Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Riptides are fearless? Gotcha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
Riptuds are footless?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Wazdakka makes them fearless.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Fear is a good thing. It reminds you that you're still a grey-skinned alien with the martial prowess of a toddler.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Does the Fearless rule make you a Riptide?

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Lungboy posted:

Wazdakka makes them fearless.

Only if he's wearing Terminator Armor.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AbusePuppy posted:

Only if he's wearing Terminator Armor.

Too bad terminators don't wear terminator armor.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

LordAba posted:

They need to get their hands on the tech for Crisis suits. In the grim darkness of the far future, riding a bike of being a scrawny alien in a mech suit makes you tougher than the thickest powered armour suit in the universe :rolleyes:

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

So I need to paint about 10 cultists, both biker(warhorse) Hq and all 4 oblits before the 25th but what do you competitive guys think? For Nova incase it was not obvious...

Abbusepuppy Naramyth, Pacheebo etc.

Can Crimson Slaughter guys take two relics? If not my lord can swap Horns for a 4++.

For that matter do you think I should take CS warlord traits? I think there is a Rage one, so maybe I should grab the invulnerable anyway instead?

I know I said I expect to do poorly but if possible I want to do the best I can. And apparently this should be better than straight demons.

I agree with AbusePuppy, way unfocused, squishy targets mixed with heavy but not super heavy targets, I like nurgle oblits more then Tzeentch. If I were to do CSM/Demons it would be something like 9 oblits, 2+ lord on bike with spawns and screemerstar since you can pull 4 heralds now in an allied detachment OR 9 oblits and flying bio nurgle demon princes.

And I guess I've been cheating like a motherfucker with the scoring fliers. It only really effects game 2 of the invitational but it does shake my faith in my marine air list.

Naramyth fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 8, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

WAR FOOT posted:

So I've got Codex: Space Wolves here and the Wolf Priest page is the most :effort: page I've seen in a long while.

Is Canis in? What is the chariot thing? Can I still make a giant horde of wolves troops?

Edit: 4 HQs or 2?

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Aug 8, 2014

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
The bonuses for the special formation sound really cool to me. Piles of outflankers (although Wolf Scouts only do it on a 6+ unless they have an IC with them?) and control over reserves timing. What do people think?

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

LordAba posted:

Telion gives camo cloaks + Stealth.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

HiveCommander posted:

They need to get their hands on the tech for Crisis suits. In the grim darkness of the far future, riding a bike of being a scrawny alien in a mech suit makes you tougher than the thickest powered armour suit in the universe :rolleyes:

Let's be fair here: a Crisis suit is twice as tall as a dude in power armor, and those guys are supposed to be something like 8' tall already. I can live with the idea of a five-and-a-half meter tall future robot being tougher than a genetically-enhanced human.

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Is Canis in? What is the chariot thing? Can I still make a giant horde of wolves troops?

Edit: 4 HQs or 2?

According to the current leaks, Canis is in and still basically the same as before (although his "one attack for every guy in base" may or may not be present, haven't seen anything on that.) He does not gain an invulnerable save or anything else fancy I'm aware of, his warlord trait gives out some of the same bonuses to wolves nearby as he gave before. I haven't seen anything about Fenrisian Wolves yet, so no answers there.

I don't know of SW getting more HQs than usual if they just take a Combined Arms or other detachment, but their "unique" detachment lets you take up to six HQs (and also can let any of your infantry outflank on 6+, troops on a 4+.)

Logan's sweet ride is a 12/12/12 chariot with 3HP and apparently a 4++ save. It makes four WS3(?) S5 Rending attacks at Init 5, which includes an additional pile-in move for him. He can't Deep Strike if he upgrades to the chariot.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
^^^^
[edit]
A crisis suit is the size of a dreadnaught. I guess it's only T4 W2 because a crappy Tau is inside it.

AbusePuppy posted:

...Not knowing what models you have available and what sort of things you want to be running I can't say for sure, but Daemons definitely have the potential to be a strong army.

Naramyth posted:

I agree with AbusePuppy...
Thanks to the both of you. I obviously made some list oversights in my quickly edited version of this list from a blog (This guy apparently played AbusePuppy at BAO). Things like only 1 CAD allowed at NoVA for example...

I believe the plan for the sorc was to probably join spawn but maybe join obits if I got perfect timing, though my version is not as good since I have 2x2-bodies instead of 2x3-bodies. His list was more of a 'bomb' style where most everything sits in reserve and deepstrikes, but I can see how only betting on Scrires Gaze can be a problem.

