Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Aphrodite posted:

The game's still pretty dead but the people still playing it seem to think they're the best ones available.

Is the game dead? I only fire it up a few days a month at this point but ive not ever had trouble finding a match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I only have trouble finding games on the PC version.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Mill Village posted:

I only have trouble finding games on the PC version.

Well, there you go then.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

yeah, i would be much less surprised to hear that the pc version is dying. As far as I can tell its found a pretty decent audience on the bone.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

yeah, i would be much less surprised to hear that the pc version is dying. As far as I can tell its found a pretty decent audience on the bone.

The populations still strong on Xbox, it makes sense as there's obviously a lot fewer games available to split the player base. The latest update also made some small improvements to frame rate and reduced tearing slightly. Not huge changes though.

The steam game SpeedRunners is coming to Xbox, looks like it may be fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyJtR2wrXjg&t=445s

Also looks like the original resident evil is getting a HD remaster to current and last gen consoles. http://kotaku.com/resident-evil-is-getting-an-hd-remaster-1616229484

I can't imagine they would try to charge full price, I may be interested if it's $30 ish.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Awesome! posted:

it's because crimson dragon is a piece of poo poo

If Crimson Dragon is a piece of poo poo then Panzer Dragoon is a piece of poo poo. It's exactly the same game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

matrix ripoff posted:

If Crimson Dragon is a piece of poo poo then Panzer Dragoon is a piece of poo poo. It's exactly the same game.

Crimson Dragon makes a lot of mistakes compared to Panzer Dragoon. Many are caused by padding out the game on a budget-title budget like the heavily reused level and enemy assets. Free Flight has no excuse and should be launched into the sun.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Crafty posted:

I can't imagine they would try to charge full price,

Ah, so you've not heard of Capcom before.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

Ah, so you've not heard of Capcom before.

Which recent Capcom re-release has been a full price game? Pretty much every one they've put out, even stuff like Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen has come out between $15 to $40.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Crafty posted:

The populations still strong on Xbox, it makes sense as there's obviously a lot fewer games available to split the player base. The latest update also made some small improvements to frame rate and reduced tearing slightly. Not huge changes though.

Yeah, pretty much. If you wanna play a shootmans on a next gen console, youve got CoD, BF, and Titanfall/Killzone to choose from. And despite the newest CoD being a piece of poo poo (apparently, ive not played it) its the best selling game on the PS4 and the second best selling game on the bone. People like their shootmans

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Crafty posted:

Is there a TitanfallStats.com like there is a BF4Stats.com? It looks like p-stats doesn't have it listed. http://p-stats.com/ Which is odd, considering they have a access to a lot of other EA shooters API.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Seedge posted:

Is there a TitanfallStats.com like there is a BF4Stats.com? It looks like p-stats doesn't have it listed. http://p-stats.com/ Which is odd, considering they have a access to a lot of other EA shooters API.

Not as far as I know. The game its self tracks your personal stats, which is also accessible via app and there is a site that has all the data for guns/upgrades/titans/etc but I dont know that there is one for overall leaderboards and such.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

There's no way to track your Titanfall stats with anyone else, unfortunately.

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants
More info about EA Access: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/473365/ea-access-library-will-be-permanent-and-substantial/

According to Peter Moore, "once games go into the vault, they will stay there".

Time to sell my FIFA14

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Well thats a really good thing. Pulling titles would be really lame. And it certainly seemed like that was something that they might do given the original press release. So that is a very positive and useful clarification.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Bf4 is missing already according to a few friends.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Figures that there would be issues with that game. :laugh:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

VincesUndies posted:

More info about EA Access: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/473365/ea-access-library-will-be-permanent-and-substantial/

According to Peter Moore, "once games go into the vault, they will stay there".

Time to sell my FIFA14

Still no release date though. I'm guessing it'll be in the next couple of months.

The types of trials will differ for each game http://www.totalxbox.com/80160/ea-access-xbox-one-game-trials-arent-the-same-as-demos-ea-explains/

Talk of grind speed in sunset overdrive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WpzS4Vp4hc. Looking good.

Crafty fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 7, 2014

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So Diablo 3 is getting patched to 1080p. Hopefully frame rate is steady or it'll be an annoying as poo poo patch.

Ryse is going to PC, nobody buy it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Barudak posted:

So Diablo 3 is getting patched to 1080p. Hopefully frame rate is steady or it'll be an annoying as poo poo patch.

Ryse is going to PC, nobody buy it.

This is the XBone thread, we're all Xboners here bra.

But you know the PC Gamers (master race) will snap it up because they are thirsty for our games and for complaining that things were developed for consoles.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

But you know the PC Gamers (master race) will snap it up because they are thirsty for our games and for complaining that things were developed for consoles.

The graphics were great on Xbox, going to be ridiculous on an expensive PC.

There's a digital tuner coming to Europe, £25. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-digital-tv-tuner-coming-to-europe/1100-6421564/

Should have been built in really.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Some people actually play on multiple platforms.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

Everyone knows that this is impossible. You purchase a single platform and game on nothing else, forever, until the next generation.

Also, Ryse was really pretty. I actually liked it, even though it wasn't worth $60.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

Nerds.

I'd like to play Ryse for a few days but I'm still waiting for it to reach an acceptable price. I played it in store and it was really good fun for those 15 minutes.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Crafty posted:

Nerds.

I'd like to play Ryse for a few days but I'm still waiting for it to reach an acceptable price. I played it in store and it was really good fun for those 15 minutes.

That is about how long it's fun for. You have experienced all there is to experience in Ryse.

Also Peggle 2 and madden both vanished from the vault.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Laserface posted:

That is about how long it's fun for. You have experienced all there is to experience in Ryse.

