Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

maniacripper posted:

The codebreaker isn't even the best finisher that Jericho has used :colbert:

Yea, it's obviously the Breakdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

Yea, it's obviously the Breakdown.

You're good people, SpaceWolfPurrp.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

The Goog posted:

You're good people, SpaceWolfPurrp.

:stonk:

Thought we were friends Goog.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

While [the brawl at the afterparty] was fairly brief, it was still lengthier than the 53 seconds that Belfort needed to put Abbott away when referee John McCarthy stopped the main event with Belfort on top of Abbott throwing punch after punch.

:iceburn:

Reminder, the Sherdog podcast with Dave on old UFC is still amazing.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
So has anyone bit the bullet and listened to Russo's podcast yet? I'm morbidly curious yet I keep forgetting to download it myself. I don't expect it to be anything special but I figure that he at least has access to a few people who haven't been on everyone else's show.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
So a bunch of websites had their usernames and passwords stolen. What are the chances f4w online is one of them?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Haven't listened to it yet but Jericho has Goldust and Stardust on his latest podcast and I have no idea what to expect from that.

The Wrestlemania podcast that Goldust and Cody did with Renee prior to Mania was pretty funny for a show sactioned by WWE (I love when they call Dusty on the phone), but that was before Stardust showed up.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Haven't listened to it yet but Jericho has Goldust and Stardust on his latest podcast and I have no idea what to expect from that.

The Wrestlemania podcast that Goldust and Cody did with Renee was pretty funny for a show sactioned by WWE (I love when they call Dusty on the phone), but that was before Stardust showed up.

Someone listen and tell us if it's kayfabe or not. If it is it might be the best podcast of the year.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Skunkrocker posted:

Someone listen and tell us if it's kayfabe or not. If it is it might be the best podcast of the year.

Not kayfabe. Jericho calls them Dustin and Cody the whole time.

E: it's still really good and worth listening to

ch3cooh fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Aug 6, 2014

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The Roddy podcast features his son, Colt for a bit. Colt Toombs is a pretty cool dude. Then Piper sends his son out and proceeds to go on a rampage over allegations that he sucked dick for a push. Its a really awesome listen.

Dreading turning part 2 of the Jim Ross "interview" of Sting(even calling it a chat would be charitable). I may just wait until he shows up on either Roddy, Austin or Colt's podcast.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

mariooncrack posted:

So a bunch of websites had their usernames and passwords stolen. What are the chances f4w online is one of them?

Is there a list of these sites somewhere?

Edit: Apparently they aren't releasing the names of the sites affected yet

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 6, 2014

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
The Talk is Jericho podcast with Goldust and Stardust is a good listen.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Bhester posted:

The Talk is Jericho podcast with Goldust and Stardust is a good listen.

Now that was fun! Once you sifted through all the Fozzy stuff.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

JR's podcast this week starts with him talking about how they need to have the announcers and other talent talk about the WWE Network more often. This isn't out of context or anything.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Ghostpilot posted:

Now that was fun! Once you sifted through all the Fozzy stuff.

The first 15-20 minutes of every Jericho show is skippable. Really fun interview though, the story about Dusty never breaking kayfabe in front of them during their childhood is great.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cavauro posted:

JR's podcast this week starts with him talking about how they need to have the announcers and other talent talk about the WWE Network more often. This isn't out of context or anything.

Since WWE Shop still stocks JR's poo poo, its not like he has a conflict of interest or anything.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
The next time I watch the Network (which costs NINE NINETY NINE) I am firing up that Golddust match at Wrestlemania 12 with the OJ chase immediately.

I love how it took him like 6 months to realize he was supposed to be gay because Vince would not use the actual word.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

coconono posted:

Since WWE Shop still stocks JR's poo poo, its not like he has a conflict of interest or anything.
If you think about it, WWE's treatment of JR winds up getting people to buy more of his products out of sympathy so it works out well for him.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I haven't been following Smart Wrestling Fan for a few weeks - is dshban out permanently or what?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
"Ken Lucas was the grizzled veteran of the team, and Ricky Morton was the Ricky Morton"

Thanks Dave

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

cronox2 posted:

The first 15-20 minutes of every Jericho show is skippable. Really fun interview though, the story about Dusty never breaking kayfabe in front of them during their childhood is great.