The Tzeentch Oblit was a choice (I'm guessing) to combo better with grimoire/forewarning/cursed-earth buffs for fighting Str10 things (Knight, WraithKnight, Dreads), since T5 does not much good at that point.

Come the Apocalypse allies are allowed, so bike/Droppod SM (painted as chaos) are also an option I suppose but when I cost it out I figure I might as well double that allied slot into CAD and just do a Marine hybrid Bike/Pod/Flyer list as a different army entirely.

Either way here is a list of everything daemon that I have. (Asterisk means what needs (re)painting)

I will probably just take a smattering of Loc/1disc Herald, Horrors/Daemonettes, Hounds/Screamers and Grinder/DP. Hounds really lost a lot for me since I can't deploy my Aegis at the halfway mark anymore and they can't charge first game turn if they scout. People still think they are wroth it though, and they call them a tarpit but with Instability I just don't see how.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Yeah I terrified a Riptide off the board and started a poo poo you not 20 minute argument.

Terrify works really well against Riptides. ALthouhg not sure still how those stupid shield drones and him work.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 8, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
well at least JOTW got a reduction in power they did get a Tesla AR type weapon, I don;t know what "obscured a unit means,

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Either way here is a list of everything daemon that I have. (Asterisk means what needs (re)painting)

I will probably just take a smattering of Loc/1disc Herald, Horrors/Daemonettes, Hounds/Screamers and Grinder/DP. Hounds really lost a lot for me since I can't deploy my Aegis at the halfway mark anymore and they can't charge first game turn if they scout. People still think they are wroth it though, and they call them a tarpit but with Instability I just don't see how.

Invisible (via Belakor) dog bus carrying heralds will pretty much wreck anything on the ground that isn't an imp knight. My roommate has been playing around with it and it's pretty strong. If you used CSM to help with the knight problem I can totally see it working out. If you go second against a :gonk: gunline having them deep strike (with instrument heralds with your troop selections to get more attempts to make the block come on) then invisibility has worked pretty well for him as well.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Yeah I terrified a Riptide off the board and started a poo poo you not 20 minute argument.

Terrify works really well against Riptides. ALthouhg not sure still how those stupid shield drones and him work.

Terrify taught me that, just because Broadsides have 60" range, doesn't mean you should position them on the board edge.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

Ugh, that game was awful. I mean, the dude was fine and all, but it was The Relic on on turn 1 he put a 2++ rerollable Screamerstar in the middle of the table and then started Turbo-boosting away, so I was basically playing for the draw. And both of my Ghost Arks got immobilized by lucky shots/hits almost right of the bat, so I had no meaningful way to get into his deployment zone and score secondary points for the majority of the game. Not exactly my proudest hour right there.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

It actually looks like you have the makings of a pretty solid aggressive list right there; I would try something like this:

code:
Chaos Daemons
1 Be'lakor
1 Herald of Tzeentch (Disc, ML3, Exalted Gift)
1 Herald of Khorne (Exalted Gift, Juggernaut, Exalted Locus)
1 Herald of Slaanesh (Lesser Gift, Steed, Exalted Locus)
11 Horrors
11 Horrors
9 Screamers
15 Flesh Hounds
15 Seekers
1 Soulgrinder of Slaanesh
1 Soulgrinder of Slaanesh
Basically, you'd need to pretend the Tzeentch Grinders are Slaanesh instead, but otherwise you have everything you need (and most all of it is painted.) The plan is really simple: practically everything assaults on turn 2. Your opponent has exactly that much time to kill all the models in your army before you start going to town on them. Is it a plan that will always work? Oh no. Oh god, no. Sometimes you will be on a lovely table with no terrain and get chewed to pieces, and sometimes you will just roll really poorly and everything will fold up before you get to declare charges, but a lot of people won't be ready for it at all and it will just pounce on them and tear them to pieces. Heralds go with their respective squads, obviously; Be'lakor is there to fly around and cast support powers and Psychic Scream on things- he arguably is not necessary, but Invisibility and Shrouding as automatic powers is amazing. The Herald of Tzeentch takes the Grimoire, the Herald of Khorne takes Portalglyph, and the Herald of Slaanesh takes an Etherblade- you can churn out units of Horrors from the Portal and build up extra warp charge as the game goes on.

I'm not 100% on the points, since I'm working from memory here and I don't actually have the Be'lakor dataslate on hand, but this should be in the neighborhood. Against Knights you are pretty good and hosed, but that's a tough game for you to play no matter what; an Invisible unit of Screamers can do fairly alright unless the Knight player's dice are on fire, in which case it's kinda game over.

