Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is the beetlejuice or whatever its called .75 like the Orion it is based off of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roxxor5678
Jan 17, 2005

Artificer posted:

What are your attachments on that?

I use an 8x scope and forward grip with it. It doesn't really have much in the way of attachment options.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

BadLlama posted:

Is the beetlejuice or whatever its called .75 like the Orion it is based off of?

Yes, its a copy/paste of the Orion pre-attachments.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I consider 0.75x to be overrated, and in any case I consider the NS-15M to be better overall than the Orion.

The REAL solution to ADAD hitbox shrinking is to grab a Cyclone/Armistice and face rape them at 1.0x ADS

The ADAD macro people jump right and left a lot but do not move forward, do not move more than a meter left or right, and don't turn because they're not used to having to do these things.

Run right up to them and circle them while dumping rounds into their head. If they're at midrange toss a grenade to force them to have a normal hitbox for a second or just hang out and jump them when they engage someone else

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
In the NC, our colors don't run. Or go side to side. We plant our feet and make our homes there. 200 damage death spitting homes.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

God, I can't take playing on miller anymore. I really hope the merge does that poo poo pile some good.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Who won the EU merges? Totally missed it

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Miller and Cobalt.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
On one hand, near infinite resources and the ability to pull all the poo poo you want is objectively bad for the game.

On the other hand, near infinite tanks means near infinite lancer nest certs. :getin:

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Pomp posted:

On one hand, near infinite resources and the ability to pull all the poo poo you want is objectively bad for the game.

On the other hand, near infinite tanks means near infinite lancer nest certs. :getin:

Not being able to leave your warp gate because you have zero resources is also bad for the game. At least pulling poo poo is fun.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Segmentation Fault posted:

Higby was right. Players no longer pull air/tank/MAX/air/etc. in a cycle. Now they just don't stop pulling air.

This is the best thing about the patch when combined with the walker buff.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

[NC AIR DOMINANCE INTENSIFIES]

I don't feel like vehicle spam is more of a problem. A lot of people are going to do this at first but it's going to scale back dramatically once people run out of reserve grenades/C4 and start running up against spawning costing them nanites potentially

Personally I love it. Lancer camps are nice and all but a Phoenix is great all by itself and is FAR more portable. I think I may have this thing auraxed and move on to my Phoenix AE thanks to people pulling AI MANA turrets instead of MAXes sometimes now. I'm using it indoor and getting tons of kills, and with the -50 modifier it gets toward MAXes it does great damage to them too!

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Aug 6, 2014

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

The biggest nerf vehicles ever got was having their xp to kill raised, so people actually pull AV/AA now. That being said, Higby double it again.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Gaghskull posted:

Also, if you run out of nanites spamming AV grenades, then perhaps you should stop throwing so many?

Never stop throwing AV 'nades :colbert:

AV 'nade spamming TAS for ~30 kills in 2 minutes was the only time I ran out of nanites all day yesterday.

I'm not sure how I feel about the nanite/resource change yet. On one hand it's nice to have virtually infinite consumables and vehicles. On the other hand holy poo poo are there are lot of bad A2G ESF pilots out trying to farm now

Epic High Five posted:

[NC AIR DOMINANCE INTENSIFIES]

If NC AIR DOMINANCE means SG, SMG, CML and BL are going to swarm midsized fights with terrible A2G pilots I'm totally OK with this. They completely underestimate the DPS you can dish out with just one lockdown burster max.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

Pand posted:

Miller and Cobalt.

Lol both my mains are on Ceres and Woodman

I am bad

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I want that NC loading screen for my desktop wallpaper. It's the only thing I've really enjoyed so far from this patch. I should stop forcing myself to play infil, but I want that Aurax battle rifle.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Clamps McGraw posted:

Lol both my mains are on Ceres and Woodman
Not anymore they're not. :dukedog:

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

So is the GODSAW on live as good as it was on Test? I read an arghypost that said it was crap. Is this true? I just got the Anchor from my Certmas and I want to know whether to bother chasing the extra 3000 or so kills I need to get it...

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

o muerte posted:

If NC AIR DOMINANCE means SG, SMG, CML and BL are going to swarm midsized fights with terrible A2G pilots I'm totally OK with this. They completely underestimate the DPS you can dish out with just one lockdown burster max.

Below 500m sure, but above that there's the roving gank packs of 3 Reaver teams and when people bitch about NC air it's usually them. Anyway I've spoken to them and they pull mass air the same way GOKU does, which is to get some kills and die. SG especially has grown INCREDIBLY fond of rolling out with 30 A2A lockon Reavers

The difference is that now NOBODY has to wait in between pulls so it's got 100% uptime. Even a rank, vile newbie need only keep their chariot up for an average of like 3 minutes (starting from 750 nanites) to pull them back to back

Clamps McGraw posted:

So is the GODSAW on live as good as it was on Test? I read an arghypost that said it was crap. Is this true? I just got the Anchor from my Certmas and I want to know whether to bother chasing the extra 3000 or so kills I need to get it...

Everybody is bitching about bloom and blahblahblah but it's not a big deal. The "thing" with the SAW has always been controlled, short bursts because that's all you'll ever need at all ranges. A gun like the Betelgeuse that may need to mag dump is going to be hurt worse from it, and the Butcher which never had a bloom problem anyway won't even notice it. Also the GODSAW starts out from perfect, 0-deviation accuracy so it's at an advantage bloom-wise for the first 5-6 shots. This just means it's the most accurate gun in the game for the first 4-5 shots. Not a big deal considering the subsequent shots are only less accurate by like 3%, and even then the guns it's less accurate than are quite accurate themselves.

