Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

The glue trap works perfectly!

Tuxedo Jack posted:

It's probably OK to judge people for facial tattoos.

I've met, maybe four people with face tattoos and can attest to this. They've all been pretty lovely human beings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Sulecrist posted:

Hasn't it alternated Imperium/other since early 3rd, White Dwarf supplements notwithstanding? I think they're misinterpreting the rumor that Grey Knights show up in the third Sanctus Reach supplement, which could mean anything.

Dreadknights are conceptually my least favorite models in the game (way worse than Lords of Skulls and the Wolf Chariot, in my opinion) so I'd love for them to quietly disappear forever, like Pariahs, Wulfen, and Sisters of Battle.

I'd still expect the rumors of Dark Eldar being next, the release schedule puts it at Halloween when they traditionally like to release them.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Dump_Stat posted:

I've met, maybe four people with face tattoos and can attest to this. They've all been pretty lovely human beings.

#notallfacetattoos

Generally in the United States that may be the case, but it's still anecdotal.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

PierreTheMime posted:

#notallfacetattoos

I'm sorry that I didn't keep the indigenous Maori tribe of New Zealand in mind when I made that post.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

HiveCommander posted:

Oh really? I thought that was always considered to be in use when a Lord of War was on the table. That makes the current trend of special character Lords of War a lot more palatable. Knights are still unbearable to play against if you haven't got the tools for the job (Daemons, Tyranids and Orks to a lesser extent have trouble with AV13) and it can really suck the fun out of a game if the other player throws a full army of them on the table, thus making the 30+ bolter marines in the army useless, unless walkers aren't only hit by grenades on a 6 and 'always turn to face their attacker' anymore.

For a casual player, a pure-Knights army can be a real struggle, to be sure; it's the sort of thing I would definitely want to warn my opponent about beforehand, because playing against Knights can sometimes feel incredibly impotent even for some of the better tournament armies. That said, I don't think they're unbalanced or unfun per se, but certainly if you don't bring the right tools for them, they can run roughshod over you.

Walkers are hit on normal WS by grenades in close combat, which can help some, but since they are AV13 on the front and Krak is only S6, it doesn't really do much against Knights in particular. (By "turn to face their attacker," I'm not sure if you mean that or some kind of rule during the shooting phase, but if the latter no such rule exists.)

Daemons handle Knights by Screamers (which often have a 3+ or better invuln, allowing them to shrug off most damage from the Knight), FMCs (which the Knights simply can't hurt in any meaningful way), and by Soulgrinders (which, used "defensively," can actually be a bit of a challenge for a Knight and are only about 1/3 the price of one.) Plaguebearers and Pink Horrors are also surprisingly effective- the former always glances vehicles on 6, remember, which can be very inconvenient for them; the latter can either summon up hordes of delaying minions or can try to get one of the Str d6+4 Tzeentch powers to blast some holes in a Knight- again, not perfect solutions, but they're at least something. A surprising number of Daemonic units can actually do passable at hurting a Knight.

Tyranids are actually one of Knights worst matchups, at least from a tournament perspective- all of the FMCs they field are utterly invulnerable to the Knights' shooting and melee and the hail of S6, S9, and Haywire shots coming into them is a nightmare to deal with. They are no longer able to effectively assault Knights, but they have no real need to when they can simply zip about, being unkillable and grinding away at the Knights side and rear arcs. For more "traditional" Tyranid lists, the Flyrant is still a common inclusion (and still a huge problem for them) and the Carnifex, Tervigon with Crushing Claws, and new Stonecrusher Carnifex are all legit inclusions that can give Knights some serious problems.

Orks previously relied almost entirely on Deffrollas, but with Rokkits being cheap now, Tankbustas being a non-lovely unit, and Warbosses being the default HQ over the Big Mek, their odds are a lot better. While melee with a Knight can be very suicidal, it's also an effective way to bring them down in many cases- those S10 attacks hitting on 3s are no joke, and the new buzzsaws available for Meganobz and the like will chop a Knight to pieces in short order.. Lootas and Tankbustas also both can do some real damage when shooting; don't underestimate S8 Tank Hunter shots. Orks aren't in the best position to deal with them, but their new book has at least improved things a lot compared to previously.