An alternate build could run the Fiends, a GUO, and Daemon Princes of Nurgle going for similar kinds of early assaults- you don't ever bother flying with them, just move 12" and enjoy that sweet, sweet 2+ cover save.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
So far the Space Wolves codex seems pretty solid. Grey Hunters are not so hideously better than all other troops choices (indeed, seem to have no way of getting Objective secured), Long Fangs get a price fix to get in line with similar stuff, cheap stuff like the wolf trikets that let you hit anything on a 3+ are gone.

On the other hand, their flyer is pretty strong, even their dreads have ways of getting a drat 3++ (Really GW, where do you get off giving stuff like Knights and other AV13 models premium invulnerable saves?), not to mention the wolf guard that can be spread over squads with more storm shields.

Drop pods are hideously broken as it is now, though. AV 12 vehicles laugh at almost any Interceptor gun in the game currently, meaning that as soon as they deploy, you are getting those objective cards. Letting passengers do a full 6-inch move from a guide deep-strike means that you will always be in the perfect position for a flamer or melta shot. They should be defined as non-scoring vehicles, or changed to got 55-60 points.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I got a guy who messaged me asking about commissions, primarily for his Eldar.

Checked out his DA and he's a game developer and writer in Montreal. Dude worked on ME2, DA:O, SWTOR, Thief, and Eternal Crusade.

I dunno, that kinda made my day. Feeling pretty stoked that I caught the attention of someone who has worked on high-profile titles.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Sephyr posted:

Drop pods are hideously broken as it is now, though. AV 12 vehicles laugh at almost any Interceptor gun in the game currently, meaning that as soon as they deploy, you are getting those objective cards. Letting passengers do a full 6-inch move from a guide deep-strike means that you will always be in the perfect position for a flamer or melta shot. They should be defined as non-scoring vehicles, or changed to got 55-60 points.

I agree about drop pods, their staying power and objective denying are really frustrating to deal with.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Would you say a small number of Objective Secured drop pods (1-2) is still hideously unfun to play against? I was planning on having both of my tactical squads in drop pods for thematic reasons, but I guess I can use Rhinos or Razorbacks instead if they're a huge bummer.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Sulecrist posted:

Would you say a small number of Objective Secured drop pods (1-2) is still hideously unfun to play against? I was planning on having both of my tactical squads in drop pods for thematic reasons, but I guess I can use Rhinos or Razorbacks instead if they're a huge bummer.

No, it's more of a "I have seven drop pods" kind of thing.

e: It's not necessarily unfun, it's just more difficult. Especially if there's a vehicle with heavy fire-power around, it really makes you think about target prioritisation.

e2: And with two drop pods, only one comes on first turn, the second is at the mercy of reserve rolls.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 8, 2014

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

I've got Sternguard in a drop pod too so there are actually a total of three pods in the list I'm painting toward, but only 1-2 are OS. I'm still figuring it out though. Right now we mostly play Zone Mortalis and Kill Team, so we don't have any transports at all. I've never played against a drop pod list but it sounds frustrating so I don't want to overdo it.

On the other hand I have non-sniper Scouts and stuff so I'm not exactly going for the throat here.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Just don't worry about it, if anyone in your group ends up raising complaints about it then you can discuss toning down the list or whatever. It also depends on the way you use drop pods. A friend of mine runs a Raven Guard list and almost always uses them aggressively to block off routes for vehicles, or melta something scary ASAP rather than objectives.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Sephyr posted:

So far the Space Wolves codex seems pretty solid. Grey Hunters are not so hideously better than all other troops choices (indeed, seem to have no way of getting Objective secured), Long Fangs get a price fix to get in line with similar stuff, cheap stuff like the wolf trikets that let you hit anything on a 3+ are gone.

Does it specifically say they cannot get obsec? Are they no longer troop choices ? IIRC troop choices automatically get obsec in a battle forged army as per the BRB.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Is there a different Detachment option in the SW codex, and what are the command benefits?

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

^^^

Sorry for making GBS threads up the thread with GT-Chat, I will promise to post pics of my paintings as I get ready and eventually NoVA itself!

AbusePuppy posted:

Ugh, that game was awful. I mean, the dude was fine and all, but it was The Relic on on turn 1 he put a 2++ rerollable Screamerstar in the middle of the table and then started Turbo-boosting away
How far did he move with turboboost? Rules for relic says:

40k The Rules page 147 "Moving with the Relic posted:

The Relic is fragile, and swift movement will likely damage it, so the model carrying the Relic cannot Run and can never move more than 6" in any phase. If it is forced to do so, the Relic is immediately dropped.

