Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I started reading Shaman King today and I noticed that one of the ghosts in this panel looks a little like Abdul.

I guess Pucci reset the universe so hard that he turned JJBA into another manga entirely. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I believe Hiroyuki Takei has stated that Jojo was a huge influence on Shaman King, so I'm not surprised. I have to get back to Shaman King too, thanks for reminding me.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is Hiroyuki Takei's favorite manga, so yeah.

EDIT: F;b

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Is there a gambling anatagonist in part 5? Off the top of my head there was the Pillarmen's month long bet against Joseph, the D'arby brothers, the rock, paper, scissors kid against Rohan, Miraschon and baseball, Ringo in SBR maybe, and Jobin with his beetles.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Whoops this isn't Malazan.

amuayse fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 7, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

amuayse posted:

Is there a gambling anatagonist in part 5? Off the top of my head there was the Pillarmen's month long bet against Joseph, the D'arby brothers, the rock, paper, scissors kid against Rohan, Miraschon and baseball, Ringo in SBR maybe, and Jobin with his beetles.

There was not.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
When you think about it, black sabbath is kinda like gambling.

Either you get a stand, or you die.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

darealkooky posted:

When you think about it, black sabbath is kinda like gambling.

Either you get a stand, or you die.

I'd say that the challenge to keep the flame lit counts if the pillar men bet does.

Also the one in SBR is totally Sugar Loaf Mountain.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

amuayse posted:

It's only considered a Gambling antagonist if they say "GOOD" The D'Arby bros, RPS Kid and Miraschon all said this. Jobin has not said it yet but I bet he is going to.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Somehow I always forget about Black Sabbath when we talk about our favorite Stands, even though it has maybe the coolest design in the series and a pretty cool ability to boot.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

FirstAidKite posted:

Which jojo are you talking about? Gappy?

I'm pretty sure he was talking about part 4

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

legendsuper posted:

Yeah, pretty sure he's talking about Yukako's, uh, courtship of Koichi.

In other Jojo-related news, I just came across this fascinating article. It's about how you can boost your confidence and well-being by using fabuous poses.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

legendsuper posted:

Oh right, the entire bit with koichi and yukako. I misread and thought he was saying it had several chapters of that part's JoJo getting a girlfriend.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
The part 5 gang goes harder than any other Jojo crew and don't loving play games

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The cast of part 5 is made up of kids with hosed up lives, the other protags at least had an easy start in life.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

To be fair, Jolyne toughens up throughout part 6, in addition, the rest of the cast have either been in jail for a while or aren't really people.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Too bad the cast of part 6 loses

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Their scrappy nature manages to keep one of the group in the game long enough to totally loving brutalize the main villain, ultimately turning the entire thing into a draw.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jonny Joestar might have had a cushy upbringing and easy life before the death of his brother and paralysis, but he comes out way too well from SBR. His "cameo" in JJL is brutal.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

The part 5 gang goes harder than any other Jojo crew and don't loving play games

I feel like I should post that seven page beatdown that I have affectionately dubbed "The Muda-ning".

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would cite Zucchero's torture, that poo poo was brutal.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
LA LEE OH!

http://jojo-animation.com/contents/story/19.html

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I forgot how disturbing Death 13 was.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I can't wait for the eyeballs scene.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

The only things I remember about this fight are the dead dog, Joseph crashing a fourth plane, Kakyoin freaking out about the baby, Hierophant Green being in the dream, and Kakyoin feeding the baby his own poo poo.

That being said, I have no idea what you're talking about, but I assume it'll be creepy.

Edit: HOLY poo poo THAT EYEBALL SCENE :stonk:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 8, 2014

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I really cant wait for Iggy, hes one of my favorites. I hope they keep him looking disgusting and gross and dont make him cutified until the Horus fight, thyeve been good about adapting the original plot holes and all so far

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

Well loving christ. I'm very much disturbed by that scene

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

They finally animated the best part.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Pomp posted:

They finally animated the best part.
That doesn't look like the chariot race to me...

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Oh poo poo, I just learned a thing:

Alright, so remember how in Part 5 Giorno makes Diavolo experience death multiple times? I though some weird sensory poo poo was going on, but it actually makes a lot of sense. Gold Experience Requiem does the opposite of what King Crimson does. King Crimson eliminates the cause of an effect. Without the cause, the effect can't happen. Gold Experience Requiem, on the other hand, eliminates the effect from a cause. What this means is that Girono killed Diavolo, right? But he eliminates Diavolo's actual death, the effect from the cause of being killed. Because the effect is gone, the cause just never ends. Because Diavolo can never die now, he will forever just experience dying.

Or so I hear.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
yup that's it, the arrow specifically gave him "the power to counter king crimson" because that's how it do

he does do the same sensory poo poo he did on bruno to gently caress up his ability to read the future tho

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

King Crimson is kind of the opposite of Moody Blues as well, isn't it? Moody Blues stops to review the past while King Crimson skips to the future.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He's also the opposite of Aerosmith, in that he isn't a plane.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He's also the opposite of Dark Blue Moon, in that red is the opposite of blue.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
If you think about it, he's the opposite of all other Stands. What's the opposite of not being King Crimson? Being King Crimson!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I guess this is a sign I shouldn't ask questions anymore. :smith:

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

http://i.4cdn.org/a/1407703380644.png

http://en.shindanmaker.com/273351

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Aug 12, 2014

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Should just be E rank, that's a piss useless stand.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

quote:

kurtofan's stand is Ballsy Oppai, capable of punching air! Rank: EX

EX:Useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hobgoblin2099's stand is Wheel of Brown, capable of changing heat! Rank: C