Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

They went to confront the Python over his failed plot to escape after kidnapping the president, and then Python took a swing at Phantom. The Phantom didn't start the fight (well, he did kinda provoke it by being a smug rear end in a top hat, but that's been Phantom standard for a while now).

He took his rings off and said 'hold these a second' before he went in the cell. That is universal code for 'I am about to beat this man.' It's right up there with a cop yelling "Don't touch my gun" or walking into an interrogation room with a phone book in his hand.

If the Llongo had surveillance cameras, he would have turned them all off one by one slowly, never breaking eye contact. His levelheaded partner would be saying "Come on, man, you don't need to do this. I'm sick of covering for you with the captain."

The captain knows all about it, of course. That detective may be a loose cannon with a sadistic streak, but drat it he gets results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Aleph Null posted:

She has acute halitosis, not a cute halitosis.

Ah, right. :doh:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Green Intern posted:

Well, this got dark pretty quick.

Buz Sawyer isn't afraid of peril!

(I love the way Christy's meant to be wringing her hands, but it looks more like sh'es rubbing them together in glee at Wish's predicament.)

:patriot:

Thumper
Apr 18, 2007
The Phantom is basically torturing a prisoner just for the fun of it, with a supposedly democratically elected president cheering him on. I really hope this storyline will turn out to be some kind of political critique, because it's really making me sick so far.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Thumper posted:

The Phantom is basically torturing a prisoner just for the fun of it, with a supposedly democratically elected president cheering him on. I really hope this storyline will turn out to be some kind of political critique, because it's really making me sick so far.

I'm pretty sure The Phantom is just not actually a superhero, considering some of his other recent exploits include messing around with Mandrake on a boat and bragging about all of his stolen treasure to some journalist before drugging her.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Phantom takes place in a world where every article of the Geneva Convention includes a "...but not if the guy is really a dick" clause.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Was the Gravelines Prison arc the last time the Phantom actually did something heroic? Because ever since that one it seems like he's just kinda been putzing around being smarmy all the time.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Thumper posted:

Have you considered getting treatment for this condition?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Taking-entertainment-seriouslyitis is an untreatable condition.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
So guess which cartoonist is going to appear on the 700 Club tonight?

No, seriously. Guess.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Mister Beeg posted:

So guess which cartoonist is going to appear on the 700 Club tonight?

No, seriously. Guess.

I'm shocked :geno:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

In a six-sentence bio, Gilchrist manages to mention god, cowboys, his lovely music and his tortured artistic soul. At no point does he mention Nancy.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
My occasional Peter Bagge post.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

I don't get it, where's the murder?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Zereth posted:

He's been murdering that poor Roo's self-esteem all this time.
That is the face of a broken woman.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Zereth posted:

Inspector Danger murdered Brewster five seconds after the last panel, and pinned it on one of his heirs.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I suck at drawing but that's a really bad shoe right?

sweetguts posted:

the average comic reading public fails us all once again

You'd pretty much have to be a fan of Luann to even vote so I'm not sure that's true.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I like how Inspector Danger is such an rear end in a top hat that even a strip that in any other comic would have just been a nice trip to the zoo is instead a huge chore forced on him by someone he spends three panels insulting to his face even though he's done nothing wrong.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Talking animals? Which strip was this again-

oh right

I honestly forgot

e: I don't want to double post, so I'm posting the Viivi & Wagner stuff here

Ka-shake

tiistai fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Aug 8, 2014

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

This is beyond stupid. :suicide:

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Ok, this is really getting interesting. I'm liking this, and I think it's because we've started a fresh story arc and it sort of makes sense. I think.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yeah, it's probably going to blow up and start skipping big chunks of time to introduce a bunch of characters that aren't fleshed out enough to have names so they can get into a big action scene that repeatedly breaks the 180 degree rule and nobody will know what's going on and we'll all hate it again, but for now it's got good pacing, a couple funny jokes, and a story hook that uses the setting well.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

RandomFerret posted:

Yeah, it's probably going to blow up and start skipping big chunks of time to introduce a bunch of characters that aren't fleshed out enough to have names so they can get into a big action scene that repeatedly breaks the 180 degree rule and nobody will know what's going on and we'll all hate it again, but for now it's got good pacing, a couple funny jokes, and a story hook that uses the setting well.

Someone upthread said ZNJ has been dropped and we're just playing out the string. So maybe the creative staff finally figured out how to create a comic strip just in time to get shitcanned.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

Really Pants posted:

Inspector Danger murdered Brewster five seconds after the last panel, and pinned it on one of his heirs.

An Italian heir, at that. May he roast forever more in the steaming maw of hell!

Bleeker: Skip is sooooo dumb....he sent snail mail to his online robot.

Pickles: Earl's career as a supervillain.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

What strip do you think you're in, 'Judge Parker'?

Pibgorn

This doesn't seem like the appropriate time for a quick nipple tweak.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Selachian posted:

Someone upthread said ZNJ has been dropped and we're just playing out the string. So maybe the creative staff finally figured out how to create a comic strip just in time to get shitcanned.