Here is how the list looks all tallied up:

Your mental-math was only a little over. I chose to lose two Fast Attack models and one gift. I figure I should exalt my two combat ICs since they can roll a free CC weapon. I guess grimoire should go with the most durable model but I'm not sure if that is Tzeentch or Khrone, depends where I send them to fight really.

Should Belakor be my warlord? I believe we are not restricted by highest Ld anymore. His trait is ok vs Xenos but at least he's a 'hard to hit' warlord. Though I might want to keep attention off him and warlord on Khrone for free and easy access to ID, Hatred or instability-insurance. If I did though would I swap his Loci for Rage? With Battleforged reroll it probably won't be that necessary, right? It would leave me 8pts... -1Seeker add two characters to Horrors and an etherblade to Slaanesh and then leave grimoire for Tzeentch to spread out threats?

WhiteOutMouse fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 8, 2014

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

WAR FOOT posted:

Can't kill poo poo in Close Combat with AP4, special bird Line of Sight thing no longer exists (Chooser of the Slain?), gets to reroll failed spells from the Wolf Lore (Which is pretty bad), has a 24" S3 AP- Assault d6 shooting attack (lol), no table, Mastery Level 3, 180points.

At 85 points for a Rune Priest with Level 2 and an Force Axe which gives him Adamantium Will, why even take Njall. Take a Rune Priest, take Divination, laugh all the way to the bank. Can also take a Psychic Hood for 10p if you want to Deny everything forever.

That shooting attack is the CotS. Chooser Of The Pecked.

Would be Str2, but they only aim for sensitive stuff like eyes anyway. Cyber bird, no!

Shadeoses posted:

It's hard to see, but the ork pilot is holding a shoota in his right hand, and the now-detached steering wheel in his left. I also added a twin-autocannon turret.

Did I tell you how much this owns bones when you posted it unpainted? Just in case I didn't: yeah, buddy, it's sweet.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 8, 2014

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Does an army built from this Detachment option count as Battle-forged? If you are Space Wolves, why wouldn't you always take this?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
The troops won't have Objective Secured.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

It requires 2 HQ versus normal 1, only allows reroll of Spacewolf Warlord traits (not rulebook ones) and does not give the sweet sweet objective secured like traditional CADetachment or Allied Detachment.

Though, having lots of fun HQs is fun and continues the trend from last codex, and while getting bonus chance to gain outflank is neat (works with army wide acute sense at least) the better part seems to be guaranteed unit arriving on each turn. Now that expensive gunboat flyer will be reliable at least. Many players will argue it's not as strong, but now casual people can actually have fun with their toys on turn two and they won't force their buddy to deal with Objective secured Droppods! :woop:

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

TheChirurgeon posted:

Does an army built from this Detachment option count as Battle-forged? If you are Space Wolves, why wouldn't you always take this?

Armies are battle forged if they are made up entirely of legal detachments and formations. Being battle forged does not confer objective secured, however. That is a bonus from using a Combined Arms detachment and Allied Detachment as per the BRB (I don't have it in front of me to reference the page, soz m8). There is an additional detachment option shown on the page preceeding the Combined Arms Detachment FOC that does not get the Objective Secured Command Benefit, as an example.

That Detachment trades Objective Secured (and still gets rerollable warlord traits, just under a different name) for +4 HQ choices and Outflank on a 6+ with one unit per turn able to arrive from reserves without having to roll.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

WhiteOutMouse posted:

How far did he move with turboboost? Rules for relic says:
Only 6" per turn, but it meant that he was immediately dragging the objective away from me, and with two Command Barges there was no way I was gonna be able to dive into 2000+pts of daemons (summoning!) and take it back from him immediately.

quote:

Your mental-math was only a little over. I chose to lose two Fast Attack models and one gift. I figure I should exalt my two combat ICs since they can roll a free CC weapon. I guess grimoire should go with the most durable model but I'm not sure if that is Tzeentch or Khrone, depends where I send them to fight really.

Should Belakor be my warlord? I believe we are not restricted by highest Ld anymore. His trait is ok vs Xenos but at least he's a 'hard to hit' warlord. Though I might want to keep attention off him and warlord on Khrone for free and easy access to ID, Hatred or instability-insurance. If I did though would I swap his Loci for Rage? With Battleforged reroll it probably won't be that necessary, right? It would leave me 8pts... -1Seeker add two characters to Horrors and an etherblade to Slaanesh and then leave grimoire for Tzeentch to spread out threats?