Ea judges you have had your moneys worth, that's all folks.

Just beta issues I'd guess.

That's kinda what I thought with ryse, I'd still like to run through the whole game once though.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Added my gamertag to the form, so hopefully I can start playing with goons some more!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Crafty posted:

Ea judges you have had your moneys worth, that's all folks.

Just beta issues I'd guess.

That's kinda what I thought with ryse, I'd still like to run through the whole game once though.

I've said it before, but Gamestop's used game return policy is basically a week long rental service. You'll beat the game in two days at most, return it before the week's up and get your money back. Also, I noticed that the Red Boxes near me now have options for Xbone and PS4, no games yet but it looks like there will be.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I want to smug about this

They finally released something that they should have had since the beginning. But better late than never.

Now there is at least a theoretical possibility of me being able to snap a rerun of Friends to the side of the screen whilst enjoying a game of Sunset Overdrive. Well, I wouldn't actually buy that, but I don't have anything to plug into the HDMI-in of the bone either. The (digital, HD) cable goes directly from the wall to my TV.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Wheany posted:

They finally released something that they should have had since the beginning. But better late than never.

What is that? I even tineyed it and not a single match, oddly. It looks like a USB to ... a weird 1/8'' audio jack with an outer socket?

E: Also where are people getting good deals online on games? Amazon is still pretty expensive ($22 for Ryse, $23 for AC4, $25 for Forza 5, $31 for DR3, then all + S&H). Not that I'm a PSPoor or anything, but the thought of buying these games now for $25 when I know the GOTY version with all the DLC will come out in 2 months for $20 seems kind of silly. Unfortunately I have short windows of opportunity when I can get cheap things from the United States without waiting a month in shipping and paying ridiculous import customs, or buying the games locally for $60 used // $100 new.

VVVV: Yeah it does look like that. The perspective made me think that the end with the coax was the same size as the Bone power brick, but on second look it's pretty small.

Saladman fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Aug 8, 2014

CONVERT PDF TO WORD
Jul 7, 2003

Saladman posted:

What is that? I even tineyed it and not a single match, oddly. It looks like a USB to ... a weird 1/8'' audio jack with an outer socket?

Looks like a Coaxial to USB converter to me.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Saladman posted:

CONVERT PDF TO WORD posted:

Looks like a Coaxial to USB converter to me.
It's a USB to Digital TV tuner and would normally cost £10. Curious about what chipset and antenna they'll be using for their personalised £25 version.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Saladman posted:

It's a digital TV tuner. It apparently supports DVB-T, DVB-T2 and DVB-C standards, which covers a shitload of people.

Also it means that people without set-top boxes (especially with HDMI-out), which I suspect is the majority of people with TVs in Europe, are able to benefit from the TV features of the Xbox One.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

TheChirurgeon posted:

Also, Ryse was really pretty. I actually liked it, even though it wasn't worth $60.

I was pretty sad when Ryse 2 got cancelled. Ryse was a fun game with a ton of problems but most of them could have been fixed in a sequel I think. Crytek were great developers. Far Cry and Crysis are two of the best shooters ever made, its a shame they werent able to keep their poo poo together.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

I was pretty sad when Ryse 2 got cancelled. Ryse was a fun game with a ton of problems but most of them could have been fixed in a sequel I think. Crytek were great developers. Far Cry and Crysis are two of the best shooters ever made, its a shame they werent able to keep their poo poo together.

Yeah I was bummed about that too. I thought the storytelling was alright and the voice acting was solid. Some cool stuff that could have led to a solid sequel.

Laserface posted:

There were some fun moments later on. The beach-storming level is definitely the highlight, but the levels right after where you are running through the woods fighting barbarians are pretty solid.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, Ryse was a fun game. It was repetitive but didn't overstay its welcome. It's not worth $60, but if people on PC can get it for cheaper that's cool.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, Ryse was a fun game. It was repetitive but didn't overstay its welcome. It's not worth $60, but if people on PC can get it for cheaper that's cool.

I am curious to see how good that game looks on PC. Crytek always has issues porting to consoles but their PC games always run insanely well for how good they look. And Ryse looked phenomenal considering it was a launch title.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Wheany posted:

It's a digital TV tuner. It apparently supports DVB-T, DVB-T2 and DVB-C standards, which covers a shitload of people.

Also it means that people without set-top boxes (especially with HDMI-out), which I suspect is the majority of people with TVs in Europe, are able to benefit from the TV features of the Xbox One.

I'd say most people have some manner of set top box in the UK these days, at least in the UK. High end smart TVs do a lot of it now, but between Sky and Freeview boxes I'd say most people have something.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

ShineDog posted:

I'd say most people have some manner of set top box in the UK these days, at least in the UK. High end smart TVs do a lot of it now, but between Sky and Freeview boxes I'd say most people have something.

Well, my data comes directly out of my rear end, but in my experience in Finland, set-top boxes were a thing about a decade ago, but they all had SCART connectors. Newer TVs have had integrated tuners for a long time. I doubt set-top boxes with HDMI connectors have ever been very numerous, comparatively.

But in any case, with a digital tuner, you don't need to guess or manually update the channel data and you get the program guide data right there with the video stream. You don't have to IR blast some random channel number and hope that the set-top box picks it up, just tell the tuner to change to a whatever channel you wish to watch and decode the MPEG2/MPEG4 stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TheChirurgeon posted:

Everyone knows that this is impossible. You purchase a single platform and game on nothing else, forever, until the next generation.

See, this guy? This guy here, he gets it.

He gets it.

(I own several hundred games I will never play on Steam, like the rest of you.)

• Locked thread