Sulecrist posted:

Hasn't it alternated Imperium/other since early 3rd, White Dwarf supplements notwithstanding? I think they're misinterpreting the rumor that Grey Knights show up in the third Sanctus Reach supplement, which could mean anything.
This has largely, but not always, been the case; they've broken it a number of times in 6th edition and I believe there were occasional other deviations as well, even ignoring supplemental codices, White Dwarf, etc. For example, Chaos Daemons, Eldar, and Tau were all back-to-back when they were released.

quote:

Dreadknights are conceptually my least favorite models in the game (way worse than Lords of Skulls and the Wolf Chariot, in my opinion) so I'd love for them to quietly disappear forever, like Pariahs, Wulfen, and Sisters of Battle.
You son of a bitch I'll kill you and everyone who looks like you. I will poo poo on your grave.

zeal posted:

Which brings me to another question. Back when I collected, in 4E, there was a little fluff in the Necron and Tau codices that hinted at links between them, egged on by things like the Ethereal brow-crease looking oddly similar to the same feature on the Deceiver C'tan, their species-wide lack of a connection to the Warp, and their startlingly rapid progress from sticks and stones to starships (~3,000 years, iirc). Has the fluff of subsequent editions picked up on those threads at all, hinting at dark purposes behind the Ethereals or unknown manipulations behind their rise to power?

I don't think I ever saw the C'tan part of that; to the best of my knowledge, the implication has always been that the Eldar created, or at the very least strongly influenced, the Tau. The fluff has always hinted pretty strongly that there was something fishy (hurr!) about the Ethereals, but has never been really specific as to what, although it's pretty clear from the current book that they use some sort of mind control or near equivalent to make other members of the race obey and trust them.

Wow. Uh, that guy sounds like a real winner right there. Try not to get stabbed, I guess?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I don't have a problem with the Dreadnight as a concept, its just the execution is incredibly flawed.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

PierreTheMime posted:

#notallfacetattoos

Australian here. Some New Zealanders can be pretty crazy too, even without face tattoos.

AbusePuppy posted:

For a casual player, a pure-Knights army can be a real struggle, to be sure; it's the sort of thing I would definitely want to warn my opponent about beforehand, because playing against Knights can sometimes feel incredibly impotent even for some of the better tournament armies. That said, I don't think they're unbalanced or unfun per se, but certainly if you don't bring the right tools for them, they can run roughshod over you.

Walkers are hit on normal WS by grenades in close combat, which can help some, but since they are AV13 on the front and Krak is only S6, it doesn't really do much against Knights in particular. (By "turn to face their attacker," I'm not sure if you mean that or some kind of rule during the shooting phase, but if the latter no such rule exists.)

Daemons handle Knights by Screamers (which often have a 3+ or better invuln, allowing them to shrug off most damage from the Knight), FMCs (which the Knights simply can't hurt in any meaningful way), and by Soulgrinders (which, used "defensively," can actually be a bit of a challenge for a Knight and are only about 1/3 the price of one.) Plaguebearers and Pink Horrors are also surprisingly effective- the former always glances vehicles on 6, remember, which can be very inconvenient for them; the latter can either summon up hordes of delaying minions or can try to get one of the Str d6+4 Tzeentch powers to blast some holes in a Knight- again, not perfect solutions, but they're at least something. A surprising number of Daemonic units can actually do passable at hurting a Knight.

Tyranids are actually one of Knights worst matchups, at least from a tournament perspective- all of the FMCs they field are utterly invulnerable to the Knights' shooting and melee and the hail of S6, S9, and Haywire shots coming into them is a nightmare to deal with. They are no longer able to effectively assault Knights, but they have no real need to when they can simply zip about, being unkillable and grinding away at the Knights side and rear arcs. For more "traditional" Tyranid lists, the Flyrant is still a common inclusion (and still a huge problem for them) and the Carnifex, Tervigon with Crushing Claws, and new Stonecrusher Carnifex are all legit inclusions that can give Knights some serious problems.

Orks previously relied almost entirely on Deffrollas, but with Rokkits being cheap now, Tankbustas being a non-lovely unit, and Warbosses being the default HQ over the Big Mek, their odds are a lot better. While melee with a Knight can be very suicidal, it's also an effective way to bring them down in many cases- those S10 attacks hitting on 3s are no joke, and the new buzzsaws available for Meganobz and the like will chop a Knight to pieces in short order.. Lootas and Tankbustas also both can do some real damage when shooting; don't underestimate S8 Tank Hunter shots. Orks aren't in the best position to deal with them, but their new book has at least improved things a lot compared to previously.