That was me, actually. We've got about two months worth of strips left.

don Jaime posted:

And I suppose you have a better way of getting the marshmallow to him?

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

don Jaime posted:

An Italian heir, at that. May he roast forever more in the steaming maw of hell!

Depending on the camp, there could be no internet access in which case he should've just sent a robot pterodactyl to deliver the message home.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Wanamingo posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

We all saw this coming right? Mistah yawk is dumb as hell.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

I can see why. I want that RAD shirt.

Mary Worth

What do you, the reader, think?

Rex Morgan MD

RIGHT IN YOUR FACE!

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

I do that too but only cause I don't like yelling across the hall or getting up to go talk to people.

No, it actually wouldn't, because she'd probably look like some weird bee fairy that follows you around everywhere and pops up in inconvenient times. Then she'd marry the incarnation of computer bug and probably have some unholy offspring from that pairing and none of it would make any drat sense.

Yeah...I gotta agree with stuck up girl. I filled out an Okcupid profile one afternoon and got 20 or so messages by the end of the day with several guys I would consider pretty good catches in there. Way more efficient than trying to chat guys up at the local coffee shop although you do get a lot of college students in those.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Aug 8, 2014

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

I do that too but only cause I don't like yelling across the hall or getting up to go talk to people.

What I hate about these strips is that what we got here is some old baby boomer putting his views into someone young. A real 20 something wouldn't think or talk like that.

edit: It happens quite often in Dustin, using the younger characters are mouth pieces for your obsolete views, why don't you just quit hanging on like a dingle-berry and drop into the toilet of history already so the rest of us can stop smelling your foul presence.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Aug 8, 2014

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
On the Fastrack

Ms. Trellis seems like the type who could kick everyone's rear end at bowling.

Her car probably got keyed. Who wants to bet her car got keyed?

Would not be surprised if there was a Fiverr gig of someone offering that service.

Safe Havens

If your dodos can legit count cards they're really being underutilized.

Also known as the storage closet.

Uh, excuse me, alleged card counters. I don't program my card counting animatronic bots to confess.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Or alternatively, continue living with your family.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Nipponophile posted:

Chatu had his men blow up the building where Phantom's wife works, kidnap her, and throw her into a hard labor prison while everyone else believed her to be dead.

His endgame was to contact the Phantom again years or even decades down the road, when he and his family have had time to grieve and come to terms with their loss.

"Hey Phantom, remember how you thought your wife was dead all this time? Actually she was suffering in a prison just a few hundred miles from your home. All these years you could've come and saved her at any time. She was probably expecting you to ride in and bust her out any day now. Well, right up until she died this morning, I guess."

That's not the sort of guy you punch just once.
Solitary confinement in the jungle isn't exactly a holiday.

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Was the Gravelines Prison arc the last time the Phantom actually did something heroic?
I think it might have been. The last Sunday arc was a flashback, but I can't remember what the one before that was. Was it the one where he brought Chatu to the jungle prison or was there something between those? Actually that might have been a weekday one, I can't remember.

The Born Loser

That pizza sounds pretty good to me. :shrug:

Dennis the Menace

There's something unsettling about that cat.

Family Circus

Dolly's been spending too much time with Scott.

Moose and Molly

I don't get it. :confused:

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

If your dodos can legit count cards they're really being underutilized.

Also known as the storage closet.

Uh, excuse me, alleged card counters. I don't program my card counting animatronic bots to confess.

There's something that just cracks me up about this white basketball player bragging about his assists.

We all KNOW you CAN'T JUMP! :cmon:

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Tiggum posted:

Moose and Molly

I don't get it. :confused:

The dog crapped on the floor because Moose wouldn't take it for a walk, so now it's giving him a mop to clean up the mess.

:thejoke:

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

Now her absurdly annoyed expression makes sense. More sense, I mean. :v:

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Remember, everyone: this has been going on for over a year now.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

Remember, everyone: this has been going on for over a year now.

"Brevity is the soul of wit..."
Polonius "P-Funk" Danishguy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Dunno what happened to Jane's World but apparently we've completely skipped the 6th. Anyway, here's the 7th, and today's.

I'm assuming the Dirk Benedict "Starbuck"?

Non Sequitur

True. But, I still want to know about this so called "incident".

8/7 Heavenly Nostrils

I've been wearing a mustache and goat for years, and I'm tempted to shave them off just to get that reaction.

Kliban linked because of some, well, I guess nicely drawn :nws: boobage.

http://i.imgur.com/6Tcsnsy.gif

It still doesn't make any sense, but, it's Friday, and I'm OK with that. :v:

9 Chickweed Lane 8/8/2003

"Sedulously"? Seriously? Who the gently caress ever uses that word O' Honorable Master? Just you, you weirdo.

Zits

Welp, Friday delivers, I guess. I know nothing about Ferrets, but are they for the most part, pretty docile?

Kevin & Kell

Aw for gently caress's sake. This is just stupid now. :barf:

Oh, I dunno Nemi, I think you'd do fine. That screamo voice though, might take some work.

• Locked thread