Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

West007 posted:

loving dogshit, I put around 3h into PTS and got nothing.

Did you put them in between the 24th and the 3rd? That's when they counted it it seems. :shrug:

So I have about 10,000 certs after refunds. :neckbeard: Time to cert out my Harasser more! Solo Canrassering earlier and people legitimately were chasing me down to come gun. :sigh: I need to catch a ride!! No come back I need to CATCH A RIDE! *shoots Harasser*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

uncurable mlady posted:

The sun is shining, the sky is blue, and brother, the TR guns are always the best.

You forgot the part about how the TR all think it's dogshit and will never be usable and how it should be like the Orion.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Gonkish posted:

You forgot the part about how the TR all think it's dogshit and will never be usable and how it should be like the Orion.

This is my favorite /yell ever. "GIVE US THE ORION!!!"
"OK" reply all the VS. "HAVE.. HAVE IT." "R.REALLY. NO . NO FOOLIN. I MEAN. YES. .. WHAT? .. "

Sure, the Orion is pretty ok in close range ADS + ADAD if I'm remembering the gun right, but god help you in other situations or against shotguns.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I will never understand "I want X on my TR/NC/VS." If you want it, go make a character with that empire. :shrug:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Westy543 posted:

I will never understand "I want X on my TR/NC/VS." If you want it, go make a character with that empire. :shrug:

I want balanced guns on my VS

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Gonkish posted:

I would trade any gun in the game except the Gauss SAW for an Orion. Yes even the cyclone.

VS dismissing of the Orion is worse than all of TR thinking there stuff is all garbage.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Aug 6, 2014

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Mortimer posted:

I want balanced guns on my VS

Yeah VS has a history of OP poo poo, more nerfs for VS!

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

BadLlama posted:

I would trade any gun in the game except the Gauss SAW for an Orion. Yes even the cyclone.

VS dismissing of the Orion is worse than all of TR thinking there stuff is all garbage.

I would happily trade my Orion for the Cyclone any day.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

BadLlama posted:

that's a sign that the orion might be too good

but you can't just nerf the orion and give the VS nothing, why not make guns other than the orion worth using? That's what balance means :shepface:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

BadLlama posted:

Any VS HA that says "the Orion is poo poo" is high, but "the Orion is not OP compared to other factions' LMGs or even some of our own" is not a terribly controversial opinion to hold except on Forumside.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I will amend my statement, won't trade the MCG either because god drat it is really awesome with that new attachment.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

NihilCredo posted:

Going a few pages back but

This made me check out your Cert Viewer page because if you have been in BR100 autist infinite-cert land for so long yet had never bought something as basic, cheap, and fun as the Lightning AP then I shuddered to think of what other stuff you may have skipped.

So, allow me to help you. Please proceed to immediately purchase/max out the following:

- Flash Wraith
- Flash Renegade
- Sunderer Walker (at least one)
- Viper thermal optics
- Lightning Stealth and/or side armour
- Vanguard Walker
- Lolpod thermals nevermind forget I said anything
- Shredder thermals + magsize + ammo
- Dalton magsize
- Harasser Fire Supp and Stealth
- Harasser Bulldog
- Baron
- Regular versions of various gold/plat etc. weapons for Directive purposes

That should at least put a dent in your stockpile. Have fun.

I didn't have the AP Lightning not because I was unaware of how much the VS seem to adore it (despite how much it confused me - the Magrider shares velocity/drop exactly with the Lightning main cannons tier-for-tier), it's just that for AP work I've got the much, much, much better and more fun Vanguard. It's just...never been a desire of mine because it felt unnecessary. As for the list:

Wraith - got it
Renegade - eh, I like the Kobalt or Fury
Sundy Walker - I think I do? Certainly going to get them for AA duty now
Lightning stealth/armor - got it
Vanguard Walker means not equipping the Enforcer which is...a strange thing to think
Liberator I have kitted out specifically for trees because I hate the Lib
Got both of those on the Harasser
Bulldog too I'm pretty sure (I only run C85 obv)
Baron got it, enjoy it
Got pretty much all weapons too

I found a way to spend it, I'm happy now.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

No one can complain about the LMG's they are all very well balanced the only real problem is just a few guns over performing or under performing. Theres also a few redundant guns like the VX6/serpent, TAR/TRV, ursa/flare, and a few others i dont remember. Better to give each gun its own niche beyond 'ones 1000 certs the other is 250 certs!'.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Torokokill is using the Parsec. Wonder how long it'll take him to Aurax it.