The "always turn to face their attacker" thing is the explanation our local Raven Guard player used to illustrate how you only ever hit walkers against front armour unless they're immobilised. It's kinda stupid if you imagine a Dreadnought being surrounded by Powerfists striking at the same time, surely one of them would hit the rear armour :v:

WS vs WS to use grenades on walkers is a nice change though, and I might have to drop a list entirely of FMCs agaisnt the Knight-spammer if he keeps it up. He didn't learn his lesson from when I threw a Thunderhawk at him in 2500pts. I took down 3 of his 4 Knights, rolling a 6 on the Turbolaser to instagib his warlord Knight on turn 3 :smug: Aren;t Knights still at a reasonable (3ish) Initiative? They'd be striking before Carnifexes and more than likely splatting them thanks to their D-close combat weapon. Daemons don't have to worry about it as much since all their MCs are Initiative 'sucks to be you' though.

EDIT: Dreadknights needed to look more like a load lifter and less like a babycarrier. It's got a statline (and wargear) to make a Carnifex envious and is cheaper too, it just looks so bad I can't bring myself to assemble the other two I've had in boxes since the GK codex launched.

HiveCommander fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 7, 2014

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Pacheeco posted:

Eventually you'll get a bad game where just nothing goes your way but that's the dice for you. I still like Daemons a lot but I've distanced myself from the Pink Horror + HoT power blob because it's nearly impossible to get a 3WC Flicker (from the Horrors), 2WC Prescience, 2WC Flicker (from the HoT) off now. Something always fails and at 7WC base cost + "insurance" dice you've pretty much used all your dice for the phase compared to 6e when all you had to do was pass three LD10 Psychic Tests. I can just find a better, more reliable, use for those points now.

I had a ton of success from running two barebones 11 model Horror units last time I played though; they didn't cast any powers but they racked me up a ton of VP. 99 points for an ObjSec Troop that gives 2WC to my pool really helped my "new" psychic powerhouses: Heralds of Slaanesh, the Keeper of Secrets and Slaanesh Bio Princes. Going full Telepathy and Biomancy is vicious.
Oh I get you, 3WC flickering fire is hard enough to get working at the best of times. What I do see myself doing is running two 11 man horror units as objective holders and WC suppliers, while having the lord of change flying around dumping 3WC Flickfire on things (at BS6 and also having access prescience) it should do the job nicely.

Bio/telepathy princes are filthy, especially if they roll iron arm/invisibility, especially with a spell familar as back up.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Could any of you Space Wolf players do me a small favor? I'd appreciate it if someone measures the size of the Thunderwolf Cavalry and the Fenrisian wolf pack wolves, to see how they'd fit on a 50x100mm / 25x50mm Fantasy bases, respectively.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Could any of you Space Wolf players do me a small favor? I'd appreciate it if someone measures the size of the Thunderwolf Cavalry and the Fenrisian wolf pack wolves, to see how they'd fit on a 50x100mm / 25x50mm Fantasy bases, respectively.

Thunderwolves fit just fine on a 50x100mm, dunno about fenrisian wolves.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

zeal posted:

Aww. The C'tan resuming their project with the new short-lived, desperate species sprawled over their galaxy was one of my favorite parts of their fluff.

Which brings me to another question. Back when I collected, in 4E, there was a little fluff in the Necron and Tau codices that hinted at links between them, egged on by things like the Ethereal brow-crease looking oddly similar to the same feature on the Deceiver C'tan, their species-wide lack of a connection to the Warp, and their startlingly rapid progress from sticks and stones to starships (~3,000 years, iirc). Has the fluff of subsequent editions picked up on those threads at all, hinting at dark purposes behind the Ethereals or unknown manipulations behind their rise to power?

Nope, current fluff is that the Eldar created the Ethereals and were responsible for the warp storm that isolated T'au from the Imperium until the Tau could get up and running. It's all in Xenology.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

serious gaylord posted:

I don't have a problem with the Dreadnight as a concept, its just the execution is incredibly flawed.
I'm mostly offended by its ridiculous sculpt, which stands out from the otherwise really neat-looking Grey Knights. This guy's totally custom sculpt is pretty sweet though:

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

re: Tau and Necrons, is the Dawnblade still implied to be a Necrontyr artefact?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

serious gaylord posted:

It could be worse.

http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/Goliath

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Karandras posted:

It is, and Alpharius in 30k is carrying around the Pale Spear, which is strongly hinted to be a Necron weapon.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Thunderwolves fit just fine on a 50x100mm, dunno about fenrisian wolves.

Sorry, I meant the Fenris wolves on cavalry bases. I want to use them as Sabertusks in an Ogre Kingdoms army.

