so easy at tracking humans, Google and Facebook would be already shoving it down your throats. Right now about all we can do easily is track purchase history and see what kinda topics you're into from what you've been searching, and use that to suggest new things to buy. Moving that from amazon.com into a robot is not a life changing feature.

What does it do? Listen and take pictures?

Sounds like a really expensive Furby.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zaphod42 posted:

really expensive Furby.

brb, making a kickstarter.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Zaphod42 posted:

Sounds like a really expensive Furby.

Yeah, but can it blow me?

I'd like to imagine there's a market out there for a Furby that can blow me.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

DrBouvenstein posted:

The Furbj.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yeah, but can it blow me?

Wasn't there a kickstarter recently for a teddy bear that's also a sex toy?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The MSJ posted:

Wasn't there a kickstarter recently for a teddy bear that's also a sex toy?

Yeah probably indigogo though. I think it vibrated its nose or tongue. No loving way it wouldnt end up reeking of sex for 90% of the owners

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012
Yeah this https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/teddy-love#home

Even furries have said they don't want it.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

More on the Ritot...

http://thenextweb.com/gadgets/2014/08/05/dubious-crowdfunding-campaign-ritot-explains-team-used-fake-names/

quote:

Is an engineer still attached to your project?

We have a partner company that handles developing and manufacturing. Of course there was an option to hire an engineer to transmit development to him, but such project needs a great team with great experience. So we decided to cooperate with a company who are professionals in their field.

quote:

Six months seems like a short time to build such a complicated product from scratch. What sets you apart from other teams that have tried and failed?

We understand that there may be some delays, but if all goes according to our plan, then it’s real. We have plans to show working (not final) prototype till the end of the campaign.

No engineers on their team, no working prototype, faked their ID to appear American...and it's still got over $760,000.

And check their answer re flexible funding:

quote:

Why did you go for Flexible Funding if it would have potentially left you short of cash? Could you have completed the project with just a portion of the goal?

If we had raised $2000-3000 or another small amount, we would have to cancel the project and return the money to people. But if we have collected $35000-40000, it would allow us to develop our watches and prepare them for production.

So why not just ask for $35,000 as a minimum rather than having to go through the hassle of refunding.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Yeah that's a scam. One thing about that article though, the team claims that they sent igg their passports for verification, and the article says that they did, but I can't find anything on igg's website to prove that they actually did.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
When that campaign ends if the first thing they do is something other than leave the Ukraine and go somewhere else using the campaign money I'd be stunned. It'd be like someone in one of the most run down parts of Detroit becoming a millionaire. Everyone would want that pie and some people wouldn't hold back on how they request it.

e: That's probably why they're openly stating they're using aliases. Nobody around them would easily know about the potential windfall coming their way, and if they're trying to run with the money it'll just be that much easier unless IGG gives out their personal information, or whatever info's attached to the bank account they'll send the money to.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Poe's Law in play with this one, Fight Hate with Cookie Record & Cosplay Music Show, either a person with a mental illness, or someone pretending to be a person with a mental illness. Either way, it has a great video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJRcRtuuSB8

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Do you live in NYC? Do you eat egg sandwiches? Well apparently many of them are made improperly but you can help but giving money to this guy who will proceed to hand out leftlets to delis:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/joeyscoops/saving-the-nyc-egg-sandwich

He got $465 of the $310 he asked for with 15 days to go.

Bonus points for them having a profile picture that just oozes shithead.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
I'm sure all the egg sandwich shops will jump at the chance to make the perfect egg sandwich once this stranger shows them how!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Evil Fluffy posted:

Do you live in NYC? Do you eat egg sandwiches? Well apparently many of them are made improperly but you can help but giving money to this guy who will proceed to hand out leftlets to delis:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/joeyscoops/saving-the-nyc-egg-sandwich

He got $465 of the $310 he asked for with 15 days to go.

Bonus points for them having a profile picture that just oozes shithead.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Better have a stretch goal where Smash Mouth comes and preach the good word about eggs.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The MSJ posted:

Better have a stretch goal where Smash Mouth comes and preach the good word about eggs.

Smash Mouth prepare the eggs correctly.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

The MSJ posted:

better stretch goal: have @fart show up, lurk in the corner on his cell phone, cower at any attention directed his way

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

that is a sad stack of cash: is that a bunch of 1s under a 100 with a red rubberband? Is he... serious?

Here's his super bowl prediction: "Russell and the Seahawks are up for it, but there's something about Peyton and the year Denver's had that's tough to go against. Seattle is the better all-around, healthier team, but why should that matter? It's one game. Denver 23, Seattle 21"

lol

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

pathetic little tramp posted:

Here's his super bowl prediction: "Russell and the Seahawks are up for it, but there's something about Peyton and the year Denver's had that's tough to go against. Seattle is the better all-around, healthier team, but why should that matter? It's one game. Denver 23, Seattle 21"

lol

To be fair, that wasn't an entirely unrealistic prediction at the time. I mean, a Seattle win was definitely the likelier scenario going into it but I don't think anyone could've expected them to pry open the Broncos' mouths and poo poo down their throats for an entire evening the way they did.

Everything else about this chucklehead reeks of try-hard internet comedian though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think it's the scores themselves. I don't think it's very common for a football team to have a lead of 2 points, due to how the game is scored.

Edit: Yeah, I did the math, and unless there are rules I don't know about that allow for single points without an after-touchdown kick, it's not possible to end a game 23-21.

Waffleman_ has a new favorite as of 20:41 on Aug 8, 2014

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Waffleman_ posted:

I think it's the scores themselves. I don't think it's very common for a football team to have a lead of 2 points, due to how the game is scored.

Edit: Yeah, I did the math, and unless there are rules I don't know about that allow for single points without an after-touchdown kick, it's not possible to end a game 23-21.

Safeties get 2 points.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Shows how much I know about footing balls.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Waffleman_ posted:

Can't you do three touchdowns with two two point conversions and one with an extra point (8 + 8 + 7) or two regular touchdown+extra points, and one touchdown with a missed extra point plus a field goal (7 + 7 + 6 + 3) etc?

He puts as much care into his football scores as he does his egg sandwiches, obviously.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

my kickstarter where i offered to write people letters made $65, some lady came in at the very last second and pledged $50 bucks. so i guess this site is pretty cool

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Waffleman_ posted:

Shows how much I know about footing balls.

That's because they're really handing eggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Waffleman_ posted:

Two touchdowns [14 points] and three field goals [9 points] would get a team to 23 points:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330815033