EDIT: And Connery has responded to the resource revamp by pulling more tanks than I have ever seen.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 6, 2014

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

I am disappointed. The big thing I wanted in this patch is missing. Still no cowboy hat.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Westy543 posted:

Did you put them in between the 24th and the 3rd? That's when they counted it it seems. :shrug:

So I have about 10,000 certs after refunds. :neckbeard: Time to cert out my Harasser more! Solo Canrassering earlier and people legitimately were chasing me down to come gun. :sigh: I need to catch a ride!! No come back I need to CATCH A RIDE! *shoots Harasser*

Yes, I played a few hours during friday and saturday that week.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Westy543 posted:

That was probably me. I chased after a Canrasser last night in an attempt to catch a ride. I believe I killed Maddot until the driver killed me, but I can't remember well because OH loving CHRIST I'VE BEEN WORKING 16 HOUR DAYS EVER DAY NOW FOR A WEEK.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Also Future Crew is doing ops and refusing to call Mattherson's Triumph by that name, but one of their guys keeps feigning confusion when they try to refer to it as EMC and saying "I don't know any base by that name."

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

I didn't have the AP Lightning not because I was unaware of how much the VS seem to adore it (despite how much it confused me - the Magrider shares velocity/drop exactly with the Lightning main cannons tier-for-tier),

My personal experience/opinion on this is that the turret makes all the difference. It is much easier to lead a target when you don't need to turn the whole tank, and the lightning's speed + AP cannon lets you do hit and run attacks and snap shots much easier.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Dallan Invictus posted:

Any VS HA that says "the Orion is poo poo" is high, but "the Orion is not OP compared to other factions' LMGs or even some of our own" is not a terribly controversial opinion to hold except on Forumside.

I have what is apparently a strange opinion that the ns-15m is better than the Orion.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

A Tartan Tory posted:

I have what is apparently a strange opinion that the ns-15m is better than the Orion.

You're not entirely wrong.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
Spent the entire night fighting against VS since the TR refused to give the NC a fight on Hossin. VS pulled so many goddamn vehicles, what a cert bonanza.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Nakar posted:

Torokokill is using the Parsec. Wonder how long it'll take him to Aurax it.

EDIT: And Connery has responded to the resource revamp by pulling more tanks than I have ever seen.

I really think they'd have been better off having two types of resources - one for infantry and one for vehicles (including MAXes.) Then you can tune the infantry consumable spam independently from the vehicle and crutch-suit spam.

In other news, AP prowlers are absolute cert printers now that everyone is chain pulling everything.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Gaghskull posted:

Spent the entire night fighting against VS since the TR refused to give the NC a fight on Hossin. VS pulled so many goddamn vehicles, what a cert bonanza.
Connery is drowning in MBTs at every single fight, it's disgusting. At least on Emerald all the poo poo being pulled is getting constantly churned back into certs by other factions, on Connery it's just going to rot.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Max shield dual walker sundies are loving amazing, do your passes aircraft the shield will regen before your next pass! Its so refreshing not having to baby sit your sundy watching for that lone LA/engy/HA though i think 5 tank mines will still kill one.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I'm out of a job now, I can't throw myself at sunderers until I get up to them to place some mines. Maybe my K/D will improve.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Grondoth posted:

I'm out of a job now, I can't throw myself at sunderers until I get up to them to place some mines. Maybe my K/D will improve.

Suicide a Viper Lightning into it. Use the cannon to take the shield down then tank mine it.