OH and I guess I have an actual 40k question too. :v: I've been out of the game for a while but some friends are picking it up again so I guuuuess I am too. How are Orks faring this go around? I don't know anything about the new edition.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Sorry, I meant the Fenris wolves on cavalry bases. I want to use them as Sabertusks in an Ogre Kingdoms army.

OH and I guess I have an actual 40k question too. :v: I've been out of the game for a while but some friends are picking it up again so I guuuuess I am too. How are Orks faring this go around? I don't know anything about the new edition.

Orks just got a new codex. I really like it. Many complain about the new mob rule. I think it's fine, it's definitely not as good as being fearless but it's still a major buff over taking regular morale and pinning tests. All ork infantry can reroll one of their dice or assault distance and once per game all orks can assault after running.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
There was a lot of talk about Orks being just another shitpile from GW when that book was coming out. It seems that is not the case?

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Chiming in here, Fenrisian Wolves I'm pretty sure fit just fine on the square cavalry bases. In fact, unless I'm misremembering, they actually come with them.

Karandras posted:

No, in the Farsight supplement they actually go into a lot more detail on what happens with the Dawn Blade and Arthas Moloch. It turns out it's a Chaos artefact that steals life force- basically, every guy that O'Shovah kills with hit, he eats their soul and extends his own life. As part of the events there, he also gets a reeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaal good look directly into the warp and is pretty much scared shitless about what he sees there- and realizes that the Ethereals have been hiding it from the rest of Tau society all this time, hence why he makes the split.

Boon posted:

There was a lot of talk about Orks being just another shitpile from GW when that book was coming out. It seems that is not the case?

There's definitely stuff I think they could've done better, but it is at least a functional codex. From a tournament standpoint the formations help a lot, especially the Battlewagon and Meganobz ones; most of them are also decent enough from a casual perspective as well and can add some interesting stuff. All in all I would rank the Ork codex as solid, but probably not top-tier.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Can you Witchfire out of a Rhino, then Smoke?

v: oh you

ijyt fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 8, 2014

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

poo poo, you can smoke after every phase! And in between turns! It's pretty much the best way to play warhammer.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Ignite Memories posted:

poo poo, you can smoke after every phase! And in between turns! It's pretty much the best way to play warhammer.

:golfclap:

Bonghammer.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
In the grim dank of the far future...

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

In all seriousness, me and my old roomate really enjoyed the beerhammer variant where any finished beer can be placed on the board and becomes impassible terrain. There's no feeling quite like chugging 2 beers during your opponent's shooting phase so he can't assault you.

Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004
Proud user of machines that go "Ping!"

Ignite Memories posted:

In all seriousness, me and my old roomate really enjoyed the beerhammer variant where any finished beer can be placed on the board and becomes impassible terrain. There's no feeling quite like chugging 2 beers during your opponent's shooting phase so he can't assault you.

This is kind of amazing. I like this.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Ignite Memories posted:

:aaaaa:

That's astounding.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I played a few games like that- but we never purposely placed beers down in front of each other. Thats a brilliant way to help turn beerhammer into sloshedhammer

HiveCommander posted:

Oh really? I thought that was always considered to be in use when a Lord of War was on the table. That makes the current trend of special character Lords of War a lot more palatable. Knights are still unbearable to play against if you haven't got the tools for the job (Daemons, Tyranids and Orks to a lesser extent have trouble with AV13) and it can really suck the fun out of a game if the other player throws a full army of them on the table, thus making the 30+ bolter marines in the army useless, unless walkers aren't only hit by grenades on a 6 and 'always turn to face their attacker' anymore.
So the rumour mill seems adamant that GKs are next up after Space Wolves

I am going to get Falchion and Knight Lancer so that every time somebody unpacks a pair of Knights I can smugly put down one of those.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Ignite Memories posted:

Seriously about to fall off the wagon due to this one. Goddamned amazing idea.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

So gonna deploy my Fortress of Beerdemption now.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

AbusePuppy posted:

All in all I would rank the Ork codex as solid, but probably not top-tier.

Which is probably for the best cause they should be trying to balance the books against one another rather than trying to make every new outclass the previous ones. I feel like the "top tier" books are where the problems are and balance can be achieved by bringing those in line rather than continuing the cycle of codex creep.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Fred loses his poo poo on my facebook wall. The thread went crazy, with Fred going all over the map, beginning with his calm support for the "mighty Russian military", something about the 14th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS, then declared I was a part of a secret pro-fascist junta, then he just started calling me a Nazi, and my friends Nazis (because apparently the Nazis run the Ukraine, and by being anti-"anyone who shoots down a passenger plane" - there's a chance I side with the Ukrainians, which therefore makes me a Nazi. :effort:

So anti-Nazi that I'll believe every word this aggressive nationalist dictator says!