I love how Cody calls out Goldy for blatantly lying about Cody's wrestling ambitions in his book. It also made me irrationally happy that Vince isn't interested in breaking them up as a team. Great interview, in no small part because Jericho stays out of their way and lets them tell stories *glares at JR*

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I wish Dave would review that independent show the day after the G1 finals.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Also I want WWE to put Dave & Mike in charge of the Network.

I have the feeling like The Network is going to be one of those "how could WWE gently caress this up it's SO SIMPLE" things like The Invasion ended up being.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

britishbornandbread posted:

I haven't been following Smart Wrestling Fan for a few weeks - is dshban out permanently or what?

That's still around? I stopped following it after Wiggly left and it became a boring serious of bad smark jokes and recaps. At least Wiggly yelled.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

cronox2 posted:

Go listen to the open of the AEPodcast episode that posted today if you hate the Jericho openings

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Wrestling With Marks-ism - Episode 10 "The Bourne Identity Match"

We got the jokey jokes, bad impressions, and tons of bitching about things such a terrible Raw and pretentious nerds. Hail Slater!

RSS Feed
Show Twitter (Questions welcome)
ExplodeYourself
Zarikov
Demons, brother

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

ch3cooh posted:

Go listen to the open of the AEPodcast episode that posted today if you hate the Jericho openings

This opening was so funny that I started crying hysterically. The whole thing is spot on. I lost it when the "song" started playing.

I got about halfway through this episode during a drive this morning and its great (Starrcade 97). The AE Podcast is my favorite wrestling related one going on. They've really hit their stride.

ColonelJohnMatrix fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 7, 2014

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm really enjoying the AEPodcast right now. I've started from the beginning and average about 1 day. Excellent for nostalgia. Currently at the Breakdown show.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Yeah they're a group that works really well together and clearly enjoy each others company and, importantly, genuinely like the subect matter. It's really hard to listen to jaded fans.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Blasmeister posted:

Yeah they're a group that works really well together and clearly enjoy each others company and, importantly, genuinely like the subect matter. It's really hard to listen to jaded fans.

Or jaded ex-announcers.

Seriously though I like how the series has gotten me to rewatch a lot of the stuff and realize how much garbage there was mixed in with the good. They are at my favorite time period in WWE right now, right as the popularity and show quality were nearing the peak point. (um, Wrestlemania 2000 notwithstanding)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I CANNOT wait for them to get to Backlash 2000.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Or jaded ex-announcers.

Seriously though I like how the series has gotten me to rewatch a lot of the stuff and realize how much garbage there was mixed in with the good. They are at my favorite time period in WWE right now, right as the popularity and show quality were nearing the peak point. (um, Wrestlemania 2000 notwithstanding)

It's made me realise that there were some wrestlers better than I gave them credit for (D-LO, Mr rear end) at the time. I also learned what they payoff was to the DX Invasion of WCW was.

Yeah this is Triple H-Ah, I'm in the COCKpit-Ah

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

I love how Cody calls out Goldy for blatantly lying about Cody's wrestling ambitions in his book. It also made me irrationally happy that Vince isn't interested in breaking them up as a team. Great interview, in no small part because Jericho stays out of their way and lets them tell stories *glares at JR*

I really enjoyed this one. Honestly, it's probably my best Wrestling podcast in a while.

Totally agree on JR too. I've removed him from my feed after getting annoyed with him time and time again. I used to be a big fan of the guy, but he just comes off as a prick on his podcast.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Jim Cornette briefly reviewed the Fabulous Ones music videos on last week's podcast. He was running some event with Steve a few years back and quickly decided they could not be shown in public.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Jim Cornette briefly reviewed the Fabulous Ones music videos on last week's podcast. He was running some event with Steve a few years back and quickly decided they could not be shown in public.
Shows how much he knows.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Spikeguy posted:

I CANNOT wait for them to get to Backlash 2000.

Yeah I remember at the time that Backlash actually felt like Wrestlemania, whereas Wrestlemania 2000 felt like just a regular PPV (the all day Wrestlemania countdown show was great though). The tag ladder match was awesome but outside of that there was a lot of poo poo. Backlash had the awesome main event with the Stone Cold mega pop.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I get drunk and reenact Fabulous Ones videos in my room at least twice a week.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Listening to Austin's show today, he has to have the most polite and succinct audience of wrestling fans I've ever heard. That, or the show is heavily edited.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
MVP and Samoa Joe are killing it on Cheap Heat. "When Great Khali brings that acromegaly hand down on your head...it hurt so bad I forgot to sell it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I thought he was talking about showing the Thrillseekers video to Steve.

• Locked thread