Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

umalt posted:

Post the dac', preferably pics with Thor in them too to keep them on topic, but nonetheless post pics of him.

Be careful what you wish for!

They're both pretty active and not fond of posing for the camera, so I have to take a lot of pictures unnoticed if I want them to turn out. This is an assortment taken over the last month or so. Betsey tends to be part big sister, part mother, and part partner in crime, depending on her mood and the day.

First, her face, as the rest of the pictures don't really have it for the above reasons:

A random assortment of Thor and Betsey:

And probably my favorite solo picture of Thor to date:

...I'll stop flooding now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunch Bucket
Feb 11, 2008

Duuh! These are staaairs!
Thor has such gorgeous markings - I love the little black tips on the inside of his ears.

I love the whole short dog crossed with a lab/retriever thing. My friends were at a park this weekend and came across a corgi crossed with a golden retriever and sent me this picture. Pretty much the cutest thing ever.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Thanks! We were originally trying for a pure red/white, but now that we have Thor we are so happy that he's a tri. His ears and his eyebrows are probably our favorite part of his coloration.

Oh geez, he looks like he wants to jump out of my monitor and lick my face. That is a whole lot of cute in a small package!

Suzaku fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 23, 2014

catamar
May 23, 2008

Crunch Bucket posted:

Thor has such gorgeous markings - I love the little black tips on the inside of his ears.

I love the whole short dog crossed with a lab/retriever thing. My friends were at a park this weekend and came across a corgi crossed with a golden retriever and sent me this picture. Pretty much the cutest thing ever.

Golden Retrievers and both kinds of corgi are the cutest puppies, so I've tried googling pictures of retriever/corgi mix puppies to help me imagine what Gansett looked like as a baby. :kimchi:

We met another retriever/corgi mix at the vet but he picked a fight with the owner's other dog so I couldn't get a picture of them together.

Both dogs had a good time at the kennel this week:

Lava
Feb 12, 2014

I am the Entire Floor
We went to a professional photographer with Merry, she's ridiculously photogenic when she's not rolling around in something gross.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Lava posted:

We went to a professional photographer with Merry, she's ridiculously photogenic when she's not rolling around in something gross.

I love her coloring and that expression just screams "I WUV UUUUUUU!"

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Suzaku posted:

pics of Thor and Betsey

Thank you!

...puppie besties... :kimchi:

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

umalt posted:

Thank you!

...puppie besties... :kimchi:

Indeed! And you're welcome!

Sleeping corgi is cutest corgi :3:

biggest platypus
Mar 10, 2014
I just intro'ed my new (soon) pup Tumbles in the new dog thread, but I have more of a corgi-specific question, so here are some more pics:

She's a red headed tri pembroke and is almost 5 weeks old in these. I get her at 9 weeks. YAY!

I'm figuring out all the puppy things I need to buy before she gets here, and one of those things is a crate. I'm leaning towards a wire one, for looks, collapsibility if I need to move or store it, airflow, etc. I googled it and some people on corgi forum sites seemed to recommended getting one in ~36". That seems pretty big, maybe just because it's the largest one in this amazon listing I'm looking at: http://www.amazon.com/Precision-Pet-Black-ProValu-Crate/dp/B0010ZH656/, but also because Tumbles's mom is on the small side - I think the breeder said she's 23 pounds. Here's a pic of mom (she is SUCH an affectionate dog!):

Does 36" seem like a good size for a probably-smallish corgi? Are there any downsides to wire crates I should consider? eg. I've read they aren't good for escape artist dogs... I'm not sure if many corgis fall into this category. I can always regroup later if it's not working, but I'd like to have a pretty educated first try at this. Thanks! I'm excited to share more pics soon (and in the meantime I love seeing all of yours...)

e: Suzaku mentioned having a smaller crate for Thor and upgrading soon now that he's outgrowing it - maybe that's a better route and will avoid all this guesswork early on.

biggest platypus fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 25, 2014

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

The annual Pacific NW Corgi picnic just happened, here are some of the pics: http://www.komonews.com/seattlerefined/lifestyle/Photos-Over-150-Corgis-at-the-2014-Pacific-Northwest-Corgi-Picnic-269803711.html

It's just Corgi overload.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
...I need a time machine, a few tubs of peanut butter, and a plane ticket to Seattle.