That poo poo will always be hilarious to me.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

Shadeoses posted:

What's the general rule for painting ork jets? Red, yellow, and purple are all good colours, plus I guess checkerboard patterns and rude slogans.
If the jet is heavily looted/converted, then blue is a fitting colour. According to fluff, taking something from someone and then painting it blue means you now own it.
Red and yellow are indeed the colours for fast/flashy things respectively. White/yellow checks on black always look good on flat areas such as wings/fins.
I've not seen a lot of purple on ork stuff, but I don't see why you couldn't use it I guess.

Sulecrist posted:

Starting this weekend, my little (5-6 people) gaming group is rolling out a group-wide houserule that for as long as models survive and don't change their wargear, their controllers can choose to keep their Warlord Traits and/or Psychic Powers from game to game. This could theoretically lead to rad collusion, where say I have a Librarian model with the Infiltrate 3 Units Warlord trait I can lend him to my buddy to help out his Guardsmen for a game. But if he gets him killed off, I have to start fresh.

We've done stuff like this before in a campaign context, but this is a step toward essentially saying that everything we do is already part of one big narrative and we might as well have the rules start reflecting that.
That's quite a nice rule. It adds continuity between games without becoming too overpowered like the "+1 random attribute growth" that I've seen other campaigns use.

Ignite Memories posted:

This is also a rule that I like, and will propose it to my group at the next opportunity.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I hear the "don't balance against the upper tier, balance against the mid/lower tier" get bounced around every now and again.

In practice this works both ways. You can balance against upper performers if you want everyone to have powerful feeling units or you can balance against lower performers if you want everyone to have lackluster feeling units. In a perfect system everything would balance out after that, but since it never is, you are stuck with either lots of poo poo feeling units or lots of great feeling units. Most people find the latter more fun.

Really though, the issue is that GWs strategy for game balance is "FOR THE EMPEROR"

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Aug 8, 2014

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

BULBASAUR posted:

I hear the "don't balance against the upper tier, balance against the mid/lower tier" get bounced around every now and again.

In practice this works both ways. You can balance against upper performers if you want everyone to have powerful feeling units or you can balance against lower performers if you want everyone to have lackluster feeling units. In a perfect system everything would balance out after that, but since it never is, you are stuck with either lots of poo poo feeling units or lots of great feeling units. Most people find the latter more fun.

Really though, the issue is that GWs strategy for game balance is "FOR THE EMPEROR"

As much as it is hated, I am having great fun summoning daemonic hoards with my CSM. There is nothing like my Invisible Tzeench Daemon prince flying around summoning units while my lowly sorcerer gibs himself into a Lord of change.

As far as chaos goes, this is by far the best result yet.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Dude everyone's just jealous, gently caress the haters. I wish I could do that.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Rules question: Are there any rules that prevent a Riptide from being caught in a Sweeping Advance? Earlier tonight, my friend's Riptide had to fall back from an assault with Mephiston, and with Init 2 running from an Init 7 it isn't hard to guess the outcome.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

Nope, Riptides can totally get run down in close combat and it's not an uncommon occurrence. They also can potentially fail morale checks outside of combat as well (if they get hit with Terrify, if you buy them the Drones, etc.)

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009
So it seems that Space Wolves might be able to take Drop Pods (along with some other things) as both Dedicated Transports and Fast Attack. Source is here. My Spanish is a little rusty, but it does look like a Drop Pod can, like the Ork Trukk, be taken on its own. 35 points to ensure that your actual Drop Pod units are always in Turn 1 is amazing, especially when that 35 points is also AV 12 and scoring.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Von Humboldt posted:

So it seems that Space Wolves might be able to take Drop Pods (along with some other things) as both Dedicated Transports and Fast Attack. Source is here. My Spanish is a little rusty, but it does look like a Drop Pod can, like the Ork Trukk, be taken on its own. 35 points to ensure that your actual Drop Pod units are always in Turn 1 is amazing, especially when that 35 points is also AV 12 and scoring.

But you lose out on all those amazing fast attack choices :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

AbusePuppy posted:

Nope, Riptides can totally get run down in close combat and it's not an uncommon occurrence. They also can potentially fail morale checks outside of combat as well (if they get hit with Terrify, if you buy them the Drones, etc.)

Thank you, I was really hoping I didn't miss anything. Also, I'm quite glad with how much of a beast Mephiston is, even without an Invuln save.

• Locked thread