So you'll want to give the Herald of Tzeentch one of the Exalted Rewards and the Herald of Slaanesh a Lesser Rewards; the idea is that the Tzeentch guy carries the Grimoire and buffs the Screamers (or other unit) with it and the Slaanesh one just takes the Etherblade so you are rolling six WS7 I7 S4 AP2 attacks with him, which should be enough to win any challenge you care to decide upon. (Locus of Beguilement is amazing, btw.) Khorne already comes with an AP3 sword, so giving him something special is less important- just make sure he isn't the one who charges into the squad with the 2+ armor character.

Be'lakor is probably the preferred warlord despite his somewhat-mediocre trait because he is much harder to kill than anyone else, yes. You would be surprised how often being ahead by 1VP every game can make a difference. If you were to pick someone else, I would probably go with Tzeentch, as he will probably be the second-toughest, but really it's a bit of a toss up at that point.

Other than that the list is looking pretty solid. I would play around with it and try and get a feel for things before taking it to the tourney; how are you feeling about it? I know it's a big change from the original one you posted, but it sounded like you weren't terribly happy with it/Daemons before, so I figured that was perhaps not a problem. If it's not your style or feels like a huge dickmove to you or whatever feel free to say so; I'm not trying to co-opt you into running a list that you'll hate just for the sake winning or anything, you just seemed to be under the impression that Daemons can't win, which I don't think is true. This list might not get you first place at NOVA, but I think it will let you put up a fight and give people something to be scared of if they come up against you.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Quick question. If I felt compelled to get a Nephilim kit just because I think it looks cool, what would be the least useless load-out to give it for the tabletop?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Post 9-11 User posted:

Did I tell you how much this owns bones when you posted it unpainted? Just in case I didn't: yeah, buddy, it's sweet.

I'm painting it red and yellow :)

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I'm stoked to play it and I am overjoyed with all the advice, truly I can't stress that enough.

Hopefully I can wrangle up some practice games before I ship myself ~1,000 miles north, but I just don't get enough opportunities sadly with my unusual weekends and work hours. Either way it will get me off my rear end and finally get those seekers painted, probably my plague drones too.

Back in 6th when I did manage to play it was a lot of 1-3 FMC with 9 screamer/15 hounds and a grinder or two so this shouldn't be much different. I always deployed everything and marched up the table into assault while horrors were surprisingly hard to remove thanks to great defensive abilities and my midfield aegis.

This list looks like it'll be very similar but less reliant on FMC, which I might have been leaning on too much as the 3+ knights started showing up. I think you are right that I was too pessimistic about the codex, I guess it was just a bit of a hobby funk that layered on top of my pet units (psykers, FMC, scout-assault) drastically changing which soured me to my daemons. The field is just so full or a wide variety of lists and killy units that I was having a disappointing time making a true "all comers list" that felt solid. Everything dies to thunderfire/wyvern/knights/serpents, except FMCreatures, but they don't punch with the same power anymore. But time has passed, the money has been paid and I'm feeling the itch to play again. This feels surprisingly good, and my expectations are probably a bit more reasonable now as well.

As far as tactics go, I assume I should deploy everything and go for broke early? That is normally my auto pilot anyway. I was never very good at FMCircus since I would charge headlong into battle instead of flying off the table for 5 turns. I assume I roll Divination over Malefic with my herald. Nova has a unique interpretation of Psyker focus and Chaos focus:

NoVA FAQ posted:

Chaos / Chaos Daemon units that obtain the Primaris power from their chosen discipline for free may still gain the Primaris from another discipline due to Psychic Focus if they only GENERATE powers from that specific tree during psychic power generation.
The min/max-er inside wants to only pick one tree to get 5 powers for the price of 3. Either way I don't have a poo poo-ton of dice so I expect to maybe cast one or two defensive powers and try summoning something cool from my horrors (Holy poo poo, 3-power horrors!). Hopefully something like shrouding for 2+ jink screamers, any combo of Invis/Grimoire to Seekers/Hounds and maybe some 4++ in-between if others fail. Although 2+ cover has been my Achilles heel in the past once ignore cover and assault got involved, but 2+ (cover)reroll is so easy to get and oh so sweet for my simple brain to overlook!

But to say again, thanks a bunch for the conversation and all the help. Hopefully one day I will meet you at NoVA or I will become bold enough to branch out to some other event more centrally located.

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

Dulkor posted:

Quick question. If I felt compelled to get a Nephilim kit just because I think it looks cool, what would be the least useless load-out to give it for the tabletop?

Looted dakkajet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dulkor posted:

The Nephilim is the better of the two DA flyers. Use the Lascannon if you want to hit vehicles and tough infantry and the bolter for hordes. You aren't exactly spoiled for choice as far as wargear goes.

• Locked thread