Crunch Bucket
Feb 11, 2008

biggest platypus posted:

I'm figuring out all the puppy things I need to buy before she gets here, and one of those things is a crate. I'm leaning towards a wire one, for looks, collapsibility if I need to move or store it, airflow, etc. I googled it and some people on corgi forum sites seemed to recommended getting one in ~36". That seems pretty big, maybe just because it's the largest one in this amazon listing I'm looking at: http://www.amazon.com/Precision-Pet-Black-ProValu-Crate/dp/B0010ZH656/, but also because Tumbles's mom is on the small side - I think the breeder said she's 23 pounds. Here's a pic of mom (she is SUCH an affectionate dog!):

Our main crates for our boys are wire, and then we have one canvas travel crate that I despise. Even when the room it's in is cool and well-ventilated, it gets so hot inside of the crate, even with the side vents open. We can only use it for very short periods of time and still, as soon as we reach in there to lift them out or unzip it so they can come out themselves, the air inside feels like a sauna. I would go for the wire.

biggest platypus posted:

Does 36" seem like a good size for a probably-smallish corgi? Are there any downsides to wire crates I should consider? eg. I've read they aren't good for escape artist dogs... I'm not sure if many corgis fall into this category. I can always regroup later if it's not working, but I'd like to have a pretty educated first try at this. Thanks! I'm excited to share more pics soon (and in the meantime I love seeing all of yours...)

I have one undersized corgi (he's our lil' permanent puppy) and he uses a 30" and it fits him perfectly with a little extra room for him to stretch out. Then I have a big ole boy (not fat) who uses a 36". He's nice and comfy in there and has some room to spare, but a 30" would definitely be too small for him. The 36" is a big crate though. We basically arranged our bedroom furniture around how their two crates fit in there so things don't look cluttered.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Crunch Bucket posted:

I have one undersized corgi (he's our lil' permanent puppy)

I, for the greater good of us all, demand pics of your corgi runt. He bust be absolutely adorable.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Not to limit discussion or anything, but as someone who wants to have a Corgi companion, but doesn't currently have a lifestyle to accommodate, can we please enforce a rule that every post in this thread must include a picture of your Corgi?

Crunch Bucket
Feb 11, 2008

Ask and you shall receive! My hosting on these.

Here's Dewey, the little guy, being tortured for his yearly Christmas photos. He's about 3.5 years old here.

Here he is next to the bigger guy, Dexter.

I think his tongue grew to full size, while his body just never caught up.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Say what?

biggest platypus
Mar 10, 2014
omg Dewey's face in the Christmas pictures.. especially the one on the right. :3:

I got a new picture of Tumbles from the breeder today! 2 weeks until I bring her home and get to take a zillion pics of my own.

And I discovered she is an expert photobomber at only 7 weeks. Shown here with her sister.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Had to move so Panda is having a two week vacation at my parents' house while we get settled. She's having a good time of course. These two are inseparable.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

Crunch Bucket posted:

Ask and you shall receive! My hosting on these.

Here's Dewey, the little guy, being tortured for his yearly Christmas photos. He's about 3.5 years old here.

How much does Dewey weigh? He looks about Tegan's size, she weighs in around 17 lbs and I constantly get people asking if she's a puppy despite being 5.

Tegan has finally reached the point where she'll let me keep physical contact with her while she's sleeping without wiggling away. I finally have a corgi pillow!

Also, as always, everyone's corgs on this page are beautiful.

Millions fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 6, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Awww, my father has two huge golden retrievers and Igby loves chasing them around the yard.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

We literally need an emote that's a combo of :3: and :ssj:; posts like these just make :kimchi: feel inadequate.