Gotta say that shield is real fuckin handy for defending again lone wolves. Not too effective against AP/Enforcer Vanguards though :black101:

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
What's better for the NS-11A? Grip or laser?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I was fighting on esamir earlier today and it was pretty sweet being able to pull the poo poo out of MAXes and not worry about grenades/C4 since I don't use pussy airplanes or vehicles. THe only problem, I think, is that I can't stockpile C4 and grenades and stuff. It's not all bad since I got more nanites than I know what to do with, but still.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
TR seemed pretty out of it today. Wonder what's going on? VS on the other hand seem to have 50% pop on all continents.

Also, I hate myself now for grabbing the Impetus. Very low projectile speed, massive recoil, generally not good for the ranges it should be used at like the Warden is. Seems like bullets don't register half the time, and the drop is so bad it makes hitting anything that needs a 3.4x scope a chore. Far cry from the beefed up Warden that VR lead me to believe. Should have got the shadow. And now I find out that the directives doesn't file the Impetus in the scout rifle category but the sniper one (didn't even know there was a scout rifle category). Would have saved a few hundred certs to blow on upgrading other stuff instead.

Now to wait until the NS Vandal goes on sale as well.

Broose fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 6, 2014

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Ryuga Death posted:

If its like the NS11c you can do either, i was tower stomping at vonic levels with a laser on my NS11c its only 100 certs and if your a medic thats small change get both and try em out.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Ryuga Death posted:

Entirely up to you, it's good both ways. I've always used it as an ADS headshot machine, but with a laser it's pretty good too.

Broose posted:

TR seemed pretty out of it today. Wonder what's going on? VS on the other hand seem to have 50% pop on all continents.

When VS roll 50% pop no one wants to fight them, so the NC dogpile on the TR, so TR either log out or swap to VS/NC. It's a pretty lame cycle because there's zero incentive to sit on the 25% world pop faction and get camped in every fight.

At least now after the resource revamp I can drop endless tank mines and claymores to harrass the zerg before I respawn into whatever decent fights I can find.

o muerte fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 6, 2014

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

The meta right now (and since release, really) seems to encourage 50/25/25 pop spreads on three continents with the fourth one locked.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

hailthefish posted:

The meta right now (and since release, really) seems to encourage 50/25/25 pop spreads on three continents with the fourth one locked.

I honestly hope that Higby and SOE make sure that the 4th continent can't get capped this weekend. There was already a queue to get to any of the 3 continents tonight on a Tuesday. If we have to worry about weekend pop numbers no one will be able to log on for prime time.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

A Tartan Tory posted:

I agree with this, personally. I finished my Orion Aurax tonight and I'm probably never going to touch it again. I prefer the SVA-88 myself.

Anchor is still my beautiful love-child though... 42% HSR with it tonight :swoon:

Horizontal Tree fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Aug 6, 2014

kidRiot
Dec 14, 2007

"I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you're only going to kill a man."
Been having a strange issue with the game for a few patches now.

I typically get 60+ fps but whenever it dips to around 40 in big fights the screen starts to stutter as if it were sub 20 fps.

I'm using Vonics .ini

4770k @ 4.5, 770 gtx, 8 gigs ram.

No idea why the game is doing it. I've attempted to enable smoothing to no avail.

Goons pls.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Hahaha spergs bitching about maxes http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2crb3p/too_many_maxes/ someone tell them they need to get good and stop whining about maxes.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Cheated out of my GODSAW, NS-15P doesn't count :saddowns:

400 kills left on the Anchor, I guess.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Arghy posted:

Hahaha spergs bitching about maxes http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2crb3p/too_many_maxes/ someone tell them they need to get good and stop whining about maxes.

Sure Arghy.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2crb3p/too_many_maxes/cjiax0i

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Evilreaver posted:

Cheated out of my GODSAW, NS-15P doesn't count :saddowns:

400 kills left on the Anchor, I guess.

Man, of all the guns to be stuck using...

• Locked thread