I'm still about 1,000 kills from it but I'll report in full when I get it and use it.

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 6, 2014

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If you aurx the battle rifle do you get the special battle rifle then or are there other crazy things you have to do for it?

Also autodrive working with Map/Gun Shop up has already claimed one of my tanks. Thank you higby for making this possible.

Aaod
May 29, 2004

Azerban posted:

The biggest nerf vehicles ever got was having their xp to kill raised, so people actually pull AV/AA now. That being said, Higby double it again.

Personally I would settle for assist exp on vehicles being increased. Super annoying to put 3 rockets into a tank only for other people to finish it off while you are reloading.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Will the GOON TR night be happening today?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

BadLlama posted:

If you aurx the battle rifle do you get the special battle rifle then or are there other crazy things you have to do for it?

Also autodrive working with Map/Gun Shop up has already claimed one of my tanks. Thank you higby for making this possible.

Unfortunatly, you must play as an infil and use scout rifles. Vandal(norm, black, gold), ES automatic, ES semi-auto, and the ES battle rifles count. Worse still, you have to aurax 5 4 of them, but you only get 3 ES guns. So there an expensive gun no matter what. you have to spend a lot of certs for a vandal if you are so inclined.

Broose fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 6, 2014

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I'm still split on the vehicle timers. I've killed people and they've pulled up the same vehicle like a minute later and gone straight after me, it's kinda lame.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zernach posted:

Will the GOON TR night be happening today?

Yep! Sorry I spaced making a formal announcement:

TR Wehrmacht Wednesday!!!!11!1!11!
7pm EST

Bring your best cautiously lowered expectations and have them blown out of the water with us! Yes, their guns really ARE that good!

ALL ARE WELCOME! If you prefer to stay in a non-K0TH outfit but want to join in just message myself (FlakemoreBloodstab) or anybody else to get an invite!

THE THEME OF THE NIGHT IS: MILITARY LINGO
I want everybody just really smothering their speech in PSSSHTT radio noises and callsigns and Actual and the like.

And of course, there is the ever-present King of the Hill theme that we should not skimp on! If you can combine the two, you'll be among the upper echelon of my trusted lieutenants

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

hemale in pain posted:

I'm still split on the vehicle timers. I've killed people and they've pulled up the same vehicle like a minute later and gone straight after me, it's kinda lame.

Just wait until you're the one who does it
salty max pulls are totally a thing now

edit: even more of a thing now

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Broose posted:

Unfortunatly, you must play as an infil and use scout rifles. Vandal(norm, black, gold), ES automatic, ES semi-auto, and the ES battle rifles count. Worse still, you have to aurax 5 of them, but you only get 3 ES guns. So you gotta buy an expensive gun no matter what.

If only engineers got access to scout rifles :(

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Mortimer posted:

Just wait until you're the one who does it
salty max pulls are totally a thing now

edit: even more of a thing now

lol if you're ever not in a max

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Azerban posted:

resource gain is enough that even average players could probably 24/7 max

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

o muerte posted:

CML are going to swarm midsized fights with terrible A2G pilots

God even in the air they have to rocket primary.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Azerban posted:

I should of used my cert refund on my TR to max out MAX Repair system so I could just max 24/7 and not care about engineers.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Mortimer posted:

resource gain is enough that even average players could probably 24/7 max
That's what a lot of people are doing and they all die to grenades and C4

I'm sticking with 90% engineer playtime thanks :smugdog:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

If only engineers got access to scout rifles :(

As someone who considers that class of weaponry to be pretty much useless because it's infil-only, I agree wholly. I'd love for Medics/engies to get the iron sight scout rifles (Shadow/Vandal for NC) so that players who play back a bit to support have some more options, with the higher zoom ones remaining in the hands of the infils.

I'd still probably never use them but for people whose playstyle is "battle rifle or uhhh" like long-range oriented TR/VS Medic/Engie it'd be really nice. The NC have the Reaper/Tross of course

BadLlama posted:

I should of used my cert refund on my TR to max out MAX Repair system so I could just max 24/7 and not care about engineers.

I usually do this but rocket primary has become such a huge thing out of nowhere lately that I cannot recommend it

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

BadLlama posted:

I've got rank 4 and, while I'd love to not get soloed by C4 fairies, my uptime is way better with autorepair and I can generally dunk rocket primaries pretty easily unless there are a full spectrum of them. Would suggest.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Yeah this patch is great because I can just be in a fatsuit 100% of the time. It seems like melee is bugged though, can't hit people with my lobster claws at all.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The new resource system is 'If you're good you never run out of anything, get hosed bads'

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Fart Car '97 posted:

The new resource system is 'If you're good you never run out of anything, get hosed bads'

Acceptable philosophy.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Fart Car '97 posted:

It's undercutting the blood cert market! :argh: Like when a tech plant defense goes bad and I'm just running between the terminal and nearby buildings throwing rez nades into the diamond mine crowd of teammates.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
I think that the new resource system can only really be judged once the whole siege/ANT/resource starving mechanics get implemented, and in the meantime I'm just going to treat the Summer of Infinite Tanks (to blow up from outside render range) as a gift from Higby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Erata posted:

It's undercutting the blood cert market! :argh: Like when a tech plant defense goes bad and I'm just running between the terminal and nearby buildings throwing rez nades into the diamond mine crowd of teammates.

Shhhh, with the medic secrets and poo poo. You'll be struck off.

• Locked thread