Crunch Bucket
Feb 11, 2008

Millions posted:

How much does Dewey weigh? He looks about Tegan's size, she weighs in around 17 lbs and I constantly get people asking if she's a puppy despite being 5.

Wow she really is a small girl! Dewey's happy weight is around 21-22lbs, though over the winter he ballooned up several more pounds because I was flattened by pregnancy morning all-day sickness and they weren't getting their usual exercise at all, not even close. They both looked like sausages and we felt horrible and guilty about it. Once I got over the sickness my husband and I got serious about shedding their extra pudge and now they're both back to within a pound or so of their healthy weights. It's crazy how fast these guys can pack on the pounds with even slight lifestyle changes.

mockingbee
May 7, 2003

This is Cohle, our very pale fawn new puppy. He is 14 weeks.

He is currently being ignored by the almost 5yo Dazzle. She is not happy about this interloper.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Awesome Animals posted:

Not to limit discussion or anything, but as someone who wants to have a Corgi companion, but doesn't currently have a lifestyle to accommodate, can we please enforce a rule that every post in this thread must include a picture of your Corgi?

K

I still don't know whether or not he likes bathtime. He's always kind of resistant when being bathed but he doesn't run away when we try to get him into the bath, and he's so drat happy when he's done. And yes, that sink is too small but it's easier to get the hair out of than our bathtub.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Get one of those for the bathtub. Works really well and it's like a dollar.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Been lurking for a while and oh my GOD squee, corgis. I tend to like bigger dogs - prim breeds and shepherds in particular - but corgis are ADORABLE.

Anyhow, I spotted this in my facebook feed and thought you guys might get a kick out of it -

Yes, that's a Molten Corgi. You'll be able to get it as a 'battle pet' in World of Warcraft - it'll follow your character, looking adorable, and if you want to you can pit it against other players' battle pets, sort of like pokemon. (Link to the article here.)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Drake_263 posted:

Been lurking for a while and oh my GOD squee, corgis. I tend to like bigger dogs - prim breeds and shepherds in particular - but corgis are ADORABLE.

Anyhow, I spotted this in my facebook feed and thought you guys might get a kick out of it -

Yes, that's a Molten Corgi. You'll be able to get it as a 'battle pet' in World of Warcraft - it'll follow your character, looking adorable, and if you want to you can pit it against other players' battle pets, sort of like pokemon. (Link to the article here.)

Yes, but then you have to play WoW.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Yes, but then you have to play WoW.

Nothing's perfect, is it? Sorry, didn't want to sound like an adbot - I just thought it was cute ^^

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

I was going to wait to post in this thread until after we had our puppy, but that poster who was considering buying from a BYB a couple of pages ago has made me nervous...

My husband and I just sent in an application to a local breeder, who we found off of the Cardigan Welsh Corgi Club of America breeders page. We are definitely planning on visiting the breeder, meeting the sire and bitch, and reviewing all health paperwork & adoption contract in person before handing over a deposit, but I was wondering if there were any red flags that we might have missed since we'll be first time corgi-owners.

Here are the details that we've been provided about the cardigan parents and the breeder:
*The sire is a Champion and working on a herding title, the bitch a Grand Champion.
*Health clearances for both parents, for hips, elbows, hearts, eyes, DM, PRA
*Breeder is a member of the CWCCA and the Northwest Cardigan Fanciers, and has bred Champion cardis for over a decade.
*Litters are available once-two times a year, and for our potential litter the breeder plans on a keeping a pup.
*The deposit for a puppy is $200 and the total cost is $1,000.

We'll wait on making any final decision until we visit the breeders and parents, of course, but as a first-pass is there anything sticking out as potentially worrisome?

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Not enough people posting Corgis. This is Einstein (we call him Einy). Named mostly after Doc Brown's dog from Back To The Future, I'd be lying if I said the dog from Cowboy Bebop wasn't at least slightly responsible.

He spends so much time tearing around that I'm obsessed with taking pictures of him resting.

Once, after taking a bath he decided to take a nap on the bathroom floor and left a perfect dog-shaped wet spot behind.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

matureaudiencesonly posted:

I was going to wait to post in this thread until after we had our puppy, but that poster who was considering buying from a BYB a couple of pages ago has made me nervous...

My husband and I just sent in an application to a local breeder, who we found off of the Cardigan Welsh Corgi Club of America breeders page. We are definitely planning on visiting the breeder, meeting the sire and bitch, and reviewing all health paperwork & adoption contract in person before handing over a deposit, but I was wondering if there were any red flags that we might have missed since we'll be first time corgi-owners.

Here are the details that we've been provided about the cardigan parents and the breeder:
*The sire is a Champion and working on a herding title, the bitch a Grand Champion.
*Breeder is a member of the CWCCA and the Northwest Cardigan Fanciers, and has bred Champion cardis for over a decade.
*Litters are available once-two times a year, and for our potential litter the breeder plans on a keeping a pup.

We'll wait on making any final decision until we visit the breeders and parents, of course, but as a first-pass is there anything sticking out as potentially worrisome?

From what you've posted, it sounds good. I'd be curious about the incidence of back problems in the lines, if any. I would be looking carefully at both the sire and bitch to determine if there are any structural issues in either. I would hope that they're both moderate representatives of the breed (ie, stumpers not too stumpy, backs not too long, etc).

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Forwards Backwards

Finally brought Panda to work for the day. Here she is slaving away.

Mesimean
Feb 16, 2012
Hudson is four months old now and growing like a weed. He played with his new friend today and was absolutely shattered by the end of it. Enough so I could get a nice picture of him.

Bonus low flying pointer!

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA

matureaudiencesonly posted:

I'm curious what breeder you chose. I'm looking around at the cardi breeders in the PNW trying to ponder who I'll choose when I decide to get a second cardi - it's basically definitely a when, not if. Way too early to start emailing or anything, but it'd be fun if I ended up with another corg that's related to multiple other goon cardigans (Neige is related to Miss Indy's Zeke and I think also distantly to catamar's Holly).

EDIT: oh and pictures because there's really just not enough Cardigans in this thread or in this life.

At the rose garden in Portland

Bein' a dingus in the backyard

With her favorite toy

ButWhatIf fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 25, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Goddamn those pictures are great.

I'm considering a Cardigan next, but really haven't had good interactions with the Texas breeders I've spoken with. They're mostly pushing show dogs and get all huffy when I ask why I should be paying $1300 for their puppies.

I Might Be Adam posted:

Finally brought Panda to work for the day. Here she is slaving away.

One disadvantage of working at a musuem, no bring your pet to work day :(

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Forwards Backwards

Sir Tonk posted:

One disadvantage of working at a musuem, no bring your pet to work day :(

If I had known how ok everyone was with it, I would have brought her more often, but I'm back in school now and am working part-time/remotely so I won't be able to do that anymore.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

So my friend just stopped by with a corgi that she is watching for the next couple of days

Apparently its a friends fathers dog, but it looks like he wont be able to take care of her anymore(96 with declining health), so they are going to start looking for someone to adopt her. She is 11 and needs to lose a good amount of weight.

I seem to remember that there are a few Seattle area people here, so I thought I would see if anyone would be interested in adopting her or any idea of a group that might be able to help re-home her. She was very sweet and got along pretty well with my dachshund, but apparently chases cats.

This shows how much extra weight she is carrying pretty well

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

Negromancer posted:

I seem to remember that there are a few Seattle area people here, so I thought I would see if anyone would be interested in adopting her or any idea of a group that might be able to help re-home her. She was very sweet and got along pretty well with my dachshund, but apparently chases cats.

SPDR would be my first call. If they have a limited time-frame and then need her out of there, look into Seattle Humane (in Bellevue) or PAWS for local no-kill shelters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Corgis like to chase cats, at least in my experience, and cats don't like being chased.

Igby just wants to play with them and the cats he spends time around eventually get used to it and they end up playing together, but that takes awhile.

• Locked thread